Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Pastors with bodyguards

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Not trying to Allen just dont want him to think i dodged his question...

Reba, you have 16,570 posts.
That makes you big and famous.
I think you need a body guard.
Maybe Classik.....

...but she needs to, because there are folk like us who post on here and she needs to keep an eye on everyone. [MENTION=47381]reba[/MENTION] does her modding really well... :)

Sorry for late reply. Have been so busy with stuff and seemingly bussier with other threads. So, physical weapons also frighten the devil? Can your commandos arrest a demon?

I think He meant use the body guards to steal the tithe.

There is no force on this earth that can protect you if Satan has a place to kill you. We have been warned not to give the devil a place.

Jesus said take nothing then said take Swords.

If God said have body Guards, then you best have them, if God never told you to have body guards then having them puts you in danger.

If Ken Copeland doesn't have bodyguards I think that is pretty good proof you don't need bodyguards to misappropriate the tithe.

Does God tell you to wear a seatbelt? Does God tell you to put helmets on your kids heads when they ride their bikes? Does God tell you not go out in a blizzard in a t-shirt and shorts? Or do you trust in Him that you will will not die in an auto accident, that your kids won't die from a head injury and that you won't freeze to death?

But a bodyguard for a pastor?
If I was a body guard and a pastor wanted to hire me to protect him, I'd say, "what's the matter, isn't Jesus good enough"?

I would pose the same questions for you. Do you wear a seatbelt? If so, why isn't Jesus good enough?

Do you lock the doors to your home? If so, why isn't Jesus good enough?

Do you cross the street against the light? If not, why isn't Jesus good enough?

This thread reminds me of the ol guy on the roof joke..

The Big Flood It had been raining for days and days, and a terrible flood had come over the land. The waters rose so high that one man was forced to climb onto the roof of his house.

As the waters rose higher and higher, a man in a rowboat appeared, and told him to get in. "No," replied the man on the roof. "I have faith in the Lord; the Lord will save me." So the man in the rowboat went away. The man on the roof prayed for God to save him.

The waters rose higher and higher, and suddenly a speedboat appeared. "Climb in!" shouted a man in the boat. "No," replied the man on the roof. "I have faith in the Lord; the Lord will save me." So the man in the speedboat went away. The man on the roof prayed for God to save him.

The waters continued to rise. A helicopter appeared and over the loudspeaker, the pilot announced he would lower a rope to the man on the roof. "No," replied the man on the roof. "I have faith in the Lord; the Lord will save me." So the helicopter went away. The man on the roof prayed for God to save him.

The waters rose higher and higher, and eventually they rose so high that the man on the roof was washed away, and alas, the poor man drowned.

Upon arriving in heaven, the man marched straight over to God. "Heavenly Father," he said, "I had faith in you, I prayed to you to save me, and yet you did nothing. Why?" God gave him a puzzled look, and replied "I sent you two boats and a helicopter, what more did you expect?"

Oh stop Reba.... common sense about how God provides, presented in a humorous vein, obviously has no place in a topic completely devoid of common sense or humor. :)

Of course it is appropriate for a pastor who has been threatened to have bodyguards. There is a world full of nutcases out there wanting to do damage, and not just from those who want to stop effective Christian preachers from preaching, but from so called Christians who are vehemently against the theology and preaching of some who should be rather non-controversial preachers, but still have hate and threats poured out on them.

The Internet is rife with such hate and threats. Pick your favorite evangelical pastor and do Google searches.

If Ken Copeland doesn't have bodyguards I think that is pretty good proof you don't need bodyguards to misappropriate the tithe.

Kenneth Copeland is a man of God who preaches the Word all over the World. He has served God and has given his whole life to the Lord and others, helping many, and I mean many with their walk with God and teaching to trust in God. He has helped countless ministries with money and has funded many disaster relief project costing millions.

Brother Copeland came under investigation by the IRS and other government officials. They examined every book, looked at every air plane, the power planet the land to find if He had used people's giving to fund an extravagant life style and not paying taxes if any were due. This was done by top professionals who know what to look for and know where to find things if the books have been cooked.

It put great stress on the employee's of Copelands ministry and put him in the spot light for some time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_Copeland
^ The investigation found no evidence of the Copelands making personal profit from financial donations. (Findings 2007-2008)

His plane was Legally granted tax exempt status in 2009

So what information you have that our government could not find?

They went through everything, every piece of land, every single plane, the Power plant, everything and found nothing. Had they found something all the devils would have blasted it, and announced it everywhere. NOPE, just Antichrist posting against brother Copeland with no proof.

So, a link to your super source please that did a more "PERFECT" job than our own government trying to find Wrong doing by Brother Copleland.

Or are you a devil to come here and publicly and falsely accuse the brethren? Who are you? What is your mission here?

Mike.

Kenneth Copeland is a man of God who preaches the Word all over the World. He has served God and has given his whole life to the Lord and others, helping many, and I mean many with their walk with God and teaching to trust in God. He has helped countless ministries with money and has funded many disaster relief project costing millions.

Brother Copeland came under investigation by the IRS and other government officials. They examined every book, looked at every air plane, the power planet, the land to find if He had used people's giving to fund an extravagant life style and not paying taxes if any were due. This was done by top professionals who know what to look for and know where to find things if the books have been cooked.

It put great stress on the employee's of Copelands ministry and put him in the spot light for some time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_Copeland
^ The investigation found no evidence of the Copelands making personal profit from financial donations. (Findings 2007-2008)
His plane was Legally granted tax exempt status in 2009
So what information you have that our government could not find?
They went through everything, every piece of land, every single plane, the Power plant, everything and found nothing. Had they found something all the devils would have blasted it, and announced it everywhere. NOPE, just Antichrist posting against brother Copeland with no proof.
So, a link to your super source please that did a more "PERFECT" job than our own government trying to find Wrong doing by Brother Copleland.
Or are you a devil to come here and publicly and falsely accuse the brethren? Who are you? What is your mission here?

Who needs a source beyond you? He has nine airplanes, an 18,000 sq ft home on a lake, a private airfield. He gets to live like the rock star he never became. No one says his extravagant lifestyle is illegal, that is what the IRS was trying to find out, but unseemly. I am sure he justifies every extravagant thing as serving some noble purpose for his ministry, but that is for others to decide before they pony up for his lifestyle.

Since you seem to know him so well maybe you can get a copy of his financials for us?

Oh and please stop the crazy, foaming at the mouth accusations.

Oh and please stop the crazy, foaming at the mouth accusations.

I asked you to back up your false accusations with evidence our federal Government did not find. They spent over a year tearing apart all his financial statements. I told you every single plane was looked at, the power plant and they found no wrong doing or Him keeping money that did not belong to him.

I am sorry your so poverty minded that you most likely won't be able to believe God to do all that God has for you to do. However, just because your spiritually immature, you need to back up with facts like I have your accusation that He is crooked with tithes and money that comes in.

If you just can't back that up, then at least be strong enough in the Lord to admit your just making stuff up off the top of your head. Have some respect about yourself.

You normally accuse others you know with evidence that says contrary? I hope your not really that way.

You think that Playboy and Jack Daniels should not have jets? You think women should cook with wood stoves and not gas or electric also? You drive a car when a bike or walking would be much less extravagant?

You live in a cardboard box under a freeway when you could have given the box to the poor?

Your judgment and false accusations are also measured to you again and in greater measure that by your judgment you cut off your own blessing of the Lord.

That is just being stupid. Basic Christian 101 we don't judge others or put our mouths on them. Especially since the man also went back to court to fight the government from coming in our Churches and dictating to them what we should teach and how we should spend the money. Brother Copeland won!!! and hence all his planes are tax free and fought for every other church to keep the government out.

I would seriously rethink your understanding. The wealth of the sinner is laid up for the Just............. Everything belongs to our Father in Heaven, Not Playboy, or Budweiser.

Mike.

Prosperity/Word of Faith teachers are false teachers. They teach a gospel which is a different gospel, and that for their own selfish gain.

I've heard that Solomon was richer. I've also heard that we are to consider the Lilly, and that not even Solomon in all his glory could compare, for God truly does provide. Me? I live like a king. Waking up, and hearing music being piped into my living room, the sound of music that Solomon may have heard, they are his IRL dad's words being sung after all... I stopped at my refrigerator (that's something, now isn't it?) and took out a couple pieces of fresh Alaskan Salmon to nibble on, sat down on a chair that has been designed by people with degrees in how-to-make-yer-back feel good, and then communicated here with the world.

Okay, so what is to complain about? Just because my bank account isn't large enough to tempt the world worst toward me, not large enough to draw their eye? This is no reason to complain. Am I tempted to steal? Am I hungry? Where is the praise? Wait, I think I hear that rock, just over there, starting to sing. Join in. That's a good song too!

Time for a commercial, right?

Skip if you wanna:

[video=metacafe;10804989/annoying_orange_picnic_massacre/]http://www.metacafe.com/watch/10804989/annoying_orange_picnic_massacre/[/video]

Round these parts robbers have no problem walking into Church Services and robbing people even Sunday School classes.A church who dose not have a security team on watch is a sitting duck waiting for attack.
I am not suprised though, Christ cautions Us Matt24:9-13 "Then shall they diliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake 10. And there shall be many offended , and betray one another, and shall hate one another...."K.J.V.
This might be construed to only apply to the distruction of the Temple days in A.D. .But I dont see these days being any different.I dont blame the Pastor if the Church can afford all round security why not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Many points have been made as to why a pastor should have a bodyguard.
Absolutely none of the points hold water to Scripture.
Some people have thrown in our weaknesses to justify a pastor's weaknesses.

The truth is, the pastor should be setting the example for his flock.
What he is saying is this: "I can't trust in God for my safety and neither should you".

I for one would no longer listen to a pastor trying to tell me the truth when he doesn't believe the truth himself.

Prosperity/Word of Faith teachers are false teachers. They teach a gospel which is a different gospel, and that for their own selfish gain.

Edited:
As Asked by Edward, but watching.............

Mike.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back