Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Here's a Poll just because I'm curious

Can a true believing Mormon receive salvation (assuming they believe in Jesus)?

• Yes

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
You talk about people there that died before Jesus went to the cross and here a few post up you talked about people who die in this day and age...Two different topics or people

Not really. I'm talking about people that died without ever hearing about Christ. That passage from Romans explains it perfectly.

One topic.

The answer is in that passage. :)

:thinking
NO it is not Gary. That does not say people will get into Heaven without knowing Jesus. If it did then John 3:16 would be either void or a curse to those who heard about Jesus. With out the blood of Jesus covering you, well you wont stand long before GOD. When Jesus says get away from me and they say but Lord i did this or that in your name and so forth and then Jesus says I never knew you....Why do you think this is ? No Blood Brother covering them.

NO it is not Gary. That does not say people will get into Heaven without knowing Jesus. If it did then John 3:16 would be either void or a curse to those who heard about Jesus. With out the blood of Jesus covering you, well you wont stand long before GOD. When Jesus says get away from me and they say but Lord i did this or that in your name and so forth and then Jesus says I never knew you....Why do you think this is ? No Blood Brother covering them.

Okay. :)

/

We just see things different.
sherlocksmile.gif

It happens.
Kick_Can_emoticon.gif

No biggie.
im-ok-smiley-emoticon.gif

That's ok, I don't mind being put on the spot. I don't believe the same way about Catholics, but I can't elaborate on that because we are not allowed to discuss Catholic doctrine here. What I understand is that Mormon's have an entirely different set of beliefs then that of Christians. One of them being that a person can become a god themselves. Also that Jesus is Satan's brother.

:sorry

OK, thanks.

I also want to thank the whole staff for the great job they do here. :clap
Blessings to you all.

So what happens to the people who've never heard of Him?

Rom_1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

So clearly God has made provisions of some kind for those who have never had any chance to hear the actual words of the Gospel. I don't think it's that important if we understand how He does that or not. Don't you guys all think it's a waste of time to argue over this since not a single person here fits into that category? I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone anywhere in the world that is around enough technology to be on the internet and to read this forum, but is at the same time so isolated that they have never had the chance to read the Bible or hear someone preach the gospel. Now if they chose not to read or listen, or not to believe, well, that's on them.

The original post wasn't asking about how someone who never had a chance to learn about Jesus could be saved. It's asking about if someone who truly believes in the Mormon doctrines is saved.

Rom_1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Paul's not referencing nonbelievers here. He's talking about disobedient believers. "Christians".

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back