Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How's your weather today, where you live?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
WIP and Knotical your stories are very amazing. Part of me does actually envy you. You know, in my country nature is so tame, 5 inches of snow on one day is like a disaster for us.

There are areas with earthquakes in Germany, but they just aren't strong enough to be noticeable. And we do occcasionally get Tornados, not in my area though, but further up to the north where the landscape is plain. Those tornados are rather weak, too. They may break a window, but that's as bad as it gets.

Whenever an asteroid from space hits earth I request for it to impact in my country. It'd be just fair since we missed out on all the other disasters.

Knotical, thanks for your advise about behaviour during earthquakes. I'd totally try to get out of the building though. Stuff here isn't built to be earthquake proof, so I suspect it'd just collaps over my head and hiding under my desk just won't protect me. Plus, if the building collapses I'd fall three floors deep.
Some of the videos of the Japan earthquake in 2011 it looked so bad people couldn't even stay on their feet because the ground was shaking so heavily.

Last edited by a moderator:
WIP and Knotical your stories are very amazing. Part of me does actually envy you. You know, in my country nature is so tame, 5 inches of snow on one day is like a disaster for us.

There are areas with earthquakes in Germany, but they just aren't strong enough to be noticeable. And we do occcasionally get Tornados, not in my area though, but further up to the north where the landscape is plain. Those tornados are rather weak, too. They may break a window, but that's as bad as it gets.

Whenever an asteroid from space hits earth I request for it to impact in my country. It'd be just fair since we missed out on all the other disasters.

You certainly have an odd sense of fairness.

Strangely enough, no, not until they hit the ground. Until then, they are quiet as a mouse. It's the wind's interaction with the earth that makes it sound like a freight train.
I'd always imagined the wind makes some kind of howling or whisteling sound before it hits the ground and starts to uproot trees and dismantle houses.

I think you should have been a combat helicopter pilot. :biggrin
Hehe, yeah I think that would definitely make me feel alive.
Hm, maybe if I find a hazardous job I'd be more calm and at peace with myself in my free time....

You certainly have an odd sense of fairness.

:biggrin Well that wasn't 100% serious.

Although, looking at what my country has done during the last century anything less than a big rock onto our heads seems like we're getting away too lightly.

:biggrin Well that wasn't 100% serious.

Although, looking at what my country has done during the last century anything less than a big rock onto our heads seems like we're getting away too lightly.

You can't blame the current citizens of a country for what the leaders did decades ago. Your country has come a long way since then.

Also, I have heard it described when a tornado is bearing down on you that it sounds like a freight train. Even though I grew up in an area that did have its fair share of tornadoes, I have not personally witnessed any. Though I did get to see a funnel cloud start to form, then break up over Lake Michigan. Very cool. that was also the day a storm front decided to sit right over our house. It was sunny and warm in the backyard, and down-pouring rain in the front yard.

The midwest certainly has its fair share of interesting weather.

Hehe, yeah I think that would definitely make me feel alive.
Hm, maybe if I find a hazardous job I'd be more calm and at peace with myself in my free time....
I was one. The consequences? An addiction to high-risk behaviors, which led to a compulsive gambling addiction, massive debt, prison for forgery, and now a life as an addictions counselor and some-day-to-be psychologist. While the outcome is good, the road between "A" and "B" was not fun. Alive, yes. Fun, no. :biggrin

I was one. The consequences? An addiction to high-risk behaviors, which led to a compulsive gambling addiction, massive debt, prison for forgery, and now a life as an addictions counselor and some-day-to-be psychologist. While the outcome is good, the road between "A" and "B" was not fun. Alive, yes. Fun, no. :biggrin

That sounds a bit like you were suffering from some sort of PTSD.

It's 8:00pm and 5F (-15C) with -14F (-26C) windchill heading downhill. By morning we are expecting -13F (-25C) temperature with windchills approaching -40F (-40C). That's just the start. Tomorrow's high is predicted to be -7F with a -40F windchill and then dropping to -24F air temp with -45F windchill tomorrow night. There's a bright spot. By Saturday we are expecting 25 degrees again.

No mosquitos....no mosquitos....no mosquitos...no mosquitos...

It's 8:00pm and 5F (-15C) with -14F (-26C) windchill heading downhill. By morning we are expecting -13F (-25C) temperature with windchills approaching -40F (-40C). That's just the start. Tomorrow's high is predicted to be -7F with a -40F windchill and then dropping to -24F air temp with -45F windchill tomorrow night. There's a bright spot. By Saturday we are expecting 25 degrees again.

No mosquitos....no mosquitos....no mosquitos...no mosquitos...

See, there is a silver lining in everything.

Well, it didn't get as cold as predicted. Only got down to -6F. Of course, it looks like they got it right for today. It is 12:25pm and -7 with a -32 windchill.

Having a rainstorm here in the Pacific Northwest. It started in November and is expected to last through March.

Having a rainstorm here in the Pacific Northwest. It started in November and is expected to last through March.

I was in Portland last week. I recall there was a time when I walked outside without getting wet. Oh wait! I wan under the hotel entrance canopy. Never mind.

Germany: still no earthquakes or tornadoes.
But we had a little thunderstorm earlier tonight. In January. That's rare and weird. Maybe that's gonna be the end of the world. :o

Argh. I went in to university to get some admin stuff done before the semester starts...and walked right into a thunderstorm with threat of hail. :grumpy. Guess who's camping in the library? :lol

Argh. I went in to university to get some admin stuff done before the semester starts...and walked right into a thunderstorm with threat of hail. :grumpy. Guess who's camping in the library? :lol

Nick: Wow, sympathize with the guys on Bondi Beach just now...

(They will be closing the Harbour Bridge next, in case someone gets hurt, or something...)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back