Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

MsWright6488 - Your thread

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
lol
I know about picking up branches. Where I live, they built the deck around 2 of those. It's impossible to keep the deck clear and swept. In the summer it's not so bad. One nice thing is, nothing grows underneath them, so the more you have the less there is to mow. haha
aussie pines, great for wind breaking but hell for cleaning up one's yard and growing, they poision the soil and must be burned to the ground or cut with a very hard tool. they are doing that near one of my routes.

aussie pines, great for wind breaking but hell for cleaning up one's yard and growing, they poision the soil and must be burned to the ground or cut with a very hard tool. they are doing that near one of my routes.
I had to look up what those look like, they do look different than the evergreens. Glad we don't have those out here - or at least I've never heard of them being here.

That's a nice sized yard. Is it all flat and grass?
no, its a small yard, that isn't big, that the entire lot with HOME. I can almost weed whack the entire yard. I have done large sections of it being silly. hear an old image prior to the poles being cut. if they were creasol I wouldn't have cut them. that would be deadly without the proper gear for me.View attachment 5924 .

I had to look up what those look like, they do look different than the evergreens. Glad we don't have those out here - or at least I've never heard of them being here.
they are oaks and I love them. they stop noise and wind naturally. they were used all over with groves. when Im in the mood to look at old county arials and I know where I was on my route, I will go back to the 40s and 50s and see the groves where they were. some of the roads in the old images will have the pines following the main road east and west to my town. I remember that. most of those are gone. new Yorkers took those down and wondered why they got hit really bad by hurricanes.

no, its a small yard, that isn't big, that the entire lot with HOME. I can almost weed whack the entire yard. I have done large sections of it being silly. hear an old image prior to the poles being cut. if they were creasol I wouldn't have cut them. that would be deadly without the proper gear for me.View attachment 5924 .
Hey, cool dog! What kind? Cool pick-up, too! Oh, didn't realize that was the whole lot size, less yard, less work. haha Is the tree in the back dead?

man as much as I hated working on the ranger. I miss that old truck. Gertrude is what my wife called that girl.

Hey, cool dog! What kind? Cool pick-up, too! Oh, didn't realize that was the whole lot size, less yard, less work. haha Is the tree in the back dead?
Cheyenne is a husky-wolf hybrid mix. now that isn't a tree but what is called a fern tree. those cant live in wa, its too cold for them. they are native to florida and cuba and the tropics. I have one planted in my yard. that one at the old farm style home there is over 50 ft tall

Cheyenne is a husky-wolf hybrid mix. now that isn't a tree but what is called a fern tree. those cant live in wa, its too cold for them. they are native to florida and cuba and the tropics. I have one planted in my yard. that one at the old farm style home there is over 50 ft tall
A mix husky and wolf? How is her demeanor? I bet she is a beauty.

A fern tree - way in the back? wow, that's huge, I've never seen one of those before.

lol
Yep, she looks happy and content.
I called her there when she had that couch. that is about a five year old pic of here. she would jump on that couch for attention like that. all I had to do was sit there and she just did the rest. belly rub time for her.

She did a good job!
we, she did the bricks with my help. I did the pavers with her guidance as she would when I was at work dig the grass out and then I would level the sand to put in place those pavers. I called that yard tetris. that is what it was like. the pavers are odd shape. you can see the lines and see that its an L shape. hard to level that. so it has that curve to level it with the concrete.

Back