Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is Christ coming in our life time or is it history

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
31 "When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. 33 And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, 'Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: Matthew 25:31-34

Any believer who is 'led' into honesty will see that by not 'always' doing sheep works, they in fact do 'goat works.'

The separation is INTERNAL and will usurp the captors in the temple of each individual. The parable will never be understood by looking on the outside of the cup. And instead the goats will continue to masquerade as SHEEP.

s

Any believer who is 'led' into honesty will see that by not 'always' doing sheep works, they in fact do 'goat works.'

The separation is INTERNAL and will usurp the captors in the temple of each individual. The parable will never be understood by looking on the outside of the cup. And instead the goats will continue to masquerade as SHEEP.
s

And the nations that gathered before Him Must be "symbolic" "inward" nations as well.

Yeah right!

Sorry brother, your spiritualized mumbo jumbo just doesn't carry any weight.

JLB

A believer in truth will see for no uncertain fact they do goat works. Slice the matters whatever way you see from there.

The 'evil' generation and 'evil' kingdom is carried in our own heart.

A believer in truth will see for no uncertain fact they do goat works. Slice the matters whatever way you see from there.

The 'evil' generation and 'evil' kingdom is carried in our own heart.

Brother,

Please try to get right what the scripture says.

31 "When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats.

The context and meaning is about the nations being gathered before Him.

The nations will be gathered before Him!

That includes Romans and Jews!

He will sit on His Throne of Glory on earth where He will be seen and admired by all who believe, Jews and Gentiles.

when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels, 8 in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power, 10 when He comes, in that Day, to be glorified in His saints and to be admired among all those who believe, because our testimony among you was believed. 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10

JLB

Brother,

Please try to get right what the scripture says.

31 "When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats.

When did Christ leave? Don't you know part of the separation The Spirit of Christ brings into our hearts is DIVISION from 'evil?'

Pretty basic observation.

Yet who speaks truthfullY by The Spirit of Christ in them, seeing 'we all' also do 'goat works?'

Few seem to see the simplicity of the matters.

The context and meaning is about the nations being gathered before Him.

All things have been laid open and bare before the Eyes of God from the beginning. What makes you think the separation has not always transpired within the 'temples' of 'believers?'

Jesus Himself 'divided' sheep from goats 2000 years ago. Did you happen to see it?

God in the Old Testament divided sheep from goats. Did you happen to see that?

There will indeed be a final division, which Matt. 25 speaks to. But the division has gone on as a continuing reality 'in faith' for a long long time and still does to this day.
The nations will be gathered before Him!

What nations might those be in your eyes? Do you think everyone on earth is going to be rounded up and sent to a location in Israel?

That includes Romans and Jews!

I'd exclude no person. The account of Matt. 25 is also about a nation and kingdom unseen.

Show me your sight in that matter.
He will sit on His Throne of Glory on earth where He will be seen and admired by all who believe, Jews and Gentiles.

And some will not be looking on the outside of the cup for the glory to be revealed 'in us.'

Where is Christ now, this moment?

Col. 3:
3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Glory isn't a SPOT on the earth ball with an X on it with all the people of the world standing around it.

Isaiah 6:3
And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.

Yet His Glory is above both heaven and earth:

Psalm 148:13
Let them praise the name of the LORD: for his name alone is excellent; his glory is above the earth and heaven.

Where then might you propose to mark the SPOT?

Colossians 1:27
To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

God in Christ was seated before this world began. His Own Spirit is also PRESENTLY shared by all believers in our hearts.

He is in fact here and now via His Spirit.

That is why I asked from the start, WHEN DID HE LEAVE???

Fact is, He never ever left us.

Ever.

s

When did Christ leave? Don't you know part of the separation The Spirit of Christ brings into our hearts is DIVISION from 'evil?'

Pretty basic observation.

Yet who speaks truthfullY by The Spirit of Christ in them, seeing 'we all' also do 'goat works?'

Few seem to see the simplicity of the matters.

All things have been laid open and bare before the Eyes of God from the beginning. What makes you think the separation has not always transpired within the 'temples' of 'believers?'

Jesus Himself 'divided' sheep from goats 2000 years ago. Did you happen to see it?

God in the Old Testament divided sheep from goats. Did you happen to see that?

There will indeed be a final division, which Matt. 25 speaks to. But the division has gone on as a continuing reality 'in faith' for a long long time and still does to this day.

What nations might those be in your eyes? Do you think everyone on earth is going to be rounded up and sent to a location in Israel?

I'd exclude no person. The account of Matt. 25 is also about a nation and kingdom unseen.

Show me your sight in that matter.

And some will not be looking on the outside of the cup for the glory to be revealed 'in us.'

Where is Christ now, this moment?

Col. 3:
3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Glory isn't a SPOT on the earth ball with an X on it with all the people of the world standing around it.

Isaiah 6:3
And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.

Yet His Glory is above both heaven and earth:

Psalm 148:13
Let them praise the name of the LORD: for his name alone is excellent; his glory is above the earth and heaven.

Where then might you propose to mark the SPOT?

Colossians 1:27
To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

God in Christ was seated before this world began. His Own Spirit is also PRESENTLY shared by all believers in our hearts.

He is in fact here and now via His Spirit.

Fact is, He never ever left us.

Ever.

s

9 Now when He had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. 10 And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel, 11 who also said, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven."

Can you say AS YOU SAW HIM GO!

When 33 AD!

JLB

9 Now when He had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. 10 And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel, 11 who also said, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven."

When 33 AD!

JLB

God has always been Omniscient and Omnipresent.

He certainly expressed Himself in His Word and Image.

And continues to do so by His Spirit.

s

God has always been Omniscient and Omnipresent.

He certainly expressed Himself in His Word and Image.

And continues to do so by His Spirit.

s

That is why we are not discussing that point.

We are discussing The physical Return of Jesus Christ.

JLB

Greetings

Most Christians consider as I did that the coming or Parousia of Christ is future. However in my research I found some interesting stuff labeled preterism. The idea changed my way of looking at the NT. That Christ did come in judgment on the Jewish Nation in AD 70 as prophesied in Matthew Chapter 24. I suppose many have come across this theology surfing the web.

Nonetheless my findings of a third coming is not over so far. There are two schools of thought on the preterist view. Full Preterism and Partial Preterism; at the time I’m standing on a fence.

Full Preterist believe all prophecy fulfilled in the first century, and Partial Preterist considers most but no all prophecy fulfilled in the first century.

There are unbelievers that can see the writing on the wall of a first century return, their argument goes like this. “He said He was coming and it was a no show.”

Larry H

Jesus and the Apostles spoke of His return. And they did not teach "multiple returns". Just the one.

I understand that it can be difficult to let go of a doctrine, but I do not agree with trying to find more "comings", just to try to hang on to a doctrine.

As for Partial Preterism, I don't see how there is any such thing. The word "preterism" comes from the Latin word "praeter", which means "past", or "in the past". So how can any view which says that things are yet future, be "preterist"?

Partial Preterism is an oxymoron. A self-contradiction. And that isn't me speaking, trying to attack it. It's the dictionary definition saying so.

My stating this is no different than if someone tried to say they are "Wiccan Christian". You either are a Christian, or you are not. You cannot state that you believe in practicing Wicca as well and claim to be a Christian. A "Wiccan Christian" would be an oxymoron; a self-contradiction, would it not?

And before you tell me that I'm using a ridiculous example and so it doesn't compare (if you were going to do that), you need to understand that there *are* people out there who claim to be both. Although they will usually use the term, "Christian Witch", or what I said, but in reverse; "Christian Wiccan".

The point is, that just as "Christian Wiccan" is an oxymoron because they are opposite views, so is "Partial Preterism", because someone's view being "praeter", means that they view things as being in the past, not the future.

IMO, there is no such thing and rather, it should be called, "Mild Futurism", since it views events as yet to come. And it isn't just the minor events, but the most important ones!

edited
As for me, the Bible prophecies being fulfilled, makes the Bible immensely MORE valuable! After all, someone can ask me a question and I can tell them how, where and when God kept that promise! :)

Hope this helped.

Last edited by a moderator:
And before you tell me that I'm using a ridiculous example and so it doesn't compare (if you were going to do that), you need to understand that there *are* people out there who claim to be both. Although they will usually use the term, "Christian Witch", or what I said, but in reverse; "Christian Wiccan".

Just as there* are* people out there who ,like you, believe in both fulfilled and unfulfilled biblical prophecy.

Its hard for me to see reason beyond ' on vanity and ego' when ever, and you're not the first, some one shows up and quibbles over terms and definitions long used and accepted. But maybe it is all about you.

That said, welcome to the forum.

Jesus and the Apostles spoke of His return. And they did not teach "multiple returns". Just the one.

I understand that it can be difficult to let go of a doctrine, but I do not agree with trying to find more "comings", just to try to hang on to a doctrine.

As for Partial Preterism, I don't see how there is any such thing. The word "preterism" comes from the Latin word "praeter", which means "past", or "in the past". So how can any view which says that things are yet future, be "preterist"?

Partial Preterism is an oxymoron. A self-contradiction. And that isn't me speaking, trying to attack it. It's the dictionary definition saying so.

My stating this is no different than if someone tried to say they are "Wiccan Christian". You either are a Christian, or you are not. You cannot state that you believe in practicing Wicca as well and claim to be a Christian. A "Wiccan Christian" would be an oxymoron; a self-contradiction, would it not?

The point is, that just as "Christian Wiccan" is an oxymoron because they are opposite views, so is "Partial Preterism", because someone's view being "praeter", means that they view things as being in the past, not the future.

IMO, there is no such thing and rather, it should be called, "Mild Futurism", since it views events as yet to come. And it isn't just the minor events, but the most important ones!

This so called, "Partial Preterism" simply does not want to let go of the idea that somehow, some way, the Bible is still really all about us today and so they search for a 3rd coming that neither Jesus, nor the Apostles ever taught. And to me, this view is no different than the Futurist view, in that it's built on vanity and ego. I mean after all, take away the "It's all about me, today!" part of it and they seem to find the Bible useless. Why else would they be arguing so hard that it has to happen here, to them?

As for me, the Bible prophecies being fulfilled, makes the Bible immensely MORE valuable! After all, someone can ask me a question and I can tell them how, where and when God kept that promise! :)

Hope this helped.

Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells. 14 Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless;

Thank God Peter and the Apostles left us their writings which define what had been fulfilled and what was yet to be fulfilled.

JLB

The question is; "How did they see Him go?". You highlighted the wrong part of v9. :)

They "saw" Him go as follows;

"Now when He had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up and a cloud received Him OUT OF THEIR SIGHT."

A cloud received Him.

The cloud received Him OUT OF THEIR SIGHT.

And now it would behoove us to now look at how Jesus said He would return;

"...and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory."

So He comes in the clouds. And He would return in the same way that He left. That leaves us with questions.

Did they "physically see" Him in the clouds when He left? The answer is "No". Not according to the verse you quoted.

So if He's going to return *just like* He left, then would they "physically see" Him returning? If we believe the verse that you quoted, then the answer is "No" to this question as well.

We can't just go halfway and ignore the second half of the very same verse (Acts 1:9), amen?

And we must interpret Scripture (Matt 24:30b) by Scripture (Acts 1:9), especially when it is dealing with the same specific subject, right? :)

And we should understand that the Koine Greek word behind "see" can be translated as either visual seeing, or as understanding something. Like when you say to someone, "Do you SEE what I'm saying?". SEE what I mean? :)

So based on all of these facts combined, the only conclusion I can draw by the Scriptures here, is that they would "understand" that He had returned, just like when they understood that God was judging Egypt, using the Assyrians in the fulfilled prophecy found in Isaiah 19:1, in which it specifically says that God "rode a cloud", yet no one "physically saw" Him riding a cloud into Egypt. Yet it says that's what He did;

"The burden against Egypt. Behold, the Lord RIDES ON A SWIFT CLOUD and will come into Egypt." - Isaiah 19:1

The bottom line here, again, interpreting Scripture by Scripture, is that when Scripture uses the term "coming/riding (in) the clouds", it is not speaking of God/Jesus up there, on a cloud, with a lasso tied to it, shouting "Woo Hoo!". <lol>

Rather, it is speaking of His presence in judgment. And in this case, Jesus specifically said that the judgment would be against the Jews.

Furthermore, if we read the entire OT, we can see all throughout it (especially the Psalms), that there are constant references to the Lord "coming down". David said this many times, in many Psalms. That the Lord had come down into the battle and stated it no differently than we see in the NT.

We must remember that the NT is not some "all new thing, with all new ways of saying something". Rather, it is the fulfillment of the OT and it deals with the same people (Israel/Judea) and Jesus would have spoken in the same way that God always spoke to His people. No offense to anyone, but today, too many people read the NT by itself nd they read it as if it should be read like it was written by, for and about 21st century Gentiles and that is exactly the opposite of how it should be read!

Something to think about, anyway. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The question is; "How did they see Him go?". You highlighted the wrong part of v9. :)

"Now when He had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up and a cloud received Him OUT OF THEIR SIGHT."

A cloud received Him.

"...and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory."
So where does Jesus mention return in this passage? The fact is you claimed He did so show it LOL
So He comes in the clouds. And He would return in the same way that He left. That leaves us with questions.

Did they "physically see" Him in the clouds when He left? The answer is "No". Not according to the verse you quoted.
That is idiotic and contrary to the text and context, they did see Him physically rise up until He was out of sight.
So if He's going to return *just like* He left, then would they "physically see" Him returning?
Of course screwy nonsesnse aside
If we believe the verse that you quoted, then the answer is "No" to this question as well.
You're not telling the truth. in fact ,as above you are directly contrary to the ext and the context.
We can't just go halfway and ignore the second half of the very same verse (Acts 1:9), amen?

And we must interpret Scripture (Matt 24:30b) by Scripture (Acts 1:9), especially when it is dealing with the same specific subject, right? :)
Is this why you cant find Jesus saying He'll return as you claimed He did ?
And we should understand that the Koine Greek word behind "see" can be translated as either visual seeing, or as understanding something. Like when you say to someone, "Do you SEE what I'm saying?". SEE what I mean? :)

So based on all of these facts combined,
We can 'see' that you take wild liberty with the text in order to support your doctrine that is without foundation .
the only conclusion I can draw by the Scriptures here, is
That you will stoop to any means no matter how foul and vilolent to the Scripture to spread your infection
that they would "understand" that He had returned, just like when they understood that God was judging Egypt, using the Assyrians in the fulfilled prophecy found in Isaiah 19:1, in which it specifically says that God "rode a cloud", yet no one "physically saw" Him riding a cloud into Egypt.
And in contrast to your silly notions seeing Him physically ries into the air up to the clouds out of sight is what the Acts passage is all about
Yet it says that's what He did;

"The burden against Egypt. Behold, the Lord RIDES ON A SWIFT CLOUD and will come into Egypt." - Isaiah 19:1

The bottom line here, again, interpreting Scripture by Scripture,
by your own admision you're not making a true comparison of Scripture because ,as show above you have flatly denied the inconvienient facts of Acts 1;11. :)
is that when Scripture uses the term "coming/riding (in) the clouds", it is not speaking of God/Jesus up there, on a cloud, with a lasso tied to it, shouting "Woo Hoo!". <lol>

Rather, it is speaking of His presence in judgment.
Yet the passage in Acts begins and ends with His physical presence, a completely different situation that the passages you quoted , although your pretended they are speaking of similar events tsk tsk
And in this case, Jesus specifically said that the judgment would be against the Jews.

Think about it. :)
Think about it,, but throw some salt on it first.

A cloud received Him.

So if He's going to return *just like* He left, then would they "physically see" Him returning? If we believe the verse that you quoted, then the answer is "No" to this question as well.

So based on all of these facts combined, the only conclusion I can draw by the Scriptures here, is that they would "understand" that He had returned, just like when they understood that God was judging Egypt, using the Assyrians in the fulfilled prophecy found in Isaiah 19:1, in which it specifically says that God "rode a cloud", yet no one "physically saw" Him riding a cloud into Egypt. Yet it says that's what He did;

The bottom line here, again, interpreting Scripture by Scripture, is that when Scripture uses the term "coming/riding (in) the clouds", it is not speaking of God/Jesus up there, on a cloud, with a lasso tied to it, shouting "Woo Hoo!". <lol>

Rather, it is speaking of His presence in judgment. And in this case, Jesus specifically said that the judgment would be against the Jews.

Furthermore, if we read the entire OT, we can see all throughout it (especially the Psalms), that there are constant references to the Lord "coming down". David said this many times, in many Psalms. That the Lord had come down into the battle and stated it no differently than we see in the NT.

We must remember that the NT is not some "all new thing, with all new ways of saying something". Rather, it is the fulfillment of the OT and it deals with the same people (Israel/Judea) and Jesus would have spoken in the same way that God always spoke to His people. No offense to anyone, but today, too many people read the NT by itself nd they read it as if it should be read like it was written by, for and about 21st century Gentiles and that is exactly the opposite of how it should be read!

Something to think about, anyway. :)

Sir, are you by any chance a Jehovah's Witness?

Thanks, JLB

Sir, are you by any chance a Jehovah's Witness?

Thanks, JLB

Is your question designed, by chance, to avoid dealing directly with what I posted?

You know, like if I say yes, then what I showed here can just be discarded and it doesn't matter if it is true?

Is your question designed, by chance, to avoid dealing directly with what I posted?

You know, like if I say yes, then what I showed here can just be discarded and it doesn't matter if it is true?

Because I think it does matter, I'll repeat the question. Are you a Jehovah's Witness? When quoting scripture, citations are required. Quoting NWT is not permitted here as the ToS says.

Re: The ROOT and the offspring of David..

Here's another way of answering:

So, you know the date of your own passing into eternity, do you? (because I sure don't).

What I mean is, the believer in the Lord Jesus looks to the coming for His church (1 Thess. 4), but we don't know when this will be. Meanwhile, we serve Him, while looking up.

Back