Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Have you ever seen a ghost before?

Vave you ever seen a ghost before?

• yes

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • no

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • they don't exist

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • I wish to see one

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • uncertain

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
There is a thing called sleep paralysis that can be accompanied by hallucinations. It's basically when you're conscious, but your body still thinks you're asleep. When you're asleep at some stage your brain sends out a chemical that paralyzes you and keeps you from moving around in your sleep. So during sleep paralysis this is still in affect. Because of the hallucinations, in the past it was sometimes thought to be something demonic.

I've experienced sleep paralysis a couple of times. No hallucinations, though.

I'd never heard of that before. Maybe that is what happened with me one time years ago. Could be I suppose. Like seeing something that shouldn't be there, can't move or speak, and very awake. I did think though, Jesus help! and the faces were gone. But I suppose that could have been a part of an hallucination?

What are familiar spirits?

Question: "What are familiar spirits?"

Answer:
The word familiar is from the Latin familiaris, meaning a "household servant," and is intended to express the idea that sorcerers had spirits as their servants ready to obey their commands. Those attempting to contact the dead, even to this day, usually have some sort of spirit guide who communicates with them. These are familiar spirits.

Leviticus 19:31; 20:6, 27; and Deuteronomy 18:9-14 refer to “mediums and familiar spirits” and forbids being involved with them, as they are an abomination to the Lord. A medium is one who acts as a liaison to supposedly contact or communicate with the dead on behalf of the living. In reality mediums are contacting demons who convince the mediums that they are “familiar” and can be trusted and believed. The practices associated with mediums and familiar spirits were banned in Israel, and the punishment for practicing such things was death.

Familiar spirits and spirit guides are under the control of their master, Satan. They influence people to spread lies and deceit in order to thwart the kingdom of God. To knowingly open oneself to the work of demons is an evil thing: "Let no one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter in [a] fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. Anyone who does these things is detestable to the LORD" (Deuteronomy 18:10-12a).

Some avenues through which demons or "familiar spirits" can gain entrance into a person's life are divination, transcendental meditation, visualization, necromancy, witchcraft, drugs, and alcohol. These are all activities that believers are exhorted to avoid. Instead, we are to be filled with the Holy Spirit, with love, with joy, and with the fullness of life that comes from Jesus Christ. We are also to be on guard, "for our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms" (Ephesians 6:12).

Don't go there these are evil spirits in disguise, if your going to cast one out of someone that's a different story but "Don't" monkey around with Satan and his host's.. :nono

http://www.gotquestions.org/familiar-spirits.html

tob

Back