Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Interesting SDA Information - Is this true?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Solo said:
Great information BB. Thanks for the links. I remember now some of the things that Joe Crews (SDA Evangilist) taught back when I attended his 30 day crusade in Siloam Springs, Arkansas, and how his teachings didn't seem correct. I was just a new born again Christian at the time and the doctrines that he was teaching threw up the red flag. I see now how the Holy Spirit was protecting me.

Two of his teachings that jarred my memory that the website that you provided were; 1) Seventh-Day Adventism declares Satan to be the joint sin-bearer, and the vicarious substitute of the sinner, and 2)Seventh-Day Adventists teach that the Lord Jesus Christ inherited a sinful, fallen nature.

Thanks again. Hopefully those that are in error will find their way to the truth of Jesus Christ gospel.

Joe Crews teaches what? :o And a jarred memory??? Does 1 Corinthians 13:11 fit in here anyplace?? wink:
And these posted sites are what Adventist teach, are they Adventists?? And you again with that other posting guy says, he said, they said, she said, huh?

Well, here is a documented sit of what Adventist teach. At least you can quote documented truth, huh?

http://www.adventist.org/beliefs/fundamental/

On another site a poster stated that Adventist were in many doctrines, like catholics. I posted up all of this above site & asked him for just what one or so doctrines they shared in common? He never did post back.

Way too much nothing posted. If there is a doctrine wrong based on scripture, give the scripture to prove such. Surely they do not hold to a burning in hell eternally doctrine, nor a soul that never dies, nor a sun. worship sacredness, OSAS + other false doctrines.

But anyhow, there is your documented site, go highlight & past up where you say that Crews the evangelist makes shipwreck?? bring it back & past it up, if that is the truth? See 2 Corinthians 4:2 if it is not.

---John

Sorry John,

I didn't understand your post so I can't reply to it.

Sincerely,

Robert

Jesus said, "Therefore I tell you, people will be forgiven for every sin and blasphemy, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come." (Matthew 12:31-32 NRSV)

[------ Asks:] Can anybody give me an example of this unforgivable sin? Thanks! [/quote]

Hi, John here: (Israel of old for one! See Matthew 23:38 They became DESOLATE!, & Revelation 3:16-17 for another being 'spewed out'! Sickening. Both are complete denominations)

First: All sin is not the sin unto death! See 1 John 5:16-17. But, 'Christian' mankind must first have a starting point with the 'earnest' of the Holy Spirit given. And before the 'fall' (heaven included) ALL were perfect with NO sin. These were to be tested! (tree in the 'midst' of the garden) Even this fall, was not the sin unto death.

The first example is found in Genesis 4:6-7 for the sin unto death. (on earth) It was the Word (Christ) speaking to Cain. There was no record of Cain not being faithful up to this point? But here we see a 'mature' professed Christian person talking to the Master face to face. (or at least the fullness of Word to word) Remember that he was saved by the offering of the Lamb sacrifice 'in Faith' up until this time.

Notice the above in this setting of James 1:15? Any & all sin is sin, yet, it is not the 'FINISHED' Or the [END] at the START! Got that?? When one makes a MATURE DECISION to violate the Word of God, this is moving towards the (going towards the full cup) sin unto death. We are 'LED' of the Holy Spirit when converted, (Born Again) yet, the FREEDOM of choice is always ours to use! If we steal?? then, we sin. This is still not the sin unto death! Yet, if we steal again & again, we are grieving the one who is trying to lead us! See Romans 8:14. And finally He can convict us no more! It is the same with any of the ten. See James 2:8-12 for the Standard of JUDGEMENT to see if we will be saved or not!

Now: One who is a MATURE Christian does not apply this to just any sinning person. In other words, God includes all humans regardless of if they never claim Christ, or, if they have confessed Christ. When Maturity comes, either way, the person is then & only then saved or lost. The worst of offenders of the Master's Word are [professed] Ministers! (see Luke 12:47-48) Not only do they pass the boundaries of their probation, but they will be judged by far the worse in hells punishment!

This is called the sin of OMISSION. (THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE, OR ARE NOT DOING) Their full cup comes at the passing of the boundaries of the Holy Spirit's trying to 'lead' them to get them to do a 'correcting' of KNOWN FALSE DOCTRINE & OPENLY DONE AND UN/REPENTED SIN IN THEIR DENOMINATIONS! Such as Sunday sacredness, or the Breaking of any one of the ten commandments.

And in the case of the last true Virgin Fold, it is in the lack of the True Agape love for Christ to 'clean up the folds 'open' filth that is clearly seen, and that is daily openly documented! The Shaking or Falling Away has found them, as a 'fold', fallen away first! 1 Peter 4:17 (by the free choice of omission)

Read Genesis 6:3 And you will see that the Holy Spirits work is to [STRIVE WITH MAN!] (both the saved, once saved, & the never saved) Yet, it is God that says that.. "MY SPIRIT WILL NOT ALWAYS STRIVE WITH MAN". When MATURE REBELLION comes, it is not possible for God to reach us! See Hebrews 6:6. If you read ONLY the [POSITIVES] first, you will see that these ones were at one time MADE PARTAKERS OF THE HOLY GHOST!

Peter in 'Inspiration' speaks the Words VERY CLEAR! See 2 Peter 2:19-22.
Verse 19 starts out with these ones 'identification'! They PROMISE THEM LIBERTY. That is what 'Once Saved Always Saved' bottom line is doing! Then Peter tells us that it is not truth! The 'Word' of course is seen in verse 20, that of being OVERCOME. (mature cup, shut door) Again right back to James 1:15, 1 John 5:16-17 & Cain's MATURE dis/obedience.

And again: What does the Virgin Fold teach?? Their Church manual is not the Word of God. Yet, all reformers are eventually 'keyed' out of the church in time, (*Not OPEN SINNERS!) by using their church manual as the devil's tool of force! ... unless they leave freely because of Christ's CALL of Revelation 18:4 to come out of her or be a Partaker of her sins in the first place? Yet, one constantly hears that of promising them Liberty.. stay in the Church, for the Church is going through!!

The simple test for us is.. "IF YE LOVE ME, KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS". (All of them! see Isaiah. 5:3 & verse 7) And this free choice has already been set in concrete for most of the professed christian world ones! See Revelation 17:5.

In John 15 Christ told us an another ETERNAL TRUTH, (other worlds as well!) He says.. "WITHOUT ME YE CAN DO NOTHING". But, if we do not keep His commandments, how can we be, but WITHOUT HIM???

Hope this helps? Psalms 19:13 is another good 'insight' for understanding what presumptuous OPEN sin endangers! We might never know how close David & Saul (Paul) came to this ending? And another?? Last one :fade-in:!
King Saul was given the Holy Spirit of God. And latter on the Holy Spirit was removed from King Saul. Saul had made an excellent start! Yet his FINISH was MATURE with the 'sin unto death'. As stated above, it is the ones who knows to do right, and does it not, that are in the most immediate danger of loosing their salvation!!:cry:

Another example Adventist teach. The final work of Christ on the day of Atonement. Leviticus 16:14 & Leviticus `6:19 tell of a seven times the Blood was to be applied. the time period does apply to the sin against the Holy Ghost. In the next chapter we see in verse 8-9 that all, even a Gentile convert was to be cut off from the people if this Lamb by faith was not offered once the person was mature.

The True Virgin Fold of Israel were given 'seven Times' of from 27-34AD. Or seven years. (see Numbers. 14:34 & Ezekiel. 4:6) This might be a little bit over most heads, but as far as Adventist teachings go, they as a fold had not traveled in their understanding of this all as of yet either! And there is yet another good example of this seen in Daniel, that of Nebuchadnezzar. He was in time, material that God would use & save. He came to full knowledge of what God required, yet he rejected it. He was given 'Seven Times' (years) to finish the transgression. Upon the final time allotted him & he was given back his mind & memory, he repented! And there are many going through their last opportunity today. Look around you.

---John

HERESIES EXPOSED

A Brief Critical Examination in the Light of the Holy Scriptures of some of the Prevailing Heresies and False Teachings of Today

Compiled by
WM. C. IRVINE

Loizeaux Brothers, Bible Truth Depot
New York
First Edition, 1917 - Fifteenth Edition 1944

Seventh-Day Adventism
By Wm. C. Irvine and A. McD. Redwood

Indictment #2 - Satan the Sin-Bearer

Seventh-Day Adventism declares Satan to be the joint sin-bearer, and the vicarious substitute of the sinner.

It was seen also that while the sin-offering pointed to Christ as a sacrifice, and the high priest represented Christ as Mediator, the scapegoat typified Satan, the author of sin, upon whom the sins of the truly penitent will finally be placed. When the high priest by virtue of the blood of the sin-offering removed the sins from the sanctuary, he placed them upon the scapegoat. When Christ, by virtue of His own blood, removes the sins of His people from the heavenly sanctuary at the close of His ministration, He will place them upon Satan, who in the execution of the judgment must bear the final penalty. The scapegoat was sent into a land not inhabited, never to come again into the Congregation of Israel. So will SATAN be forever banished from the presence of God and His people and he will be blotted from existence in the final destruction of sin and the sinner.–The Great Controversy

Dr. D. Anderson-Berry gives but a just estimate of this rigamarole in his book when he says:

We have the choicest doctrine of the Gospel, justification by faith, utterly contemned and set at naught. Nay, more, as if that were not enough to damn their doctrine, they dare to substitute for Christ's finished work on the cross, SATAN'S vicarious suffering in bearing away the sins of the people of God into a land of utter annihilation. It does not lessen, the blasphemous grossness of the idea to say that it is wholly imaginary, the figment of the addled brain of a hysterical woman. It merely explains it!

If ever there was a "damnable heresy" (see 2 Peter 2: 1) surely it is here! Mrs. White professes to found all this teaching on Leviticus 23 and the book of Daniel. We confidently hand both books, yea, the whole Bible itself, to any mature, sane-thinking Christian and challenge him to find anywhere in the whole sixty-six books of the Divine Library, one jot or tittle of evidence or proof (set forth according to fundamental and eternal principles of exegesis), for such consummate trash. It seems an insult to offer such stuff for the serious consideration of a reasonable mind.

Hi, seeing that most likely no one will reply? How about doing me a favor & going back to your pasted post, and hit the bold & even the blue on all of this? Even the print is to small for an old man like me to read. Thanks! ---John

Jesus founded the church. Ellen G. White founded the SDA...

SDA = cult not the church Christ built.

BB,

Why are 95% of your posts totally negative I wonder?????

Why have you not shown how the SDA Church is the healthiest in the world?

Why have you not shown that the SDA Church is a leader in the health professions?

Why have you not shown that the SDA Church is in front of all other churches in the Mission field?

Why have you not mentioned that the SDA Church has good fruits?

In the time you spend spewing venom in your 5,000 plus posts the SDA Church continues fighting the good fight as shown below......

Mission to the World

Countries and Areas of the World as Recognized by the United Nations

Countries and Areas of the World in Which Seventh-day Adventists Operate

Divisions

Union Conferences and Missions

Local Conferences and Missions

Education Program

Total Schools

Tertiary Institutions

Worker Training Institutions

Secondary Schools

Primary Schools

Total Enrollment

Tertiary Institutions

Worker Training Institutions

Secondary Schools

Primary Schools

Food Industries 27

Health Ministry

Hospitals and Sanitariums

Nursing Homes, Retirement Centers

Clinics and Dispensaries

Orphanages and Children's Homes

Airplanes and Medical Launches

Outpatient Visits

Media Centers 8

Publishing Work

Publishing Houses and Branches

Literature Evangelists, Credentialed and Licensed

Languages Used in Publications

Sabbath Schools (Bible study classes)

Sabbath Schools

Sabbath School Membership

Contributions In US Dollars
Tithe
$1,161,698,944

Tithe Per Capita
$100.03

Sabbath School Mission Offering
$44,554,258

Ingathering
$8,705,294

Total Tithe and Offering
$1,772,879,408

Total tithe and Offering Per Capita
$152.66

Adventist Development and Relief Agency International (ADRA)

Countries and Areas of the World Where ADRA is Involved

Total Projects Funded

Development

Relief

Beneficiaries of Projects

Value of Total Aid
$110,059,120

Why have you not shown that the SDA Church is in front of all other churches in the Mission field?
I believe if I take the time to reaserch I'd find the RCC and SBC above them but...

It's not about bragging rights Soma. I have stressed this over and over again. Jesus is appalled at this kind of mindset. We are called to do the will of the Father on Earth not by bragging, but with a humble heart.

I believe if I take the time to reaserch I'd find the RCC and SBC above them but...

It's not about bragging rights Soma. I have stressed this over and over again. Jesus is appalled at this kind of mindset. We are called to do the will of the Father on Earth not by bragging, but with a humble heart.

Vic,

You and I both know that the SDA's get blasted all the time on these forums.....

And they really are not a bad Church!

You dont hear about pedophile priests or Church extortion in thier ranks.

Thats why I just get a little tired of hearing how they are "ministers of Satan" all the time.

And it is true that QUANTITY of mission work may be lower than some other behemoth organizations like RCC but the overall PERCENTAGE of funds used to evangelize and set up health centers in third world countries is very high indeed.

This is mainly due to the fact that a vast percentage of Adventists are doctors or in the health professions.

Ellen G. Whites false teacings.

learn the truth about the roots of the cult of Seventh Day Adventism.

WAS THE PLAN OF SALVATION MADE AFTER THE FALL?

http://www.biblebelievers.com/SDA/SDA1.html#1-a

EGW = Ellen G White

EGW â€â€YES: "The kingdom of grace was instituted immediately after the fall of man, when a plan was devised for the redemption of the guilty race." (Great Controversy, p.347).

BIBLE  NO: "Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you." (1 Pet 1:18-20).

BIBLE  NO: "According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love." (Eph 1:4).

NOTE: The Gospel of salvation through grace by faith in Jesus Christ was already in existence before the creation of this world. EGW contradicts the Bible by claiming the plan of salvation was devised after the fall of Adam and Eve.

Ellen G. White was a false prophet and a false teacher.

Knowing the truth is a liberating and positive thing for those who love it. :biggrin

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

The Mormons and Jehovah's Witness cults are very involved in missions. That fact does not make them any less a false Christian cult.

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

The Mormons and Jehovah's Witness cults are very involved in missions. That fact does not make them any less a false Christian cult.

And they are all going to hell!!!! :oops:

And your Sunday worship derives from the pagan cult of the Sun!!!!

And we all know how "hot" the Sun is!!!! :oops:

Hopefully you repent and dont find yourself in the company of all those other cults on the Last Day!

lol :angel:

The History of Sunday Worship

Worshiping on Sunday did not begin with the advent of Christianity; it was a religious day of worship two thousand years before Jesus Christ.

Shortly after the flood of Noah, Nimrod and his mother-wife, Semiramis, founded the great pagan religions. From its beginning at the tower of Babel, sun-worship spread through the entire ancient world.

History tells us that all religions, except the true religion of the God of the Bible, originated in Babylon. It is admitted by most Bible scholars and historians that the gods and goddesses of the ancient civilizations were all a part of the same religious belief system.

However, the names of the various deities were different because of the confusing of the languages at the tower of Babel (Gen.10 & 11). See also "The Two Babylons," by Alexander Hislop. This amazing book historically documents sun-worship as the leading religion in all the ancient civilizations:

"Fire was worshiped as the enlightener and purifier. Now, it was thus at the very beginning; for Nimrod is singled out by the voice of antiquity as commencing the fire-worship" (The Two Babylons, Alexander Hislop, p. 226).

All the pagan religions, with their many and varied gods and goddesses, worshiped the sun as their main deity. Moreover, sun-worship is the direct worship of Satan the Devil under the symbolism of worshiping the sun. One of the names of Satan in the Old Testament is Lucifer, which means "lightbringer." This was Satan's name before his rebellion against God (Isa.14:12-14).

FIRE-WORSHIP

Fire-worship was only one form of sun-worship that was actually Satan worship.

"The sun, as the great source of light and heat, was worshiped under the name of Baal; . . .the sun, under that name was worshiped in the earliest ages of the world. . ." (ibid. p. 226).

"The beginning, then, of sun-worship and of the worship of the host of heaven, was a sin against the light [of God and his Word], a presumptuous, heaven-daring sin" (ibid. p. 226).

Ancient Israel not only transgressed the Sabbath of God (profaned and secularized it) when they worshiped Baal they also observed Sunday, because Baal worship is sun-worship and Sun-day is the day when the sun is worshiped.

"Baal" is from the ancient Hebrew language and means "lord." Therefore, Sun-day is Baal's day, or the lord's day. But, that lord is not the Lord God of the Bible, rather, it is the lord Satan. Satan is called the god of this world (2.Cor.4:4), and is worshiped as god by those who have been deceived into believing his lies.

Vic said:
I believe if I take the time to research I'd find the RCC and SBC above them but...

Vic, John here:
How do you know that the post was for 'individual' bragging rights??? Can you read this poster's heart? (mind) And is he even an Adventist???

I just posted his posted figures up on another site, not to be bragging, for you know that there is no way that I could be an adventist!
Yet, on the site that I posted these figures on, there was one poster who told me that Adventist had doctrines like the Mother of Harlots of Revelation 17:1-5. (bottom line)

So, I posted up all of the documented doctrines of the
Adventist church
& asked for him to pick any one doctrine of the 27 for comparison. So far, no response! Surely God wants & expects us to be creditable.

So? I sent this short post of Soma's for the comparison.

I have a problem seeing how documented evidence is bragging rights??? (Yes, surely if you are talking of your own works & deeds, in most cases)

Yet, the 'fruit' of a tree is to be seen, is it not? Either good or bad. It seems to me that for one not to post up these things, would be giving the enemy a clear advantage. And that works both ways for God as I see it.

Just an off topic comparison: I post up on a site of mine that 123 is a good site for freedom from censor! Am I bragging? Sure, when I see it differently, that will be known also.

Back to the thought: How else can one compare Israel of old with the Virgin of Adventism of today?? Such as Christ's Words of the repeat of Matthew 23:15! Or even having an old woman prophetess? Luke 2:36

And even telling of why Adventist are having all of this Spirit of Prophecy success. (it is all layed out like a map for them!) You do know that there was, and is, another 100.000 member (only) seventh day Sabbath keeping fold who would not accept the Spirit of Prophecy and broke away after 1844, yet, still keeping most of the doctrines in tack? And why the difference in converts over the years from 100.000 as compared to around 13 million??? What is the reason for that? (that is where we might disagree :wink: )

Soma-Sight said:

Vic,

You and I both know that the SDA's get blasted all the time on these forums.....

And they really are not a bad Church!

You dont hear about pedophile priests or Church extortion in thier ranks.

Thats why I just get a little tired of hearing how they are "ministers of Satan" all the time.

And it is true that QUANTITY of mission work may be lower than some other behemoth organizations like RCC but the overall PERCENTAGE of funds used to evangelize and set up health centers in third world countries is very high indeed.

This is mainly due to the fact that a vast percentage of Adventists are doctors or in the health professions.
I'm not certain how making a defense of the SDAs by blasting the Catholics puts you in any better stead than the Fundamentalists you have been battling with.

In point of fact, my pet peeve with SDAs is the way they savage the Catholic Church, then gripe when Protestants savage them.

Rather than make a second response, I'd like to briefly address the Sunday worship issue: In the post you make on page three, it alleges that Sunday worship began 2000 years before Christ. Of course, the rest of the world was not following the Jewish 7 day week at that time, so this is obviously, egregiously in error. Secondly, the reason for worship on the first day is because Jesus historically, demonstrably rose on the first day. The worship of Him on His day of resurrection clearly has origins long predating Constantine's alleged Mithraic influence.

In short, SDAs have it right to emphasize the need for Sabbath as a continuing command... but their rant against first day worship is anal retentive, inaccurate, and just plain stupid. God should be worshipped everyday and anyday. There is good cause to Sabbath on Seventh day, and there is good cause to worship on Resurrection day.

It is pathetic that SDAs must advance their ordinal dispute by slandering the Catholics. The SDAs in this matter have earned a seat of contempt at the table with the soulless and self-congratulating Fundamentalists.

False doctrine. That is what the Adventists have.

1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

Solo said:
Facts Seventh-day Adventists
Won’t Tell You at Their Seminars

“SDA’s won’t always tell you that it is the SDA church that is sponsoring the seminars.

Nonsense. If you actually look for directions, it usually tells you that it is at the 'so and so Seventh Day Adventist church.' Even if it isn't, it is not some sort of secret conspiracy of silence to draw unsuspecting members into our 'cult'.

I have heard this nonsense spouted in this way many times and it is laughable

[quote:adb61]SDA’s consider themselves to be the only true, remnant church. All others will be condemned in time.

Though there maybe some of the fringe that believe this, we believe in a 'remnant people with a remnant message' from from many, many faiths. I haven't met too many Adventists that believe that that it is only the SDA church that will make its way to glory.

More nonsense.

SDA’s will make your salvation dependent on observing the Saturday Sabbath, worshipping with them

This is misleading. The church's stance with the mark of the beast is the ultimate battle of obedience between observing Sunday or remaining true to Sabbath. Hence, according to Revelation 13, one's fate will hang in the balance once a Sunday law is enacted and people are forced to worship. No one has the mark of the beast now, nor does worshipping on Sunday mean that you aren't saved.

This may sound crazy to some of you but it is not any crazier then some of the other crack-pot apocalyptic views on Revelation that are out there.

If you receive Christ as your Savior through SDA’s, only your past sins are forgiven by grace up to that point.

'Through SDAs'? That sounds ludicrous. Anyway, all our sins are forgiven but do you not think that confession and repentance is necessary for sins and backsliding in the future? What denomination (other than OSAS) doesn't teach that we will sin in the future and 'need a savior'?

As an SDA you now enter a period of “investigative judgment†where every deed you do or don’t do is recorded for judgment day.

I don't care for his premises like 'through SDAs' and 'as an SDA'. They are not necessary and make things sound 'ominous' or 'elitist'. This is not the case.

Anyway, the bible makes it clear that what we do can be used against us and that what we say is being recorded. However, this doesn't mean that it is not forgiven or will be used against us. 'There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus'

As an SDA you will be judged even for “idle moments†where you could have been more obedient

Well, I guess that it doesn't matter to everyone else as these comments seem to only apply if you 'are an SDA' :roll:

We should always make good use of our time. However, to say that this will be held against us in judgement if quite rigid. I believe that many of the conservative folk of many churches would say the same thing but the mainstream don't really believe this.

As an SDA you will be encouraged to become a vegetarian.

Not always the case though vegetarianism is promoted in our church. I fail to see how there is anything wrong with this as the world seems to have caught up with the SDA church on the strong health benefits of being a vegetarian. I haven't been under any pressure.

The reasons people try and use against us to call us 'cultic' is getting more and more foolish as time goes on.

SDA’s will gloss over the scripture that says “...he who is weak in faith eats vegetables only...†(Romans 14:2)

No. We look at the verse in context. The issue wasn't meat eating or vegetarianism but those who refused to eat meat for ceremonial uncleanliness or food sacrificed to idols. The 'weak in faith' has nothing to do with eating meat or veggies but those who can't distinguish between what is real and what is fake (wooden idols) that they make a big deal out of eating the meat.

SDA’s will expect you to revere their founding prophetess, Ellen G. White, viewing her as having the “spirit of prophecy†referred to in the Bible book of Revelation.

She has great insight and counsel. 'revere'? Sounds like worship and though there are some in our church who may, that is not even her counsel for us to do so.

In spite of revering Ellen G. White, SDA’s won’t ordain women.

So won't many other churches. EGW wasn't a pastor or ordained and even in the Bible you had prophetesses and women who held high positions who still followed the rules of not being ordained or entering the priesthood.

SDA’s won’t tell you that EGW is a proven false prophetess. Her embarrassing early writings have been altered to cover this up

There is no coverup. This is nonsense. There is much that people use to promote this claim from her regular writings nevermind some sort of 'cover-up'. What you see is what you get. Take it for what it is. How one views a 'prophet' can determine whether or not someone is 'false' or not.

SDA’s won’t tell you that they once denied the Trinity. Left over from that time period is the heresy that Jesus Christ is Michael.

No hidden agenda. Some of the early Adventist leaders (before there was an Adventist church) were semi-arianism. Considering the anti-trinitarians on this forum, I fail to see how the SDA church in its early history should be considered 'cultic' or have this used against them when we believe in the trinity today. There is strong scriptural evidence based on titles that show that Michael could very well be Christ's heavenly name. Was He always called Jesus Christ? This was His earthly name given for an earthly purpose.

SDA’s won’t tell you that an early Adventist (Nelson H. Barbour) co-published with the founder of the Jehovah’s Witnesses. Both proved to be false prophets. False date-setting caused them to part company.

In all of my studies, I haven't come across this name. Don't get the SDA church confused with early Adventist preachers. The church wasn't formed until the 1860s. Much doctrine was formulated, rehashed, changed, thrown out and discovered for the previous 20+years.

SDA’s won’t tell you that early Adventists expected the literal second coming of Christ in 1843 and 1844 only to be disappointed.
–SDA’s won’t tell you that their 1844 “investigative judgment†teaching was born out of an attempt to cover over this false prophecy. Instead of repenting over this false date, the claim was made that Christ really came, but INVISIBLY in heaven.

–Their founder, Ellen G. White, prior to the failed prophecy, taught that the door to salvation was shut. This had to be reinterpreted and altered after the failure of 1844.

Crap, crap crap....The record is all there to see and Millerism is not SDAism.
As I said before, the church (yes even EGW 'gasp'!!!) were changing their minds about doctrine as they studied further. This is part of the problem. So many (both SDA and non-SDA alike) try to make EGW infallible in all theology and interepretation. This wasn't her role. Her role was to uplift and edify the body of Christ and give special insight. She admitted her short comings and told people not to elevate her to the status of the bible.

The fault is not with EGW.

A former SDA pastor, Walter Rea, examining the prolific writings of EGW, found that she had plagiarized most of what she had written, including drawings of her “visions†from other authors.

The plagarism aspect has been admitted to by EGW and dealt with many times over and over and over again.

–One former SDA Pastor reported that he was given a choice between the Bible or the writings of EGW. When he chose the Bible, he was excommunicated from the SDA church.

HAHAHAH!!!! I sure would like to know what group he belonged to. Nowhere in the history of any 'excommunication' have I heard such a preposterous thing.

I highly doubt it...

Ellen G. White’s main emphasis was on diet. She taught “...if we subsist largely upon the flesh of dead animals, we shall partake of their natureâ€Â. (Counsels on Diet & Foods. p. 390 in some editions).

And....?? Science is showing us that our animal meat is horribly polluted and we'd be better off not eating it. Even medical doctors will tell us the same thing. What's the big deal?

Again, the great, ridiculous lengths people will go to...

Most of Ellen G. White’s concerns over diet were in an effort to control what she considered to be an excessive sex drive in the male.

Umm...no. However, what we eat will effect those areas.

She devoted endless pages to discussing “secret vice†(masturbation) and blamed the practice for a wide range of diseases.

I have read maybe three pages of such counsel. So what's the big deal? Many of our other Christian writers do the same. I admit the disease part does sound strange but isn't she entitled to her opinion. Do you make her infallible? Is she saying that this is straight from a vision or that we must believe it to be saved?

The SDA’s continue to cling to views similar to the Jehovah’s Witnesses, such as “soul sleep†and denying the reality of Hell. Jesus, however, taught more about hellfire than He taught about heaven.

No only are these views even more biblical then the mainstream alternative, but many scholars have come to the same conclusion upon studying these doctrines. Great and respected theologians such as Oscar Cullman, John Stott, Edward Fudge and Clark Pinnock readily admit to these truths and abandoned the traditional view.

SDA's won't tell you that their new "Clear Word Bible" is really the teachings of Ellen G. White inserted right into the Bible text, so her heresies appear to be the word of God to the unwary.

Oh please. It is a paraphrase from an Adventist perspective but it is not twisted around or skewed anymore than other paraphrase editions. These are not the 'teachings of EGW'. Such paranoid conspiracy nonsense only makes these claims more laughable.

SDA's won't tell you that you will be required to lead a life of incredible legalism, attempting to keep the Old Law Covenant with all its restrictions.

We say nothing of the sort. I think many of you who have debated with us on this forum know where our church stands on the issue. Such clap-trap isn't even worth responding to.

SDA's won't tell you that they need to rely heavily on the Old Testament since the New Testament teaches the fulfillment of the Law in Jesus Christ. We are now under grace, not the Law

Excrement. We are all saved by grace just like everybody else. More claptrap.

SDA's teach that Christ did not completely atone for our sins on the cross of Calvary, in spite of the fact that He cried out "It is finished!". ( John 19:30 )

Nonsense.

SDA's teach that we will have to stand in the presence of the living God for judgment without a mediator. (The Great Controversy).

If we have abandoned Christ, we have no mediator. The saved do. This sounds like taking it out of context.

SDA's gloss over 1 John 21, which states "...And if any man sin, we have an advocate (mediator) with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous."

Feces. This is complete nonsense and a total falsehood.

To try to make their false prophecies on the 2300 days in Daniel work, SDA's misinterpret the Hebrew words "ereb boqer", for "days" into "years". However. these words literally mean "evenings-mornings". Obviously 2300 actual solar days of 24 hours each, not years as SDA's claim. This spoils 1844 and the “investigative judgment†theories

I have my personal misgivings about this doctrine but what church DOES have the truth on apocalyptic theology? As a sola scriptura church, we should look at what jives and what doesn't. Many of our scholars are coming to the same conclusions.

All these facts can be documented.
[/quote:adb61]

I doubt that. At best, they are misconstrued, taken out of context and falsely applied to every SDA.

This is mostly claptrap and I hope that you don't take everything spoken against SDAs hook line and sinker like this garbage.

guibox said:
There is strong scriptural evidence based on titles that show that Michael could very well be Christ's heavenly name.
There is zero scriptural evidence for such. But since you made the claim, perhaps you can provide this "evidence". Besides, Michael is an archangel which means that he is a created being. This is Arianism.

Free said:
guibox said:
There is strong scriptural evidence based on titles that show that Michael could very well be Christ's heavenly name.
There is zero scriptural evidence for such. But since you made the claim, perhaps you can provide this "evidence". Besides, Michael is an archangel which means that he is a created being. This is Arianism.

Archangel is a created being??? Verses please! See Revelation 22:18-19 & Ecclesiastes 3:14 for Christs's Words.

---John

Daniel 10:13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.

Jesus is King of kings and Lord of lords. He is God.

Hebrews 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Hebrews 1:13 But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?

Jesus is not a fabrication of the Advenist cult.

Free said:
guibox said:

Daniel 10:13, 21 and 12:1; Jude 1:9 and Revelation 12:7 are the only texts that mention "Michael" in this context. If you study these texts carefully you will find that they are all in reference to heavenly places or heavenly beings.

Also, Jesus is the Chief Prince. Israel had many princes who were in charge of their tribes. But above them all was Michael, the Chief Prince. Notice that even Peter calls Jesus "Prince". He is the Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6-7 also tells us that Jesus is the Prince of Peace.

Nowhere in the Bible is a regular angel called a prince.

1 Thess. 4:16 and Jude 1:9 are the only texts to show us that Michael and the Archangel are the same person. "Arch" means leader, or head of. Jesus is Leader and Head of the angels. And Jesus is the One who is coming at the head of all the angels in His second coming. It is His voice, the voice of the Archangel, that He will use to call the righteous to life (John 11:25). 1 Thessalonians is a strong link between the arch angel and Jesus.

"Angel" only means "messenger". Well, Jesus is a messenger. We find again where the New Testament confirms this concept of God and Jesus being called "angel" since they gave messages. We know that Exodus 3:4 is very plain about who was in the burning bush and who it was who was talking to Moses. It was God. Yet, listen to what Stephen said when Stephen was filled with the Holy Spirit. "He (Moses) was sent to be their ruler and deliverer by God himself, through the angel who appeared to him in the bush." Acts 7:35

Again, in Exodus 19:20 it is God who "descended to the top of Mount Sinai and called Moses to the top of the mountain." Again, listen to Stephen as he spoke by the Holy Spirit. "He (Moses) was in the assembly in the desert, with the angel who spoke to him on Mount Sinai, and with our fathers; and he received living words (Ten Commandments) to pass on to us." Acts 7:38

Now comes the positive proof that Jesus, God, is called an Angel in the Bible. Look at Genesis 48:15, 16. "...The God who has been my shepherd (Jesus)..., the Angel who has delivered me from all harm..." (NIV)

The word "Michael" means One "who is like God". Yes, Jesus is God in every way.

Remember, "angel" only means "messenger". These beings are "messengers" and so they are the most commonly understood concept for "angel".

Michael, is the "Arch" Angel. He is the "Head" Message Giver. Jesus is the Leader of the messengers (1 Peter 3:22). Messages that come from the Father go through Jesus who then gives them to the angels, or messengers, to give to us. But sometimes, Jesus Himself will give the message. Revelation 1:1, 8

Much of this was taken from this website.

http://www.jcpm.com/michael-jesus.htm

'Arch angel' is a title. It doesn't mean a created being. Christ was not created. The Bible doesn't say that Michael was either.

Jesus is a prince because He will soon show who is King of kings and Lord of Lords when He is given the Kingdoms of the earth.

The angels do not inherit the earth nor are they God who is from everlasting.

Micah 5:2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

Jesus can say this but no created angel can say this.

Revelation 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Satan is not the brother of Jesus.

Back