Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is Christian Rock Satanic ?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
What is christ-like about imitating punker and gansta attitudes?

Much of the Christian rock these days mimics the "attitude" of the secular punk/metalic/gansta/hard-core rockers, and they think just because they change the wording that it makes all the difference? :o

Since when did Jesus take on the attitude of the sinner in order to bring them to the place of repentance and the recieving of the Holy Spirit?

Answer is: He did not. What he did do is to tell them to "Go and sin no more".

I did in fact read many of the articles posted on the site. He makes some good points.

However, I thought it interesting that anyone wishing to E-mail him are taken to a web page called "hypocrites.htm".

The sad thing about what Bruce has to say is that he is as guilty as the critics that he claims to refute.

We are commanded to "Do all things without murmurings and disputings."

Sad to say, both sides of the CCM issue are equally guilty of such "vain" disputings, refusing to see that both have perfectly good points.

I just speed-read the 1st article on that site & it seemed mostly rambling & off-topic, so I read down the menu & couldn't see any @ the specific styles of gangsta, heavy metal, etc, highlighted so far

The menu seems, like that 1st feature, to be @ rock in general?

If so, Psalm 150 commands all kinds of instruments be used in worship - inc 'loud, crashing cymbals' & dancing

Psalm 47:1 commands hand-clapping & shouting praise to the Lord

The Bible consistently calls God our Rock (& Fortress & Strong Tower etc)

Christian Rock music & lyrics, like God's Word, are steady, strong & simple: God does not just communicate to intellectuals & academics, but actually chooses the 'foolish' to confound the 'wise' - as in 1 Corinthians 1:18-27

The only Christian bands I've seen, live & on Christian TV, use the contemporary musical styles, but not the secular attitudes

Don't forget Charles Wesley wrote his hymns to the popular dance music of his time - & was heavily criticised for it

Salvation Army too

As for King David's wife complaining @ his passionate dancing 'with all his might to the Lord', he famously replied, 'I'll become even more undignified than this' - as sung now in a really rocking worship song!

They called Jesus satanic too

& He said they'd do the same to us

Timely link to article by very successful African culture influencer @ how Christians can best be a counter-culture for the common good:-

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2006/007/31.32.html

My own experience & heartfelt plea is for Christian gospel songs & prophetic songs to reach this generation

Did anyone see 'the world's Christian youth called to Berlin' - live on Sat on http://www.God.TV - quite powerful stuff in this time of great crisis

I posted @ 12 gospel & worship lyrics, @ Oct/Nov, in our Poetry/Creative Writing forum

Back with 1/2 links to encourage any creative readers out there to get writing

Here's 'Before Our Eyes'

http://www.christianforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=18604

Index link @ the bottom to see the many other posts there

Must go

Ian

I like gospel rock, gospel metal, gospel R&B, gospel country, gospel jazz.
God does not care what type music you use to get His word across, because He created all things, man could not come up with any genre of music unless it was in the mind of God first. God knows that not everybody is the same. Because not everyone is going to like the same type of music. But God uses all types of music these days to get His Word across. Foe instance people who like metal are hearing the gospel. Because it meets them where they are.

Not intending at all to confuse the issue...

Music is a vehicle that carries emotion.

Nothing wrong with a good tune.

It's the attitude behind it which makes all the difference.

Christian rock is absolutely 100% none satanic. Otherwise y would i have made a website for it?

Relic

Can you explain a little more what you mean by "attitude"? Can you give an example? :-?

The Music of Devils in the CHURCH!!!

Christian Fortress said:
Christian rock is absolutely 100% none satanic. Otherwise y would i have made a website for it?

Well, Look what I found!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Religious rock and roll is like the frog and the water. The term "rock and
roll" means fornication. It is a street name for sexual immorality. It has
wrecked the lives of many teenagers through suicide, drug abuse, immorality,
perversion, satanism, etc. Sadly, we live in a day where many Christians and
church leaders are allowing this demonic music into their churches, claiming
that the music is holy and sanctified because the lyrics are changed to
include some 'religious' words. Where is the discernment in the church? Are
Christians losing their ability to discern the difference between good and
evil? The fact that this demonic music even made it into the church is proof
of the moral and spiritual decline affecting the church today. We are being
invaded by hard rock, acid rock, punk rock, new wave, and heavy metal music
under the guise of religious rock and roll....

You can read full the article at
http://www.whitedove.cc

Anyone read 'Playing With Fire' by classically trained Manchester Christian pro musician Alex Robertson? Published by Barrat in 1996

He shows, quite thoroughly, how each & every style of music, inc opera, can be, & has been, used by both God & Satan - the lyrics of several operas exalt fornication & adultery

& 'The Magic Flute' was a promo for occult Freemasonry: opera means works & we must choose, in all things, between the works of the Spirit & the works of the flesh

Someone asked @ attitude: the Bible says, 'the heart of man is deceitful above all things & desparately wicked'

Jesus told even Nicodemus, the official religious teacher of Israel, 'unless a man is born again, he cannot even see the kingdom of God'

Paul said something @ how unregenerate man does all things out of selfish & wrong motives, & how, as Christians, we need to glorify Christ & be a blessing to our neighbour, especially those of the household of faith

The same knife can be both surgeon's scalpel & murderer's dagger

'Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks'

God bless!

Ian

MrVersatile48 said:
Anyone read 'Playing With Fire' by classically trained Manchester Christian pro musician Alex Robertson? Published by Barrat in 1996

He shows, quite thoroughly, how each & every style of music, inc opera, can be, & has been, used by both God & Satan - the lyrics of several operas exalt fornication & adultery

& 'The Magic Flute' was a promo for occult Freemasonry: opera means works & we must choose, in all things, between the works of the Spirit & the works of the flesh

Someone asked @ attitude: the Bible says, 'the heart of man is deceitful above all things & desparately wicked'

Jesus told even Nicodemus, the official religious teacher of Israel, 'unless a man is born again, he cannot even see the kingdom of God'

Paul said something @ how unregenerate man does all things out of selfish & wrong motives, & how, as Christians, we need to glorify Christ & be a blessing to our neighbour, especially those of the household of faith

The same knife can be both surgeon's scalpel & murderer's dagger

'Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks'

God bless!

Ian
Man will take anything that is good and mess it up.

Some of the christian rock out there today is just....weird.
The message is muddled to the point that it leaves you wondering what the message is.
I would rather listen to a secular song that is easily understood than listen to some of the strange lyrics of todays christian rock.
There are spirits behind music, and I don't feel right about what I spiritually discern with some of the songs out there today in the religious arena.

destiny said:
Some of the christian rock out there today is just....weird.
The message is muddled to the point that it leaves you wondering what the message is.
I would rather listen to a secular song that is easily understood than listen to some of the strange lyrics of todays christian rock.
There are spirits behind music, and I don't feel right about what I spiritually discern with some of the songs out there today in the religious arena.
And you are right, you have to be careful at what you listen to.

Some Christian rock is kinda screwed up, but I wouldn't think it was satanic...
If Christian rock was satanic, then almost anything would be considered satanic...

If I may step in to say some things, and speak about a band who has gotten no end of controvesy all because of what they sing about, what do they sing about? God, but God in a VERY deep way, thats not seen by many in today's Christian music Market. Few have heard of this band that does God's work, they're an obscure band, they're known as Saviour Machine, a Christian Goth/Symphonic Metal/REALLY awsome band for God in fact their very first CD was banned and pulled from Christian music shelves in the early 90's all because of one song, with one line in it that was STRAIGHT from the Bible, I shall post this song: "Legion moves over the land
Softly he whispers, his forces command
Naked she lies on the crucifix crying
the tears of the innocent die
The dragon slides between her thighs
The dragon breathes the fire
As blood drips from her eyes
Until delivered of the child

And all the leaders of the nations follow single file
And all the brothers of the legion drift upon the Nile
To face the beast in all its ecstasy
And dreams of out betrayal
As love will die within the force
That drains is from the grail
She drinks the blood of prophets
And she drinks the blood of saints
Between her legs they crawl in torment
For the souls they lay to waste
Upon the altar, the sacrifice begins
The dragon takes another, and feeds upon his sins
To live and breathe again
Under the night, Under the Liar
Into the night, Into the fire

Is this the coming of the day?
As the alliance of the dragon takes its prey

Is this the call of revolution?
Is this the fall of revolution of the soul?

Is this the cry from all corruption?
Or is corruption just a fortress we bestow?

And if you're looking for the Answer
And if you're looking for the Light that leads the way

Take my hand and I will lead you
Where the torture and the pain will drift away

Stay with Me..." The line in question was: "The dragon slides between her thighs" this is from Revelation, speaking about the woman and the dragon. Anyway tell me what you think?

I've only heard their music, very recently, from a source that is so close to God , I will not mention, and they are very in depth and close to God. There's nothing satanic about them. Plus, the way their music sounds is great. Don't see why a band that loves God, is rejected by many Christians...

They wrote in song for their first albumn called Killer, its about Christians who are so closed off to anything that is "different" or "odd" or whatever you want to say, here are the lyrics: "Killer, killer
Killer lives in silent dreams
Of genocide philosophy rebirth
Killer, killer
Killer lies in frightened eyes
Obsessed with words that terrorize the earth

Killer hides inside of the dead
Killer walks in fear of his own
Killer judges all that is said
Killer doesn't see what is shown

Killer is dying within
Killer is taking the soul from the man
Killer is stalking again
Killer is breaking the heart of his plan

Pray for the killer
Pray for his son
Pray for the killer
Pray for his day to be done

Killer's face is ominous
Killer's heart is black
Killer's mind is on the loose
Killer will attack
Killer can't communicate
Killer can't investigate
Killer will interrogate
Killer will annihilate

Killers run like insects to destroy the battle cry
Killers use their influence to animate the sky

Killer's high anxiety becomes obsessed with therapy
Killer's insecurity paints the wall with purity

Killers aren't diverted from their mission to destroy
Assigned to the demoralized
The course of dreamers hypnotized

Killer's promiscuity infects his false security
When forced to use his intellect
To trace the path of righteousness

Killers build their ladders to the sky
To stand in judgment over high
Across the galaxy of fear
That brings the criminal to tears

Stare into the killer's eyes
Stare into the killer's eyes

Stare into his eyes
Stare beyond his lies

Is it time for the end
For the wounds to be mend
And the servant to bleed from within

Is there truth in his words
Proof of return
Has the killer surrendered to sin

Has the killer betrayed
Has the killer enslaved
Has he stolen the eyes from his son

In the wake of the trial
In the hands of denial
Lies the killer and all that is one

Pray for the killer
Pray for this son
Pray for the killer
Pray for his day to be done"

the songs is a rather deep one, and its rather sorrowful imo, tell me what you all think

Back