Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Have you ever seen a ghost before?

Vave you ever seen a ghost before?

• yes

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • no

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • they don't exist

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • I wish to see one

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • uncertain

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
There was definitely a ghost of some sort in an older house we lived in when I was young. Never actually saw anything but he/she was there and doing a variety of things with lights, phones, doors etc etc.

That maybe true too. That was my first thought, that it wasn't Samuel at all, which I would prefer to believe. But from the scripture I cannot seem to get there.
If we believe it was not Samuel then we knowledge the power of prophecy to demonic beings.
Did God say, He sent Samuel or is it a man saying that God sent Samuel?

Yes interesting.

I once heard a story about a priest who lived in the 11th century. He woke up one night and saw someone standing beside his bed. When he saw that it was the Devil, he said "Oh... It's only you..." and went back to sleep.

The TOG​

Like in the circus ?
Yeah for example. Any kind of stage or being on camera situation may involve wearing make-up. In some contexts women (and even men) are expected to wear make-up, e.g. flight attendants or hostesses on exhibitions or trade fairs. Going to the opera or a stage theater play can in some cultures involve putting on make up and wearing fine clothes.

I once heard a story about a priest who lived in the 11th century. He woke up one night and saw someone standing beside his bed. When he saw that it was the Devil, he said "Oh... It's only you..." and went back to sleep.

The TOG​
That is very interesting.

That is very interesting.

There are a lot of stories about that same priest, not all of which are exactly believable. For example, one time he had to travel overseas, but couldn't wait for the next ship. He made a deal with the Devil and promised to sell him his soul if he could get him to his destination without getting him wet. The Devil turned himself into a seal, the man climbed on his back and they set off across the ocean. All the way the priest was reading the Psalter. Soon they were almost to their destination and the priest was still dry. He hit the seal / Devil on the head with the Psalter, they both sank and the priest swam to shore.

The TOG​

A friend of my mom's has an interest in ghosts...one night she went to the cemetery to see if she could find any. She had some kind of equipment that could pick up noises from the spiritual realm and she found a ghost. From what I'm told it actually called her a traitor and tried to hit her. She doesn't want to go back there now.
I haven't met her myself, but I'm told that she is a believer.

I don't know much about what's going on and what's authentic or not (I mean, really, most of what's out there is probably made up), but stories about people seeing ghosts fascinate me.

Definition of Ghost

an apparition of a dead person that is believed to appear or become manifest to the living, typically as a nebulous image.

So do you wish to see one?
I don't know.
I don't believe that ghosts in the sense of dead people stuck here on earth exist; I believe they're demons as others have suggested. And I'm not sure I'd want a peek into the spiritual realm unless God wanted me to. Seems there's some pretty scary stuff there.

I've always kinda wanted to see an angel.

So the same person who says she found ghosts (okay, spirits) at the cemetery says she found one in a room upstairs. In my house.

So the same person who says she found ghosts (okay, spirits) at the cemetery says she found one in a room upstairs. In my house.

Well...frankly I think that most people who go around playing 'ghost hunter', have been watching too much reality TV. :shrug

If one really believes in demons why would they go to a cemetery at night to look for them? :neutral
Is that what we are called to do as Christians? :nonono

I wouldn't myself, as much as I find it fascinating. But this person is doing it, anyway. She is a believer.

I would like to share an instance where I had to struggle with a demon.
Lots of things happened to me like this when I was younger- though these happenings didn't stop until I was 27 when the Lord finally delivered me.

Anyway, I woke up in spirit one morning and the invisible demon was pinning me down on the bathroom floor. It pushed into my rib cage and it hurt REALLY bad. I started singing Holy Holy Holy, but as I did the Spirit pressed even harder. It was so painful but in my heart i knew that i should keep singing, so, after a moment or two of singing the spirit picked me up, threw me out of the bathroom, and slammed me across the kitchen and against the sink. Then I woke up.

One day, while these things were happening, my Mom asked me if I saw anything last night. I told her that I saw a small white ghost that flew in my room, bit my foot, and then left. She said she saw the same thing, put her arm in front of her, and prayed to God and it left.

Imagine these sort of things going on for years. I still don't know why it started.

Interesting Angel. When I was younger I had many instances of being pinned while "asleep" and would end up struggling violently to wake up. Bad dreams they said but I believe it was something else. I haven't had these experiences for many years but had one a few nights ago. I'm glad I'm not scared of the dark now :biggrin

There is a thing called sleep paralysis that can be accompanied by hallucinations. It's basically when you're conscious, but your body still thinks you're asleep. When you're asleep at some stage your brain sends out a chemical that paralyzes you and keeps you from moving around in your sleep. So during sleep paralysis this is still in affect. Because of the hallucinations, in the past it was sometimes thought to be something demonic.

I've experienced sleep paralysis a couple of times. No hallucinations, though.

Back