Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Healing and visions?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Yes Jesus is the same forever. But his policies towards mankind will and do change. You even describe it as only being in effect until He comes.

I just believe the gift of healing ended in 96 AD. But we both have an ending to it at some point in time, yet Jesus remains the same.

As to 1 Cor 12:9 the faith and the healing were both temporary spiritual gifts. Paul had both temporary gifts of "All " faith and healing....1 Cor 13:2

But Pauls temporary gift left him as his message and authority were established.

2 Tim 4:20~~Erastus remained at Corinth, but Trophimus I left sick at Miletus

Do you think that you had to lay your hands on the person to heal them?

This is what I believe goes on with most healings today. There is a spiritually mature believer, that knows the will of God and prayed for the healing. We won't know their name and they will not divulge information to anyone. They were probably on periphery of the "show" and prayed the right prayer. And we will not know who it was. This is for the legitimate healings that happen for today. That spiritually mature believer does not have "the gift" he was just in the right spot with the right prayer.

Right spot and right prayer!!! There is no right spot or right prayer and no I did not have to lay hands on any person, but it is commanded from Jesus to do so as this is the commission from Jesus that even we as being disciples (servants with Christ) carry on the works that Jesus left for us to continue in as the Holy Spirit works through us.

Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Mar 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Mar 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

OK...psychic healing.

Please explain what psychic healing is and it's link to the scriptures.

The person receiving the healing (from me) suddenly turns to me and says, "Kevin, you're glowing." I looked at myself; I was glowing. I looked at my friend, "You're glowing, too". I looked around; the whole room was glowing. A bright, golden glow in a room that had no windows.

I don't know if this was from God or someone else, but I don't mess with it any more.

Was the individual physically healed?

Please explain what psychic healing is and it's link to the scriptures...
Basically it's healing by spiritual or supernatural means as opposed to physical means. I believe its link to Scripture is that is falls under the "Occult" heading and should not be practised. This is why I stopped (you have to remember this was long before I was born-again, and I was desperate due to the pain and serious medical problems I was battling).

Was the individual physically healed?
I have no idea. I don't remember what condition I was addressing, and have pretty much turned away from this kind of stuff.

Blain, I think allenwynne gave you the best answer in reply # 2. The only thing I could add to what he has said are these verses:
Rom 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
Rom 8:36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
Rom 8:37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
Rom 8:38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Rom 8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

There is nothing within my physical pain that can stop me from being that servant of God He has called me to be. Yes, I would love to be pain free, but it is no longer a concern for me personally as even though my body may be broken my spirit is not. I might have pain, but it doesn't have me.

Col 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Col 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
Col 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
Col 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

yes, God loves us through all these things and we can be persecuted all day long if we are in the right place (Iraq) or even by folks we thought loved us. We need to seek those things above, true.

John said though I pray that you be in health even as your soul prospers.

Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.
(3Jn 1:2)

that word wish, just means to pray. If Anyone knew the will of God, then John is not praying out of God's will. Our spiritual growth inside, should change the outside. In fact we can't get much from God with a starved spirit man inside until it's real inside. It's why spiritual things like food are so important.

Prospers inside means convinced. That spiritual growth tells us that no matter what physical circumstances presented to us, we are still saved and have eternal life. They could put it on the news that I was going to hell, and I would not believe a word of it because on the inside, I know, that I know I have Jesus, and eternal life.

Healing is the same way.

Yes, we can lay hands on the sick and they recover eventually or even suddenly. Some receive, some don't, but it's there and backed by Jesus himself.

Now when you minister to others, it's through the one that is the teacher, the Holy Spirit. It's the Holy Spirit, ministering to you for them. since it's not our own mind, we tend to forget that hard and solid faith we give others when it comes to our own things.

Sometimes we have to go back to basics. I am hurting, I had others pray, I have prayed and prayed, but for some reason, I have not received my healing.
I have been in this boat before, often forgetting how I was used for others to help them.

What did you type?

I have prayed and had others pray for my healing, but never received my physical healing, but have received Spiritual healing that I truly needed. I can pray for others and even lay hands on them and see the manifestation of the Holy Spirit working through me for their physical healings, but yet have never received my own

God expects us to grow up, and growing up, what worked in the past, needs a stronger principle applied.

You have not received healing?

Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
(Mar 11:24)

Time tries God's faithfulness. Now even typing that you NEVER received healing, is only because you actually believe that out of the abundance of your heart.
You would never type that you never received eternal life, right? You would not because you don't believe that, and would never type that, no matter what.

Now it don't take rocket science to figure out what is hindering things here with all that word knowledge you have. Time to grow up some more.

I am not moved by how many prayed and failed, not moved by how long God seems to take, not going to pray it but once and receive healing despite how my body feels, despite what I am told, By His stripes I am the Healed and Jesus bore pain and carried my sickness. I will stay meditating in the word until I am so convinced that even a thought of the Word not coming to pass in my life can be possible. I am not going to ask my body how it feels, I will tell it how it feels. Fact may be that I hurt, but truth says he bore my pain and truth always gets the facts straight and in line. I will not settle for less, will not let the devil convince me that being in pain constantly is OK as long as I can still walk and move around.

The devil may say we have to put up with things, try to mask it as no big deal, just a crutch to carry. I have a Word for the devil though.

The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O LORD, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands.
(Psa 138:8)

Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:
(Php 1:6)

Be blessed.

Ok. So is it safe to assume that Satan's ability to physically heal someone is unknown?

Absolutely. I only put that out there in case it is true. I don't care if I'm personally right or wrong. I do care if someone goes to Hell, and I could have prevented it.

yes, God loves us through all these things and we can be persecuted all day long if we are in the right place (Iraq) or even by folks we thought loved us. We need to seek those things above, true.

John said though I pray that you be in health even as your soul prospers.

Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.
(3Jn 1:2)

that word wish, just means to pray. If Anyone knew the will of God, then John is not praying out of God's will. Our spiritual growth inside, should change the outside. In fact we can't get much from God with a starved spirit man inside until it's real inside. It's why spiritual things like food are so important.

Prospers inside means convinced. That spiritual growth tells us that no matter what physical circumstances presented to us, we are still saved and have eternal life. They could put it on the news that I was going to hell, and I would not believe a word of it because on the inside, I know, that I know I have Jesus, and eternal life.

Healing is the same way.

Yes, we can lay hands on the sick and they recover eventually or even suddenly. Some receive, some don't, but it's there and backed by Jesus himself.

Now when you minister to others, it's through the one that is the teacher, the Holy Spirit. It's the Holy Spirit, ministering to you for them. since it's not our own mind, we tend to forget that hard and solid faith we give others when it comes to our own things.

Sometimes we have to go back to basics. I am hurting, I had others pray, I have prayed and prayed, but for some reason, I have not received my healing.
I have been in this boat before, often forgetting how I was used for others to help them.

What did you type?

God expects us to grow up, and growing up, what worked in the past, needs a stronger principle applied.

You have not received healing?

Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
(Mar 11:24)

Time tries God's faithfulness. Now even typing that you NEVER received healing, is only because you actually believe that out of the abundance of your heart.
You would never type that you never received eternal life, right? You would not because you don't believe that, and would never type that, no matter what.

Now it don't take rocket science to figure out what is hindering things here with all that word knowledge you have. Time to grow up some more.

I am not moved by how many prayed and failed, not moved by how long God seems to take, not going to pray it but once and receive healing despite how my body feels, despite what I am told, By His stripes I am the Healed and Jesus bore pain and carried my sickness. I will stay meditating in the word until I am so convinced that even a thought of the Word not coming to pass in my life can be possible. I am not going to ask my body how it feels, I will tell it how it feels. Fact may be that I hurt, but truth says he bore my pain and truth always gets the facts straight and in line. I will not settle for less, will not let the devil convince me that being in pain constantly is OK as long as I can still walk and move around.

The devil may say we have to put up with things, try to mask it as no big deal, just a crutch to carry. I have a Word for the devil though.

The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O LORD, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands.
(Psa 138:8)

Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:
(Php 1:6)

Be blessed.

Thank you Mike. The doctors told me at one time they thought I had cancer by something they spotted on a test they took. I gave that over to God in prayer they could not find what they had seen before, glory to God. With the arthritis I know God is no respecter of person that would want one to suffer and another to be healed and for the life of me I don't know why I have never been physically healed, but can only think God has a reason and purpose that He might or might not reveal to me someday for me to be this way and I no longer question it as I have to be about my Fathers business and there is nothing that hinders me from that.

Thank you Mike. The doctors told me at one time they thought I had cancer by something they spotted on a test they took. I gave that over to God in prayer they could not find what they had seen before, glory to God. With the arthritis I know God is no respecter of person that would want one to suffer and another to be healed and for the life of me I don't know why I have never been physically healed, but can only think God has a reason and purpose that He might or might not reveal to me someday for me to be this way and I no longer question it as I have to be about my Fathers business and there is nothing that hinders me from that.

Thank you for sharing. Pain is on of the hardest physical reminders we are not healed. Faith does not believe God can, but faith believes God will. God has a reason and purpose your not healed, so for some odd reason God fixes cancer, but does not really fix pain. (no, not true)

Tribulation brings experience, experience, patience, patience, hope. Our hope is not made ashamed.

So experience says God will. David said that God gave into his hand a lion and bear, who is Goliath again?

It's not that God has any purpose for not healing. You prayed, ran out of patience, then settled for less.

So, turn that around to I am the healed and God perfects every thing that concerns me. My father will see to it I am pain free.

We can side with God and speak what he says, despite what we fell. The devil wants to know how far we will believe before giving up and settling for less.

When standing on the word about something and it's months, I just remind the devil of the greater testimonies I am going to get and prove yet again God's word never failed anyone that believed and did not give up.

Be blessed the victory is yours.

Absolutely. I only put that out there in case it is true. I don't care if I'm personally right or wrong.

I can appreciate your concern, but do you think it's wise to make a statement that you aren't even convinced is true?

Think about it.

:thinking

I do care if someone goes to Hell, and I could have prevented it.

Here's something else to ponder.

What if someone took your words to heart and one day actually witnessed a true miracle? An actual healing direct from the hand of God. And that individual, remembering your words, stood up and denounced that healing, stating it was the work of the devil.

What does the bible say regarding those who attribute the works of God as the works of Satan? What did Jesus say when the scribes said His powers came from Beelzebub?

Think about that.

One more thing. We can't prevent anyone from going to hell. The most we can do is give them the facts and hope they make the right decision. We can assist our brothers and sisters on their journey, but we cannot control the contents of their heart.

I can appreciate your concern, but do you think it's wise to make a statement that you aren't even convinced is true?
At the time, I did think it was true.

You know, though, I'm beginning to think I don't belong here. I've always had an adventurous mind, but it seems like it's upsetting some of the members here. I certainly don't want to continue doing that, so maybe it's best to explore God's universe some other way. Bless you all, though. You've found your salvation; I'm going to go and find mine.

Last edited:
Kevin,
You do realize, don't you, that NONE of us really know, for a fact , how healing happens? But, if we are constantly giving only one entity the credit and glory because that is our belief in the matter, then the healing gives illumination to only one source. And, that is our God. Satan can't like that, at all... so would he do anything that would start us praising God?

One could bump their head against the door frame of the car, getting in, and cervical vertebrae could be instantly properly realigned, correcting a long-standing subluxation. Nothing "supernatural" (or so it appears to us), but it might well have been God's intentional plan for that person, at that moment.

I, personally, think that we have to have some problems with our thinking and reasoning process when we don't see God's hand in any, and all, healing. Maybe it is different for you, but I have never, not once, in 69 years, ever heard someone thank satan for making them well. Though, I HAVE heard a few pretty stupid people "blame" God for a sickness.................. Some really twisted and confused people even think He does those sorts of things for our benefit. But those kind of people probably have even more serious mental problems.

Seriously. How is anyone going to claim to believe in a God who tells you plainly that "all good things come from Him", and that satanic influence is totally bent upon our destruction, then say something demented like, "God caused this pain and misery to help me see how much He loves me...... Wow! I want more."

Did you ever see people in the Bible coming to Jesus, asking Him to please make them blind or deaf? Or how about those that begged to be made crippled? And, yet, some sadly deluded people think that is how He deals with us today.

If something is good, and you are better for it, shouldn't you absolutely be ashamed and embarrassed to thank a devil for what God gave you?

Thank you for sharing. Pain is on of the hardest physical reminders we are not healed. Faith does not believe God can, but faith believes God will. God has a reason and purpose your not healed, so for some odd reason God fixes cancer, but does not really fix pain. (no, not true)

Tribulation brings experience, experience, patience, patience, hope. Our hope is not made ashamed.

So experience says God will. David said that God gave into his hand a lion and bear, who is Goliath again?

It's not that God has any purpose for not healing. You prayed, ran out of patience, then settled for less.

So, turn that around to I am the healed and God perfects every thing that concerns me. My father will see to it I am pain free.

We can side with God and speak what he says, despite what we fell. The devil wants to know how far we will believe before giving up and settling for less.

When standing on the word about something and it's months, I just remind the devil of the greater testimonies I am going to get and prove yet again God's word never failed anyone that believed and did not give up.

Be blessed the victory is yours.

It's a testimony of even though I face trials and tribulations, which all of us will have from time to time, my faith will never waver or become weak as there is nothing that will ever separate me from the love of God. I look at it as I can dress myself, feed myself and still continue in the normal things of everyday living, but do certain things now in smaller doses, but yet get everything done that I need to get done. Since I can no longer work I can concentrate more now of what and where God needs me to be as I foremost need to be about my Fathers business without any hindrance. Maybe God will reveal why I am the way I am now, but I am no longer dwelling on that which I can not do, but on that of what I can do for the Lord. The physical will pass and turn back to the dust of the ground. It's like the flesh is weak, but the spirit is very strong.

Thank you, Willie. God bless you.
I see that statement a lot on forums.

How, exactly, would you like to see God bless me? Can you state, clearly, the blessing you are hoping I will receive from God? I need blessings, and I would like to see one actually typed out.

I see that statement a lot on forums.

How, exactly, would you like to see God bless me? Can you state, clearly, the blessing you are hoping I will receive from God? I need blessings, and I would like to see one actually typed out.
Be blessed...
3Jn 1:2 beloved, concerning all things I desire thee to prosper, and to be in health, even as thy soul doth prosper,

At the time, I did think it was true.

You know, though, I'm beginning to think I don't belong here. I've always had an adventurous mind, but it seems like it's upsetting some of the members here. I certainly don't want to continue doing that, so maybe it's best to explore God's universe some other way. Bless you all, though. You've found your salvation; I'm going to go and find mine.

You don't belong here? Salvation ought to come from the same book. There is only one, His name is Jesus. Someone can pray to Mary, something I don't agree with, but if they also believe Jesus is Lord, then we agree on the most important thing.

This thread is about healing and visions. Some believe in Healing, but will settle for less, some don't believe in healing from God at all, some believe all kinds of things that seem right to them, but not scriptural.

This is one topic on this forum out of many. Some I agree with, some I just shake my head wondering where folks come up with the stuff they do.

I am here because of the diversity of believers, and I love my Brothers and Sisters. For me it's good to hear other belief on things because we don't know everything, and things are brought up that I never considered. More than once I have changed my doctrine based on scriptures that others have brought up. If the Word says it, then it's so, and I change.

I don't hold onto emotional belief and ties to what I want to believe about God. The Word tells me what I am suppose to believe.

Do not err, my beloved brethren. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
(Jas 1:16-17)

And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand: And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?
(Mat 12:25-26)

Every good thing comes from God. Satan has no good things, no ability to heal, would not even want to heal. There is no help, or healing power in the devil. If the devil healed then the devil is going against his kingdom. His Kingdom is set to kill, steal and destroy.

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
(Joh 10:10)

The Kingdom of our Lord Jesus is set to give life, and destroy the works of the devil in our life. God is not helping the devil get us or giving permission to get us. The devil is not going around helping people that other devils have made sick and oppressed. That would counter his own Kingdom and work of darkness.

So if someone presents scripture in a "REASONABLE" way, and not some convoluted way where we have to move around meanings of Greek and Hebrew, and make vague connections, then we should listen and change. It's time to learn more, and not run away.

If they come to their conclusions with some obscure reasoning that contradicts other scriptures, then we don't buy into those things. We have seen some of that in this thread by confused folks. Stick with the simple, and scriptures the perfectly connect with one another.

Blessings.

Be blessed...
3Jn 1:2 beloved, concerning all things I desire thee to prosper, and to be in health, even as thy soul doth prosper,
No, that wasn't what I asked. I asked what HE was wishing for me when he said that.

You've been on forums long enough to understand what I'm questioning.

Since its taken that sort of turn, then by what power do shamen and/or medicine men heal by? And when "they" do, if you have seen or believe, they do NOT give glory to who we know as God.

No, that wasn't what I asked. I asked what HE was wishing for me when he said that.

You've been on forums long enough to understand what I'm questioning.
And HE can answer you too, can HE not?
Do you not know how to graciously accept a blessing without being sarcastic? I will not apologize for wishing to give you a blessing. Sheesh....

Since its taken that sort of turn, then by what power do shamen and/or medicine men heal by? And when "they" do, if you have seen or believe, they do NOT give glory to who we know as God.
Well, I've seen God heal. But, I've never even met a Shaman or a medicine man.
And HE can answer you too, can HE not?
Do you not know how to graciously accept a blessing without being sarcastic? I will not apologize for wishing to give you a blessing. Sheesh....
Sorry, I had no idea you were offering a blessing. I thought you were giving me the definition.

My whole point with this was that we all have repeatedly seen a curt dismissal of someone on a forum by the poster saying, "God bless you", or, "I'll pray for you" when that was, truthfully, the furthest thing from their mind.

Back