Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Is It Anything About The Sabbath That We Must Know?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Your opinion that every word that God ever spoke is applicable to every person in the whole world who has ever lived or will ever live, irrespective of to whom God spoke it to..

Actually, it is. Don't underestimate your God Bro!

His message has always been to man. Mankind if you will. God picks this man or that man and tells him what to go say to the peoples of earth.

Maybe a scripture what says and to be tossed into the lae of fire is even personal to us inasmuch as we that are saved will get to see that happen when it does, so since we will be in attendance the verse is for us, just not in a firey way. I don't think it will be a joyus occassion at all. But every single word in that Bible covers everything in your life and every verse is written with you in mind. And me, and FHG...We have to unlock how, lol. But that's what the Holy Spirit does.

Your opinion that every word that God ever spoke is applicable to every person in the whole world who has ever lived or will ever live, irrespective of to whom God spoke it to..
Sir, my opinion is based on what God has allowed me understand, this is why my belief as I can see is different from yours, but I say this, why we can't love one another as Jesus said, not for my belief or yours, but for what He has said?

WHy would that create a problem? Just tell them to remember to keep the Sabbath day Holy, every 6 days. If they have a 6 day week then it is a 6 day work week included so take a day every 6 days.
Because the first Sabbath would be on the 1st day of the week, and the next Sabbath would be on the 2 day of the week, and the next Sabbath would be on the 3rd day of the week, etc., etc.

Because the first Sabbath would be on the 1st day of the week, and the next Sabbath would be on the 2 day of the week, and the next Sabbath would be on the 3rd day of the week, etc., etc.

Oh come on. When does common sense come into play here?

You're right. God will certainly throw them all into the fire because of a day of the week scheduling problem. Except for that's not the God I know.

Oh come on. When does common sense come into play here?

You're right. God will certainly throw them all into the fire because of a day of the week scheduling problem. Except for that's not the God I know.
The scheduling problem would be with the society working with a 6th day week calendar.

I think what's going on here is two groups of understanding have formed. Carnal Christians who are all about scripture and oh don't give me anything about the Spirit of God, a commandment is a commandment.

And the spiritual Christians who know God in Spirit and account for Him and His heart. And God's spirit tells us everytime that He loves His children and is not willing that any should perish, especially not for a minor perceived infraction of scripture.

Sir, my opinion is based on what God has allowed me understand, this is why my belief as I can see is different from yours, but I say this, why we can't love one another as Jesus said, not for my belief or yours, but for what He has said?
It would be more honest not to
blame God for what you’ve chosen to believe. He doesn’t “allow” people to believe what they’ve chosen. What’s he supposed to do when they prefer lies? Zap them?

Or if you prefer, he’s allowed everyone to choose what they believe, true or false, including you. The alternative, force the truth, is worse than letting people believe lies.

It would be more honest not to
blame God for what you’ve chosen to believe. He doesn’t “allow” people to believe what they’ve chosen. What’s he supposed to do when they prefer lies? Zap them?

Or if you prefer, he’s allowed everyone to choose what they believe, true or false, including you. The alternative, force the truth, is worse than letting people believe lies.
To be honest with you, I rather obey God.

Love, Walter

To be honest with you, I rather obey God.

Love, Walter
Assuming what you know is God “allowing you” to know is NOT obeying Him as obeying Him is a choice to do something not knowing something. Not a single person in the Bible decided God was responsible for what they knew. Jesus laid the responsibility directly on us. So obeying Him means acknowledging this, that what you know is YOUR choice, not his.

Assuming what you know is God “allowing you” to know is NOT obeying Him as obeying Him is a choice to do something not knowing something. Not a single person in the Bible decided God was responsible for what they knew. Jesus laid the responsibility directly on us. So obeying Him means acknowledging this, that what you know is YOUR choice, not his.
As I understand His words then I react to what He is saying to me, this is why we must have a personal relationship with Him.

As I understand His words then I react to what He is saying to me, this is why we must have a personal relationship with Him.
That’s exactly what the deceived say too. The question is whether it is God speaking or you speaking. If you just assume what you believe is what “he allows,” then the likelihood of deception is greater as you’ve surrendered your responsibility. He sees you as responsible for what you believe. He never says he’s responsible for what you believe.

That’s exactly what the deceived say too. The question is whether it is God speaking or you speaking. If you just assume what you believe is what “he allows,” then the likelihood of deception is greater as you’ve surrendered your responsibility. He sees you as responsible for what you believe. He never says he’s responsible for what you believe.
That’s exactly what the
? Are you saying that we are deceived?

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back