Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is rock music demonic?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The reason I ask this because when I watched a video that says that "Christian" rock is not possible because of the culture, origins, etc., and that made me think if it is okay to listen to it because the one I listen to isn't full on blaspheming against God, like Crush 40's music, Striving High and Low, etc. So, is rock music inheritly sinful or okay as long the lyrics is not blasphemous?

The reason I ask this because when I watched a video that says that "Christian" rock is not possible because of the culture, origins, etc., and that made me think if it is okay to listen to it because the one I listen to isn't full on blaspheming against God, like Crush 40's music, Striving High and Low, etc. So, is rock music inheritly sinful or okay as long the lyrics is not blasphemous?
Like my camera I can use it to take photos of nude women or glorify God with it .the camera isn't sin

Nothing wrong with country , jazz,and big band ?

Oh I bet I can pick apart them all.
Country alone is easy enough .

You got that right Brother! Lol. Country music is all depressing. ...you broke my heart, so I busted your jawww....Lol, it's all the same song!.

Music is powerful and most people just wont admit it. I have red some stuff that detailed that, when Heavy Metal was emerging the biggest thing they did to the music was to tune down. Then apply satanic lyrics and you a rich rockstar!

There's a reason you don't hear low tuned power chords in Gospel music, even Christian Rock for the most part! Because music touches the soul. People who don't believe that are ignorant on the subject. The Bible tells us how powerful the tongue is by what you speak. So for those who may find themselves singing along with a song that has a melody they like, what's that song about? You can't understand all of what you are singing along with, so you have to get the lyrics. Because when you sing along with a song you are coming into agreement with the song, and speaking/singing it's words into the air with the power of life and death in the tongue that sang it.

(whiney voice) Ohh there's nothing dangerous about music, tra la la...
Be Careful. Singing it is agreeing with it. Agreeing with it invites the wrong spirits over (assuming dark lyrics). You don't want to open doors accidently.

I do like Big Band and Jazz too. Most of it is high energy music that makes you feel good. And it's mostly instrumental without lyrics, Lol! I like Bluegrass too.

Btw Hawkman, I actually wrote a Bible Study related to some of this stuff awhile back. It centered on Satan's deceitful offer to make men "gods" from the very beginning. I eventually get into Lennon and the Beatles by the end, and where he eventually ended up. I included the image of how when the inner sleeve of Sgt. Pepper's is placed up against a mirror, symbols of Crowley's OTO become clearly visible, along with sexual imagery typical of his religion.
http://www.spiritualwarbiblestudies.com/index.php?topic=273.0

There's also a book that was written about him and a supposed 20 year pact that he made with the Devil for fame. I never read it, but I may buy it some day.

The following video is somewhat tongue in cheek, but discusses part of the legend starting at 5:25.

15 years spent writing the book :eek . John Lennon’s Pact with Satan

I do like Big Band and Jazz too. Most of it is high energy music that makes you feel good. And it's mostly instrumental without lyrics, Lol! I like Bluegrass too.
Yet it was part of the roaring twenties.

I'm gonna drink ,gamble listening music that edifies God .

Bluegrass where in Florida ,beer is sold and often depending on venue .children aren't allowed and pot is used .

No music is exempt from this problem and that's my point.

I find different eras to photo.a speak easy house Is on my route .it was a restaurant with a bar .one of two that still stand that I have photos

I went to the grant seafood festival last year and noticed the lyrics if bluegrass quite unedifying

What? You don't like Alison Krauss? She is bluegrass gospel music if you ask me. She does Down to the River to Pray studyin' about that good ol' way..amd I'll fly away and her and them soggy bottom boys , scuse me, Union Station! They just nail that I am a man of Constant Sorrow.

There's nothing unedifying about this song.

I'd say the biggest worry in music today is idolizing them. A Christian melodic metalcore band, As I Lay Dying, Tim Lambesis tried hiring a hitman to kill his wife. I used to listen to them regularly but after what the lead singer tried to do I stopped. Couldnt even get into their latest album, though if I recall they had a lot of thrash metal but wasn't in their latest album but whatever I wasnt into it. Band broke up yet again, I guess Tim was still dealing with his issues.. either way it's not always the music but the artist behind it that matters too. We don't always know what their intentions are, what their lyrics are portraying.

Country music and bluegrass .
I would have to marry my sister ..truck dont start ..tractor done got stolen .
Soon there will be a country song about a man's wife, dog, and truck all leaving him. We are in the age of self driving cars.

You could torture me by making me listen to generic rap tbh. There IS good rap, but the stuff that plays on the radio ain't it.

You could torture me by making me listen to generic rap tbh. There IS good rap, but the stuff that plays on the radio ain't it.

I was once at a convenience store and this dude was out in the parking lot blaring that nonsense, so I told the cashier, "There's only one thing that music is missing: Notes."

He said, "Yeah, and the drums are playing lead (mechanically)."

Every time I'm stuck in public having to hear that stuff, I'm like, "My kingdom for a melody line... I'm begging you...

Dear God, Help Me! Please!"

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back