Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Misunderstand by Jws and Protestants

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Do you think that believing Jesus is God could possibly be idolatry since he's a human
Well, as I've said, I don't believe that Jesus is all human. I am confident that he had none of Joseph's DNA since Mary did not have sexual relations with him to conceive Jesus. So the male part of his DNA had to come from God or God's Spirit, who we are told was who 'came over' her to make her pregnant. And no, I don't understand 'how' that happened either. I just know that it did.

Therefore, when Christ came into the world, he said: “Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but a body you prepared for me;

I think that Jesus is teaching us that God made him a body, but his eternal spirit has always existed with God. Hence God saying, "Let us make man in our image."

God bless,
Ted

I do not know where you learned your theology, but I do know that it was not from the Bible. I am not saying that to be argumenitive with you, just makeing an observation.

Romans 8:3–4 says,
“For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.”

When the Bible refers to “the flesh” it usually means the human tendency to sin that we all inherited from Adam. When Adam and Eve chose to rebel against God’s commandment, they became “sinful flesh.”

At that moment, sin entered God’s perfect world and began to corrupt everything. Since every human being came from Adam, we have all inherited his fallen nature. So every person is born as a sinner.

Jesus did not have an earthly father, so He did not inherit a sin nature as all other human beings do. He took on human flesh, yet He retained His full divinity. He lived the life we live, suffered as we suffer, and learned and grew as we learn and grow, but He did it all without sin. Because God was His Father, He lived only in the likeness of sinful flesh. Jesus inherited the flesh from His mother, Mary, but not the sin from Joseph.

Jesus became man in order to be our substitute.

Yes, I agree that sin is sin but you must also realize that all moral law begins with God. Because we were created in the image of God, we have His moral law written within our hearts.
He only appeared to mankind that way. as any other man...as a sinner. They numbered Him that way.

You are taking the scriptures that show what unrepentant sinners thought. The Father never saw His Son that way.

Well, as I've said, I don't believe that Jesus is all human. I am confident that he had none of Joseph's DNA since Mary did not have sexual relations with him to conceive Jesus. So the male part of his DNA had to come from God or God's Spirit, who we are told was who 'came over' her to make her pregnant. And no, I don't understand 'how' that happened either. I just know that it did.

Therefore, when Christ came into the world, he said: “Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but a body you prepared for me;

I think that Jesus is teaching us that God made him a body, but his eternal spirit has always existed with God. Hence God saying, "Let us make man in our image."

God bless,
Ted
Right. Some of the specifics about the actual processes behind creating are not known. We can only speculate and theorize, but Jesus was ethnically Jewish (Romans 9:5) and had experiences consistent with having a human spirit, i.e., he was susceptible to sin temptations, was not omniscient, had to be taught, had to grow in favor with God, etc yet had the unprecedented ability to overcome what all other people had struggled with for millennia, despite genetically being related to Adam.

So what we you may be describing here is a demigod, but before we settle on that is there anything Jesus could do that the Bible says we can't do?

For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: 1Cor.11:23 KJV

Eating the bread and drinking the wine together is testifying of being willing to enter his suffering and continue to follow His leading us to love those who really don't love Him. This is why our Lord said,

ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death. Lk.21:16 KJV

The Messiah came as the Rightful King. He was only regarded as a sinner by people who don't know Him.

Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: Gal.3:13 KJV

Paul was citing a provision in the law where
the accused could only be put to death for committing sin worthy of death,

And if a man have committed a sin worthy of death, and he be to be put to death, and thou hang him on a tree: Deut.21:22 KJV

Paul is teaching us how our Lord was falsely testified against. He was slandered.

Back