Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Mark of the beast

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Kathi The verses i posted are in John not The Revelation ...
1Jn 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

1Jn 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son

1Jn 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world

2Jn_1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

To me these verse describe who/what is antichrist.
I quoted you verses from Daniel and Revelation.The numbers or the verses are right there.

I understand KathI do any of those verses speak of anti christ.? Literally they do not... To see an antichrist in those verses one has to interpret scripture. To see antichrist in John there is no need for mans interpretation ...

Having once believed as you do I understand what you are saying ,

Eschatology IMO is not unto salvation it is a topic i find very interesting... I enjoy reading, defending, discussing, searching out, the different views..

So what is he a regular person?
Isaiah 13 was fulfilled this week

1 The burden of Babylon, which Isaiah the son of Amoz did see.

2 Lift ye up a banner upon the high mountain, exalt the voice unto them, shake the hand, that they may go into the gates of the nobles.

3 I have commanded my sanctified ones, I have also called my mighty ones for mine anger, even them that rejoice in my highness.

4 The noise of a multitude in the mountains, like as of a great people; a tumultuous noise of the kingdoms of nations gathered together: the LORD of hosts mustereth the host of the battle.

5 They come from a far country, from the end of heaven, even the LORD, and the weapons of his indignation, to destroy the whole land.

6 Howl ye; for the day of the LORD is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the
Almighty.

did not fighters of isis came from a far country? is not iraqi cities destroyed because of them?

what son of man what about verse 4 how was it fulfilled?

Edited for TOS violation 2.10 of the complete TOS

read and here is a quote from the article

"Humanitarian agencies said Tuesday that between 10,000 and 40,000 civilians remain trapped on Mount Sinjar since being driven out of surrounding villages and the town of Sinjar two days earlier. But the mountain that had looked like a refuge is becoming a graveyard for their children."

now read. 4 The noise of a multitude in the mountains, like as of a great people; a tumultuous noise of the kingdoms of nations gathered together: the LORD of hosts mustereth the host of the battle.

is not 40,000 a great people?
tell me isis is not written in the bible?
and their leader is not anti-christ?
Tell me who is?
tell me which man caused armies to flee away from him like a flood wash away debris on the ground?
Which terrorist you knew had americans fighting for him? the same terrorist people who caused 911?(they was once al-qaeda)
Tell me which terrorist gained 1.5 billion in spoil and making 3 million a day from oil or gass alone?
Tell me is not written he scattered the spoil and richest amongst them in daniel 11?
did he not share what he stole by providing wages to his group?
Did you know that syrian rebel fighters where going him because they said quote(they have money and power)?
Tell me which man on earth has done something like this man?
A terrorist who has americans calling him their leader? tell me?
If this is not anti-christ i dont wanna know who is for i have NEVER NEVER NEVER
in my life seen a man or read about a man like this. doing what he is doing and to see
many things which he is doing is in the book daniel.

Whether this man is anti-christ or not i tell you this HE WILL KILL MANY CHRISTAINS AND HE WILL BECOME GREAT. so harden your hearts if you want to but i tell you for a surety this man is THE ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION

Isaiah 13 was fulfilled by Cyrus the Great 2500yrs ago.

Jesus Christ is NOT coming until He ends the Tribulation, which has NOT started yet.
Much, if not most, of what you are saying, is wrong.
You are expecting the antichrist to arrive on the scene as a war-mongering monster. On the contrary, he will be a peace loving "good guy", who can fix ALL of the world's problems. Because of his influence, the entire world will be at peace until something completely unexpected happens - GOD will cause those peace treaties to be broken, which will lead to WWIII, the near annihilation of the human race, and the return of Jesus Christ, in all of His glory for all to see.

YOU ARE RIGHT WHEN YOU SAY JESUS IS NOT COMING TILL THE END OF THE TRIBULATION.

we agree on that.

but how you say the anti-christ will come is where i disagree with you on. Just because the lord says he will come peacably does not mean he will be peaceful.

but your interpretation of it was given and mine was given but one of us is right and one of us is wrong.

For the great tribulation is the slaughter of the saints. and they will be slaughtered for 3 and a half years. Then the lord will come but you and i have different beliefs but one of us is wrong. but what does it matter? if i am wrong or if you are wrong?

AS LONG AS WE WATCH. and when you see the abomination of desolation standing in the holy place then flee.but do not save your life in fear of that vile person. but rather save your life in death for the lord.

NOW IF IT HAPPENS HOW YOU SAY THEN SO BE IT. BUT WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE. IF YOU WATCH AND JUST CONSIDER WHAT I AM SAYING?

If a person does not believe in the Anti-Christ they will not be looking out for him.Some world leader who is dynamic and tell the world he will fix everything,will charm the sock off of most people.You really have to know what to look for.That is an excellent deceptive tool for Satan for someone not to believe in the Anti-Christ.

If you believe that you need to look out for an “Anti-Christ” person so that you will not be deceived, then you have already allowed yourself to be deceived. Be fair warned, for the Lord said if you wanted to believe a lie, then he would send you strong delusion so that you would believe the lie (2 Thes 2:11).

You listed Daniel 9:24-27 as scriptural support for your Anti-Christ. Why would you take a prophecy that concerned our Lord and Messiah and then call him the antichrist?

The scripture says that they who believe on Christ, the same shall be saved. Where in the scripture does it say that Satan has an advantage over you if you do not believe in the Anti-Christ? Your thesis is completely backwards, for if you are truly in Christ, Satan has no advantage over you for Christ has already won the victory. But if you continue to search the scriptures so that you might know the antichrist when you see him, then you have already given Satan the advantage over you.

Jesus said “follow me.” Jesus said “seek ye first the kingdom of heaven.” If you are seeking after the Anti-Christ, then you are not seeking after the kingdom of heaven as you are instructed, but instead you chase after doctrines of devils and the things of this world. The delusion is strong indeed.

We as believers in Jesus are to follow after the Spirit of Christ, and we are to be created in his image. While the Spirit of the Lord is at work transforming us into the image of his Son, why would he waste anytime teaching us about an Anti-Christ when he is filling us with the Spirit and understanding of his Son?

Why do you read the scriptures looking for the Anti-Christ? Is it because you are of your father the devil as Jesus said? Malachi said that Elijah would come and turn the hearts of the fathers to the children and the hearts of the children to their fathers. Has your heart turned to Anti-Christ that you should know him?

The scripture can give you knowledge of the man Jesus, but the scripture can not reveal to you spirit of Christ. That revelation can only come through the Spirit by Faith. Do you look for an Anti-Christ when you read the scripture because the vail is still upon your heart? Which vail is done away in Christ (2 Cor 3:14-18).

Who is an antichrist but one who denies that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. If you await the return of Christ in the flesh, then you are antichrist. The promise was that the Spirit of Christ would come, and the Spirit of Christ indeed has come in the flesh. If the Spirit of Christ dwells with you, why do you look for another?

As we can see in this thread, the images of grandeur and wild imagination has vividly displayed some strong delusion, thinking to prophesy over things they know not. But as it is declared to us in the book of Revelation: The Testimony of Christ is the Spirit of Prophecy.

Peter wrote this to the Church

1 Peter 1 King James Version (KJV)
1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,
2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
6 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:
7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:
9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.
10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.
13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:
18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,
21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.
22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
24 For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:
25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

He also wrote:

1 Peter 5:8King James Version (KJV)
8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

Peter wrote this to the Church

1 Peter 1 King James Version (KJV)
1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,
2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
6 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:
7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:
9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.
10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.
13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:
18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,
21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.
22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
24 For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:
25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

He also wrote:

1 Peter 5:8King James Version (KJV)
8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
I think this is why Christians are in fear of being deceived and losing their souls.

WOW!
This has been almost an unbelievable thread to read. I can hardly believe some of the medieval thinking I am reading. I feel like I have been transported back into time hundreds of years.

Willie T Is that good or bad :biggrin
Let's just say it wasn't you or Deb....... and saying much more might get me in trouble.

Seriously, I find myself surprised at people still looking for "THE" antichrist, or hoping for a "rapture", or even thinking they may have to face some "Great Tribulation".

I understand KathI do any of those verses speak of anti christ.? Literally they do not... To see an antichrist in those verses one has to interpret scripture. To see antichrist in John there is no need for mans interpretation ...

Having once believed as you do I understand what you are saying ,

Eschatology IMO is not unto salvation it is a topic i find very interesting... I enjoy reading, defending, discussing, searching out, the different views..
Suit yourself.

Before I accepted Christ, I was anti-Christ. I look a imperfect persons and wondered why they claimed to be Christians? My eyes were on the imperfect. I fought against being converted. One man tried to witness to me and I mocked him and tore up his pamphlet and ate it. Two weeks later I felt the spirit enter my life and it was changed forever. I was 18 years old.

Before I accepted Christ, I was anti-Christ. I look a imperfect persons and wondered why they claimed to be Christians? My eyes were on the imperfect. I fought against being converted. One man tried to witness to me and I mocked him and tore up his pamphlet and ate it. Two weeks later I felt the spirit enter my life and it was changed forever. I was 18 years old.
Kathi, I pray one day you serve God in love and not fear. Keep reading and fellowshipping. This is how we learn. This is how we grow.

Kathi, I pray one day you serve God in love and not fear. Keep reading and fellowshipping. This is how we learn. This is how we grow.
I have learned and I am continuing to learn daily.I love God and I do not serve Him in fear.I will not be influenced by other interpretations here.I have grown tremendously the the past 15 years.

If you believe that you need to look out for an “Anti-Christ” person so that you will not be deceived, then you have already allowed yourself to be deceived. Be fair warned, for the Lord said if you wanted to believe a lie, then he would send you strong delusion so that you would believe the lie (2 Thes 2:11).

You listed Daniel 9:24-27 as scriptural support for your Anti-Christ. Why would you take a prophecy that concerned our Lord and Messiah and then call him the antichrist?

The scripture says that they who believe on Christ, the same shall be saved. Where in the scripture does it say that Satan has an advantage over you if you do not believe in the Anti-Christ? Your thesis is completely backwards, for if you are truly in Christ, Satan has no advantage over you for Christ has already won the victory. But if you continue to search the scriptures so that you might know the antichrist when you see him, then you have already given Satan the advantage over you.

Jesus said “follow me.” Jesus said “seek ye first the kingdom of heaven.” If you are seeking after the Anti-Christ, then you are not seeking after the kingdom of heaven as you are instructed, but instead you chase after doctrines of devils and the things of this world. The delusion is strong indeed.

We as believers in Jesus are to follow after the Spirit of Christ, and we are to be created in his image. While the Spirit of the Lord is at work transforming us into the image of his Son, why would he waste anytime teaching us about an Anti-Christ when he is filling us with the Spirit and understanding of his Son?

Why do you read the scriptures looking for the Anti-Christ? Is it because you are of your father the devil as Jesus said? Malachi said that Elijah would come and turn the hearts of the fathers to the children and the hearts of the children to their fathers. Has your heart turned to Anti-Christ that you should know him?

The scripture can give you knowledge of the man Jesus, but the scripture can not reveal to you spirit of Christ. That revelation can only come through the Spirit by Faith. Do you look for an Anti-Christ when you read the scripture because the vail is still upon your heart? Which vail is done away in Christ (2 Cor 3:14-18).

Who is an antichrist but one who denies that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. If you await the return of Christ in the flesh, then you are antichrist. The promise was that the Spirit of Christ would come, and the Spirit of Christ indeed has come in the flesh. If the Spirit of Christ dwells with you, why do you look for another?

As we can see in this thread, the images of grandeur and wild imagination has vividly displayed some strong delusion, thinking to prophesy over things they know not. But as it is declared to us in the book of Revelation: The Testimony of Christ is the Spirit of Prophecy.

we looking for the abomination of desolation spoken of by daniel the prophet.
We watching for the lords coming be cause it is written Watch so that day does not over take you as a theif

we rather die in the fear of the lord than not regarding his power.

Back