Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Only 2 Churches ...in the World Today

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I'm sorry I'm having trouble understanding what it is you want to know about me.

I've had a rough life and have been deceived by an organisation who claimed to be the only right church. I lived my whole life in fear and dread of losing my salvation for even contemplating leaving that 'church'.

I have since left that 'church' and have come to the conclusion that i have never left the 'church'..that is the 'church' of God. There is only one church and I am a part of that church.

What else is there?

I havr a cousin who is a pastor of the church of Christ. I well remember the question I put to him when he annuonced that this is what he wanted to do in life.

I asked him if he felt called of God to become a pastor ?

He told me that No, He did not...feel called by God, that it was a job that had good security and easy hours.

I was stunned by his answer, and I was not even a Christian then !

It is people like that, who give pastors a bad reputation, and spawn's all those pastor jokes

Merry Menagerie said:
...I have since left that 'church' and have come to the conclusion that i have never left the 'church'..that is the 'church' of God. There is only one church and I am a part of that church.

What else is there?
We had a member here for a while that also did not believe in organized religion. His signature was, "Christ over Christianity". :angel:

... I find very few (if any) "loner" Christians in the Bible.
  • Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God’s people and members of God’s household, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit. Ephesians 2:19-22
The New Testament assumes that all Christians will share in the life of a local church, meeting with it for worship (Hebrews 10:25), accepting its nurture and discipline (Matthew 18:15-20; Galatians 6:1), and sharing in its work of witness.
  • Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one anotherâ€â€and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:25
Christians disobey God and impoverish themselves by refusing to join with other believers when there is a local congregation that they can belong to.

God does not prescribe for Christian worship in the detailed fashion of Old Testament times, but the New Testament shows clearly what the staple ingredients of corporate Christian worship are, namely, praise (“psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs,†Ephesians 5:19), prayer, and preaching, with regular administration of the Lord’s Supper (Acts 20:7-11).

• On the first day of the week we came together to break bread. Acts 20:7
http://www.geocities.com/gary_bee_za/packer/church.htm

:)

Merry Menagerie said:
ROFL!!! Have I? I have not started anything. Christ is the one who started the church and he's the one who maintains it. I have only entered into HIS fold and not the fold of man.

Gosh I'm glad I'm not indoctrinated by man anymore!
I'm glad to hear you say that...as it will allow you to break away from man-made traditions such as Sunday worship services.

You'll have the freedom to follow Jesus Christ in His example of keeping the 7th day Sabbath, as He did !

Yes I have. I can actually hear God now without anyone standing in between me and God.

It's so liberating to not be part of an institution :)

Merry Menagerie said:
Yes I have. I can actually hear God now without anyone standing in between me and God.

It's so liberating to not be part of an institution :)
"Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness' ? (Roamsn 5:16)

Sunday.....Satan's day of worship.
7th Day Sabbath......God's appointed holy day.

Huh?? Is that directed at me? What are you on about!!! Oh ye who are under man's authority!

WHY DOES IT MATTER????????????

Why does it matter what day you worship on, or what church you go to? As long as the church believes and teaches the core beliefs of Christianity the rest is just details.

Re: WHY DOES IT MATTER????????????

j_rthom said:
Why does it matter what day you worship on, or what church you go to? As long as the church believes and teaches the core beliefs of Christianity the rest is just details.

Sputnik: If it 'didn't matter' which day one sets aside as being 'special', then God wouldn't have asked us to do so ...now, would He? He blessed and sanctified the 7th-day at Creation. Who are you to say that 'it doesn't matter' as though you are speaking for God? If the church believes and teaches the core beliefs of Christianity, then they will be teaching obedience ...make sense? If your church is not doing so, then you need to question its belief system instead of just going along with them. Following the crowd like a sheep isn't particularly a badge of honor.

Wow! It seems people have no idea what salvation is. I'm sorry that you do not understand what the Holy Spirit was sent for.

Very sad :sad

Merry Menagerie said:
Wow! It seems people have no idea what salvation is. I'm sorry that you do not understand what the Holy Spirit was sent for.

Very sad :sad

Sputnik: It's 'very sad' to be obedient to God? Do you not really see what a silly argument all of this is? Tell me, please, do you NOT keep the principles of the Ten Commandments? No 'airy-fairy' stuff, please ...just a simple answer. A 'yes' or a 'no' will suffice.

WHOA!!!!!!!!!!! STOP THE CAR

I ask these questions because I have had them asked of me before, and I am interested in other input. Nowhere did I say it was my belief that it didn't matter what day we attend church. I apologize for not clarifying that. I do think however, that arguing over Saturday or Sunday being the Sabbath is ridiculous. What about churches that are running services Saturday night & 2 on Sunday morning, and what about the dropping the Sunday night service which seems to be very popular the last few years? Where does everybody stand on this?

Again I say...you do not understand salvation! I suggest you read up on what salvation is...what is saves us from...and the purpose of being baptised into Christ.

SputnikBoy said:
Tell me, please, do you NOT keep the principles of the Ten Commandments? No 'airy-fairy' stuff, please ...just a simple answer. A 'yes' or a 'no' will suffice.[/color]

Here's a non-airy-fairy simple answer....... No.

Christ in me has and does.

What fools men are, thinking they can "keep" something in and of themselves.

The only thing a "keeper" of the Jewish Sabbath day really keeps is his or her being and living in utter darkness.

Christ is the true Sabbath of God,.... always was and always will be.

In love,
cj

Re: WHY DOES IT MATTER????????????

SputnikBoy said:
If it 'didn't matter' which day one sets aside as being 'special', then God wouldn't have asked us to do so ...now, would He? He blessed and sanctified the 7th-day at Creation. Who are you to say that 'it doesn't matter' as though you are speaking for God? If the church believes and teaches the core beliefs of Christianity, then they will be teaching obedience ...make sense? If your church is not doing so, then you need to question its belief system instead of just going along with them. Following the crowd like a sheep isn't particularly a badge of honor.

Again, more scriptural ignorance........ following your logic, the seventh day has passed.

There could only have been one "seventh day", the first "seventh day".

The only thing you and others like you are being obedient to, is a man-made and thus false doctrine that attempts bring God's children back into bondage.

You are being obedient to your own opinion, not God. God's word says noting about a born-again believer needing to hold to the Jewish Sabbath day requirements of the Mosiac law.

Christ Himself is the Sabbath day of God, as God, in Christ, has found His eternal rest.

And if Christ is good for God, He is certainly good for men.

In love,
cj

The problem with keeping the sabbath is that if you keep one of the law you actually have to keep them all and have fallen from Grace. That's what my bible says.

So has anyone here circumcise their children?

Merry Menagerie said:
The problem with keeping the sabbath is that if you keep one of the law you actually have to keep them all and have fallen from Grace. That's what my bible says.

So has anyone here circumcise their children?

Yes, but not for religious reasons.

So how do you think the 2nd commandment, regarding idols, fits into this equation?

Yes, but not for religious reasons.

So how do you think the 2nd commandment, regarding idols, fits into this equation?

And why don't you circumcise for religious reasons?

The commandments are part of the law! You obey one you have to obey ALL THE LAW PERFECTLY!!!

Are you able to do this with your own strength?

If not then how are we to obey the commandments if we are unable to obey all the law perfectly?

In the world of today, the Bible describes 2 churches:
#1.) Roman Catholic Church
#2.) Seventh Day Adventist church

All the other churches, fall into one or the other catagory.
There is no 3rd choice.

This is based on the Bible Principle, of Romans 6:16.......
"Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness ?"
Both claim to be Christian churches.

???? :roll:

Rom 11:19 You will say then, Branches were broken (pruned) off so that I might be grafted in!
Rom 11:20 That is true. But they were broken (pruned) off because of their unbelief (their lack of real faith), and you are established through faith [because you do believe]. So do not become proud and conceited, but rather stand in awe and be reverently afraid.

There's only one Bride and one Church and they are grafted into Israel.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back