Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How We Know We Are "NOT" In The Last Days

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Where I go to church there is also a Spanish service led by a Spanish speaking pastor. A few weeks ago (I wasn't invovled in or a witness to this one personally) a baby died. I mean, she had no breath and no heart beat for over 20 minutes before someone told the pastor what was happening and he had the paramedics called. I know, I know. Don't ask me why no one called earlier. Many of his congregation are illegal aliens and are hesitant to call any kind of authorities for any reason. They assumed the bgaby was already dead and there was no sense in risking many of them being arrested for nothing.

Of course the pastor knows better so he assigned someone to call 911, then immediately laid hands on the baby who was even starting to feel noticeably cooler by this time. Immediately, even before anyone could start doing CPR, the baby took a deep gasp of air and started crying! Even the pastor, as he ws telling me this story a few days after it happened, still broke down in tears at the power of God while he was telling me about it!

So even up here in the Northwest corner of the United States, far from the 3rd world, there are still people with enough faith to heal, to be healed, and even to raise the dead.

Like I said, I don't know if these things are a sign of the end times. I don't recall ever reading that in scripture. But they are happening.
PRAISE GOD!

Jesus told his followers that they would do works greater than what he did in the last days. This includes teaching, preaching, RAISING THE DEAD and HEALING the SICK. Hang on a minute raising the dead, but this has never happened since the 1st century the proof being in Acts that our early brothers and sisters did in fact do those things. SO the question is, if no one had never done it since, "what does it mean".

It is also written
“‘In the last days, God says,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your young men will see visions,
your old men will dream dreams.
18 Even on my servants, both men and women,
I will pour out my Spirit in those days,
and they will prophesy.
19 I will show wonders in the heavens above
and signs on the earth below,
blood and fire and billows of smoke.
20 The sun will be turned to darkness
and the moon to blood
before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord.

21 And everyone who calls
on the name of the Lord will be saved.’[c]

To me the last of these last days is the 2nd coming of the Lord. God is still giving the gift of the Holy Spirit in Jesus's name and people are still calling on the lord to be saved.

R.

Who desires to be in it? Who wants to be in the last days? What man wants this world to end? Do any of you? Not all of our families are saved not all of us shall enter into peace why would any man want this retched world to end? For men say we are not in the last days for not all are tried and nit all are afflicted at given times for there is a time and judgment for all, what ever a mans cup is that shall he drink and what ever his portion is that shall he live.

Honor your lives while it last the poor man seeks another, he who is so afflicted his mouth fails him for words and his eyes becomes as droplets of rain yeah him he wants an end he wants the righteous to finally be rewarded
Let the wicked get what is due to him and righteous get what is due to him.

Their is no pleasure in this world we should be hastening for his coming
Let this world perish and the wicked right along with it for this is their world the ungodly men are lifted up for a time the. They fade like he grass in its season but the righteous are delivered from all afflictions and the prudent man shall live forever

As I understand it, we are already in the "last days" and have been at least since the time Hebrews was written.

Heb 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;​

Earth's timeline consists of seven 1,000 day periods. Man will work the first six days and rest the seventh during the millennium. The last two days before the millennium would be the "last days" of that 6,000 year work week.

The reference to Joel's prophecy that Randy posted above is a second witness that the "last days" had already begun when the Holy Spirit was poured out on Shavuot/Pentecost in Acts 2.

As I understand it, we are already in the "last days" and have been at least since the time Hebrews was written.

Heb 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;​

Earth's timeline consists of seven 1,000 day periods. Man will work the first six days and rest the seventh during the millennium. The last two days before the millennium would be the "last days" of that 6,000 year work week.

The reference to Joel's prophecy that Randy posted above is a second witness that the "last days" had already begun when the Holy Spirit was poured out on Shavuot/Pentecost in Acts 2.

these are the last of the last days

gods time is a thousand years for a day and one day in his time is a thousand years
one day in man time is 24hours

The last days been since the days of the apostles but...

these days... the days of the abomination of desolation is here
the days of the death of the saints draws near.
The time of quake is nothing but a few years a way in mans time
dont know when nor do i know the hour but i been told the eagles
where the eagles...are gathered. they will the righteous be

Um... The eagles are gathered at the carcase. Is it a righteousness carcase? Nope, it is dead flesh, i.e. without the Spirit. Matt 24:28

Um... The eagles are gathered at the carcase. Is it a righteousness carcase? Nope, it is dead flesh, i.e. without the Spirit. Matt 24:28

Not a righteous carcase but the righteous carcase.

His peoples dead body

Gods chosen are going to be put to death in the coming days very soon.

All of them except them who escape alive

But most will be tried to death.

Once the abomination of desolation kingdom is fully set up.

He will set forth a mark upon all the world.

All who take the mark are not gods chosen people in those days that is to come

All who do not take the mark or worship the beast was his chosen before he was born.

All who don't take the mark will be killed .

All these things will happen I. Our generation.

Me personally not even 5 years before u see all these things

Many of the prophecies are happening now. 7 months from now.. (This is me speaking not prophecies of the bible but my opinion but above is not my opinion but prophecies of the scriptures)

Well 7 to 2 years the sign will be enforce.

How do I know? I don't. All I know is he who is going to enforce it is here how long it will take I speculate. But for a fact he is here

Jesus told his followers that they would do works greater than what he did in the last days. This includes teaching, preaching, RAISING THE DEAD and HEALING the SICK. Hang on a minute raising the dead, but this has never happened since the 1st century the proof being in Acts that our early brothers and sisters did in fact do those things. SO the question is, if no one had never done it since, "what does it mean".

What makes you think that no one gets healed or has been raised from the dead in these times? I've never seen anyone raised from the dead, but I've watched a lot of testimonial videos which say that it has happened. I believe that at least some of them are true.

I have been healed myself by the Lord. The Lord re-set a dislocated hip that I had. I prayed for it, received it, and know it happened, and know it was the Lord that did it. I'm too tired to type out the whole thing again right now, it's late. but, I've posted it here two or three times before. I think one of them is in the Testimonies forum.

U can't say it's never been done.
Just because u didn't hear about it

Once a man becomes a child he gains spiritual gifts

Some gain wisdom some gain miracles

What if god hid the matter from the world when a prophet raised the dead?

America is not the only nation there are many. And who can know who is all of god chosen or not?

What makes you think that no one gets healed or has been raised from the dead in these times? I've never seen anyone raised from the dead, but I've watched a lot of testimonial videos which say that it has happened. I believe that at least some of them are true.

I have been healed myself by the Lord. The Lord re-set a dislocated hip that I had. I prayed for it, received it, and know it happened, and know it was the Lord that did it. I'm too tired to type out the whole thing again right now, it's late. but, I've posted it here two or three times before. I think one of them is in the Testimonies forum.

Exactly

Yeah, tell that to Smith Wigglesworth.

JLB

Why do we need to know if we are in the last days. I am content to know nothing except that which the Lord decides for me to know.

Why do we need to know if we are in the last days. I am content to know nothing except that which the Lord decides for me to know.
Dear Sister bluegirl, above most things scripture should hold our attention to learning not only to know the manner in which we are to walk with our LORD, but to receive the blessings available.

Rev 1:3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

2 Tim 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

The Old Testament was given as ensamples of things in the New Testament. 1 Cor 10:11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

Even with the types there was much held from them of the ages and generations of the past.
Col 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;
Col 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints. All we in Christ are those saints our Father wanted to reveal Jesus to.

Now I come to the Apocalypse or Revelation of our LORD Jesus, and without His words to the church, we would even know our judgment as He walks among the candlesticks which are the different conditions of the body of Christ told us in Revelation Chapters Two and Three.

What place do we want to attain unto with Jesus? Will all be the bride, will some be servants, and will all be in, round about, or before the throne of our Savior. Why are some saints seen in heaven before others? Some are said to have crowns, and others told to repent. Certain ones are with Jesus when He receives His own throne, and others come out of great tribulation. I’ll leave off for the time being with this, but may God bless you with all His word in Jesus’ name.
It’s good to have you among our Christian fellowship. Welcome. :wave2

THere would be thousands of healers and everyone would flock to them and it would be world news. Matthew 24: 45 is the Holy SPirit

I think yoou need to get out more. Shoot there has been some raised from the dead all over the usa and otherr countries..... Besides.........Jesus said we could do the thiings he did here and now. Not some day to come.
If you are waiting for that day to come, well it's that day !!

Do not include we as myself.I have a different interpretation of the Bible than you.I read it literally.I do believe we are living in the end times.
Luke 21:11
Birth pangs as Jesus called them Matthew 24:8
I read all of these verses literally
2 Timothy 3:1-4
2 Timothy 3: 13
2 Timothy 4:3-4

I believe the rapture could happen at any moment.God will deal with sin either by grace or by wrath John 3:36.
I agree I think the last days have begun. Thanks for the verses.

Dear Sister bluegirl, above most things scripture should hold our attention to learning not only to know the manner in which we are to walk with our LORD, but to receive the blessings available.

Rev 1:3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

2 Tim 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

The Old Testament was given as ensamples of things in the New Testament. 1 Cor 10:11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

Even with the types there was much held from them of the ages and generations of the past.
Col 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;
Col 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints. All we in Christ are those saints our Father wanted to reveal Jesus to.

Now I come to the Apocalypse or Revelation of our LORD Jesus, and without His words to the church, we would even know our judgment as He walks among the candlesticks which are the different conditions of the body of Christ told us in Revelation Chapters Two and Three.

What place do we want to attain unto with Jesus? Will all be the bride, will some be servants, and will all be in, round about, or before the throne of our Savior. Why are some saints seen in heaven before others? Some are said to have crowns, and others told to repent. Certain ones are with Jesus when He receives His own throne, and others come out of great tribulation. I’ll leave off for the time being with this, but may God bless you with all His word in Jesus’ name.
It’s good to have you among our Christian fellowship. Welcome. :wave2
I just feel that reading the bible, praying, and talking to our Friend Jesus is all I need. If there is human community too, great. But I have little interest in human interpretations of the Word. If I am with our Friend, then I have no fear if it is end times and can wait patiently for Him to tell me what to do. I have no need to try and 'figure' out the hour that it is. Do the birds in the field worry? No. I will try and follow their example. :)

I just feel that reading the bible, praying, and talking to our Friend Jesus is all I need.
That is such a dangerous position to find oneself in. There is such a basic misunderstanding that, today, is taught in many venues. The song, What A Friend We Have In Jesus, is one I love to sing but that is not a good position to remain in.Jesus is the King, He is our savior, He is my Big brother but He must be revered. I, almost, never tell folks He is my friend. Jesus is the Creator of everything the eye can see and can't see. (John 1:1-3)

At issue here is the perception that God, between the 400 years of quietness has changed and that has never been true. God has and God will never change. (Mal. 3:6a) God has from the very beginning sought our fellowship. (Genesis 2 & 3) Through the sacrifice Jesus/God made on the cross. (Luke 23:26-43) God always deserves our utmost respect.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back