Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

God's Great Free Gift of Salvation for Everyone

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
The Lords people are all that have heard and believe his Gospel, Ephesians 1:13.

Faith in Christ and his Gospel are the only way into eternal life. There is no other way.
Are you telling me people Christ said He never knew, that He died for them ? Didnt He say He knew His Sheep that He died for ?

READ YOUR BIBLE! You might start with this verse: "For this is the way God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that EVERYONE who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Jesus died for EVERYONE!

And again, why or you so fixated on SHEEP? Over and over and over and over and over and over...and over. It gets tiresome!
So you telling me that Christ loved and died for people He said He never knew ? Matt 7:23

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Now scripture says the Lord knows them that are His 2 Tim 2:19

19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Are you telling me people Christ said He never knew, that He died for them ? Didnt He say He knew His Sheep that He died for ?
Jesus has atoned for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. Salvation has been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9. But nothing is ours until it is received by faith. If you don't call on Christ to save you, instead of trusting that you have been predestinated, you will hear those words, "I never knew you" Matthew 7:23. Salvation has always been by faith. Calvinism is not of faith.

Jesus has atoned for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. Salvation has been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9. But nothing is ours until it is received by faith. If you don't call on Christ to save you, instead of trusting that you have been predestinated, you will hear those words, "I never knew you" Matthew 7:23. Salvation has always been by faith. Calvinism is not of faith.
Those Jesus atoned for, surely He knew them, He knew His Sheep He died for Jn 10:14-15

14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
So its impossible for any of them in Matt 7:23 were of Jesus Sheep He died for
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Those Jesus atoned for, surely He knew them, He knew His Sheep He died for Jn 10:14-15

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
So its impossible for any of them in Matt 7:23 were of Jesus Sheep He died for
Matthew 7:21-23 is about people that believe that they must do something to be saved. In your case you believe that you must believe in Calvinism, or you will not be saved. Not much difference. Salvation is by grace through faith, Ephesians 2:8. Plus nothing. Not Calvinism, not by any thing that we do or become. I am afraid that you are going to be in the "Lord, Lord, didn't I group" Matthew 7:21-23. Lord, Lord, didn't I become a Calvinist?

Matthew 7:21-23 is about people that believe that they must do something to be saved. In your case you believe that you must believe in Calvinism, or you will not be saved. Not much difference. Salvation is by grace through faith, Ephesians 2:8. Plus nothing. Not Calvinism, not by any thing that we do or become. I am afraid that you are going to be in the "Lord, Lord, didn't I group" Matthew 7:21-23. Lord, Lord, didn't I become a Calvinist?
Jesus said He never knew them, however Christ knew the Sheep He died for, so how could He have died for people He never knew ? Is Jesus lying ?

Jesus said He never knew them, however Christ knew the Sheep He died for, so how could He have died for people He never knew ? Is Jesus lying ?
"Jesus is Lord". Jesus is Lord because he defeated sin, death and the devil and now sits in heaven as "The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16.

All sin has been atoned for so that, "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13. Your Calvinist God does not want you to believe that. Problem is that no one will be saved that does not believe that Jesus is Lord.

"Jesus is Lord". Jesus is Lord because he defeated sin, death and the devil and now sits in heaven as "The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16.

All sin has been atoned for so that, "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13. Your Calvinist God does not want you to believe that. Problem is that no one will be saved that does not believe that Jesus is Lord.
Jesus Christ didnt die for nor love people He shall say to them I never knew you Matt 7:23

Now Christ knew His Sheep that He died for Jn 10:14-15

Also if Christ died for people sins, atoned for them, why does He call them " ye that work iniquity ?

Jesus Christ didnt die for nor love people He shall say to them I never knew you Matt 7:23

Now Christ knew His Sheep that He died for Jn 10:14-15

Also if Christ died for people sins, atoned for them, why does He call them " ye that work iniquity ?
You are in denial of what the scripture says. "God so loved the WORLD that he gave his only begotten Son" John 3:16. God loves everyone and has provided salvation for everyone, Hebrews 2:9.

Many will hear, "Depart from me, I never knew you" Because they had never called on Jesus to save them.

You are in denial of what the scripture says. "God so loved the WORLD that he gave his only begotten Son" John 3:16. God loves everyone and has provided salvation for everyone, Hebrews 2:9.

Many will hear, "Depart from me, I never knew you" Because they had never called on Jesus to save them.
God did Love the world, but thats not saying He Loved every individual in the world. He didnt Love Esau Rom 9:13

13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
He didnt Love the ones He shall say this to Matt 7:23

Thats the same as saying I never loved you and rejected them !

God did Love the world, but thats not saying He Loved every individual in the world. He didnt Love Esau Rom 9:13

He didnt Love the ones He shall say this to Matt 7:23

Thats the same as saying I never loved you and rejected them !
God does not hate anyone. God hated what Esau stood for, but not Esau. It is a sin to hate people.

God does not hate anyone. God hated what Esau stood for, but not Esau. It is a sin to hate people.
In my preferred translation, The words in Malachi are translated "“Esau was Jacob’s brother,” the Lord explains, “yet I chose Jacob and rejected Esau". The accompanying footnote reads: Heb “and I loved Jacob, but Esau I hated.” The context indicates this is technical covenant vocabulary in which “love” and “hate” are synonymous with “choose” and “reject” respectively (see Deut 7:8; Jer 31:3; Hos 3:1; 9:15; 11:1).

God hated Esau Rom 9:13

He hates all the workers of iniquity Ps 5:5
5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.
Thats who He is talking to in Matt 7:23
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity

God hated Esau Rom 9:13

He hates all the workers of iniquity Ps 5:5
5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.
Thats who He is talking to in Matt 7:23
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity
God hates sin but loves the sinner. Jesus shed his blood for everyone, Hebrews 2:9.

God hates sin but loves the sinner. Jesus shed his blood for everyone, Hebrews 2:9.
Ps 5:5 doesnt say God hates the sin but loves the sinner. Ps 5:5 says God hates the sinner, the worker of the sin. So you do bear false witness

And its falsehood to tell people God Loves everybody, thats not in scripture anywhere.

Ps 5:5 doesnt say God hates the sin but loves the sinner. Ps 5:5 says God hates the sinner, the worker of the sin. So you do bear false witness

And its falsehood to tell people God Loves everybody, thats not in scripture anywhere.
That is Old Covenant stuff. Under the New Covenant "God so loves the world (everyone) that he gave his only begotten Son" John 3:16. You need to scrap your cruel Calvinist God and trust in Christ alone.

That is Old Covenant stuff. Under the New Covenant "God so loves the world (everyone) that he gave his only begotten Son" John 3:16. You need to scrap your cruel Calvinist God and trust in Christ alone.
Oh no its not just old covenant stuff, its Gods Truth, and you shouldnt scoff it like that friend. Its scripture, show respect 2 Tim 3:16

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

luke 24:44-45

44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
The Psalms are the scriptures, Ps 5:5

Oh no its not just old covenant stuff, its Gods Truth, and you shouldnt scoff it like that friend. Its scripture, show respect 2 Tim 3:16

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

luke 24:44-45

44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
The Psalms are the scriptures, Ps 5:5
Only scripture that was written under the New Covenant is correct.

Everything that was written under the Old Covenant is questionable, because the Old Covenant of law and religion has been abolished, Ephesians 2:15. Jesus nailed it to his cross, Colossians 2:14. Jesus is the end and the fulfillment of the Old Covenant of law and religion, Romans 10:4. Under the New Covenant God's people live by faith, Romans 1:17 and not by laws, rules or religion. They live by faith in Christ and his Gospel and are led and taught by the Holy Spirit.

Only scripture that was written under the New Covenant is correct.

Everything that was written under the Old Covenant is questionable, because the Old Covenant of law and religion has been abolished, Ephesians 2:15. Jesus nailed it to his cross, Colossians 2:14. Jesus is the end and the fulfillment of the Old Covenant of law and religion, Romans 10:4. Under the New Covenant God's people live by faith, Romans 1:17 and not by laws, rules or religion. They live by faith in Christ and his Gospel and are led and taught by the Holy Spirit.
I wish that more people would read and understand this. There is a natural tendency to have one's behavior governed by written rules, commands, and laws, which is why God gave them to His chosen people. However, under the New Covenant, the old method of governing one's life by written rules, commands, and laws has been abolished. Jesus paid the ultimate sacrifice so that the written law would be abolished in our lives and we could be inspired and motivated by the Holy Spirit.

It is baffling to me that so many people who identify as Christians don't recognize this. As Paul clearly stated, "In the same way, my brothers and sisters, you have died to the law through the body of Christ, so that you may belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead in order that we may bear fruit for God. For while we were living in the flesh, our sinful passions, aroused by the law, were at work in our members to bear fruit for death. But now we are discharged from the law, dead to that which held us captive, so that we are enslaved in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the written code." Romans 7:4-6

Back