Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Interesting SDA Information - Is this true?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
bibleberean said:
Daniel 10:13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.

Jesus is King of kings and Lord of lords. He is God.

Hebrews 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Hebrews 1:13 But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?

Jesus is not a fabrication of the Advenist cult.

There is nothing there!???? More like 2 Corinthians 4:2
---John

The Seventh Day Adventist cult

http://www.biblebelievers.com/SDA/SDA1.html#1-c

SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST’S CLAIM

Seventh-day Adventists claim to be people of the Bible and that their beliefs are supported by Scripture. They reject the Roman Catholic Church beliefs such as, praying to Mary and the saints, the confessional, rosary, holy water, the Pope as head of the church, etc. They reject Joseph Smith and his book of Mormon, they reject Mary Baker Eddy and her book Science and Health with Keys to Scripture. They reject the Jehovah’s Witnesses, which have the Watchtower to guide them. SDA’s reject all beliefs that cannot be supported by the Bible. The paradox is, that the church accepts Ellen White's additions to the Bible and her contradictions without question. And then, like any other cult, expects members to do likewise. The SDA church insists all these additions and contradictions came straight from God, thus making God a part of their deception.

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?

The Seventh-day Adventist Church tell us: "The writings of Mrs. White were never designed to be an addition to the canon of Scripture. They are, nevertheless, the messages of God to the remnant church and should be received as such as were the messages of the prophets of old. As Samuel was a prophet to Israel in his day, as Jeremiah was a prophet to Israel in the days of the captivity, as John the Baptist came as a special messenger of the Lord to prepare the way for Christ’s appearing, so we believe that Mrs. White was a prophet to the Church of Christ today. And the same as the messages of the prophets were received in olden times, so her messages should be received at the present time." (Review and Herald, October 4, 1928).

Note: Christians accept the writing of the prophets, Samuel, Jeremiah, as inspired by God and their writings as Holy Scripture. To follow what the SDA Church tells its members, then those who believe that Ellen White is inspired would have to regard her writings as Scripture, the same way, as they do the Bible prophets. But the church tells them her writings are not "an addition to the canon of Scripture!" Does this confuse you? If you understand how it is possible, please explain it to me!

[b]Now, here is something![/b]

There is nothing created that Christ was not involved in [as God]. (other world's'!) The Gospel is Everlasting as with the Covenant. Everlasting in this context means 'Immortal' with no beginning or ending! Prov. talks about the 'future'! Christ playing as a lad. What was brought 'forth' was the 'plan of salvation'. The GodHead had for/ordained that Christ would become the Son. The PLAN CAME FORTH when it was pre/ordained to be brought forth.

In heaven itself the rebellion started. Lucifer was the covering cherub over the [MERCY SEAT.] (Everlasting Gospel) Under the Mercy Seat was the Ark of God, where in were the Everlasting Covenant. (10 Commandments) The GodHead was not in eternity taken by surprise. They knew that the PLAN OF SALVATION would be required to be BROUGHT FORTH!

Notice in Psalms 2:7 future tense.. "[I will make the decree]: the [Lord hath said unto *me], THOU ART *MY SON; [THIS *DAY HAVE I *BEGOTTEN THEE]." Surely that is clear? But what day in the future is it stated that Christ was begotten??

In Heb. 1:2 we see that .. "Hath in the last days spoken unto us by His Son, (But notice this!) ... by whom also He [MADE THE WORLDS]: (plural)

and in verse 5?? We see Psalms 2:7 is now past/tense! "For unto which of the angels said He at any time, Thou art my Son, [THIS DAY HAVE I BEGOTTEN THEE?]"

So the GodHead were, & always will be the GODHEAD! God the Son as we know Him became God the Son at conception by the Holy Ghost! See Psalms 139:15-16. It was the PLAN that had its beginning on 'earth', yet never was 'eternity' with out the known plan. OK??

---John

http://www.biblebelievers.com/SDA/SDA2.html#2-h

Ellen G. Whites false visions

Her False Vision About the Planets

Elder Joseph Bates first met Elder White and his wife in 1846. He was keeping the Sabbath, and urged it upon them. Neither saw any great importance in it at first, but nominally accepted it to please Bates, as it was important to gain his influence. Mrs. White was having visions which Bates did not believe were of God; but they were anxious to convince him that they were genuine. Bates had been a sea captain, and had consequently studied the stars; had, in fact, become enthusiastic about astronomy, which Mrs. White assured him she had no prior knowledge of.

In the presence of Mrs. White and others he had often talked about the different planets, their positions, moons, and the "opening heavens." Mrs. White seemed to pay no attention to the subject, or to have any interest in it. But soon she had a vision about the various planets, which is thus told by Elder Loughborough on page 258 of his book, The Great Second Advent Movement:

"One evening at a conference in Topsham, Maine, in 1846, in the house of Mr. Curtis, and in the presence of Elder (Captain) Bates, who was yet undecided in regard to these manifestations, Mrs. White, while in vision, began to talk about the stars, giving a glowing description of the rosy-tinted belts which she saw across the surface of some planet, and added, ‘I see four moons.’ ‘Oh,’ said Elder Bates, ‘she is viewing Jupiter.’

Then, having made motions as though traveling through space, she began giving descriptions of belts and rings in their ever-varying beauty, and said, ‘I see eight moons.’ ‘She is describing Saturn.’ Next came a description of Uranus with its six moons, then a wonderful description of the ‘opening heavens’."

This was sufficient, and accomplished its purpose. Elder Bates was convinced, and became a firm believer in the visions.

Here is a letter written by Mrs. Truesdale, who was present when Mrs. White received her "solar system" vision:

"Sister White was in very feeble health, and while prayers were offered in her behalf, the Spirit of God rested upon us. We soon noticed that she was insensible to earthly things. This was her first view of the planetary world. After counting aloud the moons of Jupiter, and soon after those of Saturn, she gave a beautiful description of the rings of the latter. She then said, ‘The inhabitants are a tall, majestic people, so unlike the inhabitants of earth. Sin has never entered here’."

Maybe is YOU read EGW writings instead of cutting and pasting crap from people who obviously have an axe to grind and take a lot of things out of context - with an open mind (though for you that seems to be impossible) - you might come to the conclusion that she was not the charlatan that you are espousing.

I always see, on topics like this, that people do never come to their own conclusions but jump on the backs of others who are obviously out to get someone who cannot even defend themselves (not that she would if she could because she would most likely think that arguing over some of these things only helps one being's ends, and that being is not Jesus).

Anyway, guibox has answered those false claims made by BB in the opening post to a very high standard and I can see that no-one has refuted to any great degree. Good effort, guibox.

So, if someone would like to bring some problems that have some basis in fact, then that would be much appreciated.

Rad.

http://www.biblebelievers.com/SDA/SDA3.html#3-a

Quote on World Population
"The human family was presented before me, enfeebled. Every generation has been growing weaker, and disease of every form visits the human race.... Satan's power upon the human family increases. IF THE LORD SHOULD NOT SOON COME AND DESTROY HIS POWER, THE EARTH WOULD SOON BE DEPOPULATED." (E.G. White, Testimony No.8, p.94, in Spiritual Gifts III-IV, Battle Creek, Steam Press, 1864, emphasis supplied).

According to the Korea Times of May 14, 1998 the world population began the century at 1.6 billion and will hit 6 billion before the year 2000. Should the world last, population experts fear that there may be as many as 27 billion people living on the face of this planet by the year 2150. Are we facing a problem of DEPOPULATION or OVERPOPULATION?

If this prophecy was wrong, how many of her other prophecies, like the ones in the Great Controversy, are also wrong?

I fail to see the problem here. So it hasn't happened yet. It could still be a future event. The Bible tells us that plagues and pestilence will hit the Earth. Is it incomprehensible that the world's population is going to be dropping in the future? I think not.

Rad.

P.S. They still have no cure or preventative measure for this bird flu that is in the headlines at the moment.

http://www.biblebelievers.com/SDA/SDA3.html#3-a

More Bible Contradictions

Can Ministers eat meat?

Ellen G. White: "Let not any of our ministers set an evil example in the eating of flesh-meat. Let them and their families live up to the light of health reform. Let not our ministers animalize their own nature and the nature of their children." (Spalding and Magan, p.211).

Holy Bible: "And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover (lamb) with you before I suffer:" (Luke 22:15).

NOTE: The traditional passover dinner which Jesus ate with His disciples included eating a roasted lamb: "And they shall eat the flesh in that night, roast with fire, and unleavened bread; and with bitter herbs they shall eat it." (Exodus 12:8).

When Elijah was by the brook Cherith, "… the ravens brought him bread and flesh in the morning, and bread and flesh in the evening; and he drank of the brook." (1 Kings 17:6).

Why did God feed Elijah with bread and "flesh" if that would set an "evil example"? Why not bread and cucumbers; or bread and carrots?

Friend:sad?)
Do not be toooo concerned with the Revelation 17:1-5 ones doing the last work for their mother. Christ has told you in advance what the outcome would be :fadein:. See His Words in Matthew 10:25. Do not be so concerned, for the ending might find perhaps even one of these that will obey Christ's call of Revelation 18:4. ??

Just put yourself in their position (1 Corinthians 6:9-11) with the Holy Spirit STRIVING with you? If you were they, how would you 'post' to any when they hear for their last time perhaps, that their sun worship is flawed, that Christ will not save any living [in] sin, that when ones dies, that they are asleep, and that the O.S.A.S. doctrine is satans claim, not Christ's Truth?

See Luke 12:47-48 for the worse of earths professed christian ones fate! And that when they are resurrected, that if it is the second resurrection, they will die the second death and be ETERNALLY GONE! Obadiah 1:16 And that these ones will never be in heaven except by their earthly record books?? And that time is almost arrived!

We do understand that many on earth are 'kicking against the pricks' for the very last time. See Acts 9:4-6, compare Genesis 6:3. And 1 Thessalonians 5:19 & Ephesians 4:30. What was Saul doing at that time?? Still there was hope! Yet, true, he had to at [that time]make the right DECISION! One might not know it, but Saul truly was trembling!

It is these ones making the wrong fatal free choice that will be as Cain in Genesis 4:7 with a new desire who will do their mother's fold evil work of enforcing the Mark of the beast's sun worship. Remember that this is all that their mommie is waiting for. These ones are 'closing their door for the last time' (see Matthew 25:10-12)

Also remember, that all true jesuits & cults, (and you can be sure that the devil has infiltrated all folds with his jesuits as Christian fake) shift the Eternal Covenant Conditions to only 1/2 gospel promises. Always by attacking a person instead of explaining the Inspiration quoted, such as Daniel 7:25. And Christ's Words.. "If ye Love Me, KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS". Yes, all of His Eternal Covenant Commandments, including His 7th Day Sabbath Memorial!

---John

Seeing that the dead past prophet E.G. White of the Adventist church has become so well publicly bashed, I thought that I would post some of her thought from Early Writings pg.. 273-4 in part only. Here we see the Revelation 17:5 ones, who are called the ABOMINATION OF THE EARTH (in caps) for the simple reason that, is what they have become. Be sure to ask yourself if this is not exactly as you see in everyday openly documented print, & in the world T.V. news of today.

"I saw that since the second angel proclaimed (see Revelation 14:6-10) the fall of the churches, they have been growing more and more corrupt. They bear the name of being Christ's followers; yet it is impossible to distinguish them from the world. Ministers take their texts from the Word of God, but preach smooth things. ... there is nothing in the popular ministry that stirs the wrath of Satan, makes the sinner tremble, or applies to the heart and conscience the fearful realities of the judgement soon to come. Wicked men are generally pleased with a form of piety without true godliness, and they would aid and support such a religion.

Said the angel, Nothing less than the whole armor of righteousness can enable man to overcome the powers of darkness and retain victory over them. Satan has taken full possession of the churches as a body. The sayings and doings of men are dwelt upon instead of the plain cutting truths of the Word of God. ... They are Satan's faithful servants, notwithstanding they have assumed another name.

I saw that since Jesus left the holy place of the heavenly sanctuary and entered within the second Vail, the churches have been filling up with every unclean and hateful bird. I saw great iniquity and vileness in the churches; yet their members profess to be Christians. Their profession, their prayers, and their exhortations are an abomination in the sight of God. Said the angel, "God will not smell in their assemblies. Selfishness, fraud, and deceit are practiced by them without the reproving of conscience. And over all these evil traits they throw the cloak of religion." I was shown the pride of the nominal churches. God is not in their thoughts; their carnal minds dwell upon themselves; they decorate their poor mortal bodies, and then look upon themselves with satisfaction and pleasure. Jesus and the angels look upon them in anger. ... An innumerable host of evil angels are spreading over the whole land and crowding the churches. These agents of Satan look upon the religious bodies with exultation, for the cloak of religion covers the greatest crime and iniquity."

Just wondering if any see this happening yet? :wink: Or are we all blind??? :crying:
---John

Another contradiction by false prophetess Ellen G. White and the main founder of the SDA cult.

http://www.biblebelievers.com/SDA/SDA1.html#1-a

2. WAS ADAM WITH EVE WHEN SHE WAS TEMPTED IN THE GARDEN?

EGW  NO: "The angels had cautioned Eve to beware of separating herself from her husband while occupied in their daily labor in the garden; with him she would be in less temptation than if she were alone. But absorbed in her pleasing task, she unconsciously wandered from his side. On perceiving that she was alone, she felt an apprehension of danger. She soon found herself gazing with mingled curiosity and admiration upon the forbidden tree." (Patriarchs and Prophets, pp.53,54).

BIBLE  YES: "And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat." (Genesis 3:6).

NOTE: There is no record in the Bible of angels warning Even of being separate from her husband.

Ellen G White false prophet, false teacher and the founder of a false Sabbath cult.

http://www.biblebelievers.com/SDA/SDA2.html#2-d

The 144,000

The number 144,000 represents a problem for Ellen White. In various of her early writings, (Testimonies, Volume 1, p.59; Early Writings, p.14; Word to the Little Flock, p.14, etc), Mrs. White said that there will be literally 144,000 saints that will live until Jesus comes.

"Soon we heard the voice of God like many waters, which gave us the day and hour of Jesus coming. The living Saints, 144,000 in number, knew and understood the voice. Then Jesus’ silver trumpet sounded as he descended. He gazed on the grave of the sleeping Saints and cried, ‘awake, awake, awake’. The graves opened and the dead came up clothed with immortality. The 144,000 shouted ‘alleluia’ as they recognized their friends who had been torn from them by death, and in the same moment we were changed and caught up together with them." (Experiences and Views. p.11-13).
When the book that preceded, The Great Controversy, called Spiritual Gifts, was printed in 1860, this phrase was omitted. It does not appear in any later editions of The Great Controversy. Apparently the brethren judged that it could cause a "great controversy" to say that only 144,000 would be saved, when there are many more members in the church!

She taught later that those who die under what they call the third angel's message will be resurrected before Christ comes, and will take their places among the 144,000.

"When the voice of God came, the graves were shaken open, and those who died in faith under the third angel's message, came forth from their dusty beds glorified to hear the covenant of peace."
Following this is the general resurrection. She says:
"The earth mightily shook as the voice of the Son of God called forth the sleeping saints. They responded to the call and came forth clothed with glorious immortality crying ‘victory, victory’ over death and the grave." (Spiritual Gifts, Volume 1, p.205-208).

Mrs. White was mistaken again for she died in 1915 and therefore the vision was false. She was also wrong in stating that there would be only 144,000 "living saints" at the hour of Jesus coming (p.59). The Bible says they would be without number. "After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;" (Revelation7:9).

I'm not certain how making a defense of the SDAs by blasting the Catholics puts you in any better stead than the Fundamentalists you have been battling with.

In point of fact, my pet peeve with SDAs is the way they savage the Catholic Church, then gripe when Protestants savage them.

Good point OC.

Edited:

Not in a good light to say the least.....

You know I dont agree with that kind of stuff...

My apologies. 8-)

bibleberean said:
Ellen G White false prophet, false teacher and the founder of a false Sabbath cult.

http://www.biblebelievers.com/SDA/SDA2.html#2-d

The 144,000

The number 144,000 represents a problem for Ellen White. In various of her early writings, (Testimonies, Volume 1, p.59; Early Writings, p.14; Word to the Little Flock, p.14, etc), Mrs. White said that there will be literally 144,000 saints that will live until Jesus comes.

"Soon we heard the voice of God like many waters, which gave us the day and hour of Jesus coming. The living Saints, 144,000 in number, knew and understood the voice. Then Jesus’ silver trumpet sounded as he descended. He gazed on the grave of the sleeping Saints and cried, ‘awake, awake, awake’. The graves opened and the dead came up clothed with immortality. The 144,000 shouted ‘alleluia’ as they recognized their friends who had been torn from them by death, and in the same moment we were changed and caught up together with them." (Experiences and Views. p.11-13).
When the book that preceded, The Great Controversy, called Spiritual Gifts, was printed in 1860, this phrase was omitted. It does not appear in any later editions of The Great Controversy. Apparently the brethren judged that it could cause a "great controversy" to say that only 144,000 would be saved, when there are many more members in the church!

She taught later that those who die under what they call the third angel's message will be resurrected before Christ comes, and will take their places among the 144,000.

"When the voice of God came, the graves were shaken open, and those who died in faith under the third angel's message, came forth from their dusty beds glorified to hear the covenant of peace."
Following this is the general resurrection. She says:
"The earth mightily shook as the voice of the Son of God called forth the sleeping saints. They responded to the call and came forth clothed with glorious immortality crying ‘victory, victory’ over death and the grave." (Spiritual Gifts, Volume 1, p.205-208).

Mrs. White was mistaken again for she died in 1915 and therefore the vision was false. She was also wrong in stating that there would be only 144,000 "living saints" at the hour of Jesus coming (p.59). The Bible says they would be without number. "After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;" (Revelation7:9).

It is assumption that EGW meant this to be a LITERAL number. She was using the number represented in the Bible. I have never seen, nor heard that our church ever has, or does believe in a literal 144000.

What did you want her to say in quoting and using the Bible? "And I saw the 144 000...well not really the 144 000, it is a symbolic number after all - who knew and understood the voice, and I saw the 144 000 - well not really the 144 000, it is a symbolic number after all..."

The Bible says 144 000 and nobody knows how many. So we automatically assume that the 144 000 is a written literal number for an unknown symbolic number.

The fact that our church hasn't believed this, and that so many take EGW at her word and use her extensively, shows that this wasn't meant to be taken as you are taking it.

Perhaps you should consult with actual Adventists for your answers instead of frivoulous speculative accusations.

Just two thoughts for a Converted or Born Again person. (meaning as Adam was, before sin)

No. 1 Some folks teach what eternal hell means, & OAS eternal life.

No.2 Yet, these same folks know nothing of what the Eternal Gospel of Revelation 14:6 or the Eternal Covenant of Hebrews 13:20 mean. You know, from start to finish?? Eternal, friend, goes into how long?

OK: John here.
The name Bible Berean (Acts 17:10-11) suggests that the one might think that they are humbly above average in spiritual things, at least? If it is so, then this is all milk to them, as in Hebrews 5. And if so? then there is a Hebrews 6:6 verse to be warned against for all those of maturity.

We believe that the Bible is the Word of Christ God. John 1:1-4. His Word states that it takes ALL scripture to understand doctrinal Truth. 2 Timothy 3:16. Christ tells us the Truth also in Matthew 4:4. That Man does not live by bread alone, but by "every Word that floweth out of the mouth of God". And The Word (Christ) Tel's us in 1 Corinthians 14:32 that even the 'Spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.' Meaning that they never contradict the Word of God penned by the other prophets.

Now: Whose Word was it from Gen. to Rev.??? If one cannot get past that question, there is no need to go on further until they do. We see 'Inspired writers' pen the Inspiration, yet using their own descriptive wordings. Yet, God has decreed that all the Bible is the Word of God! Who believes that??? God used Holy men of God, but yet sinful bodily degraded man to 'pen' Christ's Words. In other words, there are many words used that are man best in discription. (such as Isaiah 36:12)

Again: Whose Words? Did the Word have a beginning? Was the Word of God ETERNAL or not?
OK: Can you believe that the Bible is the Eternal Word of the Godhead? Yes or No? Again, does the Bible have all of the Godhead's Words recorded in it? Surely not. Yet, when God tells us that in the last days that knowledge shall be increased, what does one do with additional knowledge?? Because it does not say it in the Word of God, is it to be rejected? Surely this knowledge is long after we have been given the Word of God if it is last day Truth? Then in Hosea 4:6 we see that for 'Christ's people' to reject knowledge, 'I will reject thee'. Agreed that it will not contradict the Word that we already have, yet, it is still additional Truth from God as long as it compliments all scripture, 1 Corinthians 14:32. We need to remember that there are, what some call four Gospels, these four are all in different wordings. (not identical, or they would be 4 of the same copies)

In Ecclesiastes 1:9-10 we see the Word of God. Yes or no? The Book is either all yes, or all the 66 books are a no.
And God through His Inspiration says:
"The thing that has been, it is that which shall be; (now, do you believe God? Even before Adam was created? It is a Yes, I BELIEVE GOD, or no, I don't.) and that which is done is that which shall be done: And there is no new thing under the sun. v. 9

Every thing is repeated unless God decree's otherwise in writing. Such as Naham 1:9, sin will not arise a second time & a very few others, such as the rainbow in the sky. "And there is no new thing under the sun". Again, do you believe God? Seriously, Really? Do You believe that never will any part of His Word fail??

v, 10 Is there anything whereof it may be said, See, [this is new?] it hath been already of old time, which was before us." Well then, find the testing of 666 from a repeat! Or the re/slaying sacrifice of Christ as seen on the cross? Try its repeat prophecy as seen in Hebrews 6:6 by some!

Again, do you Believe God??? God says that He cannot lie, and that He is the same yesterday, today, and forever!
Now, does one believe what God gives us in His Documented Words that are from everlasting? If not, then they might just as well wait until they can Believe All of the Master's Words. Perhaps God made a mistake??? (some might say) Nothing New under the Sun??? Well, let try some another Word's from God's Word for TWICE REPEATED HISTORY, at least.

In Ecclesiastes 3:14-15 we see history repeated & a second documentation of Revelation's closing verses. First Revelation 22:18-19 "I testify unto every man (mankind!) that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book. And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take his part out of the [book of life], and out of the holy city, .."

We do understand that the Word of God is THE BOOK! Man has added all of the chapters, titles, periods etc.
Now we will 'see' one, first time repeat of Everlasting Gospel Truth.
Eccl. 3:14 says:
"I know that, whatsoever God doeth, (or said=Eternal Word!) it shall be for ever: [nothing can be put to it, nor anything be taken from it:] and God doeth it, that men should fear before Him."

In the very next verse we again see an Eternal documentation of the Godheads Word!
"That which [hath been is now;] and that which is to be [hath already been]; and [God requireth that which is past]."

A rebellion on earth had a rebellion in heaven! God said so!! See Eze. 28, Isa. 14, Rev. 12. and on & on! The rebellion in heaven was over God Eternal Covenant, satan would seek to overthrow Gods Government. and satan here on earth has no new course of action. Daniel 7:25. Same bottom line history against the Covenant. And the same Mark of the Beast testing will prove to the Universe who it is that is safe to save for the rest of eternity. Nahum 1:9. It is the same identical test as is seen in the Exodus 16:4-5 & Exodus 16:26-28. And, even see Exodus 16:35 for where we too, think that we are heading!

OK: Final thought. When God has His chosen one's write about His Truth as does E.G.W.. And He gives light of things from His Eternal Word that are not seen 'clearly' written out in the Bible, (see John 21:25) and then there come along the professed Christians Berean's of today, which even bash with others pasted up satanic stuff, plus their own 'foolish' material, things which they know little of, or have no understanding of, (see 2 Peter 3:16) it is then they which had best be concerned with the last verses of The Book!! Are they??

Well, I do not know, but Christ did arise from the dead, and He said that "If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead." Luke 16:31 That is the Word of God!

---John

ELLEN WHITE AND Failed Prophecies

http://www.biblebelievers.com/SDA/SDA3.html#3-g

Predictions About the Civil War

The Civil War of 1861-65 placed Seventh-day Adventists in a trying position. They could not engage in war and keep the Sabbath. She says:

"January 4, 1862, I was shown some things in regard to our nation." (Testimonies, Vol.1, p.253).

"It is all a bitter denunciation of Lincoln's administration and his management of the war. Every move had been wrong, and only defeat was prophesied. Mr. Lincoln, in his need, asked the prayers of all Christians, and appointed days of fasting and prayer. Of these Mrs. White said: ‘I saw that these national fasts were an insult to Jehovah. A national fast is proclaimed! Oh, what an insult to Jehovah’!" (Testimonies, Vol. 1, p.257).

That was the way she sympathized with Mr. Lincoln and the nation in the hour of need. Again, Mrs. White said:

"This nation will yet be humbled into the dust. When England does declare war, all nations will have an interest of their own to serve, and there will be general war." (Ibid, p.259).

It never came. Here, again, her prophecy was a complete failure. Our nation was not humbled into the dust. England did not declare war.

Mrs. White interpreted the Civil War as a sign of the end of the world, just as Adventists had interpreted the European war. She says:

"The scenes of earth's history are fast closing." (Ibid, p.260).

Under the heading, ‘The Rebellion,’ she says:

"The one all-important inquiry which should now engross the mind of everyone is, Am I prepared for the day of God? Time will last a little longer." (p.363).

Since then two generations have gone. Mrs. White, Elder White, and all who then preached and heard that warning, are laid away. They needed no such warning, for they did not live to see that day, as she then predicted. Failure, failure, failure is marked by ineradicable letters against all her predictions.

During those dark days of the Civil War, Mrs. White privately warned our married people not to have any more children. Time was so short, and the seven last plagues were so soon to fall, that children born then would be liable to perish. But children born since then are now grandparents!

Like the JW's Ellen G White made many prophetic utterances which were simply not true...

Deuteronomy 18:22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

E.G. White prophesied the world would end in 1843, 1844, 1845 and 1851: "Now time is almost finished, (1851) and what we have been 6 years in learning they will have to learn in months." (Early Writings, p.57).

bibleberean said:
ELLEN WHITE AND Failed Prophecies

http://www.biblebelievers.com/SDA/SDA3.html#3-g

Predictions About the Civil War

The Civil War of 1861-65 placed Seventh-day Adventists in a trying position. They could not engage in war and keep the Sabbath. She says:

"January 4, 1862, I was shown some things in regard to our nation." (Testimonies, Vol.1, p.253).

"It is all a bitter denunciation of Lincoln's administration and his management of the war. Every move had been wrong, and only defeat was prophesied. Mr. Lincoln, in his need, asked the prayers of all Christians, and appointed days of fasting and prayer. Of these Mrs. White said: ‘I saw that these national fasts were an insult to Jehovah. A national fast is proclaimed! Oh, what an insult to Jehovah’!" (Testimonies, Vol. 1, p.257).

That was the way she sympathized with Mr. Lincoln and the nation in the hour of need. Again, Mrs. White said:

"This nation will yet be humbled into the dust. When England does declare war, all nations will have an interest of their own to serve, and there will be general war." (Ibid, p.259).

It never came. Here, again, her prophecy was a complete failure. Our nation was not humbled into the dust. England did not declare war.

It helps when you look at these comments in context, BB.

From sdadefend.com...

Technically, she predicted that if our nation remained divided, then it would fall:

[quote:e191d]England is acquainted with the diversity of feeling among those who are seeking to quell the rebellion. She well knows the perplexed condition of our Government; she has looked with astonishment at the prosecution of this war--the slow, inefficient moves, the inactivity of our armies, and the ruinous expenses of our nation. The weakness of our Government is fully open before other nations, and they now conclude that it is because it was not a monarchial government, and they admire their own government, and look down, some with pity, others with contempt, upon our nation, which they have regarded as the most powerful upon the globe. Had our nation remained united it would have had strength, but divided it must fall. (Testimonies for the Church 1:259, 260)"

It would be hard to refute such an assessment. But Ellen White did not say that our nation would definitely remain divided.

In the same chapter, Ellen White wrote at length about how the North had often mistreated escaped slaves and returned them to their southern masters, in direct violation of the Word of God. Yet the Government, rather than righting these wrongs, declared a day of fasting and prayer to ask God's blessing on the war effort!

(So we see that EGWs admonishment was over the governement's audacity over the slave issue to ask God for a blessing)

And yet a national fast is proclaimed! Saith the Lord: "Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?" When our nation observes the fast which God has chosen, then will He accept their prayers as far as the war is concerned; but now they enter not into His ear. He turns from them, they are disgusting to Him. It is so managed that those who would undo the heavy burdens and break every yoke are placed under censure, or removed from responsible stations, or their lives are planned away by those who "fast for strife and debate, and to smite with the fist of wickedness." (Ibid. 258)

(Boy it helps when you actually quote the whole thing instead of using a bit here and there doesn't it, BB?)

Clearly, this is a conditional prophecy. When the North would seek to break every yoke, then God would hear their prayers and bless. But if the North remained divided over the slavery question, then it would fall.

"Ellen White predicted the United States' humbling by England".

Actually, this quotation has been rearranged. It does not read this way in the original. "This nation will yet be humbled in the dust. . ." is a separate sentence standing on its own. It is the sixth sentence preceding the sentence "When England does declare war," not the first sentence after "this nation will yet be humbled in the dust." The intervening five sentences neutralize the point being made.

"Ellen White predicted England would declare war."

This is not true. Ellen White never said that England would definitely declare war on the North. Notice the intervening five sentences that are omitted.

England is studying whether it is best to take advantage of the present weak condition of our nation, and venture to make war upon her. She is weighing the matter, and trying to sound other nations. She fears, if she should commence war abroad, that she would be weak at home, and that other nations would take advantage of her weakness. Other nations are making quiet yet active preparations for war, and are hoping that England will make war with our nation, for then they would improve the opportunity to be revenged on her for the advantage she has taken of them in the past and the injustice done them. A portion of the queen's subjects are waiting a favorable opportunity to break their yoke; but if England thinks it will pay, she will not hesitate a moment to improve her opportunities to exercise her power and humble our nation.

Clearly, Ellen White's prediction was what would happen if England declared war, not that England would declare war..

The honest reader who peruses the context of this passage may be surprised at how much solid information is there. Many today assume that the Civil War was fought over slavery. Historians declare, as Mrs. White has written, that this was not the initial motivation for the war. Rather, it was fought to maintain the Union.

Many enlistees thought they were fighting to abolish slavery. But those in charge of the war had no such intention.

Once Lincoln passed the Emancipation Proclamation during the year after Mrs. White wrote these things, and the North became united in its goal of abolishing slavery, then the tide began to turn in favor of the North. We can thank the Lord that the North did unite in their opposition to slavery so that our nation did not fall.

I was shown that if the object of this war had been to exterminate slavery, then, if desired, England would have helped the North. But England fully understands the existing feelings in the Government, and that the war is not to do away slavery, but merely to preserve the Union; and it is not for her interest to have it preserved. (Ibid. 258)

As the World Book Encyclopedia says under "Emancipation Proclamation,"

As a result, it greatly influenced the North's victory in the war. . . .

As the abolitionists had predicted, the Emancipation Proclamation strengthened the North's war effort and weakened the South's. . . .

The Emancipation Proclamation also hurt the South by discouraging Britain and France from entering the war. Both of those nations depended on the South to supply them with cotton, and the Confederacy hoped that they would fight on its side. But the proclamation made the war a fight against slavery. Most British and French citizens opposed slavery, and so they gave their support to the Union.
[/quote:e191d]

So World Book makes it crystal clear that England was considering entering the war. It was the North's uniting against slavery that prevented England from doing so, and this is precisely how Ellen White described the political situation of those times.

Ellen White did indeed connect the possibility of world war with the possibility of England declaring war. Yet though these two thoughts are certainly connected, it is clear that she never said there would definitely be world war at that time.

Other nations are intently watching this nation, for what purpose I was not informed, and are making great preparations for some event. . . .

I was shown the inhabitants of the earth in the utmost confusion. War, bloodshed, privation, want, famine, and pestilence were abroad in the land.

My attention was then called from the scene. There seemed to be a little time of peace. Once more the inhabitants of the earth were presented before me; and again everything was in the utmost confusion. Strife, war, and bloodshed, with famine and pestilence, raged everywhere. Other nations were engaged in this war and confusion. War caused famine. Want and bloodshed caused pestilence. And then men's hearts failed them for fear, "and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth."

Interestingly, out of the 28 nations or more that fought in WWI, England was the fifth or sixth to declare war. First Austria-Hungary and Serbia declared war on 7/28/1914, then Germany and Russia on 8/1, then France on 8/3, and then England and Belgium on 8/4.

And in WWII, after a little time of peace, England was among the first six nations to declare war out of at least 58. France, England, India, and New Zealand (the latter two having strong ties to England) all declared war on 9/3/1939, preceded only by Germany and Poland on 9/1.

So there was world war when England did declare war.

England ruled about a fourth of the world’s land and people, and then lost it all as her colonies sought their independence about the time of the World Wars. How interesting that Ellen White had connected England declaring war and general war with this very thing: "A portion of the queen's subjects are waiting a favorable opportunity to break their yoke. . . ." (Testimonies for the Church 1:259)

She never said, "When England does declare war on the United States. . . ." She said, "When England does declare war. . . ." There is a difference.

"Ellen White predicted the United States' being humbled into the dust in defeat."

She said no such thing.

The facts are these:

Our nation had been proud.
Other nations were disgusted at how we were conducting the Civil War.
We were humbled into the dust.
While Ellen White said we would be humbled, she did not say we would be humbled in defeat.
Consider the following:

This war is a most singular and at the same time a most horrible and heartsickening conflict. Other nations are looking on with disgust at the transactions of the armies of both North and South. They see such a determined effort to protract the war at an enormous sacrifice of life and money, while at the same time nothing is really gained, that it looks to them like a strife to see which can kill the most men. They are indignant. (Testimonies for the Church 1:367)

On January 20, 1863, the London Times reported the words of an American preacher who in prayer had "blessed the name of God for having so humbled the nation that it was compelled as a military necessity to ask the aid of the negro."

On July 4th of the same year, the Times described that year's American Independence Day as "this day of festivity, now converted into a day of humiliation."

Not as clear cut and dried as the EGW bashers would like you to think.

bibleberean said:
E.G. White prophesied the world would end in 1843, 1844, 1845 and 1851: "Now time is almost finished, (1851) and what we have been 6 years in learning they will have to learn in months." (Early Writings, p.57).

:-D BB you are truly a guillible person. You'll grab on to anything you want to hear. EGW wasn't even called to be a prophet or received her first vision until after 1843.

EGW had nothing to do with the date setting but Miller and his followers.

As for 'predicting' Christ would come in her lifetime (if you would really want to call it that), keep in mind that Paul did the same thing too.

You forget that EGW was also human, she wasn't infallible and she didn't speak 'ex cathedra'. You take EVERYTHING she says, make it a 'prophecy' then call her on it.

What a joke.

Back