Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is rock music demonic?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
The reason I ask this because when I watched a video that says that "Christian" rock is not possible because of the culture, origins, etc., and that made me think if it is okay to listen to it because the one I listen to isn't full on blaspheming against God, like Crush 40's music, Striving High and Low, etc. So, is rock music inheritly sinful or okay as long the lyrics is not blasphemous?

"every time i drank i did not always do activities that were satanic, but any time i had been doing anything that was satanic i had been drinking" -Dave Mustaine

well- most music is signed by occultists, i believe some ritual around a full moon and invoking some creatures into the pieces. i just thought of this the other day, and i remember one young boy was diagnosed with schizophrenia because he started to hear evil voices and ideas when he listened to pop music
if you look at k-pop, juice world and justin bieber- you wont see males that are really attractive, but the young women are losing their minds over them
listening to this type of music can potentially leak into your subconcious as there is occult and satanic pieces embedded- they use certain phrases and words, and of course have demon-like entities bound by rituals

if you go in cold water, eventually you will become cold. i dont consider it a sin to listen to music that is poisoned, but it is a risk, especially if you combine it with mind-altering substances, alcohol especially.

theres also a whole divide on 440 vs 432hz- maybe ask for guidance, listen to god and see how certain music affects you, if it causes you to enter negative thoughtpatterns etc. the occult is very much involved in the music industry!

I don't know if anyone remembers back masking back in the seventies, but you could take and album and play it backwards and hear satanic messages within the lyrics. This is a fact as I have done that before, especially with Black Sabbath albums.

subliminal messages are also a big deal, they may also put in messages in a tone that we cant conciously comprehend, some rumor has it that they do this in commercials, hence why the audio levels rises when commercials comes on TV. TV is more dangerous than rock music in my opinion. you get also a quazi-hypnotic sedated state where youre more receptive

I don't know if anyone remembers back masking back in the seventies, but you could take and album and play it backwards and hear satanic messages within the lyrics. This is a fact as I have done that before, especially with Black Sabbath albums.

Backward masking was more than subliminal messaging. It was a technique used in the magick of Aleister Crowley. He believed those who could discipline the mind by breaking social norms of thinking would be more prepared to receive messages and thoughts from "the gods," i.e. from demons, and act on them accordingly. This is why some of the more famous musicians who were heavy devotees of Aleister Crowley included it in their music, especially Jimmy Page and John Lennon.

From Liber Viæ Memoriæ:
Let the Exempt Adept first train himself to think backwards by external means. Let him learn to write backwards, with either hand. Let him learn to walk backwards... [and] let him practice speaking backwards. Thus, for "I am He" let him say, "Eh ma I."

The reason I ask this because when I watched a video that says that "Christian" rock is not possible because of the culture, origins, etc., and that made me think if it is okay to listen to it because the one I listen to isn't full on blaspheming against God, like Crush 40's music, Striving High and Low, etc. So, is rock music inheritly sinful or okay as long the lyrics is not blasphemous?

I've been a big fan of rock music my whole life, and once you've become immersed in it it can be hard to separate yourself from it, largely because many of the most famous rock stars in history sold their souls to the Devil for fame and fortune, and as a result demonic spirits aided them in achieving talent that was almost unworldly. I have very little doubt that Eddie Van Halen went this route, and he is someone whose music I still listen to today, along with several others.

Anyway, there are several accounts of this, going all the way back to Niccolo Paginini and Robert Johnson. Both are discussed in the following video, but the point being that you might want to avoid rock if at all possible. There is a hook in it, if you will. In fact there are several hooks... I'll see if I can find an extended quote from a former High Priestess who said she participated in ceremonies where demonic spells were placed on the recordings, which further bound people who listened to them.

I'll see if I can find an extended quote from a former High Priestess who said she participated in ceremonies where demonic spells were placed on the recordings, which further bound people who listened to them.

It's right here. This is from He Came To Set The Captives Free, by Rebecca Brown.

As mentioned earlier in the book, Elaine has personally met a lot of the rock stars. They have all agreed to serve Satan in return for money and fame. They have received all they wanted, but also much they didn't expect. Their very souls and lives are destroyed. These rock stars know exactly what they are doing. They are, step by step, teaching untold millions of young people to worship and serve Satan.

Elaine attended special ceremonies at various recording studios throughout the US for the specific purpose of placing Satanic blessings of the music recorded. She and others did incantations which would place demons on every record and tape of rock music sold. At times they also called up demons who spoke on the recordings... Also, in many, many of the recordings, the Satanists themselves were recorded in the background (masked by the overall noice of the music) doing chants and incantations to summon up more demons every time one of the records or tapes or videos is played. As the music is played, these demons are called into the room to afflict the person playing the music and anyone else who is listening. (P.146)

I've been a big fan of rock music my whole life, and once you've become immersed in it it can be hard to separate yourself from it, largely because many of the most famous rock stars in history sold their souls to the Devil for fame and fortune, and as a result demonic spirits aided them in achieving talent that was almost unworldly. I have very little doubt that Eddie Van Halen went this route, and he is someone whose music I still listen to today, along with several others.

My answer to this has been to give myself to the word instead. When my mind is concentrated on the word of God and on study, I don't normally listen to music much anymore. Some would say there's Christian music, but my point is that talent-wise, the worldly stuff can spoil things for you because it's substantially better.

And ultimately I think music is created to worship God with, not entertain and titillate the soul anyway.

Just a little advice from someone with years of personal experience in this area. I played in rock bands when I was young, and came to the place where I had to make a conscious decision of whether I would serve Satan or not myself. I declined, and my music career went downhill immediately as a result. It would have gone the exact opposite direction if I had accepted, but I ended up giving my life to the Lord Jesus Christ instead.

Hope it helps,
- H

I grew up being taught that, but no. The short of it is, no style of music is inherently bad. It's simply a medium that can be used for either good or bad.
There's an excellent article on this that is rather hard to find, but I will link it if I can find it. (edit: Went to the way back machine, still can't find it. RIP.)

A bit disappointed to see "Satanic Panic" in this thread

Last edited:
Crush 40's music
908.jpg

There are artists you don't want to listen to, some are sketchy, others are just plain as day. I tend to stray from pop music as some of the artists themselves worship Satan. But really it's the type of artist they are and you can sometimes tell who they are by the lyrics, but not always. Some people have tried to debunk the subliminal messages (playing the music backwards) but even a member of Christian rock band can fall to evil. The fame gets to their head.

the most obvious proofs that its possible to gain power by selling your soul to the devil is the "magicians" that go on TV, theres hours long compilations of these folks breaking physics- and every now and then people in these clips will call them out for being in touch with the devil
even the most openminded people i know where i showed them these videos rejected it because it was too dark for them to accept. you can see them putting their hands through solid objects, reaching in and grabbing something, one of them walked through the chinese wall, all recorded to prove that it really did happen. no camera tricks. most absurd one as much as 20 living people was teleported off stage and 50 meters away infront of thousands of people, long range teleportations in real time have also been done- the devil owns the earth, but only in a sense that the devil rents earth. god is the owner and creator of both god and the devil.

very interesting post Hidden in him, Dave Mustaine has a video on youtube, an interview where he talks about how he converted to christianity and continues to play rock music
some of his old records he refuses to play, he didnt go super deep into detail about devils coded into the songs and such but it was very interesting anyhow.
the times i have had some visitors in my mind, they would usually be gone quickly when asked to identify themselves, once you got their name you got them on a leash.

Interestingly most things have religion involved. Lyrics are the key to identification, not the music or tempo. God loves music, hence the Psalms (songs). Most media is demonic by nature, as it does not glorify God. Heck most Disney movies I loved and grew up with were satanic, if you think I am in error, just watch some of them and compare them to God's word.

Back