Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Have you ever seen a ghost before?

Vave you ever seen a ghost before?

• yes

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • no

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • they don't exist

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • I wish to see one

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • uncertain

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Classik

This is not a joke. Has anyone ever seen a ghost or a demon or had had an encounter with them before...and you are very certain what you saw or felt?

I have.

I'd be kinda cool to see one (a spirit, not a demon), but don't think I have. At least not knowingly.
I went on a "ghost tour" once. They encouraged you to take pictures saying light orbs could be ghosts and you might even see faces on them of actual l people who once existed. And they told you various ghost stories, but as fun and excitingly spooky as they are they're for entertainment purposes only.

I've never seen one, but I have exorcized one... kinda... I attended a horticultural college from 1984-1986. Just a year or two after the school was founded (1940), one of the students fell in love with a lady who worked in the cafeteria. When she rejected him, he killed her. Ever since then, there have been occasional reports of people seeing her ghost. While I was there, one of the students mentioned that she had woken up a few nights in a row and seen a young blond woman siting in her chair. She never said anything, but just sat silently. I asked her (the student) whether this made her afraid and she said it didn't. Then I asked whether it made her uncomfortable in any way and if she would like it to stop. She said yes to both those questions, so I promised to pray for her. I prayed every day that God would drive the spirit away and a week or two later, when I met the other student again, I asked her whether she had seen any ghosts recently. She said she hadn't seen the spirit since I started praying for her. A few weeks later, another guy at the school said he had seen her, but he thought it was cool and didn't want it to stop.

The TOG​

By ghosts I am going to assume you are talking about disembodied spirits of real human people who once lived on this earth.

I don't believe in them at all.

In spite of what I said above, I voted "They don't exist", because I don't believe the spirits of the dead roam the earth and appear to the living. I believe what the students saw was an evil spirit masquerading as the spirit of a dead person.

The TOG​

In spite of what I said above, I voted "They don't exist", because I don't believe the spirits of the dead roam the earth and appear to the living. I believe what the students saw was an evil spirit masquerading as the spirit of a dead person.

The TOG​

I believe this too.

The devil lures people into the belief that while there is an afterlife, there are souls that become lost and are somehow trapped in this dimension. They come to us in the forms of loved ones that have passed on or ghosts from the past that have some sort of unresolved issues. It gives today's soothsayers and necromancers plausibility. "Maybe there really are Ghost Whisperers".

This is just one of the many fine crafted deceptions the devil has in his arsenal. All he has to do is get your attention and 9/10s of the battle is won.

The TOG​

Hm, I believe people tell these kinds of stories to get attention. I'm really sceptical there was anything supernatural involved at all.

When a person dies the soul goes either to heaven or hades immediately.Demons have the capability to come as ghosts.

I've never seen one, but I have exorcized one... kinda... I attended a horticultural college from 1984-1986. Just a year or two after the school was founded (1940), one of the students fell in love with a lady who worked in the cafeteria. When she rejected him, he killed her. Ever since then, there have been occasional reports of people seeing her ghost. While I was there, one of the students mentioned that she had woken up a few nights in a row and seen a young blond woman siting in her chair. She never said anything, but just sat silently. I asked her (the student) whether this made her afraid and she said it didn't. Then I asked whether it made her uncomfortable in any way and if she would like it to stop. She said yes to both those questions, so I promised to pray for her. I prayed every day that God would drive the spirit away and a week or two later, when I met the other student again, I asked her whether she had seen any ghosts recently. She said she hadn't seen the spirit since I started praying for her. A few weeks later, another guy at the school said he had seen her, but he thought it was cool and didn't want it to stop.

The TOG​
That's scarrrrry

The TOG​
Yeah, that's what I think.

Something is very certain. Once you are a child of GOD you will always know it when a strange spirit/supernatural being is present.

Back