Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Interesting SDA Information - Is this true?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
S

Solo

Facts Seventh-day Adventists
Won’t Tell You at Their Seminars

“SDA’s won’t always tell you that it is the SDA church that is sponsoring the seminars.

–SDA’s consider themselves to be the only true, remnant church. All others will be condemned in time.

–SDA’s will make your salvation dependent on observing the Saturday Sabbath, worshiping with them.

–If you receive Christ as your Savior through SDA’s, only your past sins are forgiven by grace up to that point.

–As an SDA you now enter a period of “investigative judgment†where every deed you do or don’t do is recorded for judgment day.

–As an SDA you will be judged even for “idle moments†where you could have been more obedient.

–As an SDA you will be encouraged to become a vegetarian.

–SDA’s will gloss over the scripture that says “...he who is weak in faith eats vegetables only...†(Romans 14:2).

–SDA’s will expect you to revere their founding prophetess, Ellen G. White, viewing her as having the “spirit of prophecy†referred to in the Bible book of Revelation.

–In spite of revering Ellen G. White, SDA’s won’t ordain women.

–SDA’s won’t tell you that EGW is a proven false prophetess. Her embarrassing early writings have been altered to cover this up.

–SDA’s won’t tell you that they once denied the Trinity. Left over from that time period is the heresy that Jesus Christ is Michael.

–SDA’s have attempted to incorporate this false doctrine of Jesus being Michael by manipulation of scriptures, so EGW can be correct in their eyes when she says Michael is an OT name for Jesus. Shades of Jehovah’s Witnesses!

–SDA’s won’t tell you that an early Adventist (Nelson H. Barbour) co-published with the founder of the Jehovah’s Witnesses. Both proved to be false prophets. False date-setting caused them to part company.

–SDA’s won’t tell you that early Adventists expected the literal second coming of Christ in 1843 and 1844 only to be disappointed.

–SDA’s won’t tell you that their 1844 “investigative judgment†teaching was born out of an attempt to cover over this false prophecy. Instead of repenting over this false date, the claim was made that Christ really came, but INVISIBLY in heaven.

–Their founder, Ellen G. White, prior to the failed prophecy, taught that the door to salvation was shut. This had to be reinterpreted and altered after the failure of 1844.

–A former SDA pastor, Walter Rea, examining the prolific writings of EGW, found that she had plagiarized most of what she had written, including drawings of her “visions†from other authors.

–The SDA Church has yet to reply to his challenge to prove that even 20% of her writings are original.

–The explanation of the SDA Church for her plagiarism, that there were no copyright laws back then does not excuse her “borrowingâ€Â.

–The SDA Church made this statement in their “Ministry†magazine of Oct. 1981 and has never retracted it.

“We believe the revelation and inspiration of both the Bible and Ellen White’s writings to be of equal quality. The superintendence of the Holy Spirit was just as careful and thorough in one case as in the otherâ€Â.

–One former SDA Pastor reported that he was given a choice between the Bible or the writings of EGW. When he chose the Bible, he was excommunicated from the SDA church.

–Ellen G. White’s main emphasis was on diet. She taught “...if we subsist largely upon the flesh of dead animals, we shall partake of their natureâ€Â. (Counsels on Diet & Foods. p. 390 in some editions).

–SDA’s will gloss over the fact that the Apostle Paul had a different view stating, “Eat anything that is sold in the meat market, without asking questions for conscience’ sakeâ€Â. (1 Cor. 10:25)

–Most of Ellen G. White’s concerns over diet were in an effort to control what she considered to be an excessive sex drive in the male.

–She devoted endless pages to discussing “secret vice†(masturbation) and blamed the practice for a wide range of diseases.

â€â€Dr. Kellogg and his brother were influenced by EGW to create their famous cold cereal, not considered to be stimulating.

–Ellen G. White consulted a phrenologist to have the bumps on her head read. This was just another one of her strange “health†views.

–The SDA’s continue to cling to views similar to the Jehovah’s Witnesses, such as “soul sleep†and denying the reality of Hell. Jesus, however, taught more about hellfire than He taught about heaven.

–SDA's won't tell you that their new "Clear Word Bible" is really the teachings of Ellen G. White inserted right into the Bible text, so her heresies appear to be the word of God to the unwary.

–SDA's won't tell you that you will be required to lead a life of incredible legalism, attempting to keep the Old Law Covenant with all its restrictions.

–SDA's won't tell you that they need to rely heavily on the Old Testament since the New Testament teaches the fulfillment of the Law in Jesus Christ. We are now under grace, not the Law.

–SDA's teach that Christ did not completely atone for our sins on the cross of Calvary, in spite of the fact that He cried out "It is finished!". ( John 19:30 ).

–SDA's teach that we will have to stand in the presence of the living God for judgment without a mediator. (The Great Controversy).

–SDA's gloss over 1 John 21, which states "...And if any man sin, we have an advocate (mediator) with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous."

–To try to make their false prophecies on the 2300 days in Daniel work, SDA's misinterpret the Hebrew words "ereb boqer", for "days" into "years". However. these words literally mean "evenings-mornings". Obviously 2300 actual solar days of 24 hourseach, not years as SDA's claim. This spoils 1844 and the “investigative judgment†theories.

IN CONCLUSION

SDA's often make every effort to appear "evangelical", joining in with inter-ministry groups and trying to "blend in" with the Christian community.

However, make no mistake about it, they believe they are exclusively correct because they recognize and follow Ellen G. White. Among themselves, they mock the Christian's beliefs, calling our concept of salvation, "cheap grace". They privately consider themselves to be spiritually superior to the rest of us.

All these facts can be documented.

MacGregor Ministries
Box 294 Nelson B.C. V1L 5P9
Box 454 Metaline Falls WA, 99153-0454

Retrieved from http://caic.org.au/biblebase/sda/macgregor.htm

SDA saved my life on a few occasions...

1. My friend Todd's parents who are SDA's for life gave me 500 USD when I REALLY needed it for school.

2. An SDA man in Napa Valley California let me park my trailor I owned with a foriegn student from Africa on his property for 4 months while we saved up money for school and what not.

He even gave us freee water and electricity for the trailor.

3. My hard core fundy SDA grandparents are the most gentle and loving people I have ever met. They were always there for me in my youth when my parents would get abusive and I would have to leave home.

God Bless them.

4. SDA vegetarians are the longest living people in the WORLD!

Please see this link.

And all you pork eating Sunday keepers thought SDA's were on the wrong tract......

http://www7.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/ ... index.html

Adventists are Longevity All-Stars, says National Geographic Magazine

Wahroonga, New South Wales
Melody Tan

Seventh-day Adventists are not only one of three groups of people around the world with a formula for living longer, but also the only group who are maintaining this longevity edge, according to November’s National Geographic magazine.

Studies by researchers have shown that Adventists in Loma Linda, California are “longevity all-stars†who outlive their American counterparts by about ten years. They “produce a high rate of centenarians, suffer a fraction of the diseases that commonly kill people in other parts of the developed world, and enjoy more healthy years of lifeâ€Â.

According to Jonathan Duffy, director of Adventist Health in the South Pacific, based in Sydney, a large portion of Adventists follow a vegetarian lifestyle and refrain from drinking alcohol, smoking and taking drugs. “This emphasis on healthy living combined with the fact that we take every Saturday off to worship God and re-connect with family and friends is the formula that helps Adventists live longer,†he says.

Mr Duffy also says studies of Adventists living in other developed countries, such as Australia, who follow the same formula would show similar results. “We are not talking about genetics,†he says. “This is all about holistic lifestyle choices.â€Â

>> View our worship section to find out more about our worship style.
>> View our health section to find out more about healthy living.

As far as Sunday worshippers that i have known persoanlly......

1. One stole my truck in a shady car deal and I lost 15,000 USD.

2. One threatened my life and said I was a satanist for no reason other than he didnt like me.

3. My girlfriends parents who are Sunday keeper fundys did nothing about her molestation, her aneroxia and her current health crisis.

4. My girlfriends pastor daughter at a local Sunday church did not even visit my girl in the hospital as she nearly died.

Edited!

Hey! Don't post in Caps!

Thanks,

BB 8-)

Solo,

It seems that all you do is try to start trouble around here with this kind of stuff.

Why not write something POSITIVE about the SDA's for a change.

Solo,

I just read your blasphemy and it really is ignorant of what SDA's believe.

I wonder have you ever even attended one of their services?????

I doubt it!

–As an SDA you will be judged even for “idle moments†where you could have been more obedient.

Bull!

–SDA’s will gloss over the scripture that says “...he who is weak in faith eats vegetables only...†(Romans 14:2).

GOT COLON CANCER?????

–As an SDA you will be encouraged to become a vegetarian.

How terrible. (Bird flu, mad cow, worms, DEATH!!!!)

–SDA’s consider themselves to be the only true, remnant church. All others will be condemned in time.

YEP!

–In spite of revering Ellen G. White, SDA’s won’t ordain women.

I go to LLU and have already heard four women pastors in services....

–SDA’s have attempted to incorporate this false doctrine of Jesus being Michael by manipulation of scriptures, so EGW can be correct in their eyes when she says Michael is an OT name for Jesus. Shades of Jehovah’s Witnesses!

Ever read Jude??????

“We believe the revelation and inspiration of both the Bible and Ellen White’s writings to be of equal quality. The superintendence of the Holy Spirit was just as careful and thorough in one case as in the otherâ€Â.

I guess true prophets are not inspired????

–Most of Ellen G. White’s concerns over diet were in an effort to control what she considered to be an excessive sex drive in the male.

Thisis not true???? Ever overhear conversations in locker rooms?

–The SDA’s continue to cling to views similar to the Jehovah’s Witnesses, such as “sul sleep†and denying the reality of Hell. Jesus, however, taught more about hellfire than He taught about heaven.

AHHHH... MORE FALSE DOCRTRINES OF ETERNAL TORMENT.... YAWNN :roll:

–SDA's won't tell you that you will be required to lead a life of incredible legalism, attempting to keep the Old Law Covenant with all its restrictions.

I have gone to Sabbath school multiple times and nver heard that one yet!

–SDA's won't tell you that they need to rely heavily on the Old Testament since the New Testament teaches the fulfillment of the Law in Jesus Christ. We are now under grace, not the Law.

Uggghhh!

–SDA's gloss over 1 John 21, which states "...And if any man sin, we have an advocate (mediator) with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous."

EVER READ HEBREWS????? I HEARD A SERMON LAST YEAR THAT PROCLAIMED CHRIST AS OUR HIGH PRIEST!

This guy is clueless on what most Adventists feel.....

SDA's are nice people, at least the ones that I have had over to my house. I have attended SDA church services before as the local SDA pastor invited me to attend. I had Ellen G. White's book that they hand out. I can't remember the name of it at present. The evangelist Joe Crews visited with me at my apartment years ago prior to his death. He shared with me that his 10 year old son had died, and that he would see him again in heaven.

I just posted these "facts" to see whether the SDA folks on board had any input. If my SDA friends are being sold a bill of goods, I would like to know so that I can help them if necessary.

Thanks for your concern.

SDA's are good people man.....

Some can be a bit cocky but for the most part they are on the straight and narrow.....

Soma-Sight said:
Solo,

It seems that all you do is try to start trouble around here with this kind of stuff.

And we don't know the half of it, huh? Now maybe we can get a warning from 'outer' space from some one?? :wink:

---John

John the Baptist said:
[quote="Soma-Sight":c49a5]Solo,

And we don't know the half of it, huh? Now maybe we can get a warning from 'outer' space from some one?? :wink:

---John
[/quote:c49a5]
LOL NB, you are a trip. I bet you keep the little lady on her toes.

But hey, didn't we get that warning some 2,000 years ago? ;-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soma, while perusing this thread, I noticed your red-tempered posts with the all-caps responses. Plese edit them before I chop them up myself. 8-) I will be back in a bit to refute some of what you posted. :lol:

It just seems like Adventists take more flack these days than the Mormons....

It is strange if you ask me...

Vic said:
John the Baptist said:
[quote="Soma-Sight":f4da5]Solo,

---John
LOL NB, you are a trip. I bet you keep the little lady on her toes.

But hey, didn't we get that warning some 2,000 years ago? ;-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soma, while perusing this thread, I noticed your red-tempered posts with the all-caps responses. Plese edit them before I chop them up myself. 8-) I will be back in a bit to refute some of what you posted. :lol:[/quote:f4da5]

Is it really Vic??? And I thought that you had missed your calling???
And the Red letters in my K.J. mean that they are the Words of Christ, and you would 'chop them'??? Whats up, no more religious freedom for 'red' letters even by my old friend Vic?????? And Revelation 17:1-5 finds verse 5 in caps in my K.J.

---John

PS: My wife & I have been married 50 yrs. next June. This Sabbath I will be 40 yrs. old 'spiritually'. So, just what are you saying in your remark to me.. 'I bet that you keep the little lady on her toes'??? 'And I am a trip? :crying: Let me just add that we both Love Christ our master VERY MUCH!!! And to stay on 'thread', that means that we 'Keep His Commandments' through His provisions supplied to all that love Him, as seen in Philippians 4:13, huh?
And yes, surely that includes His 7th day Sabbath!

HERESIES EXPOSED
A Brief Critical Examination in the Light of the Holy Scriptures of some of the Prevailing Heresies and False Teachings of Today

Compiled by
WM. C. IRVINE

Loizeaux Brothers, Bible Truth Depot
New York
First Edition, 1917 - Fifteenth Edition 1944

Seventh-Day Adventism
By Wm. C. Irvine and A. McD. Redwood

http://www.biblebelievers.net/Cults/Sev ... csevnh.htm

Errors of Seventh Day Adventism
© by David Cloud

http://www.biblebelievers.net/Cults/Sev ... c7day1.htm

Seventh-Day Adventism
Orthodox or Cult?*

http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/Cul ... dventi.htm

Truth or Fable Ellen G. White and the Seventh Day Adventist Movement

Good information for those who want to know what is wrong with Adventist teachings.

bibleberean said:
HERESIES EXPOSED
A Brief Critical Examination in the Light of the Holy Scriptures of some of the Prevailing Heresies and False Teachings of Today

Compiled by
WM. C. IRVINE

Loizeaux Brothers, Bible Truth Depot
New York
First Edition, 1917 - Fifteenth Edition 1944

Seventh-Day Adventism
By Wm. C. Irvine and A. McD. Redwood

Errors of Seventh Day Adventism
© by David Cloud

Seventh-Day Adventism
Orthodox or Cult?*

http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/Cul ... dventi.htm

Truth or Fable Ellen G. White and the Seventh Day Adventist Movement

Good information for those who want to know what is wrong with Adventist teachings.

Hi, John here. Hold your fort now, OK? I am replying to [your highlighted by me, posted remark]. Nothing personal, but this needs to be thought out I would think, if a person is Born Again??? It seems that you have given your approval to the material, huh? Good Material you say.

Truely, nothing more needs to be said about your 'posts' creditability I would think??? (and that is a suggested question from me)

You say 'good information'? And then you say 'for those who want to know what is wrong with Adventist teachings'. :roll:

Much of SDA doctrine is false. The links are good sources to refute the false teachings of Ellen G. White and the church she founded.

Nothing personal,

Robert

bibleberean said:
Much of SDA doctrine is false. The links are good sources to refute the false teachings of Ellen G. White and the church she founded.

Nothing personal,

Robert

Nothing personal from this end either, other than your posts (plural now) are making a case out of nothing! He said, she said, they said, so they are now good creditable what? Christians???

THE CHURCH THAT SHE FOUNDED? Come on, the 'personal' attack is not against Adventism, but Christ Himself. You give approval by being a 'partaker' of the posted sites, and then your above remarks. See Revelation 22:18-19. Where is the concrete evidence from you?? Perhaps one could be correct? yet, where is your scripture documentation for such statements as.. 'much of the doctrine is false'???

I doubt that you even know the Adventists 'documented' doctrines??? Or even the Bible doctrine such as Ephesians 4:5, ONE FOLD! Or Revelation 18:4,s call to COME WHERE! or the John 10:16's True Virgin Fold with Christ stating that He has sheep in, that He must bring! (out into what?)

Come on in and get your feet wet, and then maybe you will do as Christ commands in Matthew 4:4 and know what real Virgin Truth is???

Jesus founded the church. Ellen G. White founded the SDA...

SDA = cult not the church Christ built.

We indict Seventh-Day Adventism on four main counts, leaving out lesser (though none the less false) theories.

Indictment #1 - Attitude Towards the Atonement
Seventh-Day Adventism denies the Biblical Doctrine of the Atoning Sacrifice of Christ as the only means of man’s salvation.

This is the first serious indictment. We shall prove it from Mrs. White's own writings, so that we may not be accused of misrepresentation or exaggeration:

The ministration of the priests throughout the year in the first apartment of the sanctuary (which sanctuary Mrs. White places in heaven and not on earth!-Ed.) . . . represents the work of ministration upon which Christ entered at His ascension.... For eighteen centuries this work of ministration continued in the first apartment of the sanctuary. The blood of Christ, pleaded in behalf of penitent believers, secured their pardon and acceptance with the Father, yet their sins still remained upon the books of record.-The Great Controversy.

Can it be unreasonable for us to inquire, What in the name of all that's reasonable does this mean? Sins pardoned and yet still on the books!

(a) Seventh-Day Adventism denies the finality of the work of Christ on the cross, hence it makes Christ's last cry on the cross, "It is finished," to be a lie!

Great information BB. Thanks for the links. I remember now some of the things that Joe Crews (SDA Evangilist) taught back when I attended his 30 day crusade in Siloam Springs, Arkansas, and how his teachings didn't seem correct. I was just a new born again Christian at the time and the doctrines that he was teaching threw up the red flag. I see now how the Holy Spirit was protecting me.

Two of his teachings that jarred my memory that the website that you provided were; 1) Seventh-Day Adventism declares Satan to be the joint sin-bearer, and the vicarious substitute of the sinner, and 2)Seventh-Day Adventists teach that the Lord Jesus Christ inherited a sinful, fallen nature.

Thanks again. Hopefully those that are in error will find their way to the truth of Jesus Christ gospel.

Solo said:
Great information BB. Thanks for the links. I remember now some of the things that Joe Crews (SDA Evangilist) taught back when I attended his 30 day crusade in Siloam Springs, Arkansas, and how his teachings didn't seem correct. I was just a new born again Christian at the time and the doctrines that he was teaching threw up the red flag. I see now how the Holy Spirit was protecting me.

Two of his teachings that jarred my memory that the website that you provided were; 1) Seventh-Day Adventism declares Satan to be the joint sin-bearer, and the vicarious substitute of the sinner, and 2)Seventh-Day Adventists teach that the Lord Jesus Christ inherited a sinful, fallen nature.

Thanks again. Hopefully those that are in error will find their way to the truth of Jesus Christ gospel.

Happy to be of service brother! :biggrin

Back