Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Reasons why you are very unwise to trust your church’s doctrines

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
unexpectedly joyful serendipity results of search "whoever trusts flesh" >>>>
K9 Safe Search
About 382,000 results (DON'T WORRY --- ONLY NINE(9) RESULTS HERE)
(1 result blocked on this page)
Loved by God, Loving Others: We Are Free Spirits Living in ...
Whoever trusts that Jesus is the Christ is born of God (1 John 5:1). ... "We are not in the flesh but in the Spirit because the Spirit of God lives in us.love-god-love-others.blogspot.com/.../02/we...flesh-and.html

Jeremiah 17:5 This is what the LORD says: "Cursed is the one ...
New International Version This is what the LORD says: "Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who draws strength from mere flesh and whose heart turns away from the LORD.biblehub.com/jeremiah/17-5.htm

Proverbs 29:25 Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but ...
New International Version Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. New Living Translation Fearing people is a dangerous trap ...biblehub.com/proverbs/29-25.htm

Sacrifice of Blood and Flesh (part 1) - | G-d – please talk ...
Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever trusts in me will never be thirsty. ... Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life ...examineeverything.org/2012/05/...of-blood-and-flesh-part-1

Whoever Trusts in the LORD Is Kept Safe” - Life Action ...
Whoever Trusts in the LORD Is Kept Safe ... Paul spoke of a particular trial in 2 Corinthians 12. He said he had a "thorn in [his] flesh" (v. 7).https://www.lifeaction.org/.../whoever-trusts-lord-kept-safe

John 6 - CJB - Online Bible Study - BibleStudyTools.com
Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever trusts in me will never be thirsty. ... 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life ...www.biblestudytools.com/cjb/john/6.html

John 6:47-51 CJB - Yes, indeed! I tell you, whoever trusts ...
Yes, indeed! I tell you, whoever trusts has eternal life: I am the bread which is life. Your fathers ate the man in the desert; they died. But the bread that comes ...www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+6%3A47-51&...

"We Do Not War Against Flesh and Blood...": History
"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, ... "Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe" (Proverbs 29:25, NIV)stienster.blogspot.com/2010/04/history.html

Trusts (35 Occurrences) - Bible Apps .com
Whoever trusts in Yahweh is blessed. (WEB NAS RSV NIV) ... Cursed is the man who trusts in man, and makes flesh his arm, and whose heart departs from Yahweh.bibleapps.com/t/trusts.htm

OSAS is not false. By His grace and our faith, we are saved. Thank you Lord.

This is my understanding.
If we say we have faith in Christ that faith will cause us to be obedient to Him. We, has mere men, do not always behave in faith, especially those who are young in their salvation and those who have some serious issues in their lives. Our willingness to allow the Holy Spirit to change our behaviors may not always be in line with what is actually happening. But God knows who's heart is willing even though they may struggle and sometimes just flat out disobey.
But one who keeps going and does not give up will overcome. Jesus is faithful even when we are not.

Isa 42:3 A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth.
Isa 42:4 He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law.
I understand this verse 42:3 as John Gill presents it....
http://biblehub.com/commentaries/gill/isaiah/42.htm

But grace covers them, so they will endure.
that is true of those who endure, yes.
but those who do not endure, well...... they just don't endure and God will do what God will do , if He wants to.

but those who do not endure, well...... they just don't endure and God will do what God will do , if He wants to.

Hi Jeff. Those who don't endure or leave the faith are called apostates. They were never born again to begin with.

... and YHWH IS DELIGHTED ! when His people gather together in person and talk about Him).(Malachi)
Yup, and those who are really His will be a-gatherin' in small groups before very long for 2 reasons:
-- God will be shuttin' down many corrupt churches
-- the antichrist will be killin' many in all churches

Hi Jeff. Those who don't endure or leave the faith are called apostates. They were never born again to begin with.
perhaps.
either way, they don't endure, or they leave the faith, or both. whether they ever were born again or not, Yhwh knows. but it is a circular (invalid) argument to those who think they are saved when they are not. they are not saved, they don't endure, they leave the faith or never came to it to start with. no doctrine anywhere will save them.

I'll take a wild guess and say ...
God wants to do what He has promised, warned, threatened, etc. in His word,
which, in this case, is to exclude them from eternal life.

Yup, and those who are really His will be a-gatherin' in small groups before very long for 2 reasons:
-- God will be shuttin' down many corrupt churches
-- the antichrist will be killin' many in all churches

if only that were so........ God didn't shut down the businesses or anything before His judgement was executed, either the FLOOD, or the perverts playground sodom and gomorrah. everything went along just as 'it always had' , people partying, shopping, marrying and giving in marriage; people checking out land before buying it, et c et c et c ......
there's nothing to indicate that God will shut down anything on earth before executing His swift and devastating judgment, is there?
and
the ones killing others, have been and will be church people/leaders/ killing others thinking that they are doing God good service doing so. they actually believe like hitler believed himself(and (most of)the churches agreed with hitler for a while- heil h! God's man ! ) .... sick sick world.

Post-apostolic, there has been way too much dB (so much that it hurts).
Post-apostolic, there has been way too much dU (so much that it hurts).

Way too much disastrous Belief in such things as OSAS.
Way too much disastrous Unbelief in such things as the spiritual power gifts.

If a person is truly born again it is (impossible) to leave the faith and to not endure.
Thou shall actually see ... how wrong thou actually is!
Praise God.

I'ze a-talkin' about the 2 up's:
-- unbelievable persecution (even unto death) during the great tribulation of the antichrist
-- unbelievable pressure (even unto death) to partake of the antichrist's mark of the beast

You shall have some idea of who endures to the end ... and who does not.
You ... ever stared death in the face before?
You ... sure you know how you'll react?

No that's wrong. If a person is truly born again it is (impossible) to leave the faith and to not endure. You will know them by their fruits.

Do you have something to substantiate that claim? Book, chapter, verse maybe?

Thou shall actually see ... how wrong thou actually is!
Praise God.

I'ze a-talkin' about the 2 up's:
-- unbelievable persecution (even unto death) during the great tribulation of the antichrist
-- unbelievable pressure (even unto death) to partake of the antichrist's mark of the beast

You shall have some idea of who endures to the end ... and who does not.

Hi John. And again those who endure to the end will be born again christians; along with persecution, pressure and everything in between.

Do you have something to substantiate that claim? Book, chapter, verse maybe?

Book: Eternal Security by Dr. Charles F. Stanley
Verse: Ephesians 1:13-14 to name a few
Me: Once you are under grace, His grace will never leave you.

You said: "it is (impossible) to leave the faith". The verses you gave me don't say that. The question isn't whether or not God will abandon us, it's whether or not we are able to abandon Him.

Ephesians 1
13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,
14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

Book: Eternal Security by Dr. Charles F. Stanley
Perhaps, I should remind you just exactly who Paul was writing to in Ephesus ...
"... to the saints who are in Ephesus, and faithful in Christ Jesus: ..."

It is more than possible for a saint who is sitting in a church to NOT be living faithfully.
This condition can, of course, change through sincere repentance.
And this is where our free will comes in ... to repent, or not to repent.

The question isn't whether or not God will abandon us, it's whether or not we are able to abandon Him.

If you are indwelled with the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit will never leave you. If the HS never leaves you, you can never leave the HS. Sealed is sealed.

Perhaps, I should remind you just exactly who Paul was writing to in Ephesus ...
"... to the saints who are in Ephesus, and faithful in Christ Jesus: ..."

It is more than possible for a saint who is sitting in a church to NOT be living faithfully.
This condition can, of course, change through sincere repentance.
And this is where our free will comes in ... to repent, or not to repent.

Let me put it simply. A (nonbeliever) who repents is accepting salvation. Salvation is a one time deal. A (believer) who repents is simply drawing closer to God through the Holy Spirit, but if a believer who doesn't repent tomorrow and dies tomorrow still goes to heaven John, because all sins are covered in grace. God is not asking us to be perfect because nobody is, he draws people into salvation in order to have a (relationship) with him.

there's a whole list of sins and sinners in the book of Revelation (God's Wod, Scripture)
which are not forgiven which are not covered by grace or justified or sanctified or any such thing.....
the whole book of Revelation makes this very very clear.

First John too, btw. and probably several others too, in Scripture.

there's a whole list of sins and sinners in the book of Revelation (God's Wod, Scripture)
which are not forgiven which are not covered by grace or justified or sanctified or any such thing.....
the whole book of Revelation makes this very very clear.

First John too, btw. and probably several others too, in Scripture.
What other sin besides blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is not forgiven?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back