Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is Christ coming in our life time or is it history

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I didn't ask about your body. What do you believe happens to you, represented as your soul, when your body dies, if you are a Christian?

1 For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed with our habitation which is from heaven, 3 if indeed, having been clothed, we shall not be found naked. 4 For we who are in this tent groan, being burdened, not because we want to be unclothed, but further clothed, that mortality may be swallowed up by life. 5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee. 6 So we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord. 7 For we walk by faith, not by sight. 8 We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.

... not because we want to be unclothed, but further clothed, that mortality may be swallowed up by life.

We go to be with The Lord -

to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.

JLB

and yet the prophecies of Daniel and Revelations are unequivically tied to the demise of the antichrist, and second coming of Christ in great glory, you hermenuetically can't have one event without the other its impossible, so one can only come to one conclusion if Jesus isn't here yet, and you believe the antichrist has come and gone, you had a mere shadow of an antichrist and not the real mcoy, much like Hitler, a shadow of yet a more demonic dictator to come.......if thats possible

1 For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed with our habitation which is from heaven, 3 if indeed, having been clothed, we shall not be found naked. 4 For we who are in this tent groan, being burdened, not because we want to be unclothed, but further clothed, that mortality may be swallowed up by life. 5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee. 6 So we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord. 7 For we walk by faith, not by sight. 8 We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.

... not because we want to be unclothed, but further clothed, that mortality may be swallowed up by life.

JLB

So then, how can we go to be with The Lord at the death of the body, yet somehow not precede those who are asleep in Jesus?

So then, how can we go to be with The Lord at the death of the body, yet somehow not precede those who are asleep in Jesus?

I basically just wrote out the scripture that Paul taught us.

If you have trouble with the scripture, you should be asking God as to why His Word doesn't line up with "your doctrine".

The body is asleep in the dust.

The spirit is with the Lord.

Write out your scripture that contradicts what Paul taught, and let's discuss the scripture you have.

JLB

13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus. 15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17

Like Paul defined it here for us -

For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.

Claiming this has happened is Heresy!

JLB

No, claiming that happened means God kept His promise of Resurrection to Biblical Israel! Hades is the Greek for Sheol. He ransomed them from the power of the grave. Resurrection means to be in God's presence. This includes the living.
The tabernacle of God is with men through the Spirit.
His kingdom is a spiritual and moral kingdom.

Christ is in you. No reason to come a 3rd time! (plus there is not one verse where He said he was returning to earth again. Not one.

Our judgment is set. We have eternal life and go to heaven when we die.

Just like Peter and Paul said- they would lay down their earthly "tent" (body to return to dust) and go to be with the Lord!

Our spirit is what's immortal.

Greetings

Most Christians consider as I did that the coming or Parousia of Christ is future. However in my research I found some interesting stuff labeled preterism. The idea changed my way of looking at the NT. That Christ did come in judgment on the Jewish Nation in AD 70 as prophesied in Matthew Chapter 24. I suppose many have come across this theology surfing the web.

Nonetheless my findings of a third coming is not over so far. There are two schools of thought on the preterist view. Full Preterism and Partial Preterism; at the time I’m standing on a fence.

Full Preterist believe all prophecy fulfilled in the first century, and Partial Preterist considers most but no all prophecy fulfilled in the first century.

There are unbelievers that can see the writing on the wall of a first century return, their argument goes like this. “He said He was coming and it was a no show.â€

Larry H

it doesn't really matter what anyone believes, the return of Christ is unequivically tied to the demise of the antichrist, these two essential events cannot be separated, without rewriting prophecy, theres no way one can happen without the other

what ever you believe it must be able to support this one plainly written prophetic truth

(1Jn 2:18) Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

(1Jn 2:22) Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

(1Jn 4:3) And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

(2Jn 1:7) For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
These are the only verses that speak of antichrist

No, claiming that happened means God kept His promise of Resurrection to Biblical Israel! Hades is the Greek for Sheol. He ransomed them from the power of the grave. Resurrection means to be in God's presence. This includes the living.
The tabernacle of God is with men through the Spirit.
His kingdom is a spiritual and moral kingdom.

Christ is in you. No reason to come a 3rd time! (plus there is not one verse where He said he was returning to earth again. Not one.

Our judgment is set. We have eternal life and go to heaven when we die.

Just like Peter and Paul said- they would lay down their earthly "tent" (body to return to dust) and go to be with the Lord!

Our spirit is what's immortal.

Jesus returns to earth in Glory and sits on His Throne and removes the wicked to everlasting fire.

31 "When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. 33 And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, 'Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: Matthew 25:31-34,41

Those that cling to the heretical teachings of Preterism must explain away this teaching of The Lord or spiritualize it into something invisible.

No one with Gos's Spirit in them would claim this event has already taken place.

34 And Jesus answered and said to them, "The sons of this age marry and are given in marriage. 35 But those who are counted worthy to attain that age, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage; 36 nor can they die anymore, for they are equal to the angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection. Luke 20:34-36

When Jesus returns then the physical resurrection of the dead will take place whereby we will receive immortal bodies that can never die.

Furthermore there will be no marring nor given in marriage in that age of the resurrection.

Resurrection means to be in God's presence. This includes the living.
Statements like this, that twist the scriptures, are easily disproved with the clear and straightforward teachings of Jesus Christ as well as Paul and John.

They do however show that the spirit of error is at work in those who claim Jesus has already returned and the Resurrection is past!

I would encourage you to turn away from those that teach these things.

JLB

(1Jn 2:18) Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

(1Jn 2:22) Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

(1Jn 4:3) And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

(2Jn 1:7) For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

18 Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour.1 John 2:18

and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming.

This is the Antichrist that vocalyocal is referring to in his statement - the return of Christ is unequivocally tied to the demise of the antichrist.

I wholeheartedly agree with him, as it it written -

8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming.

JLB

Which translation you using JLB? mine is KJ

NKJV.

I respect the KJV, however I read and quote from the NKJV.

Most people understand that there is a Lawless one, a final false christ, the man of sin or antichrist that will appear in the last days and proclaim himself as God.
He will deceive many by the use of false signs and wonders after the working of Satan.

This is the one to whom I am referring to.

JLB

I do agree in some ways JLB my point is the guy who penned The Revelation and who penned the little Books of John is the same guy . For some reason God through John did not use the term antichrist in the Revelation. Why do we?

I do agree in some ways JLB my point is the guy who penned The Revelation and who penned the little Books of John is the same guy . For some reason God through John did not use the term antichrist in the Revelation. Why do we?

Because that is the common term that best describes the "imposter" of Christ who exalts himself above all that is called God.

"Anti" means against as we'll as "posing as" Christ.

Somehow I think you know this.

JLB

Because that is the common term that best describes the "imposter" of Christ who exalts himself above all that is called God.

"Anti" means against as we'll as "posing as" Christ.

Somehow I think you know this.

JLB
sure I do my thoughts kinda go to all the trash books and movies etc that scream antichrist.. IMO it has gone so far that many folks are looking to/for some guy to be THEE antichrist then look to the real Christ.

There are many antichrists already. There is no need for a global consensus antichrist. Such a being would never be as effective at deception as a legion, all individually targeted.

18 Little children, it is the last time: and
as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many
antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

3:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is
the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that
Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of
antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is
it in the world

For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not
that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an
antichrist.

According to 4:3, Would those who believe Jesus is still to come 'in the flesh' again; [other than the continual generational indwelling of believers] be among those who are of the opposed [anti-] the principles and truths of Christ established at his coming?

As for a single personage or personages of 'anti-Christ', or anti-Messiah it would seem that it and they would have occurred during the time for which the Messiah had been prophesied to come. This was during the first century. And there is many who proclaimed to be Christ and who were put to death by the Romans. These are who John is talking about in 2:18.

And there is finally Simon bar Kochbah of @ 130 AD who was presented by the reformed Sanhedrain as "Messiah" during the attempted restoration of 'Israel" of that time. They appealed to the prophecy of Numbers 24:17-19 and realized that this was a prophecy for Messiah and that the time had come for the fulfillment of that prophecy. They fabricated and changed a mans name to refer to a 'star' in order to attempt to fulfill the prophecy and further reject it's fulfillment in Christ, the apostles and disciples.

Numbers 24:17 I shall see him, but not now: I shall behold him, but not nigh: there shall come a Star out of Jacob, and a Sceptre shall rise out of Israel, and shall smite the corners of Moab, and destroy all the children of Sheth.
18 And Edom shall be a possession, Seir also shall be a possession for his enemies; and Israel [Christians] shall do valiantly.

19 Out of Jacob shall come he that shall have dominion, [Dan 7:13, 14; 26,27] and shall destroy him that remaineth of the city.

None of these verses by John indicate some future figure; but refer to those that reject his past visitation, indwelling and completed coming.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to 4:3, Would those who believe Jesus is still to come 'in the flesh' again; [other than the continual generational indwelling of believers] be among those who are of the opposed [anti-] the principles and truths of Christ established at his coming?

As for a single personage or personages of 'anti-Christ', or anti-Messiah it would seem that it and they would have occurred during the time for which the Messiah had been prophesied to come. This was during the first century. And there is many who proclaimed to be Christ and who were put to death by the Romans. These are who John is talking about in 2:18.

And there is finally Simon bar Kochbah of @ 130 AD who was presented by the reformed Sanhedrain as "Messiah" during the attempted restoration of 'Israel" of that time. They appealed to the prophecy of Numbers 24:17-19 and realized that this was a prophecy for Messiah and that the time had come for the fulfillment of that prophecy. They fabricated and changed a mans name to refer to a 'star' in order to attempt to fulfill the prophecy and further reject it's fulfillment in Christ, the apostles and disciples.

Numbers 24:17 I shall see him, but not now: I shall behold him, but not nigh: there shall come a Star out of Jacob, and a Sceptre shall rise out of Israel, and shall smite the corners of Moab, and destroy all the children of Sheth.
18 And Edom shall be a possession, Seir also shall be a possession for his enemies; and Israel [Christians] shall do valiantly.

19 Out of Jacob shall come he that shall have dominion, [Dan 7:13, 14; 26,27] and shall destroy him that remaineth of the city.

None of these verses by John indicate some future figure; but refer to those that reject his past visitation, indwelling and completed coming.

17 Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world. 1 John 4:17

and again -

But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. 2 Peter 3:7

and again -

5 But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God, 6 who "will render to each one according to his deeds": 7 eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality; 8 but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness--indignation and wrath, 9 tribulation and anguish, on every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek; 10 but glory, honor, and peace to everyone who works what is good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 11 For there is no partiality with God. 12 For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law 13 (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified; 14 for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves, 15 who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them) 16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.

That Day, Known as the Day of the Lord has not come, for when it does, ALL will know that Jesus Christ is Lord, as it is written -

9 It shall be in that day that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem. 10 "And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced. Yes, they will mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son, and grieve for Him as one grieves for a firstborn. Zechariah 12:9-10

Unfortunately for those who claim this event came in 70 AD, they have trouble explaining as why Titus and the Romans were not destroyed according to the Word of the Lord - I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. 3 For when they say, "Peace and safety!" then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape. 4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief.

JLB

Unfortunately for those who claim this event came in 70 AD,
they have trouble explaining as why Titus and the Romans were not destroyed
according to the Word of the Lord - I will seek to
destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem
Is Rome in power today?

he also didn't quote the part where is says I will smite the horse with his rider. the ac's army will be so effectual that it will transerve miles to attack isreal's army( a modern one) with horse and they will cry to the lord.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back