Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is rock music demonic?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
The reason I ask this because when I watched a video that says that "Christian" rock is not possible because of the culture, origins, etc., and that made me think if it is okay to listen to it because the one I listen to isn't full on blaspheming against God, like Crush 40's music, Striving High and Low, etc. So, is rock music inheritly sinful or okay as long the lyrics is not blasphemous?

Rock has a lot of demonic origins that still remain today, tons of rioting, sexual immorality and drugs, tons and tons of drugs. Even the environment...

The reason I ask this because when I watched a video that says that "Christian" rock is not possible because of the culture, origins, etc., and that made me think if it is okay to listen to it because the one I listen to isn't full on blaspheming against God, like Crush 40's music, Striving High and Low, etc. So, is rock music inheritly sinful or okay as long the lyrics is not blasphemous?
I think the answer is found in how the person behaves after listening to it. You see God won’t care the least little bit if we enjoyed the music. He won’t ask if WE enjoyed dancing to music we like. We can read what He requires of us and it won’t mention that we are pleased or satisfied or happy.

What He cares about is how we behaved, frankly speaking. The majority of Jesus’ teaching concerns how we treat others. No word on enjoying music or life or even Him.

So if the music enables you to be more just and merciful to others, if it generates kindness and forgiveness towards others, then it builds you up in the faith.

I’ve heard of believers who were struggling when God told them to stop listening to rock and when they did, they were free. But It’s not my testimony.

The words of Paul come to mind, All things are permitted but not all things build you up, So if the question is if a man can keep listening to what he’s always liked, it’s a question not merely of permission but WHO are you living to please? You or Him?

For those wanting their rock music, my suggestion is to see if your treatment of people is better or worse after engaging in this pleasure and/or ask God if that is pleasing music to Him. If you like it but He doesn’t, who wins?

Was thinking about other kinds of music…there are hymns or “worship” songs that when our church sings them, I have to leave they so grieve the Holy Spirit. The melody is lovely. The words come right from the pit, they are so egoistic. There are many ways to enjoy “wrong” music.

Back