Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Eternal Security of the Believer !

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
ph

Yes it does, thats the sure effect of God gigivinghem repentance, if they do not recover themselves, God has failed. Thats how they recover themselves, by God's power,, in fact it is actually God recovering them ! " turn thou me, and I shall be turned; for thou art the LORD my God."

Thats right, God keeps His People from all evil, it also states that God will stablish you. The word stablish is the greek word sterizo and means:

to make stable, place firmly, set fast, fix

2) to strengthen, make firm

3) to render constant, confirm, one's mind

God will make them constant which means He will cause them to be :

faithful; unswerving

If you do not believe this, you do not believe in God and His Truth ! He promises to strengthen them, and make them firm !

Thats a Covenant Blessing spoken of here Jer 32:40

And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.

All those are God's Promises, you reject this, you have no True Faith in God !

All the Lord's PROMISES ARE CONDITIONAL from day one on.. [[IN ETERNITY!]] satan fell! (+ many here are doing so as well:sad Rev. 17:1-5 + Heb. 6:6)

All the Lord's PROMISES ARE CONDITIONAL from day one on.. [[IN ETERNITY!]] satan fell! (+ many here are doing so as well:sad Rev. 17:1-5 + Heb. 6:6)

Yes, unfortunately so. I think the best thing to do is to pray for them and hope that God will reveal what is needed.

@savedbygrace57:

You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
(Galatians 5:4)

Well, evidently comments are needed.

The law that is mentioned here is Biblical law. This verse is a warning to modern-day 'pharisees,' the ones that just like the Pharisees of old have God's law, in its entirety, but while they like to call upon verses from it to show off their righteousness and supremacy over others, they have lost the spirit of the law, and their faith is based on dead assumptions. When Jesus told them that their law was not enough to save them, they laughed him off -- and then had him killed on the cross, in due course.

Whether or not you think you belong in that category is a question you have to ask yourself, I am not here to judge anyone. I personally try to ask myself that question as often as I can, because it is very easy to fall and feel self-righteous about oneself, especially so if you are a Christian.

The end verses of Romans 8 can be greatly assuring to the believer.

If you're not familiar with them, go read them! :)

The end verses of Romans 8 can be greatly assuring to the believer.

If you're not familiar with them, go read them! :)

They are very positive indeed, and truly, Christ gives me strength in many ways. The letter is a motivational speech, and works very well.

But the end reveals it for what it is. Verse 38 begins:

For I am convinced that...

Now, I am convinced as well, but only taking into account what is written in verse 37:

No, in all these things we have complete victory through him who loved us!

It is through Jesus Christ that we have the victory, and only through him. If we abandon him, our life is no longer in Christ, and as such our victory is lost.

pHghost posts us two below: ....

Re: Eternal Security of the Believer !
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Elijah674
____

Yes, unfortunately so. I think the best thing to do is to pray for them and hope that God will reveal what is needed.

____

@savedbygrace57:

You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
____

Then Well, evidently comments are needed.

The law that is mentioned here is Biblical law. This verse is a warning to modern-day 'pharisees,' the ones that just like the Pharisees of old have God's law, in its entirety, but while they like to call upon verses from it to show off their righteousness and supremacy over others, they have lost the spirit of the law, and their faith is based on dead assumptions. When Jesus told them that their law was not enough to save them, they laughed him off -- and then had him killed on the cross, in due course.

Whether or not you think you belong in that category is a question you have to ask yourself, I am not here to judge anyone. I personally try to ask myself that question as often as I can, because it is very easy to fall and feel self-righteous about oneself, especially so if you are a Christian. ---pHghost concludes.
_________

Elijah here: Prayer alone will not do these ones any good. (their's or ours! Isa. 59:1-2) Even before the Eternal Condition of one being Born Again, they must submit theirself to Christ to have the gift of the Holy Ghost... 'I GIVE UP LORD' is only the required [[STARTING POINT!]] Acts 5:32
[32] And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, [[[whom God hath given to them that obey him.]]]

And with NO I,I,I,I,I give up Lord??? That finds one as the Holy Ghost Inspired James to [[DOCUMENT]] in James 2
[26] For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.:sad
And for these D-E-A-D ones to think that the Godhead's Truth has been understood to say by the Born Again ones, that they got there by their works???:eeeekkk finds them 'spiritually brain DEAD.
And AGAIN... Salvation has been & is Eternally [[CONDITIONAL]] upon RECREATED LOVING BORN AGAIN OBEDIENCE!:wave 1 John 2:4 has it one of only two Truths!
And that is your free choice to by FAITH make! Phil. 4:13 + 2 Cor. 12:9's Free Gift... if one makes the Acts 5:32's REQUIRED CONDITIONAL CHOICE FIRST!

To claim Salvation cna be lost is to Cheapen the Price Yeshua paid on The Cross.

How exactly? He came to die for our sins and pay our debt. The only thing we need to do is to accept him and follow him. If we stumble and fall, his sacrifice is still there, an offer, for us and for others. Our actions do not cheapen his sacrifice in any way.

I find it almost as the opposite: do you not find it cheapens his sacrifice that someone claims to be saved and then goes on happily sinning -- since he was saved already, so you know, whatever. Pre-marital sex, drugs, the list goes on. I know a lot of people like that. This is what belief in eternal security leads a lot of people to. And if you think that was what our Lord died for...I don't know what to say further.

Actually Satan hasn't fallen yet.

http://z13.invisionfree.com/BlogMithrandirOlorin/index.php?showtopic=2

But that's irrelevant to Salvation. Adam fell in Genesis 3, we all inheret that Fall, Yeshua's Blood redeems us, Fallen Angels do not have that opportunity for Redemption we have. To claim Salvation cna be lost is to Cheapen the Price Yeshua paid on The Cross.

The [post] is as satans lie of Gen. 3:4
Inspiration has it stated as fact again in....

Heb.6

[1] Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
[2] Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
[3] And this will we do, if God permit.
[4] For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and [[were made partakers of the Holy Ghost]],
[5] And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
[6] If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; [[seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame]].

And to post opposite the the Inspiration above here, has surely done just that! And both of these devil's lies are [bound up together!] Lies of eternal security sure call's God's Word reprobate! (but that is just two of several doctrines that satan has to identify himself)

Hi, you seem to be of the right motive. The Born Again one of LOVE. Surely Christ made SALVATION SIMPLE in His Truth of.. [IF YOU LOVE ME KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS]. We see this is the Only Question asked of Him when He comes shortly!:thumbsup Eccl. 12:13-14 (nothing about eternal security!)

And the ones that were/of Rev. 17:1-5 will do as He COMMANDS in Rev. 18:4 if still alive at that time? And your prayer will be answered by these Rev. 18:4 ones theirselves, huh?

--Elijah

I think that when Enoch and Elijah return and preach about the kingdom of God to the Jews, that will be a great time for conversion. This is off-topic so I won't make any more comments on this thread about what I just said. :biggrin

Well, evidently comments are needed.

It is my opinion that Paul is speaking to Christian Jews who are under the New Covenant. These Christian Jews are insisting that all converts to Christianity adhere to the Laws of Moses of the Old Covenant. Paul is explaining that all Christian Jews who insist on adherence to the Mosaic Law are severed from Christ. They have fallen away from the faith of Jesus Christ and are no longer saved. See Galatians 3 & 4 for more on this.

It is my opinion that Paul is speaking to Christian Jews who are under the New Covenant. These Christian Jews are insisting that all converts to Christianity adhere to the Laws of Moses of the Old Covenant. Paul is explaining that all Christian Jews who insist on adherence to the Mosaic Law are severed from Christ. They have fallen away from the faith of Jesus Christ and are no longer saved. See Galatians 3 & 4 for more on this.

One thing I need to correct you on: he is not addressing Christian Jews -- the letter is to the churches in Galatia, where the Jewish populace was not so prominent. But, you are right that a big issue -- with the early churches in general, was whether to accept for their own the Mosaic Law.

So, for them, the context was specifically that -- because that was the law they were so rigidly trying to live by. But for us, that law is no longer an issue, but that does not mean the message does not apply to us, we have other laws that took its place. It is explained what exactly the problem with living by the law is:

Now it is clear no one is justified before God by the law, because the righteous one will live by faith. But the law is not based on faith, but the one who does the works of the law will live by them.
(Gal 3:11-12)

It is faith that is crucial, and if you lose this faith, and walk away from the Lord, no thing written will save you.

Which is where we come back to Galatians 5:4, and I will expand on it further, because the verses right after again clarify what is meant.

You who are trying to be declared righteous by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace! For through the Spirit, by faith, we wait expectantly for the hope of righteousness. For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision carries any weight - the only thing that matters if faith working through love.
(Gal 5:4-6)

So: if you have faith, God's grace is with you. But, if you have not faith, God's grace is not with you -- and in the case where it was with you previously, you are alienated and fallen away from that grace.

Both "alienated" and "fallen away" are very clearly indicative of a change of state, you had something, were part of something, but it is no longer so.

One thing I need to correct you on: he is not addressing Christian Jews -- the letter is to the churches in Galatia, where the Jewish populace was not so prominent. But, you are right that a big issue -- with the early churches in general, was whether to accept for their own the Mosaic Law.

So, for them, the context was specifically that -- because that was the law they were so rigidly trying to live by. But for us, that law is no longer an issue, but that does not mean the message does not apply to us, we have other laws that took its place. It is explained what exactly the problem with living by the law is:

Now it is clear no one is justified before God by the law, because the righteous one will live by faith. But the law is not based on faith, but the one who does the works of the law will live by them.
(Gal 3:11-12)

It is faith that is crucial, and if you lose this faith, and walk away from the Lord, no thing written will save you.

Which is where we come back to Galatians 5:4, and I will expand on it further, because the verses right after again clarify what is meant.

You who are trying to be declared righteous by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace! For through the Spirit, by faith, we wait expectantly for the hope of righteousness. For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision carries any weight - the only thing that matters if faith working through love.
(Gal 5:4-6)

So: if you have faith, God's grace is with you. But, if you have not faith, God's grace is not with you -- and in the case where it was with you previously, you are alienated and fallen away from that grace.

Both "alienated" and "fallen away" are very clearly indicative of a change of state, you had something, were part of something, but it is no longer so.

I agree with you that he was writing to the Christian Churches in Galatia which consisted of mostly Christian Gentile Church members. My point, which I obviously did not make clearly enough :eeeekkk, was that it was the minority Christian Jews of these congregations who were causing the confusion for the Gentile converts. It was these Judaizers who were insisting that the Gentiles follow the Mosaic Law. Paul wrote this letter to these congregations to clear up the confusion the Judaizers were causing.

:thumbsup Amen.

You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace. (Galatians 5:4)

Behold, I, Paul, am saying to you that if you persist in being circumcised, Christ will be advantageous to you in not even one thing, and I solemnly affirm again to every man who receives circumcision, that he is under obligation to do the whole law. You are without effect from Christ, such of you as in the sphere of the law are seeking your justification. You have lost your hold upon grace. - Wuest

If you seek to be justified and declared righteous and to be given a right standing with God through the Law, you are brought to nothing and so separated (severed) from Christ. You have fallen away from grace (from God's gracious favor and unmerited blessing). (Galatians 5:4 - Amplified)

I see the above verse more in the light of quenching the spirit similar to what Paul describes in 1 Corinthians;

1 Corinthians 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

This view would also be supported by the verse in James where we are told that God gives more grace to the humble. This is not a description of salvation but describes the process of drawing nearer to God.

Satan has done a good job getting Christians to measure each others salvation and declare who is and isn't saved. Consider the following;

Jesus says that there will be many to whom he will say, "I never knew you". We also see Jesus telling the Pharisees, "you are of your father the devil". There have been, are, and will be people who are mistaken about their salvation and the status of their relationship with God.

The question becomes, "How can we be sure?"

The Bible says both that we can "know" we are saved (1John 5:13), and that we should examine ourselves to see if we are in the faith (2Corinthians 13:5). This is not a contradiction.The Bible tells us that there is uncertainty and can be certainty. The Bible also tells us to persevere. To the theologian this apparent ambiguity is something he must resolve and explain. As a result, there are many doctrines of various denominations that are promulgated more for their tidiness than their accuracy.

We might want to consider that the lack of Biblical specificity is not an error, but rather the desire of God that we derive our assurance of salvation directly from Him. God may want us unsure and ill at ease until we mature in faith and grow in the image of Christ and closer to Him.

Some religious experts offer measurement standards such as having been baptized, saying a particular prayer, having taken Jesus "into your heart", or made Jesus Lord of your life as the criteria to guarantee that one is saved.

If someone asks me if they are saved, I try to help them by using measurement criteria from the Bible. For example, the Bible is foolishness to those that are perishing, "Do you think the Bible is foolish?". The Bible says that people will know that we are Christians by the love we have for each other, "Do you have love for other Christians?" We have been sealed with the Holy Spirit, "Do you discern His presence?" The Christian is supposed to be in a process of becoming like Jesus, "Are you becoming like Jesus?".

For the person who is not comforted by such questions, I suggest that he put more work into knowing his Savior, the Bible, and surrendering himself to Jesus. Often it is our worldly attachments and walking in the flesh that prevent us from growing closer to his Lord and thus able to draw certainty of salvation.

Our modern organizational religious systems have lost the personal touch. They will often tell someone to be assured because they have met the established criteria and are thus saved. The relational component of Christianity comes in when an older and wiser Christian brother or sister can show a younger one how to draw closer to Jesus and gain the assurance they seek directly from Him who saved them. Christians do not need to fight over what they feel is the most accurate doctrinal statement. They need to encourage those whose faith is weak and walk is distant to draw closer to their Lord and draw their certainty directly from Him who loves them.

............The Bible says both that we can "know" we are saved (1John 5:13), and that we should examine ourselves to see if we are in the faith (2Corinthians 13:5).

The question becomes, "How can we be sure?"

The Bible says both that we can "know" we are saved (1John 5:13), and that we should examine ourselves to see if we are in the faith (2Corinthians 13:5). This is not a contradiction.The Bible tells us that there is uncertainty and can be certainty. The Bible also tells us to persevere. To the theologian this apparent ambiguity is something he must resolve and explain. As a result, there are many doctrines of various denominations that are promulgated more for their tidiness than their accuracy...........

:) I enjoyed your post and I agreed with many things you said. I will comment specifically on what I quoted above from your post.

The best way to ensure that you (and I) have indeed been called and elected to enter into eternal life:

(ESV) Peter 1:1-11 Simeon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ,

To those who have obtained a faith of equal standing with ours by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:

2 May grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord.

3 His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence, 4 by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire. 5 For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge, 6 and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with steadfastness, and steadfastness with godliness, 7 and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love. 8 For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they keep you from being ineffective or unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For whoever lacks these qualities is so nearsighted that he is blind, having forgotten that he was cleansed from his former sins. 10 Therefore, brothers, be all the more diligent to confirm your calling and election, for if you practice these qualities you will never fall. 11 For in this way there will be richly provided for you an entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

If a person truly, continually, obeys God's commandments to the best of his ability until he dies, he will enter into eternal life after his death.

Matthew 24:11-13 (ESV) And many false prophets will arise and lead many astray. 12 And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But the one who endures to the end will be saved.

Timothy 3:1-5 But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. 2 For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, 4 treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; Avoid such men as these.

Many people claim to be Christians (holding to a form of godliness), but they deny by their evil works Christianity's power to save them. Christianity does not save unrepentant evildoers. Repentant persons continually strive to choose to not sin again after they have been saved.

Titus 1:16 They profess to know God, but in works they deny Him, being abominable, disobedient, and disqualified for every good work.

Pride is the downfall of many Christians. People in positions of power are especially susceptible to falling away from the faith.

For example, the following Scripture passage pertains to the office of bishop within the Church. Paul is both apostle and bishop and he is instructing Timothy, who is another bishop, on how to choose good bishops for the Church:

1 Timothy 3:1-7 This is a faithful saying: If a man desires the position of a bishop, he desires a good work. 2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, temperate, sober-minded, of good behavior, hospitable, able to teach; 3 not given to wine, not violent, not greedy for money, but gentle, not quarrelsome, not covetous; 4 one who rules his own house well, having his children in submission with all reverence 5 (for if a man does not know how to rule his own house, how will he take care of the church of God?); 6 not a novice, lest being puffed up with pride he fall into the same condemnation as the devil. 7 Moreover he must have a good testimony among those who are outside, lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

Paul is mindful of the dangers of falling away from the faith and thereby losing the crown of eternal life:

1 Corinthians 9:24-27 Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it. 25 And everyone who competes for the prize is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for an imperishable crown. 26 Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air. 27 But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.

Paul knows that even though he is an apostle and even though he has faithfully preached the gospel, that he can still fall away from the faith before he dies. If he does fall away and remains unrepentant until he dies, he will have believed in the hope of eternal life in vain.

Corinthians 15:1-3 Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, 2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.

Paul explains that God helps us to bring our bodies and minds into subjection to Him through our infirmities:

2 Corinthians 12:1-9 It is doubtless not profitable for me to boast. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord: 2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago—whether in the body I do not know, or whether out of the body I do not know, God knows—such a one was caught up to the third heaven. 3 And I know such a man—whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows— 4 how he was caught up into Paradise and heard inexpressible words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter. 5 Of such a one I will boast; yet of myself I will not boast, except in my infirmities. 6 For though I might desire to boast, I will not be a fool; for I will speak the truth. But I refrain, lest anyone should think of me above what he sees me to be or hears from me.

7 And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. 8 Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. 9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.†Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

One of the remedies for the prevention of the sin of pride:

Philippians 2:3 Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself.

Kept from falling !

God is of the ability to keep His Saints from falling ! Jude 1:24

24Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

Many false teachers lie and blaspheme against God, and teach that people who are eternally redeemed, may at last depart or fall away from God ! Well this scripture says otherwise, it cannot happen ever. You remember Adam fell away from God and became alienated. The stoney ground hearer falls away in the by and by Lk 8:13

They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

This scripture should be enough scripture evidence to see that some people can become believers, and yet fall away, however they had no root,meaning they were never in Christ, the root, the vine in the first place, so John says of them later in his epistle 1 Jn 2:19

They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

God will always make them manifest for the cheats they are, and that comes through their falling away from the Truth Lk 8:13 !But this falling away cannot occur to the True believer . God's ability keeps them from falling in order to present them faultless before His Presence with exceeding Joy !

That word falling in the greek is the word aptaistos which means:

not stumbling, standing firm, exempt from falling

You see that ? These are strong words. It even means that one is exempt from falling from the ways of the Lord !

So for those foolish deceivers who say about Jn 10:28-29

28And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

But they say in foolish response, yes but that does not mean they cannot leave of themselves out of the Hand Of God ! Thats falling away, if that can be done, we may as well strike Jude 1:24 out of the scripture , because it was proved a fraud ! If these here of 1 Tim 4:1

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

If any of these were True Born Again Believers, then God's word is fraudulent !

In my opinion, those of 1 Tim 4:1 are those Jesus spake of in Lk 8:13, who never had root in Christ in the first place. They were were never of those that is said to be planted by the Father ! Matt 15:23

But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.

Of course this concludes, that every plant that the Heavenly Father did plant, shall not be rooted up ! If a person leaves the Faith, and they were planted by the Father, then Jesus is a cheat !

Last edited by a moderator:
Every person who becomes born again was saved/justified at that moment in time.

Not every born again person continues to be saved/justified until he dies. If a person does not continue to be saved/justified until he dies, he is not approved to enter into eternal life after he dies.

Luke 8:13 NKJV
But the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, who believe for a while and in time of temptation fall away.

They believe/obey the gospel at first, but then they get tired of obeying the gospel/God's commands and so they eventually choose to sin against God's commandments in order to please their own fleshly desires.

Before God created mankind, He knew which persons would enter into eternal life and which persons would not. He predestined only the persons to eternal life whom He knew would remain faithful to His commandments until they died.

He put into His hand only the persons whom He knew would be faithful to Him and His commandments until they died.

Jesus is both the source of salvation and the finisher of the faith of the persons who continually choose to obey His commandments until they die.

Hebrews 12:2 (NKJV)
2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Jude 1:24 (NKJV)
24 Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling,
And to present you faultless
Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy,

The persons who keep themselves in the love of God with the help of God's grace/Holy Spirit are the persons whom Jesus is able to keep from falling into sin.

1 John 5:3
For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome.

Jude 1:20-24 (NKJV)
20 But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, 21 keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
22 And on some have compassion, making a distinction; 23 but others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire, hating even the garment defiled by the flesh.

Acts 5:32 NKJV
And we are His witnesses to these things, and so also is the Holy Spirit whom God has given to those who obey Him.â€

Hebrews 5:9 ESV
And being made perfect, he [Jesus] became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey him,

Heaven is for the obedient and hell is for the disobedient.

2 Thessalonians 1:7-9 (ESV)
7 and to grant relief to you who are afflicted as well as to us, when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with his mighty angels 8 in flaming fire, inflicting vengeance on those who do not know God and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9 They will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might,

John 5:28-29 (NKJV)
28 Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice 29 and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.

That True Believers can loose their Salvation is one of the most God and Christ dishonoring doctrines that a man can utter ! Its nothing less than taking a shot at and discrediting the very Power of God [Blasphemy] which is keeping the Believer through Faith unto that Salvation that is ready to be revealed 1 Pet 1:5

3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

4To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

5Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Now I am not referring to every false believer, but to all those believers in Christ who hath been begotten again unto a lively hope [Faith] by [not their freewill] the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.

These have been begotten again ! Now this word begotten ins the greek word anagennao:

to produce again, be born again, born anew

metaph. to have one's mind changed so that he lives a new life and one conformed to the will of God

It is those who have been produced again, born anew. It also means to have been given one a Change of Mind, which is Repentance. The greek word used for Repentance is metanoia and means:

a change of mind, as it appears to one who repents, of a purpose he has formed or of something he has done

So we can now see from scripture that a Change of Mind, Repentance is an effect of having been begotten again by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, it cannot be made any plainer.

The word for begotten again is also translated born again in 1 Pet 1:23

23Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Now these born again ones are being kept by the power of God through Faith ! And for what purpose are they being kept ? Unto Salvation ready to be revealed.

1 Pet 1:5 "Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time."

They are kept CONDITIONALLY through faith. God does not unconditionally keep people, meaning if one loses his faith [and one can lose his faith, 1 Tim 4:1; 1 Tim 5:12, 1 Tim 6:10; etc] God will not continue to keep him.

Kept by the Power of God through Faith !

Many who would pervert this text of scripture, attempt to make mans faith the cause of being kept, and so once a man looses faith, he is no longer kept ! What high handed mutiny against the Power of God !

Peter plainly sets forth that those born again are Kept by the Power of God through Faith, that is Faith is a product of the Power of God and it is being sustained by the Power of God. This is the same power by which one believes in the First place.

First, this does not explain away that some can and have departed from the faith, 1 Tim 4:1; 1 Tim 5:12, 1 Tim 6:10, etc. Did God's power fail in keeping these from leaving from the faith? The eternal securist will often insert his excuse "if he departs from the faith, that means he never had true faith to begin with". But that excuse does not explain how one can depart from or cast off something he never had. How can you depart from or cast off from New York if you have never even been there to begin with?

Secondly you say "Faith is a product of the Power of God" Rom 10:17 says faith is a product of hearing the word of God. Faith is not something God capriciously, uncondtionally hands out to some and withholds from others for that idea makes God culpable for the lost and man would have excuse, Rom 1:20. Yet God is not to be blamed for the lost, for if you do not have faith that is your fault for not developing and maintaining faith within your heart, Rom 10:9,10.

Last edited by a moderator:
First, this does not explain away that some can and have departed from the
faith,

Thats easy, if that happens, they were never saved in the first place !

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back