Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study KJVO and the Strongs Concordance

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
No, the Greek is “Monogenes” as I said. An independent source says that’s what it means. Independent means no stake in the matter.

No, the KJV agrees with me and says “only begotten.” I find it troubling that you refuse to admit this fact.

You have no way to say HOW he was unique. “Monogenes” says how. I know the WAY he is unique. If you deny the begotten, how is he unique besides you saying so? Adam was also the son of God.

No, it means legitimate biologically. The KJV doesn’t not agree with you at all.
Please go back and read my posts because you are not at all following what I am saying.

Because my brothers or sisters here attack her as a person using insulting adjectives. She isn’t the only one who sees the Received Text as closer to the originals and is suspicious of these manuscripts that have removed references to Christ deity and instructions pertaining to righteous God pleasing living as seemingly a target.

But let me ask you, what damage does she do? I know of ministries and teachings whose false doctrine does a lot of damage.
It is written in scripture that we are to expose false teachers and their false doctrines as long as we know for a surety they are false.

Romans 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. 18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

Ephesians 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

1 Timothy 5:20 Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.

Titus 1: 10 For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision: 11 Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake. 12 One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, The Cretians are alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies. 13 This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith; 14 Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth. 15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled. 16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

Amen!! To be truthful, we are only a discussion site here. When we all agree, the discussion is over. If we started a thread where only those who agree can post, it will be short lived and boring. In real life we can demonstrate our love easily working and playing side by side.

And here we have the rare challenge of character school. Since we are from the anglo american culture, we’re not taught the christlike way of debating but here we can learn it. How do we talk to those who disagree with us??? Public figures teach us to slap them in face figuratively or physically. How should we respond? That’s the lesson here.

But start a thread where only those who agree with the post they are responding do can post. I’m a scientist. It’s a good experiment.
If all the members would read the Terms of Service 1.1, 1.3 and 1.5 and follow them then all discussions, even if we disagree, can be discussed in the unity of love for one another.

I've encountered Dorothy Mae previously on other Christian forums but haven't seen her there recently.

Her King James vs Chaucer and Shakespeare argument makes no sense. They are a) not translations and b) not the Word of God, so comparing them is baseless.

Secondly, she makes a big deal out of the KJV using the word "begotten" but when I mention the KJV use of the word "unicorn" she dismisses it.

I can't take her discussions seriously...

I've encountered Dorothy Mae previously on other Christian forums but haven't seen her there recently.

Her King James vs Chaucer and Shakespeare argument makes no sense. They are a) not translations and b) not the Word of God, so comparing them is baseless.

Secondly, she makes a big deal out of the KJV using the word "begotten" but when I mention the KJV use of the word "unicorn" she dismisses it.

Not speaking for Dorothy Mae, but I don't believe she has insinuated in any way that Shakespeare is the word of God. But like Shakespeare, the language of the King James is written with a similar prose. We read and quote Shakespeare because some of the lines are memorable. Likewise the King James is written in a similar prose, there are lines and phrases that are memorable, easy to recall.

In a similar fashion, we learn and remember the words to our favorite songs, but no one recalls the words to yesterdays news article.

Not speaking for Dorothy Mae, but I don't believe she has insinuated in any way that Shakespeare is the word of God. But like Shakespeare, the language of the King James is written with a similar prose. We read and quote Shakespeare because some of the lines are memorable. Likewise the King James is written in a similar prose, there are lines and phrases that are memorable, easy to recall.

In a similar fashion, we learn and remember the words to our favorite songs, but no one recalls the words to yesterdays news article.
Perfect!!! Thank you Exrider!

It is written in scripture that we are to expose false teachers and their false doctrines as long as we know for a surety they are false.

Romans 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. 18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

Ephesians 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

1 Timothy 5:20 Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.

Titus 1: 10 For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision: 11 Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake. 12 One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, The Cretians are alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies. 13 This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith; 14 Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth. 15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled. 16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.
The theology? Yes. The person? no. The above does not allow using insulting terms on her as a person.

Do you know the verse where in Jude where even the angels didn’t call Satan nasty names?

“Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.”

I thought you put me on ignore. It would be preferable as opposed to insulting posts. Doesn’t hurt me. We have no relationship to lose. But I fear it does damage to your standing with the Lord and that bothers me. Those who insult others with whom they disagree will find less of His grace in their lives. How we deal with people (mercy or lack thereof, justice or lack thereof) plays a major role with Him.

God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.

Last edited:
Free, I’m wondering if your position is:

Jesus is the one and only Son of God because he is unique. He is unique because He’s the one and only Son of God. Is that your position?

Free, I’m wondering if your position is:

Jesus is the one and only Son of God because he is unique. He is unique because He’s the one and only Son of God. Is that your position?
He is the Son of God in a unique sense. He is eternally begotten, not made, and is the only true Son of God in that sense. That is what the use of monogenes supports.

Free, do you believe Jesus was the son conceived by the Holy Spirit? That is a fundamental point. And where do I not understand?
Yes, of course I believe that. That is what Matt 1:18 and Luke 1:35 tell us.

It is worth noting that In Matt 1:20, in regards to Jesus, the Greek word translated as “conceived” is gennao. Also, in Luke 1:31 and 2:21, in regards to Jesus, it is the Greek word sullambano (also used in regards to John the Baptist in 1:25 and 1:36).

Last edited:
He is the Son of God in a unique sense. He is eternally begotten, not made, and is the only true Son of God in that sense. That is what the use of monogenes supports.
How can one be eternally begotten when that is an act that begins and ends in time? That’s like saying eternally conceived.

Back