Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Healing and visions?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Well, I've seen God heal. But, I've never even met a Shaman or a medicine man.

Sorry, I had no idea you were offering a blessing. I thought you were giving me the definition.

My whole point with this was that we all have repeatedly seen a curt dismissal of someone on a forum by the poster saying, "God bless you", or, "I'll pray for you" when that was, truthfully, the furthest thing from their mind.
You may be correct about that. But I can sincerely wish for someone to be blessed even if they don't agree with me or they are even down right rude. That's because I know that if God blesses them that it is good for all of us. It is good for the Body of Christ.

This thread is a joke. But then again so many end up being that in this forum.

It's sad that few want to help the OP. Maybe Blain can get some support somewhere else.

Since its taken that sort of turn, then by what power do shamen and/or medicine men heal by? And when "they" do, if you have seen or believe, they do NOT give glory to who we know as God.

Shaman heal? News to me. There is no medicine in the world that heals anything. There is no life in medicine. Please reword the question to make it more clear.

No, that wasn't what I asked. I asked what HE was wishing for me when he said that.

You've been on forums long enough to understand what I'm questioning.

What does blessing mean to you? What faith is the blessing given?
Not all voices have significance in this world.

There is one blessing in this world the blessing of the seed of Abraham. God having made a promise to Abraham as a covenant saying in thy seed I will bless for a everlasting covenant.

Jesus saying to the religious leaders , ought not this women being the seed of Abraham be healed? Jesus came to enforce that covenant with power.

When I say be blessed to someone, there are a whole lot of things that back that. Be healed, be strong, God will bless all you set your hands to do. Be wealthy, take the peace bought for us.

Forget not all the Lord's benefits. That scripture is there because some do forget.

At times our faith in the blessing needs works or its dead. James saying to not just say be filled, food come to you. Feed them!

I am blessed according to what I receive and who gave it.

A prophecy given that God will heal everyone here, some foolish, saying will see if that happens in my body, while others thanking God for the word and get stronger each day. Some view afar, having no part, saying what a false prophet as all did not receive.

A young girl giving her life to the Lord asking the man of God if God can heal her stomach. Being in a church full of folks that did not believe in that healing also herd that question, putting the man of God on the spot.

The man knowing to do right said aloud, of course God will heal you right now, my I put my hand on your stomach?

The man said, devil take your hands off of God's property right now, stomach be whole, be healed.
The girl then asked, can I go eat tonight with my family and friends? She could only hold down liquid on a special diet. The man said go, eat what you want.

She did.

I got a visit from her parents a week later saying thank you and their daughter was suppose to have surgery that next day after, but their scans found scare tissue when her stomach had ulcerative apart. They were planning to remove part of her stomach. I knew none of that. The doctors where stumped on how it was patched up perfectly without having to remove some. They cancelled the surgery.

Some receive the blessing, some don't, some don't understand what it means to say be blessed, the rest do in part. There is so much more to know.

This thread is a joke. But then again so many end up being that in this forum.

It's sad that few want to help the OP. Maybe Blain can get some support somewhere else.

There is lots of life giving information here. Open your eye. However, instead of judging why don't You do something about it? You have a right to share like the rest of us. Send Brian a p. m, complaining does nothing.

Instead of getting upset about neighborhood crime and judge the police for doing a bad job, organize your own watch program with the standards you want.

What support can be given here i wonder. We know God. All things have to be taken into account.

We read the word and see that God had sent sickness to egypt. Even a minor end times study reveals he will do it en-masse again.

We can read where Paul gives us instruction on what do do about sickness. Call the elders and grab that oil.

We can read what happened when Jesus went back to his home town right? So many in disbelief that hardly any miracles got done. As much as it displays a helpful heart to want to clear something like a cancer ward, is it really Gods will?

There is only one part ive read in the bible where we are actually PROMISED when there will be no sickness.

Is there something practical? Well there might well be. Like you already identified, this guy probably has some gift. Now if it were me that had some gift to be able to identify problems in people, id probably try and search out someone to compliment that gift. I mean seriously, gifted healer and gifted knower of ailments? What better tag-team for healing type ministtry could there be? We all have gifts and need to work with other members of the body to make things come together. This is usually special assignment type stuff.

Maybe there is the mind set that everything is supposed to be all rolled into one person. These are the apostle types, extremely rare. Ive never even heard of anyone meeting one of these types. How do we know they existed? Peter lived, Paul lived. Have there been any since? Who knows?

What support can be given here i wonder. We know God. All things have to be taken into account.

We read the word and see that God had sent sickness to egypt. Even a minor end times study reveals he will do it en-masse again.

We can read where Paul gives us instruction on what do do about sickness. Call the elders and grab that oil.

We can read what happened when Jesus went back to his home town right? So many in disbelief that hardly any miracles got done. As much as it displays a helpful heart to want to clear something like a cancer ward, is it really Gods will?

There is only one part ive read in the bible where we are actually PROMISED when there will be no sickness.

Is there something practical? Well there might well be. Like you already identified, this guy probably has some gift. Now if it were me that had some gift to be able to identify problems in people, id probably try and search out someone to compliment that gift. I mean seriously, gifted healer and gifted knower of ailments? What better tag-team for healing type ministtry could there be? We all have gifts and need to work with other members of the body to make things come together. This is usually special assignment type stuff.

Maybe there is the mind set that everything is supposed to be all rolled into one person. These are the apostle types, extremely rare. Ive never even heard of anyone meeting one of these types. How do we know they existed? Peter lived, Paul lived. Have there been any since? Who knows?

Apostle just means sent one. There where many. Only the 12 given to writing the word as Jesus said we believe on their word.

The tense verbs from Hebrew to English did not always get translated well. Hebrew not having a passive tense. God did not send sickness to anyone. He does not afflict the children of men, ever.

What he does do is pass judgement, and turn his back. Satan gets place through God's judgement.

This is why in one account it says God caused David to number the troops, making God upset. The other account says Satan made David number them. Both statements are true. David was going to number them despite what God wanted, and so through judgement, Satan gets through.

The gift of healing is not just for apostles. Even Stephen was used in healing, but his job was to wait tables. The gift operates as the spirit wills, not as man wills. We still have a right to believe in healing with no failure. The gift is for ministering healing to others in ministry.

Why do some get healing, while others wait upon theirs but it never comes. They have the same faith, the same belief and stand on the same scriptures. Why do some put down others saying they do not have enough faith or patience or even the possibility of harboring unforgiveness. Can we judge why one is sick while another is healed, no. Is there a possibility that God is trying to bring about something in another's life by how we deal with our own sickness. So many questions and so many unanswered questions. All we can do is trust that God has his own reasons and purpose for everything under heaven that we may never understand. That is not a cop out or a lack of faith on our part or even that of harboring any unforgiveness when we know in our heart we have forgiven others and our faith is very strong as Christ is our faith as we believe in all that he is.

We can go round and around questioning why, why, why and have various answers thrown at us by others, but are they God! Do they know what the things of God are in our own personal life, no. My faith is very strong. My knowledge in the word of God is very strong through the Holy Spirit. I have no unforgiveness towards anyone so I ask the question why, where is my healing and what I get in return is this is flesh and flesh and blood can not inherit the kingdom of God. The flesh will get sick and sometimes will heal and sometimes will only worsen. All in all it doesn't matter what happens to this flesh as what is more important is where we are in spirit. Am I coping out of ever being healed, no, but if I do or if I do not I will always praise the name of Jesus.

Shaman heal? News to me. There is no medicine in the world that heals anything. There is no life in medicine. Please reword the question to make it more clear.

Shaman/medicine men is just the title given to the priests for tribes or villages in stone age type cultures. They were once plentiful in the lands in which we both live not so long ago. The real ones arent the image of herb healers you see on tv, instead they make deals with the spirit world somehow and is the closest thing we as european decendants know as witches. They are best known for inducing changes in weather, health, and to levy curses.

People are free to believe what they want about them, just like anything else. My point was that since someone said healing only comes from God then whats the excuse when they do it? Someone can say balderdash all they want but when encompassed with people that have seen and do believe in the power they wield then what? You end up looking like a belligerent idiot that just screwed up not only their own ministry, but those who had come before as well trying to lay ground work. Arrogance at work.

I think this is a very edifying thread. As for the bah humbug bit..."this thread is a joke" :eek

gr8grace3
As for the post about 1Peter 4:19 it appears to me in context that it is talking about 'suffering' for the 'Good News'.

1Pe 4:13 but, according as ye have fellowship with the sufferings of the Christ, rejoice ye, that also in the revelation of his glory ye may rejoice--exulting;
1Pe 4:14 if ye be reproached in the name of Christ--happy are ye , because the Spirit of glory and of God upon you doth rest; in regard, indeed, to them, he is evil-spoken of, and in regard to you, he is glorified;
1Pe 4:17 because it is the time of the beginning of the judgment from the house of God, and if first from us, what the end of those disobedient to the good news of God?
1Pe 4:19 so that also those suffering according to the will of god, as to a stedfast Creator, let them commit their own souls in good doing.

If we suffer, being reproached in the name of Christ, we rejoice because we share in the suffering of Christ, who suffered for the Good News. As did Paul and Peter and many others down through the ages.
Did the Christ suffer because of sickness or sin in His life? Absolutely not.

Why do some get healing, while others wait upon theirs but it never comes. They have the same faith, the same belief and stand on the same scriptures. Why do some put down others saying they do not have enough faith or patience or even the possibility of harboring unforgiveness. Can we judge why one is sick while another is healed, no. Is there a possibility that God is trying to bring about something in another's life by how we deal with our own sickness. So many questions and so many unanswered questions. All we can do is trust that God has his own reasons and purpose for everything under heaven that we may never understand. That is not a cop out or a lack of faith on our part or even that of harboring any unforgiveness when we know in our heart we have forgiven others and our faith is very strong as Christ is our faith as we believe in all that he is.

We can go round and around questioning why, why, why and have various answers thrown at us by others, but are they God! Do they know what the things of God are in our own personal life, no. My faith is very strong. My knowledge in the word of God is very strong through the Holy Spirit. I have no unforgiveness towards anyone so I ask the question why, where is my healing and what I get in return is this is flesh and flesh and blood can not inherit the kingdom of God. The flesh will get sick and sometimes will heal and sometimes will only worsen. All in all it doesn't matter what happens to this flesh as what is more important is where we are in spirit. Am I coping out of ever being healed, no, but if I do or if I do not I will always praise the name of Jesus.

It can't be they have the same faith, revelation, or level of obedience. It can't be that. Why do some wait, but it never comes, why some right away. This is a easy to answer question.

I gave you some answers already, but if someone does not receive, then bingo, that is why they stay in their condition.

Lets go through some things that stop getting healed.

1) Love walk. Number one reason. Love works faith (Gal 5:6) any strife in our life can stop the power of God.
2) Obedience. Do we do what God says do? Do we respond when something is on our heart?
3) sin, and things allowed in. Has the Lord been dealing with us on sin in our life and we ignoring him.

Those are 3 things that even the strongest faith won't over ride. The last and least important is faith for healing. Mind you it takes faith to stay obedient, walk in love when our flesh says kill them, and it takes faith to walk away from sin. Grace and faith still apply to the above 3.

Faith to be healed though? If it's not the 3 above, then it's this here.

It's pride to say, I had faith, I obeyed God and I did not get healed. That is of the devil, it's prideful, it's an attitude that you believe you have come to perfect knowledge about everything, and did everything perfect. It also implies that your not healed because God decided not to heal you.
Pure garbage.
Any time we get in mind it's God's fault, His choice, we are done. Devil scores, we loose.

He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.
(Psa 107:20)

Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
(Psa 103:3)

And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
(Jas 5:15)

according to the Word, forgiveness and healing are together. If you get one, then the other is also there. If you are only forgiven and do not get healing then it's you missing something, it's not God.

Disciples: (Be Like them)

The disciples went out to cast out devils, they had been given the authority to do so, and had good success, until they came to this one case. A boy possessed was acting out and throwing himself into the fire and doing things in a unsafe and scary way. The father brought out the boy to the disciples and they could not cast the devil out of him.

The best prayer warriors and men of God on the planet at the time could not do a thing to help. God's best, could not succeed.

This is why it's so prideful to say all had the same faith, but some get healed and some don't. According to scripture, what faith worked for most situations, needs to be stronger for other situations. It's has nothing to do with what God wants, God wants the devil out. Men fell short, not God.

The father comes to Jesus and ask if "HE" can do anything. He doubted Jesus could help because the Lord's own trainee's could do nothing. They did not represent him very well here.

And wheresoever he taketh him, he teareth him: and he foameth, and gnasheth with his teeth, and pineth away: and I spake to thy disciples that they should cast him out; and they could not. He answereth him, and saith, O faithless generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him unto me.
(Mar 9:18-19)

Jesus is not happy with two groups here. The father, and his disciples. The disciples had great success up to this point, but get a bigger and badder devil involved and things went a bit different.

God's will had nothing to do with it here. It was the lack of faith. Jesus said faithless generation............... How long shall I put up with this?

The Father did not believe, but more wrapped up in the symptoms being very descriptive of what was bothering his son. The disciples tried and failed, the best of the best with the authority given by Jesus himself to cast the devil out.

And ofttimes it hath cast him into the fire, and into the waters, to destroy him: but if thou canst do any thing, have compassion on us, and help us. Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.
(Mar 9:22-23)

What did Jesus say? Now, Now, I am the Lord, and nothing is to hard for me. Move back everyone, and don't try this at home.

Some thought He should have said that..........

What did Jesus say? Well, now, now. Some get healed, some don't. You just never know because nobody understands it. My disciples had my ability and failed, so it must be a mystery of my Father.

Some thought Jesus should have said that.......

What did Jesus say? If you can believe, YOU, YOU, YOU, then all things are possible to them that will believe.

who has to believe?

Disciples are smart!!!

Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out? And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
(Mat 17:19-20)

They disciples did not say we had faith and it should have worked, they wanted to find out why it was not working because they were not confused on the will of God.

The father, instead of just giving up with some religious nonsense about spiritual things are more important than flesh, and bla, bla, bla, asked for help with His unbelief. He went to God and was honest, that He needed help believing.

Your statements about your own healing are full of unbelief. Some I pointed out already. So instead of saying how can some all have the same faith and not get healed, you ougt to be saying, Help me see it better, and understand faith better.

If your content with far below what God would like to do, and help you grow and see stronger principles of believing to help others, then go ahead and continue believing as you do. Not advised.

Shaman/medicine men is just the title given to the priests for tribes or villages in stone age type cultures. They were once plentiful in the lands in which we both live not so long ago. The real ones arent the image of herb healers you see on tv, instead they make deals with the spirit world somehow and is the closest thing we as european decendants know as witches. They are best known for inducing changes in weather, health, and to levy curses.

People are free to believe what they want about them, just like anything else. My point was that since someone said healing only comes from God then whats the excuse when they do it? Someone can say balderdash all they want but when encompassed with people that have seen and do believe in the power they wield then what? You end up looking like a belligerent idiot that just screwed up not only their own ministry, but those who had come before as well trying to lay ground work. Arrogance at work.

Some of the herbs and things used were proven to help the body heal itself. God designed the body to heal. What were people healed of? There was not exactly a real medical diagnoses back then or any records. Where people really healed? It's even hard to prove today when God heals someone as it gets passed off as a medical miracle or some other thing.

There are no such things as curses, that would imply the devil has a right to someone if they gave him no place. So that is not true.

If Shamans did heal, and there was a "REAL" factual account of it which there is not, then what power did they use. Even in Peters time they took him and asked by what authority He used to heal the man at the gate.

It just seems really sketchy to think witches, shamans and any other thing not connected to the Lord had healed anything. No evidence, all heresy and superstition.

I have looked into this for a long time, even zombies are made from the extract of the puffer fish which can produce a long coma and death state. There is just no evidence that is scientific and done in a reasonable controlled environment.

I think I know what you are talking about. I am aware of the beliefs of the Navaho and Zuni religious culture. One of my closest friend's s-in-law's step mother is Zuni. Because of this my friend and her husband were allowed to attend ceremonies that are not open to all who wish to observe. Those tribual people do not believe in the Shaman for no reason. It is real. A person being released from illness or a curse firmly believes that the Shaman (English word) has power over evil. In truth he has no power but people are released sometimes. This keeps them firmly rooted in a false religion. Would satan do this to keep them rooted in a false religion? I believe he does. Does that mean he heals or removes something to be somehow kind or merciful? No, he keeps people in bondage.

So what did Jesus mean when He was talking about a house divided? I believe He meant that satan would not heal someone who's healing would glorify God. When Jesus or anyone gives the glory to God for a healing, no satan did not heal them or remove something if it will glorify to God.

I am probably one of the most curious people ever but when I was offered the opportunity to go to one of these meetings on the Zuni res, absolutely not. I didn't want to be anywhere around that stuff.

Brother Mike, I do appreciate your post and I pray it helps others, but has nothing to do with me and my walk with the Lord.

1) Love walk. Number one reason. Love works faith (Gal 5:6) any strife in our life can stop the power of God.
2) Obedience. Do we do what God says do? Do we respond when something is on our heart?
3) sin, and things allowed in. Has the Lord been dealing with us on sin in our life and we ignoring him.

I have no misgiving with any three of these as I do walk in unconditional love, walk in obedience, God has never revealed to me as I have asked Him to if there is any sin that is shutting down my healing so I'm good in all those three. I am not a prideful person, but humble myself before the Lord daily.

I do not have perfect knowledge of everything of Gods word as we are ever learning, but my knowledge grows everyday by that of the Holy Spirit teaching me what God wants me to know. I am not a perfect person, but am perfected daily. It's only through the Holy Spirit that can convict me of any sin that is not reconciled before the Father. I never said it was Gods fault that I have not received this certain healing. I only said that I could only come to the conclusion God has a purpose and a timing that has yet to be revealed to me or maybe never will be revealed. I don't know.

I have gone through all the healing verses in the Bible and have claimed my healing by His word as I do have faith to believe, even in that of the impossible. Even though God has healed others by using me as His vessel to work through, yet I wait patiently on mine and will continue to believe and wait even unto the end of my days here on Earth.

I have asked God many times to reveal to me if I am missing something that is causing me not to be healed, but have never received an answer and yes I have been still long enough to hear His voice. I do not claim my arthritis, as even though I have it, it doesn't have me nor does it define who I am in the Lord as I remain in Gods will and walk according to His statures.

I have gone through all the healing verses in the Bible and have claimed my healing by His word as I do have faith to believe, even in that of the impossible. Even though God has healed others by using me as His vessel to work through, yet I wait patiently on mine and will continue to believe and wait even unto the end of my days here on Earth.

I have asked God many times to reveal to me if I am missing something that is causing me not to be healed, but have never received an answer and yes I have been still long enough to hear His voice. I do not claim my arthritis, as even though I have it, it doesn't have me nor does it define who I am in the Lord as I remain in Gods will and walk according to His statures.

Your answer is here, God will help.

First, lets get this right, your healing or faith to be healed has nothing to do with being a strong believer. Nothing to do with your relationship with the Lord, and nothing to do what I think about your faith.

None of us can be strong in all areas of the things of the Lord, it's not designed that way and why we need each other and a body part, in the body of Christ.

So, God has a timing and a purpose................. Ummmm............... God will reveal...... ummmm

That is the part I am trying to come into here. God and I are here.

Pay attention!!!
When things don't work like they use to, then guess what? It's time to grow up more!!!

As babies, we get bottles, and fed. As folks that are mature and God has used us in things, then God just don't bring the bottle by anymore. So when something is not working, then it's not us waiting on God, its God showing us the next level.

It's the Not working part that should get us to seek what is going on.

Whom much is given, much is required.

But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.
(Luk 12:48)

You fall into the much required category now, and God is faithful. We control through the Word given our spiritual environment. The realm of the spirit is very sensitive.

Things don't come as easy as they once did, but then again a child is not given full authority and power.

Read your statement here.

I never said it was Gods fault that I have not received this certain healing. I only said that I could only come to the conclusion God has a purpose and a timing that has yet to be revealed to me or maybe never will be revealed. I don't know.

I have not received this certain healing.

The Lord would have a few questions here.

Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
(1Pe 2:24)

When where they healed?

According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
(2Pe 1:3)

When where all things given?

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
(Eph 1:3)

When where we blessed with ALL spiritual blessings?

Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
(Mar 11:24)

Believer that you received.
I have not received
Believe that you received.
I have not received.

What happens if we go crosswise with what Jesus said here?

If you just bought a house, you would not tell me you have not received a house, it would not even cross your mind.

when you got born again, you did not get a certificate, or physical evidence, yet you would never say I am not saved.

http://www.flcbranson.org/listseries.php?xml=rss/FightingTheGoodFaithFight.xml

Get this turned around in your thinking, go from waiting, to it's yours.

I think I know what you are talking about. I am aware of the beliefs of the Navaho and Zuni religious culture. One of my closest friend's s-in-law's step mother is Zuni. Because of this my friend and her husband were allowed to attend ceremonies that are not open to all who wish to observe. Those tribual people do not believe in the Shaman for no reason. It is real. A person being released from illness or a curse firmly believes that the Shaman (English word) has power over evil. In truth he has no power but people are released sometimes. This keeps them firmly rooted in a false religion. Would satan do this to keep them rooted in a false religion? I believe he does. Does that mean he heals or removes something to be somehow kind or merciful? No, he keeps people in bondage.

So what did Jesus mean when He was talking about a house divided? I believe He meant that satan would not heal someone who's healing would glorify God. When Jesus or anyone gives the glory to God for a healing, no satan did not heal them or remove something if it will glorify to God.

I am probably one of the most curious people ever but when I was offered the opportunity to go to one of these meetings on the Zuni res, absolutely not. I didn't want to be anywhere around that stuff.

This is exactly the stuff im talking about. And yes indeed its true the powers arent there to help. That doesnt mean the individual knows. You can bet your bottom dollar these guys believe they are helping their people. They dont mean or wish to harm(most times). Some have to figure out the source is dark, things take their toll.

A lot of my family married into native families, thats the only way i have any clue about any of this at all.

Once you get to see, you know exactly what things like sorcery and divination are and most of the modern ideas of what these are fly right out the window.

Apostle just means sent one. There where many. Only the 12 given to writing the word as Jesus said we believe on their word.

The tense verbs from Hebrew to English did not always get translated well. Hebrew not having a passive tense. God did not send sickness to anyone. He does not afflict the children of men, ever.

What he does do is pass judgement, and turn his back. Satan gets place through God's judgement.

This is why in one account it says God caused David to number the troops, making God upset. The other account says Satan made David number them. Both statements are true. David was going to number them despite what God wanted, and so through judgement, Satan gets through.

The gift of healing is not just for apostles. Even Stephen was used in healing, but his job was to wait tables. The gift operates as the spirit wills, not as man wills. We still have a right to believe in healing with no failure. The gift is for ministering healing to others in ministry.

I would never teach that only the apostles had the gift of healing, or any other. Apologies if that was unclear. I simply meant that, in the greater theme of the entire topic, that the apostles were the only ones i know or have heard of anyone ever knowing that operated in most all gifts. That someone with a gift might look for, after seeking after God of course, someone that could compliment what gift they had to form a very effective ministry. See im assuming all the prayer work has been done already and that someone is just left kinda hanging there and was being directed at some advice on the matter.

As far as the places that people give to satan to rest. Im not talking about believers here, im talking about pagans. Those who have given him places we probably dont even know about. I understand your rejection, i really do. Is it wise though to stand up and shout "there is no such things as curses" or "there is no healing that isnt from God" like that when others have seen and felt the effects? It makes everything said before or after ineffectual. People have questions. Jesus answered questions. I better be ready to as well instead of just saying "no there isnt any evidence of that". The power of the gospel is understood, but first someone wants to know me and i sure would like to get to know them.

For the idea on sickness and whatnot, we are just going to have to disagree. I do understand what happened in your life, especially with your son. Its fantastic, nothing short of awesome. I just dont believe that what happened in that situation means that God is going to work the exact same way in everyone else's life.

Off for the day. Blessings Brother, may the Lord always go before you.

For the idea on sickness and whatnot, we are just going to have to disagree. I do understand what happened in your life, especially with your son. Its fantastic, nothing short of awesome. I just dont believe that what happened in that situation means that God is going to work the exact same way in everyone else's life.

Off for the day. Blessings Brother, may the Lord always go before you.

We read the OT, the Pharaoh's sorcerers did produce some pretty impressive things with their powers from Hell. I use to be in the occult, and a Satan worshiper. Not saying there is nothing to it, but parlor tricks.

I have seen the devils move things around, bang things, float things, and mumble junk. It's no wonder, they are spirits, and can speak and think.

For healing though, there would have to be life in them and the life giving anointing of God. Angels did stir up the pool in and folks jumped in to get healed.

There is no evidence of curses like in Hollywood. Faith in something the devil is doing "Fear which is faith in something for the future to go bad" will by a persons permission give the devil a place to bring something to pass, and it will look, smell and walk like a curse.

As for my son?

I never wavered, never doubted, never prayed to God for healing, but did tell the devil to take his hands off. Never was concerned about the doctors reports, but had a more sure report.

I find it hard to believe that I am special, my son is special over anyone else that has a sick child, or needs help from God. This was several years ago, and I find it hard to believe that I did everything, and believed everything perfect. I hope I have grown some by now.

It's not a testimony someone can grab and get hope of, then why bother telling it. "God's good to me, but to you... well, you just never know what God is going to do."

At that time Herod the tetrarch heard of the fame of Jesus,
(Mat 14:1)

Jesus was famous, and his healing ability and willing to help went out everywhere. People thronged him to get help. If it was just for a few, then He would have said so.

Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.
(2Co 1:4)

It's not a whole lot of comfort to someone sharing your comfort, but then saying that in your case, God just may not want to help out in such a good way.

God is no respecter of persons, and He changes not, for that we all should be comforted and encouraged by others who have gotten help from him.

We read the OT, the Pharaoh's sorcerers did produce some pretty impressive things with their powers from Hell. I use to be in the occult, and a Satan worshiper. Not saying there is nothing to it, but parlor tricks.

I have seen the devils move things around, bang things, float things, and mumble junk. It's no wonder, they are spirits, and can speak and think.

For healing though, there would have to be life in them and the life giving anointing of God. Angels did stir up the pool in and folks jumped in to get healed.

There is no evidence of curses like in Hollywood. Faith in something the devil is doing "Fear which is faith in something for the future to go bad" will by a persons permission give the devil a place to bring something to pass, and it will look, smell and walk like a curse.

As for my son?

I never wavered, never doubted, never prayed to God for healing, but did tell the devil to take his hands off. Never was concerned about the doctors reports, but had a more sure report.

I find it hard to believe that I am special, my son is special over anyone else that has a sick child, or needs help from God. This was several years ago, and I find it hard to believe that I did everything, and believed everything perfect. I hope I have grown some by now.

It's not a testimony someone can grab and get hope of, then why bother telling it. "God's good to me, but to you... well, you just never know what God is going to do."

At that time Herod the tetrarch heard of the fame of Jesus,
(Mat 14:1)

Jesus was famous, and his healing ability and willing to help went out everywhere. People thronged him to get help. If it was just for a few, then He would have said so.

Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.
(2Co 1:4)

It's not a whole lot of comfort to someone sharing your comfort, but then saying that in your case, God just may not want to help out in such a good way.

God is no respecter of persons, and He changes not, for that we all should be comforted and encouraged by others who have gotten help from him.

That line before last? Who would say that? Kinda like who would say the apostles are the only ones that could heal? Are you mixing up posts? Are you saying thats what im saying cause im going back over what ive written and none of that seems to be there. This is starting to get a little confusing.

Your answer is here, God will help.

First, lets get this right, your healing or faith to be healed has nothing to do with being a strong believer. Nothing to do with your relationship with the Lord, and nothing to do what I think about your faith.

None of us can be strong in all areas of the things of the Lord, it's not designed that way and why we need each other and a body part, in the body of Christ.

So, God has a timing and a purpose................. Ummmm............... God will reveal...... ummmm

That is the part I am trying to come into here. God and I are here.

Pay attention!!!
When things don't work like they use to, then guess what? It's time to grow up more!!!

As babies, we get bottles, and fed. As folks that are mature and God has used us in things, then God just don't bring the bottle by anymore. So when something is not working, then it's not us waiting on God, its God showing us the next level.

It's the Not working part that should get us to seek what is going on.

Whom much is given, much is required.

But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.
(Luk 12:48)

You fall into the much required category now, and God is faithful. We control through the Word given our spiritual environment. The realm of the spirit is very sensitive.

Things don't come as easy as they once did, but then again a child is not given full authority and power.

Read your statement here.

The Lord would have a few questions here.

Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
(1Pe 2:24)

When where they healed?

According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
(2Pe 1:3)

When where all things given?

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
(Eph 1:3)

When where we blessed with ALL spiritual blessings?

Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
(Mar 11:24)

Believer that you received.
I have not received
Believe that you received.
I have not received.

What happens if we go crosswise with what Jesus said here?

If you just bought a house, you would not tell me you have not received a house, it would not even cross your mind.

when you got born again, you did not get a certificate, or physical evidence, yet you would never say I am not saved.

http://www.flcbranson.org/listseries.php?xml=rss/FightingTheGoodFaithFight.xml

Get this turned around in your thinking, go from waiting, to it's yours.

I do appreciate that help you are trying to give me, but again you speak to me like I have very little knowledge in the word of God and you have no clue of who I am in the Lord and my relationship with Him so please do not make assumptions.

I have taken these questions from the website below and have given an answer for each one. Feelings can be deceiving if we walk by what we see, but not by that of the very word of God.
http://www.2jesus.org/healproblem.html

1. What do you want most? Healing or Jesus?
answer: Jesus Psalms 37:4; Matt 6:33

2. God does not hear me, or it may not be God's will to heal me.
answer: I know God hears me Isaiah 30:19; 65:24; Job 22:27; 1John 5:14,15

3. Is healing according to Gods will?
answer: yes James 5:14-16; Matt 9:28-30, Matt 9: 6-7; Matt 4:23-24; Jeremiah 30:17; Exodus 23:25; 1 Peter 2:24; Isaiah 53:5

4. Are you walking in Love?
answer: yes 1Corinthians 13:1-13

5. I am not worthy
answer: God says I am according to Eph 2:6; 1Cor 6:17; 12:27; Matt 28:20; Eph 3:20

6. I prayed for my healing
answer: yes, as a promise from God's word must be confessed as a reality before it becomes true in your life Romans 10:10; Mark 11:22-26

7. Weak Faith
answer: my faith which is Christ Jesus is very strong within me. Romans 10:17

Here is how faith works. You pray for your healing. And now comes the hard part ... When you believe in your heart that you have been healed. You are healed! No matter what your body says. You believe it because that is what God's word says. At that moment you accept your healing from the Spirit world. And it is yours. Also at that moment you start praising God and thanking Him for His healing. And then God through your faith in Him, brings it into the natural and you are then healed physically. I hope you got that because it is how God operates and the most important thing you will ever know about divine healing.

I do appreciate that help you are trying to give me, but again you speak to me like I have very little knowledge in the word of God and you have no clue of who I am in the Lord and my relationship with Him so please do not make assumptions.

I have taken these questions from the website below and have given an answer for each one. Feelings can be deceiving if we walk by what we see, but not by that of the very word of God.
http://www.2jesus.org/healproblem.html

1. What do you want most? Healing or Jesus?
answer: Jesus Psalms 37:4; Matt 6:33

2. God does not hear me, or it may not be God's will to heal me.
answer: I know God hears me Isaiah 30:19; 65:24; Job 22:27; 1John 5:14,15

3. Is healing according to Gods will?
answer: yes James 5:14-16; Matt 9:28-30, Matt 9: 6-7; Matt 4:23-24; Jeremiah 30:17; Exodus 23:25; 1 Peter 2:24; Isaiah 53:5

4. Are you walking in Love?
answer: yes 1Corinthians 13:1-13

5. I am not worthy
answer: God says I am according to Eph 2:6; 1Cor 6:17; 12:27; Matt 28:20; Eph 3:20

6. I prayed for my healing
answer: yes, as a promise from God's word must be confessed as a reality before it becomes true in your life Romans 10:10; Mark 11:22-26

7. Weak Faith
answer: my faith which is Christ Jesus is very strong within me. Romans 10:17

Here is how faith works. You pray for your healing. And now comes the hard part ... When you believe in your heart that you have been healed. You are healed! No matter what your body says. You believe it because that is what God's word says. At that moment you accept your healing from the Spirit world. And it is yours. Also at that moment you start praising God and thanking Him for His healing. And then God through your faith in Him, brings it into the natural and you are then healed physically. I hope you got that because it is how God operates and the most important thing you will ever know about divine healing.

No, I speak to you as if you do have that relationship and knowledge. I could not have this conversation with many others. We should not be concerned what others think of us anyway. When folks post back to me with some of the most consulted doctrines, they have no idea they ought to be learning, and not caught in there own ignorance. I feel exactly what your saying.

So thanking the Lord for something he said as his word is truth, despite the physical evidence to the contrary. Is someone that believes what God said, and has faith that his word would never return void, but cause what he said to line up those fact with truth.

I have no question about God's will concerning healing. I question my own ability to hold on to everything like I once did though. What I really believe comes out in my writing, comes out in my speech, comes out in how I respond. Things that come out don't always line up with what God said though.

I have to remind myself that if I desire something, it's time to meditate again on the same things and remove that junk that crept in. Patience tries God's faithfulness. Many start off strong but as time goes their faith no longer focuses as strong on that hope.

So, what would you tell someone to help them if they were believing God for rent money, but told you they don't have it yet. They claim they are believing strong, know what God promised, but say I have yet to receive it?

We pray anything according to his will, we have confidence that he heard us, and if he herd us we have the very petition we desired of him. It's a done deal.

How would you help this person? They claimed they believe, but they say they yet have received the money for the rent.

Back