Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Racial Narratives Of The Left

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I take that as an admission you have nothing to refute the racial narratives of the left. I accept your admission.

Hard to take that as an admission since I'm not supporting either side. My attempts in this discussion was to rebuke you out of love and to end the division in the body of Christ based upon superiority and unChristian-like behavior. There is only unity within the body and with Christ.

Hard to take that as an admission since I'm not supporting either side. My attempts in this discussion was to rebuke you out of love and to end the division in the body of Christ based upon superiority and unChristian-like behavior. There is only unity within the body and with Christ.

Objectives I can support.

So you don't support being rebuked out of love when it's my duty to do so?

Nor you when I rebuke you? Don't presume to be a teacher, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.. If you think there are no racial narratives from the left, you're welcome to your opinion, but I'm not going to pretend that evil doesn't exist where it clearly does.

Nor you when I rebuke you? Don't presume to be a teacher. If you think there are no racial narratives from the left, you're welcome to your opinion, but I'm not going to pretend that evil doesn't exist where it clearly does.

As a Christian is my duty to teach. Care to point where I said that there wasn't? It's funny that you posted an article from a leftist, specifically a neoconservative Trotsky-ite. Hanson is a registered Democrat and supports the racist policies of George Bush. Oh the irony of it all. :toofunny

As a Christian is my duty to teach. Care to point where I said that there wasn't? It's funny that you posted an article from a leftist, specifically a neoconservative Trotsky-ite. Hanson is a registered Democrat and supports the racist policies of George Bush. Oh the irony of it all. :toofunny

Well, I guess if you can't refute his arguments on merit, trying to discredit him is the best you can do. A nearly last resort for someone losing a discussion.

Remember, the part of his article I excerpted is about racial narratives of the left.

Well, I guess if you can't refute his arguments on merit, trying to discredit him is the best you can do. A nearly last resort for someone losing a discussion.

Remember, the part of his article I excerpted is about racial narratives of the left.

I didn't even try to refute his arguments nor will I. I am refuting his position as a non-biased source. Still too funny and ironic that a leftist racist is commenting about leftists racism.

Oh, I think it's pretty clear why.

It's probably best we just recognize we disagree and let it rest.

Oh why is it pretty clear? You've attributed me that I don't believe that there isn't racism on the left to the fact that I deny it. That I attack a person's position as an unbiased source because I have nothing left. You've done everything you could to try to twist what I've said into something I haven't while creating a division within the body of Christ.

Oh why is it pretty clear? You've attributed me that I don't believe that there isn't racism on the left to the fact that I deny it. That I attack a person's position as an unbiased source because I have nothing left. You've done everything you could to try to twist what I've said into something I haven't while creating a division within the body of Christ.

If it seems I'm twisting things you said into things you haven't meant, I apologize. We can be brothers in Christ, and still disagree.

dee, point taken on the media bias whether its left or the right. both have agendas. one is foolish not to admit that.

i dont watch much media but i have found that i have been "brainwashed" so to speak by the media i did watch years ago and the papers. its all about ratings and adds that make them money. i learned this from working at a left leaning paper.

dee, point taken on the media bias whether its left or the right. both have agendas. one is foolish not to admit that.

i dont watch much media but i have found that i have been "brainwashed" so to speak by the media i did watch years ago and the papers. its all about ratings and adds that make them money. i learned this from working at a left leaning paper.

Ah, jason, but there is a difference of scale. In the early 1900s there was an occasional voice raised against the culture of those times too, but it was generally overwhelmed by the "black bad, white good, black quilty, white innocent" of the then racial narrative. That hardly counts as "both sides have an agenda." Today is no different, other than the media has played musical chairs with the offenders and victims.

The Liberal Super Nova - http://pjmedia.com/victordavishanson/the-liberal-super-nova/?singlepage=true

Consider just two news items that reflect the modern liberal implosion: the Trayvon Martin case and the Elizabeth Warren fraud. Both tell us a lot about liberal notions of race. In the former, the media did all that it could to construct a racial fantasy: on the one hand, Martin was to be a preteen model student, eating Skittles, when gratuitously assassinated; Zimmerman, on the other hand, was a white gun-toting German vigilante out to racially profile blacks and shoot them “like a dog.†The goal was to prove again that America is a dangerous place for young black men, given the ubiquity of roving white shooters, and, in a larger sense, to remind us of the ongoing need for the entire liberal idea of guilt and reparations.

Absent, as it had to be absent, was the truth: Martin was a suspended, not a model, student. He bragged in social network pages of both drug use and violence, and was kicked out of school for possessing “a burglar†tool from school. He likely beat Zimmerman to a pulp and did not cry for help, but rather was on top of one who far more likely did. Zimmerman suffered head wounds and a broken nose. He was Hispanic (had he spiced up his name to Jorge Zimmerman, he would probably not be in jail). He was not a racist vigilante, but a nervous neighborhood watch monitor who assumed that black youths had recently burglarized his middle-class community. He found himself in a fistfight with a 17-year-old, fit youth who was pounding his head to the pavement. And then he shot the attacker who was not armed.

Whether that act was reckless endangerment, self-defense, involuntary manslaughter, or second-degree murder, a jury — not the commentary of Al Sharpton or Barack Obama — will decide. What we do know, however, is that almost nothing that the media and the Congressional Black Caucus told us about the case proved true. The notion of a white male berserker on the hunt for preteen candy-eating blacks lost in the rain was critical to the racial narrative. And in a larger sense, there could be no collective worry about frightening statistics of black-on-black crime, vastly disproportionate black-on-white crime incidence, and soaring illegitimacy, incarceration, and single parenthood. The pathologies of the underclass minority community, then, are critical arguments for compensation and reparation for an elite careerist class such as the Congressional Black Caucus — all of which brings us to the Warren embarrassment.

You see, in our sick world the two incidents are somewhat connected. Because of the pathologies of the inner cities and disparate rates of success for some minorities, a pink Elizabeth Warren can con victimhood. There are impediments, of course, to inventing a victimized identity: intermarriage and immigration have made irrelevant the neat distinctions of black/brown/white. The soaring success of Punjabis, Chinese, Japanese, and Southeast Asians has rendered the old liberal dogma — non-white=a bleak future of racist oppression without massive government intervention — obsolete. There is a rising awareness that Great Society remediation worsened, not ameliorated, the struggle of the underclass. Millions of so-called white youth who grew up under affirmative action are unlikely white oppressors, who daily stifle the aspirations of minorities, or who perpetuate 19<sup>th</sup>-century oppressions, or who have helped created a Western system that no one seeks to join or wish to benefits from.

Yet Warren — pink and blond — managed to con Harvard University and the law profession in general. What was brilliant about her scam was its utter cynicism about modern liberalism.

“Race†for Warren is a Foucauldian construct. It did not even matter that she lied about the meaningless 1/32 drop from a mythical great, great, great grandparent. It did not matter that she did not even attempt the Ward Churchill-like effort of dressing up in buckskin and playing Indian. Instead, she knew the university and so she knew it was essentially a racial fantasyland where upper middle class elites can fabricate oppressed backgrounds, often through mere assertion, hyphenation, and accentuation, to take a guilt-ridden class to the cleaners, in the unspoken bargain that in return the latter can continue to enjoy their rather insular lives apart from the world of Trayvon Martin.

The result was that Warren was a minority with all its accruing perks because she said she was and to question that would be racist, reactionary, you name it. When pressed, family lore and high cheekbones were cited. But no matter, in postmodern thinking there are no facts, just competing discourses. And hers was just as valid as the old white male doctrinaire reductionist creed of asking for proof of ethnic heritage.

Warren, you see, was the twin of Trayvon Martin. Because we as a society, despite a trillion dollars spent, have a poor track record of keeping Trayvon Martin, and fifty-percent of the urban minority class, in school, away from drugs, and prepped for an equal shot at the good life, we compensate by allowing an overdog like Elizabeth Warren to be a safe surrogate Trayvon Martin — especially because she is white, blond, fuzzy, non-threatening. And so, presto, the Harvard faculty has a pet “Native American†to feel good about. The dimensions of that fact of race and affirmative action were well known to Barack Obama throughout his career, and are not hard to fathom in his own memoir.

Mark, 'i' think that you are right on. But we need to include satan's 'tool's' being used for his worldwide agenda. CIVIL RIGHT??? The colored race can find good 'spiritual' rights recorded by our Master. satan twists up all of Gods 'spiritual' teachings of Matt. 4. (and 2 Cor. 4:2)

Next?? satan needs help! (UNITY) and we see 'womens liberation' come on the scene as the Lealized CIVIL RIGHT. (force) And is there a 'spiritual truth' there, surely.. but not by force.

And next?? the race + women + homesexual rightsnow must be FORCED and legalized by satan. He always uses FORCE because he has his [[own]] not having any other force. (see Gen. 4:7 DESIRED ones)

And these desired ones are who???? All of the Rev. 17:1-5 ones come to the help of satan as is DOCUMENTED that they are the abomination of the earth. And satan then has them what?? UNITED BY LAW TO USE THEIR FORCE!

OK: Even there within all or these, God has some who are His own who are just still in blindness, who are still of the Rev. 17:1-5 ones who must leave the stuff.

And I suggest that we have not seen much of anything yet! Twice we find it stated that the Lord will cut the end short in rightousness! Matt. 24:21 on is this time period as I see it.

--Elijah

Mark, 'i' think that you are right on. But we need to include satan's 'tool's' being used for his worldwide agenda. CIVIL RIGHT??? The colored race can find good 'spiritual' rights recorded by our Master. satan twists up all of Gods 'spiritual' teachings of Matt. 4. (and 2 Cor. 4:2)

Next?? satan needs help! (UNITY) and we see 'womens liberation' come on the scene as the Lealized CIVIL RIGHT. (force) And is there a 'spiritual truth' there, surely.. but not by force.

And next?? the race + women + homesexual rightsnow must be FORCED and legalized by satan. He always uses FORCE because he has his [[own]] not having any other force. (see Gen. 4:7 DESIRED ones)

And these desired ones are who???? All of the Rev. 17:1-5 ones come to the help of satan as is DOCUMENTED that they are the abomination of the earth. And satan then has them what?? UNITED BY LAW TO USE THEIR FORCE!

OK: Even there within all or these, God has some who are His own who are just still in blindness, who are still of the Rev. 17:1-5 ones who must leave the stuff.

And I suggest that we have not seen much of anything yet! Twice we find it stated that the Lord will cut the end short in rightousness! Matt. 24:21 on is this time period as I see it.

--Elijah

Umm, you lost me elijah. I'm not anti-"colored race" or civil rights. I just don't like the way race related crimes are reported.

Ah, jason, but there is a difference of scale. In the early 1900s there was an occasional voice raised against the culture of those times too, but it was generally overwhelmed by the "black bad, white good, black quilty, white innocent" of the then racial narrative. That hardly counts as "both sides have an agenda." Today is no different, other than the media has played musical chairs with the offenders and victims.
im not denying that but the right plays us common folks in that when they say their for jobs that means jobs that are often overseas. i can walk you through this locally for me in pms on what is going here locally with the small goverment tea partiers

im not denying that but the right plays us common folks in that when they say their for jobs that means jobs that are often overseas. i can walk you through this locally for me in pms on what is going here locally with the small goverment tea partiers

Yeah, there is a lot to complain about with the Republican party, but, again, a little off topic. We could have several other threads detailing the problems of the GOP.

true. but it would be appalling if we know how off the media on the right is if we could see it as we all do locally.

i refuse to be interviewed by the media on local issues where i work as i KNOW they will spin it to their agenda.

true. but it would be appalling if we know how off the media on the right is if we could see it as we all do locally.

i refuse to be interviewed by the media on local issues where i work as i KNOW they will spin it to their agenda.

I agree comletely, the media will spin everything.

I remember being interviewed after a conference held by Greater Hartford Republicans of Color, after Republicans took control of the House in 1994. I was asked what I thought this meant and how we could respond. When the conference was reported, and my interview included , it was an appalling hit piece, misquoting all of us, clearly inteded to ridicule and minimize the idea of conservative Republican blacks.

If liberal Democrats didn't have double standards, they wouldn't have any standards at all.

The Offensiveness of Racial Double Standards - http://frontpagemag.com/2012/06/19/the-offensiveness-of-racial-double-standards/

Liberals won’t actually come out and say that criticism of Obama is in and of itself racist, but they come pretty close. Former President Jimmy Carter said that criticism of Obama shows that there is an “inherent feeling†in America that a black man should not be president. Chris Matthews, host of MSNBC’s “Hardball,†said that critics of Obama are crackers. Morgan Freeman said that the campaign to see that Obama serves one term is a “racist thing.†Former Obama czar Van Jones said that Romney’s campaign sign “Obama Isn’t Working†implies Obama is a “lazy, incompetent affirmative action baby.â€

Racial double standards also apply to how crime is reported.

I’m betting that if mobs of white youths were going about severely beating and robbing blacks at random and preying on black businesses, it would be major news. News anchors might open, “Tonight we report on the most recent wave of racist whites organizing unprovoked attacks on innocent black people and their businesses.†If white thugs were actually doing that, politicians would be demanding answers. Such random attacks do happen, but it’s blacks preying on whites.

Racial double standards are not restricted to the political arena and crime reporting; we see it on college campuses and in the workplace. Black people ought to be offended by the idea that we are held accountable to lower standards of conduct and achievement. White people ought to be ashamed for permitting and fostering racial double standards that have effects that are in some ways worse than the cruel racism of yesteryear.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back