Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How We Know We Are "NOT" In The Last Days

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Jesus told his followers that they would do works greater than what he did in the last days. This includes teaching, preaching, RAISING THE DEAD and HEALING the SICK. Hang on a minute raising the dead, but this has never happened since the 1st century the proof being in Acts that our early brothers and sisters did in fact do those things. SO the question is, if no one had never done it since, "what does it mean".

Just curious if there's a specific reason this is in the other religions forum? Seems like it'd fit better in End Times.

Jesus told his followers that they would do works greater than what he did in the last days. This includes teaching, preaching, RAISING THE DEAD and HEALING the SICK. Hang on a minute raising the dead, but this has never happened since the 1st century the proof being in Acts that our early brothers and sisters did in fact do those things. SO the question is, if no one had never done it since, "what does it mean".

Says who.

The dead are raised as a confirmation to the preaching of the Gospel.

The Gospel is still being preached and the dead are raised as a result.

Check out Rhinehard Bonnke's testimonies.

JLB

THere would be thousands of healers and everyone would flock to them and it would be world news. Matthew 24: 45 is the Holy SPirit

Well, I know I wasn't there to say it happened.... and I assume you weren't there to say it didn't.

So, all that is an option is to either believe them, or to say they are lying.

Note from Staff.... This thread was opened in 2 forums ET is the better fit .. They were duplicates so one is deleted... Thanks :) reba

Im not denying anything. All i said was one of the identifying marks of the end times was the raising of the dead and healing the sick. I dont know and have never witnessed any of those things. I would like to hear from someone who has please

Actually what He said was this.

John 14
12 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.
13 And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14 If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.

As you can see, no mention of the "last days".

Im not denying anything. All i said was one of the identifying marks of the end times was the raising of the dead and healing the sick.

Could you post the scripture that states this?

I dont know and have never witnessed any of those things. I would like to hear from someone who has please

Just because you haven't witnessed those things doesn't mean they aren't happening.

My childhood church used to pray over sick members by laying of hands and anointing of oil--they did it by the request of the member. Although the members still sought medical treatment; they didn't do the prayer as a replacement for treatment, rather an aide to it.
My mom did it once for a kidney stone and when she next went to the doctor's it was gone. If I remember correctly.

Not sure if that counts.

Says who.

The dead are raised as a confirmation to the preaching of the Gospel.

The Gospel is still being preached and the dead are raised as a result.

Check out Rhinehard Bonnke's testimonies.

JLB
:goodpost

This is a good point most of us miss imo. Sinners are considered dead in their sins ( they will not inherit eternal life ) until they repent and turn to Yahweh. The dead are being raised daily right now.

sure it counts Quest .... NIce to hear of the things GOd does for His kids... :)
All the time. There are probably only a handful of people in our entire congregation who have not been touched by the constant healings going on there.

Is there more than one day included in those Last Days?

Do not include we as myself.I have a different interpretation of the Bible than you.I read it literally.I do believe we are living in the end times.
Luke 21:11
Birth pangs as Jesus called them Matthew 24:8
I read all of these verses literally
2 Timothy 3:1-4
2 Timothy 3: 13
2 Timothy 4:3-4

I believe the rapture could happen at any moment.God will deal with sin either by grace or by wrath John 3:36.

Back