Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Reasons why you are very unwise to trust your church’s doctrines

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
there's a whole list of sins and sinners in the book of Revelation (God's Word, Scripture)
which are not forgiven which are not covered by grace or justified or sanctified or any such thing.....

Hey Jeff.
If you are not covered by grace you are still a nonbeliever.
You're either covered or you're not.
If you're covered by grace...then forgiveness, grace, justification and sanctification automatically come with your salvation.
Forgiveness, grace, justification and sanctification are all part of God's character and plan for your life.

What other sin besides blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is not forgiven?

I listed some before(weeks ago) (Edited, ToS 1.3. Obadiah)
But if you will take a little time needed to read the book of Revelation,
you will see several plainly stated, (IN ENGLISH, OY VEH! I can't believe english actually is okay sometimes !!!)

Last edited by a moderator:
I listed some before(weeks ago) (Edited, ToS 1.3. Obadiah)
But if you will take a little time needed to read the book of Revelation,
you will see several plainly stated, (IN ENGLISH, OY VEH! I can't believe english actually is okay sometimes !!!)

All sin is forgiven Jeff.

Where in the Word does it state we are unable to abandon the faith?

Hi Gary. People who abandon the faith are people who were never under His grace to begin with. (Truth/Marked/Seal/Promised/Guaranteeing) - Eph 1:13-14 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession--to the praise of his glory.

Hi Gary. People who abandon the faith are people who were never under His grace to begin with. (Truth/Marked/Seal/Promised/Guaranteeing) - Eph 1:13-14 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession--to the praise of his glory.
Where in the Word does it state we are unable to abandon the faith?

That passage from Ephesians doesn't answer the question. Please try again.

there's a whole list of sins and sinners in the book of Revelation (God's Wod, Scripture)
which are not forgiven which are not covered by grace or justified or sanctified or any such thing.....
the whole book of Revelation makes this very very clear.
First John too, btw. and probably several others too, in Scripture.
Thou understandeth the NT ... I wish everyone here would listen to you and believe you!

People who abandon the faith are people who were never under His grace to begin with.
Butski, how about those believers in the NT churches who rejected God's grace?
They fell away, right? ... Difficult to fall away from somethin' you never had.
I suppose I need to dreg up all of those verses also?

(Edited, ToS 2.4, offering unwelcome spiritual advice. Obadiah.)

Butski, how about those believers in the NT churches who rejected God's grace?
They fell away, right? ... Difficult to fall away from somethin' you never had.
I suppose I need to dreg up all of those verses also?

(Edited, ToS 2.4, offering unwelcome spiritual advice. Obadiah.)

Hi John. The term 'falling away' describes apostasy. A born again christian will never become an apostate because they are (under grace) and indwelled with the (Holy Spirit).

That passage from Ephesians doesn't answer the question. Please try again.

Hey Gary. As I stated before Eph 1:13-14. This scripture is the meat of God's grace and love for us. What do these words mean to you, (Truth/Marked/Seal/Promised/Guaranteeing). To abandon something is to leave completely. That is the opposite of who the Holy Spirit is. The character of the Holy Spirit is the antonym of the word 'abandon'. What specifically are you not understanding, and maybe I can help.

a·ban·don / verb (used with object)
1. to leave completely and finally; forsake utterly; desert: to abandon one's farm; to abandon a child; to abandon a sinking ship.
2. to give up; discontinue; withdraw from: to abandon a research project; to abandon hopes for a stage career.
3. to give up the control of: to abandon a city to an enemy army.
4.to yield (oneself) without restraint or moderation; give (oneself) over to natural impulses, usually without self-control: to abandon oneself to grief.
5. Law. to cast away, leave, or desert, as property or a child.

The term 'falling away' describes apostasy.
A born again christian will never become an apostate
because they are (under grace) and indwelled with the (Holy Spirit).
2 Thes 2:3 "Let no one deceive you by any means;
for that Day will not come unless the falling away (apostacy) comes first,
and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition ..."

This is talking about the falling away from the faith of many believers in the last days.
They will do so for several reasons, one being faith/trust in a pre-trib rapture.

BTW, what does "the faith" mean?
IMO, it means the faith in the Scriptures, i.e. the true gospel of Jesus Christ,
which is NOT taught today in many pulpits.

2 Thes 2:3 "Let no one deceive you by any means;
for that Day will not come unless the falling away (apostacy) comes first,
and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition ..."

This is talking about the falling away from the faith of many believers in the last days.
They will do so for several reasons, one being faith/trust in a pre-trib rapture.

No, 2 Thess 2:3 is speaking of false and religious churches worshiping Paganism and such. You will know them by their fruits John. This scripture is not talking about true believers.

No, 2 Thess 2:3 is speaking of false and religious churches worshiping Paganism and such.
You will know them by their fruits John. This scripture is not talking about true believers.
2 Thes 2:
1 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him,
we ask you,
2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us,
as though the day of Christ had come.
3 Let no one deceive you by any means;
for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first,
and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition ...

I am one of those fuzzy blue ones.

2 Thes 2:
1 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him,
we ask you,
2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us,
as though the day of Christ had come.
3 Let no one deceive you by any means;
for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first,
and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition ...

I am one of those fuzzy blue ones.

John. Paul is protecting the (brethren/the born again christian). He is writing this letter to (us) to let us know not to be unsettled or alarmed about prophecy being fulfilled. He's not saying the brethren is falling away, he's saying for that day will not come unless these things happen. He's simply writing the letter (too) the brethren (about) deception in that day. He's letting the brethren/born again christian know what to look for on that Day. "That Day" being the coming of Christ.

Hey Gary. As I stated before Eph 1:13-14. This scripture is the meat of God's grace and love for us. What do these words mean to you, (Truth/Marked/Seal/Promised/Guaranteeing). To abandon something is to leave completely. That is the opposite of who the Holy Spirit is. The character of the Holy Spirit is the antonym of the word 'abandon'. What specifically are you not understanding, and maybe I can help.

Your reluctance to answer my question.

Your reluctance to answer my question.

Hey Gary. I apologize if I'm not being too clear with posts. I'll try again. Ok my friend, the result of having faith is being indwelled with the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is a person, and the character of the Holy Spirit is the opposite of the word abandonment. You asked how can a believer not abandon his faith. My answer is how can he when the Holy Spirit himself won't abandon the believer. Abandonment is to leave completely, so if a believer is sealed in the Holy Spirit how can the believer go back to being a nonbeliever. It's not scriptural.

John. Paul is protecting the (brethren/the born again christian). He is writing this letter to (us) to let us know not to be unsettled or alarmed about prophecy being fulfilled. He's not saying the brethren is falling away, he's saying for that day will not come unless these things happen. He's simply writing the letter (too) the brethren (about) deception in that day. He's letting the brethren/born again christian know what to look for on that Day. "That Day" being the coming of Christ.
Yes, of course, you are correct.
Those falling away are falling away from the faith, the church, and etc.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back