Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Pastors with bodyguards

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Having been in a place where bad guys kicked in our door .... My first words O Lord second honey get your gun.

question for you, grannie. Can your gun guard again forces of darkness? Can your guard stop them. It has always been your prayer thats doing it. ;) Hope you don't run away from the question

A gun can guard against some of the ways the power of darkness attacks... I see a gun no different then if a person used his/her size to protect them self or others... Are you tell me you would not do anything to protect your self and others for a bad guy? Would you roll up a car window to keep a bad guy out? does a piece a glass protect from the powers of darkness? Do you lock doors? if so why a door does not keep out the powers of darkness ... Do those who lock doors not have faith? In the OT women were taught not to go any where alone. Ever ask your self why? Was it because the power of darkness can only attack one at a time?

I was very thankful John did not have to shoot any one that night... We were not the fist family they hit nor the last.... They went on with the crime spree and killed an old man raped the wife in a home invasion ... That was their MO...

Jas_2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

What is the difference between Thank you Lord for this roof over my head. ( a form of protection) and thank you Lord for the protection my dad offers me. Thank you Lord for the cops.... Thank you Lord for the ability to protect myself and loved ones?

.....and thank you Lord for my bazooka....

No, killing someone with a gun is sending them to hell, permanently.
we are called to bring the Gospel message to them, not kill them, regardless of the consequences.

(Lord, I trust you, protect me, in Jesus name, amen.).

I do not have the power or authority to send any one to hell. That is God's alone correct?
More power to you Allen :) ADDED some how this line was dropped.... Allen i did not nor do not activate killing any one.

I hope you are never in the place i was... I hope you never have to face what we did... Not because i dont trust the Lord to care for us .. He most definitely does.

This thread reminds me of the ol guy on the roof joke..

The Big Flood It had been raining for days and days, and a terrible flood had come over the land. The waters rose so high that one man was forced to climb onto the roof of his house.

As the waters rose higher and higher, a man in a rowboat appeared, and told him to get in. "No," replied the man on the roof. "I have faith in the Lord; the Lord will save me." So the man in the rowboat went away. The man on the roof prayed for God to save him.

The waters rose higher and higher, and suddenly a speedboat appeared. "Climb in!" shouted a man in the boat. "No," replied the man on the roof. "I have faith in the Lord; the Lord will save me." So the man in the speedboat went away. The man on the roof prayed for God to save him.

The waters continued to rise. A helicopter appeared and over the loudspeaker, the pilot announced he would lower a rope to the man on the roof. "No," replied the man on the roof. "I have faith in the Lord; the Lord will save me." So the helicopter went away. The man on the roof prayed for God to save him.

The waters rose higher and higher, and eventually they rose so high that the man on the roof was washed away, and alas, the poor man drowned.

Upon arriving in heaven, the man marched straight over to God. "Heavenly Father," he said, "I had faith in you, I prayed to you to save me, and yet you did nothing. Why?" God gave him a puzzled look, and replied "I sent you two boats and a helicopter, what more did you expect?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, buying guards would mean buying Christian guards? Should a guard made filthy with sin guard a holy pastor or the house of God?

Now here you are on to something. :)

Yes, imo, they should be born again believers. They should be people that are there to protect and service, not killers. They should be instructed only to use the amount of force needed to protect others from harm.

Every single day, every single event (evangelists, Sunday service) there should be prayer before anything else. Prayers for it to be uneventful, no need for defense to be used, and if the need does arise that it can be resolved without anyone, even the perp, being harmed.

You know they rob churches too, it is not uncommon for a church to get stuck up t gun point.

I've very opinionate today. You may be even in agreement with me, I wouldn't be surprised at all.

I say give it to them, every last dime. The Lord will take care of replacing it.
I feel the same way about my own possessions. If one were to rob my home they can just have it all, money, TV, jewelry....I really don't think material things are worth any life. Theirs or mine.
But the problem with armed robbery is that often they don't stop there.

Phew, finally something we can agree on. While in defense, every effort should be made not to kill someone.

My husband's uncle at age 90 beat off a robber, in the middle of the night, with his cane.
The parents of the this 17 yr. old delinquent then tried to sue the uncle for the bruises sustained by their son! Can you believe that. The parents were the ones that needed to be jailed for awhile. They needed a "Hello, wake up!"

I do not have the power or authority to send any one to hell. That is God's alone correct?
More power to you Allen :) ADDED some how this line was dropped.... Allen i did not nor do not activate killing any one.

I hope you are never in the place i was... I hope you never have to face what we did... Not because i dont trust the Lord to care for us .. He most definitely does.

The Big Flood It had been raining for days and days, and a terrible flood had come over the land. The waters rose so high that one man was forced to climb onto the roof of his house.

As the waters rose higher and higher, a man in a rowboat appeared, and told him to get in. "No," replied the man on the roof. "I have faith in the Lord; the Lord will save me." So the man in the rowboat went away. The man on the roof prayed for God to save him.

The waters rose higher and higher, and suddenly a speedboat appeared. "Climb in!" shouted a man in the boat. "No," replied the man on the roof. "I have faith in the Lord; the Lord will save me." So the man in the speedboat went away. The man on the roof prayed for God to save him.

The waters continued to rise. A helicopter appeared and over the loudspeaker, the pilot announced he would lower a rope to the man on the roof. "No," replied the man on the roof. "I have faith in the Lord; the Lord will save me." So the helicopter went away. The man on the roof prayed for God to save him.

The waters rose higher and higher, and eventually they rose so high that the man on the roof was washed away, and alas, the poor man drowned.

Upon arriving in heaven, the man marched straight over to God. "Heavenly Father," he said, "I had faith in you, I prayed to you to save me, and yet you did nothing. Why?" God gave him a puzzled look, and replied "I sent you two boats and a helicopter, what more did you expect?"

I have a story too:
I was lying there in the rice paddies, me and my buddies.
We were being over taken by the enemy.
The chopper landed in the distance.
Everyone ran for it, I was last. I really didn't think I would make it.
But back home my mother was praying for me and Jesus heard her prayers.
Somehow, someway, I got on that chopper and got away.
And as I lied on the floor of that chopper, I suddenly had a peace come over me that I could not understand.
My mother had to explain it to me.

I have a story too:

Thank you for sharing your story.
I am at a loss for words other than these..

I thank God for kind, gentle, faithful and compassionate you.
May God richly bless you.

Thanks Debbie.

I heard a joke today.

The guys' wife says "i'm starving, I need food".
He goes to MacDonalds and buys her something.
The bill comes to $6.66.
Now he has to decide, who is he afraid of most, the mark of the beast or his starving wife?
He pays for the food and goes home....
End of story.

I have a story too:
I was lying there in the rice paddies, me and my buddies.
We were being over taken by the enemy.
The chopper landed in the distance.
Everyone ran for it, I was last. I really didn't think I would make it.
But back home my mother was praying for me and Jesus heard her prayers.
Somehow, someway, I got on that chopper and got away.
And as I lied on the floor of that chopper, I suddenly had a peace come over me that I could not understand.
My mother had to explain it to me.
:thumbsup :thumbsup

This is why I don't boast too much about being in the Air Force...during peace time, when I was home in time every night to catch the evening news, and moaned and complained my way through my whole four year stint.

complaining doesn't stop with war time. I did my share of that. If I do a tour with a detainee op mission I shall not be lucky as my deployment on the afghani border.

Having been in a place where bad guys kicked in our door .... My first words O Lord second honey get your gun.

question for you, grannie. Can your gun guard again forces of darkness? Can your guard stop them. It has always been your prayer thats doing it. ;) Hope you don't run away from the question

A gun can guard against some of the ways the power of darkness attacks... I see a gun no different then if a person used his/her size to protect them self or others... Are you tell me you would not do anything to protect your self and others from a bad guy? Would you roll up a car window to keep a bad guy out? does a piece a glass protect from the powers of darkness? Do you lock doors? if so why a door does not keep out the powers of darkness ... Do those who lock doors not have faith? In the OT women were taught not to go any where alone. Ever ask your self why? Was it because the power of darkness can only attack one at a time?

I was very thankful John did not have to shoot any one that night... We were not the fist family they hit nor the last.... They went on with the crime spree and killed an old man raped the wife in a home invasion ... That was their MO...

Jas_2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

What is the difference between Thank you Lord for this roof over my head. ( a form of protection) and thank you Lord for the protection my dad offers me. Thank you Lord for the cops.... Thank you Lord for the ability to protect myself and loved ones?

Sad that you avoided the question.

doors? Windows? Yes we need them. Do you need privacy? Do you want you grand kids to disturb you when you pray? Mama reba, I need some pizza; mama, I cant find my new cat; the batteries are dead - the remote cant work etc etc. you see? :chin

Christ allowed persecution.
We restle against principalities and power - not our battle either - the Lords

question for you,

[A true husband is that man who is willing to die for the wife at any point in time, and a true wife is that woman who is ever ready to have the husband die for her]

Interesting signature for this thread. ;)

I wonder why you neglected the smiley at the end of the signature.

The stuff is about avaricious wives who only care for what the husbands can provide for them, and at the end what do they provide in return for the husbands? Let their last sweat provide for us:chin hehehehehehehehehheh :toofunny

Phew, finally something we can agree on. While in defense, every effort should be made not to kill someone.

My husband's uncle at age 90 beat off a robber, in the middle of the night, with his cane.
The parents of the this 17 yr. old delinquent then tried to sue the uncle for the bruises sustained by their son! Can you believe that. The parents were the ones that needed to be jailed for awhile. They needed a "Hello, wake up!"
@Deborah13 :

I heard of a teen who threw a brick at a window and it was made of toughened glass and the brick bounced off the window and hurt the teen; and the teen's mom wanted to sue the owner of the window for hurting her poor, downtrodden Johnny... :gah

[MENTION=82815]Classik[/MENTION] i thought i answered your question.. you think i didnt please ask it again so i understand OK?

Will do that later. For the moment I'm thinking 'bout La Liga today: FCB :bicker Real Sociedad 20:00, Camp Nou

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back