Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

marriage outside of your faith?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
no I actually was just saying how we'd raise my kid then you got upset because she's not christian which I said long ago... JW and Mormons are Christians. What else were you thinking?

Maybe you shouldn't attack because I'm not a polytheist nor do I value HIM as 3 like you guys seem to. We're all Christian aren't we?

I believe GOD is one and had 3 different roles and entities. I don't have a problem who's ignorant to that.

no I actually was just saying how we'd raise my kid then you got upset because she's not christian which I said long ago... JW and Mormons are Christians. What else were you thinking?

JW and Mormons are not true Christians as much as they would like to think they are.

You had been awfully elusive about her religion from the beginning. If you insist being a Muslim is not a big deal, why hide it then ?

Maybe you shouldn't attack because I'm not a polytheist nor do I value HIM as 3 like you guys seem to. We're all Christian aren't we?

I believe GOD is one and had 3 different roles and entities. I don't have a problem who's ignorant to that.

Which makes it even harder for us to believe that you would actually compromise your strong Christian faith and secretly marry a Muslim and even attempt to go through great lengths to defend her faith and false beliefs,... not to mention, be willing to let your future kids follow her footsteps if they so choose ...... :shame :shame :shame

Last edited by a moderator:
JW and Mormons are not true Christians as much as they would like to think they are.

You had been awfully elusive about her religion from the beginning. If you insist being a Muslim is not a big deal, why hide it then ?

Which makes it even harder for us to believe that you would actually compromise your strong Christian faith and secretly marry a Muslim and even attempt to go through great lengths to defend her faith and false beliefs,... not to mention, be willing to let your future kids follow her footsteps if they so choose ...... :shame :shame :shame
Another unknowing statement...

well if she believes either way our kid will make it to heaven if it does right and believes in GOD which yes she believes the Christians believe in GOD as it says it in her holy book... Then it's obviously not a big difference only to small minded Christians and Muslims. I think in both our holy books it accepts Christians Muslims and Jewish people to make it to heaven. The Quran actually says and the bible does imo in that if the old testament GOD is the father son and holy spirit and Jews accept the old testament GOD then essentially they accept the trinity without knowing it. Muslims believe anyone who believes in GOD to be Christians Jewish people Sabbayans and other faiths... Therefore accepting the trinity again...

You have to know other religions to know what you're talking about. She's never wanted to convert me because it's not eternal damnation in her eyes a Christian suffers. She actually says she feels close to religious Christians and true Christian people.. She also identifies closely with orthodox Jewish people and Muslims of course. More she does have a problem with Muslims the ones that believe in the Haddith. She's solely a Quranic Muslim. It annoys her. She has no distinction between the religion for others...

You're just prejudging...

well if she believes either way our kid will make it to heaven if it does right and believes in GOD which yes she believes the Christians believe in GOD as it says it in her holy book...

You are not a Bible-believing Christian then, as you seem to believe her holy book more than your holy book. Just so you know, Christians believe the Bible to be the ONLY God-inspired book, not the Quran or any other book.

I think in both our holy books it accepts Christians Muslims and Jewish people to make it to heaven.

I hate to break it to you, but NO, our holy book, the Bible accepts no such thing !

No Muslim or Jewish people are going to make it to heaven without salvation through Christ. I am surprised that you are unaware of this basic truth. :o

The Quran actually says and the bible does imo in that if the old testament GOD is the father son and holy spirit and Jews accept the old testament GOD then essentially they accept the trinity without knowing it. Muslims believe anyone who believes in GOD to be Christians Jewish people Sabbayans and other faiths... Therefore accepting the trinity again...

There you go again .... defending and believing what your Muslim wife thinks rather than what Christianity really teaches ! :shrug

You have to know other religions to know what you're talking about.

And what makes you think that we know nothing about Islam or other religions, or that we have less knowledge of them than you do ??!

She's never wanted to convert me because it's not eternal damnation in her eyes a Christian suffers. She actually says she feels close to religious Christians and true Christian people.. She also identifies closely with orthodox Jewish people and Muslims of course. More she does have a problem with Muslims the ones that believe in the Haddith. She's solely a Quranic Muslim. It annoys her. She has no distinction between the religion for others...

That very much sounds like the few close Muslim friends I have. They too love Christians. They too will never seek to convert me or other Christians as they know we won't suffer eternal damnation.

But too bad their appreciation for Christianity abruptly stops there and progresses no further to obtain salvation through total surrender to Jesus Christ.

Please don't tell me you didn't know this .... :chin

Okay, please everyone calm down. Thank you.

Secondly, justme1808, I want to touch upon several of the things you have brought up:

What, Mike, said about Allah not being the Biblical God is true. However, you are correct that Allah is just the Arabic word for God. The truth of the matter is that God as interpreted through the Quran is not the One True God. When you sit down and compare the Bible and the Quran, the understanding of who God is is not the same. The Quran and Islam are actually Antichrist. Five times a day Muslims pray that "Allah does not beget and he has no son." The Bible tells us that whover denies the Son denies the Father. You can continue to believe that you and your wife worship the same God, and you do, I agree, but you cannot claim that the God of the Bible is the same God of the Quran. That is theologically dishonest.

Next, your wife is a Quran only Muslim. I would question just how "Muslim" she is, because she belongs to a rogue camp of Muslims. I wonder if her beliefs leave her outside of the fold of Islam, because it might. Your wife is not presenting you with traditional Islam, since she doesn't believe in it herself, and may be the reason why you have some rogue beliefs about Islam as well.

You also do not have a proper understanding of Biblical Christianity. You are a monotheistic universalist. This is not Biblically sound, the Bible says "Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble" (James 2:19). If those who belive that believing in one God, and doing good deeds will get them into heaven, how does that separate them from the belief of devils? So then, what separates the Quranic Christ from the Biblical Christ? That He is God come in the flesh, who died on the cross, to atone for the sins of humanity. Islam denies that Christ is God who died on the cross for our sins. In fact, Islam removes the Judeo-Christian understanding of blood atonement entirely. The Bible is very clear, that the only way to heaven is through the forgiveness of sins, cleansed by the pure blood of Christ. You wife is not a follower of Christ, she is a follower of some of the teachings of Christ. Ghandi was a polytheist who also followed the teachings of Christ. If you want to claim that your wife is a follower of Christ, then you also have to agree that the polytheist Ghandi was also a fellower of Christ.

Lastly, you keep stating that you are a very religious Christian who is good. This gives rise to the fact that you do not seem to understand that being a follower of Christ has nothing to do with being good so you can get to heaven. No amount of any good deeds will get anyone into heaven, only the grace of Jesus' blood will. If you are judging yourself on how religiously good you are then why did you disobey God and date and marry a non-Christian in the first place? It was direct disobedience to the command of God. Now that you are married you are responsible for making it work, but if you have not sought repentance from God I suggest you do. You also keep stating that you are very religious, but did you know that the Greek word for religion is bondage? You are bound to the doctrine that all that matters is you pray and "be good." In the same breath you say that you pray more out of guilt but that you are very close to God. If you need guilt to motivate you to seek God in fellowship than you are not as close to Him as you think. I advise you to seriously think about that.

It seems to me that you are a Christian without a proper understanding of your faith, and your wife is a Muslim without a proper understanding of her faith. This is the reason you two disregarded the commands of each religion and married eachother. I know that your marriage is not Islamically valid, Muslimahs cannot marry non-Muslim men. Only Muslim men can marry Jews or Christians.

You have a responsibility to raise your child with the understanding that Christ is God who died to save your child from the misery of sin and death. If you do this, then despite the challenges your child will face in his/her home life you will be blameless on the day of judgement. Whether your child chooses to accept Christ or not when they are accountable is on them and not you, but you cannot neglect guiding them. I seriously think you need to to reexamine your beliefs and if they align themselves with the Word of God.

Don't forget Jesus said He was the way, the Truth, and the Life, no one can come to the Father except through Him. Mohammed is not a mediary, neither is Joseph Smith, only Jesus Christ can give us access to Jehovah.

theLords said:
It seems to me that you are a Christian without a proper understanding of your faith, and your wife is a Muslim without a proper understanding of her faith. This is the reason you two disregarded the commands of each religion and married eachother. I know that your marriage is not Islamically valid, Muslimahs cannot marry non-Muslim men. Only Muslim men can marry Jews or Christians.

You have a responsibility to raise your child with the understanding that Christ is God who died to save your child from the misery of sin and death. If you do this, then despite the challenges your child will face in his/her home life you will be blameless on the day of judgement. Whether your child chooses to accept Christ or not when they are accountable is on them and not you, but you cannot neglect guiding them. I seriously think you need to to reexamine your beliefs and if they align themselves with the Word of God.

I agree with all of theLords post and was thinking almost exactly the same as above when I read through it.

Dealing with reality the way it is...that neither you nor your wife seem to understand the religions both of you claim can mean one of two things...you are going to raise a child who is just as religiously ambiguous leading to all three of you facing serious consequences on Judgement Day... or, you can come to a real understanding of your faith...beginning with the fact of who God actually is...(not amalgamating all the world's religions together and saying...that's God)...and begin to walk in the light of Christ...which we are all, in our various ways, assuring you, you are not doing!!!! And then, once you've studied and shown yourself approved...you can begin to teach your wife the truth about your faith, and she very well may respond to the real gospel once she hears it...and you can most certainly raise your child in the true faith as well.

As of now...you really are believing in a lot of lies. These lies, while maybe making things comfortable in your life, especially with your wife (who is believing quite a few lies herself), won't ultimately do anything for either you, her or your little one.

Sorry for late reply.

yea that's muslim law. Muslim law is not always from the quran. She doesn't believe in the hadiths or muslim law. By the quran she can marry a christan or jew just like a man can. She's not traditional. She's into what the Quran says nothing more or less. She doesn't follow islamic law it is in her mind made by people. So many of the assumptions you make are well against what the actual Quran says.
It says you can marry people of the scripture which includes Jews and christians. Some muslims prays Muhammad build shrines and listen to muslim 'leaders' and say abortion is and say transsexuality is supported all by their faith. It's all apart of hadiths muslim law and leaders. She listens to none of that and only the Quran. She isn't that type. She doesn't listen to anything that seems 'manmade' to her. I wouldn't marry a woman who listened to people. I'm trying to study what the bible says in itself not what people say. Also I am very conservative. Do you really think I'd marry her if she were like most of them...

they aren't anti-christ. They think he's a prophet. Yet the fact that the believe in the same GOD as they say.

And no I don't believe in the Quran. I never will.

It also says in the Quran that anyone who believes in GOD the last day and does right will go to heaven.
It also says christians jews and sabbeans will go to heaven.
Christians in their mind believe GOD next world and can do right. So in some way they do agree yet jesus was a prophet.

So they do believe in the same GOD they just don't say it idk why.

Did ghandi think Christ was a profit? And actually he was an atheist no one who believes in GOD firmly questions him like he did.

And of course what else have I said all along? She's going to teach what she think I teach what I think and we'll raise them with the same moral code. I don't really care if he/she doesn't eat pork. But yes I will teach my son or daughter of Christianity.
Btw in her actual faith it would warrant the worship of jesus if muhammad's worshipped. You see in some hadiths they say to venerate Muhammad because he is a muslim prophet. And so Jesus is an equal prophet to muhammad so that was call to all prophets to be praised including jesus. See either way they do accept. Some may not see this but others do. They vary at times. She's a stickler though hadith means as much as pride and prejudice does at times I think less.

Anyway I came to update. My parents hadn't contacted me since I told them they finally have. I guess they're coming around. My wife wants to look past our differences.

Okay, please everyone calm down. Thank you.

Secondly, justme1808, I want to touch upon several of the things you have brought up:

What, Mike, said about Allah not being the Biblical God is true. However, you are correct that Allah is just the Arabic word for God. The truth of the matter is that God as interpreted through the Quran is not the One True God. When you sit down and compare the Bible and the Quran, the understanding of who God is is not the same. The Quran and Islam are actually Antichrist. Five times a day Muslims pray that "Allah does not beget and he has no son." The Bible tells us that whover denies the Son denies the Father. You can continue to believe that you and your wife worship the same God, and you do, I agree, but you cannot claim that the God of the Bible is the same God of the Quran. That is theologically dishonest.

Next, your wife is a Quran only Muslim. I would question just how "Muslim" she is, because she belongs to a rogue camp of Muslims. I wonder if her beliefs leave her outside of the fold of Islam, because it might. Your wife is not presenting you with traditional Islam, since she doesn't believe in it herself, and may be the reason why you have some rogue beliefs about Islam as well.

You also do not have a proper understanding of Biblical Christianity. You are a monotheistic universalist. This is not Biblically sound, the Bible says "Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble" (James 2:19). If those who belive that believing in one God, and doing good deeds will get them into heaven, how does that separate them from the belief of devils? So then, what separates the Quranic Christ from the Biblical Christ? That He is God come in the flesh, who died on the cross, to atone for the sins of humanity. Islam denies that Christ is God who died on the cross for our sins. In fact, Islam removes the Judeo-Christian understanding of blood atonement entirely. The Bible is very clear, that the only way to heaven is through the forgiveness of sins, cleansed by the pure blood of Christ. You wife is not a follower of Christ, she is a follower of some of the teachings of Christ. Ghandi was a polytheist who also followed the teachings of Christ. If you want to claim that your wife is a follower of Christ, then you also have to agree that the polytheist Ghandi was also a fellower of Christ.

Lastly, you keep stating that you are a very religious Christian who is good. This gives rise to the fact that you do not seem to understand that being a follower of Christ has nothing to do with being good so you can get to heaven. No amount of any good deeds will get anyone into heaven, only the grace of Jesus' blood will. If you are judging yourself on how religiously good you are then why did you disobey God and date and marry a non-Christian in the first place? It was direct disobedience to the command of God. Now that you are married you are responsible for making it work, but if you have not sought repentance from God I suggest you do. You also keep stating that you are very religious, but did you know that the Greek word for religion is bondage? You are bound to the doctrine that all that matters is you pray and "be good." In the same breath you say that you pray more out of guilt but that you are very close to God. If you need guilt to motivate you to seek God in fellowship than you are not as close to Him as you think. I advise you to seriously think about that.

Don't forget Jesus said He was the way, the Truth, and the Life, no one can come to the Father except through Him. Mohammed is not a mediary, neither is Joseph Smith, only Jesus Christ can give us access to Jehovah.

oh and she's heard the bible. She actually chose Islam on her own. She's not ignorant of religions.

I tend to think both Jews and Muslims may make it to heaven. I think because if we do believe GOD is one and they both accept that but are unaware of the actual characteristics then they still accept. Islam for one does accept our GOD.

I guess as Christians we believe in different things because of our different sects.

Just like Islam we vary in beliefs but we're all christians

Also why do you think I'm not Christian? I mean I've actually always been very religious. I am a christian. She's muslim and our child will know both faiths.

Back