Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Repent!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
If you live in California, get out now while you can.
Repent, for the end is near.
My sister is moving to L.A. area this Thanksgiving. I would've advised her otherwise, but she will do what she wants. :shock

Rollo, this is a very intriguing side of you. You obviously have something pressed upon your Spirit?

Repent, California is sinking in the ocean, but first drought and the evils of Hollywood taking over the morals of the world.
Yes, repent, because Hollywood will sink California first.
LOL! I take it your being funny or sarcastic here.

But if not, I guess I would have to ask how much time you have lived in California in order to be able to know these things. I lived there most of my life, right by the ocean, and I can assure you California is not sinking into the ocean, droughts have always been reality in California as well as a lot of other places even from before the time of Christ, and the "evils of Hollywood" are not taking over the morals of the world. If the morals of the world are worse today than at any other time in history (I don't believe they are) it came from a lot of places. How much time have you spent living or working in Hollywood to know what "evils" lurk there? A large part of Hollywood today is mainly a slum full of homeless bums and drug addicts or just a residential suburb of Los Angeles. Hardly the kind of people to influence the world. The majority of movies (that some people always like to demonize) aren't even made in Hollywood anymore.

Everyone been saying that for 2000 years.
Here is the difference after 200 years. Prophecy says that God would put Israel back in her land and give her a new fleshy heart, that the land that was cursed desolate would produce again after God put them back in their land. He also said that Israel would be surrounded by enemies and also be threatened by Russia and China near end times and that inequity would abound and that the Harlot church would corrupt into politics and material gain near the end times blaspheming God.(Ezek. 36: 26-38) (Revelation chapter 17) (Rev. 9: 13-21) Israel has one of the most successful agriculture exports in the middle east. Where the land was desolate and produced nothing, became fruitful after Israel came home.. Russia are the descendants of Tubal (Gen. 10:2) and are in the battle of Magog or the valley of Meggaddo against Israel.. And Israel returned to her land in 1947.

Jos 21:43 And the LORD gave unto Israel all the land which he sware to give unto their fathers; and they possessed it, and dwelt therein.
Jos 21:44 And the LORD gave them rest round about, according to all that he sware unto their fathers: and there stood not a man of all their enemies before them; the LORD delivered all their enemies into their hand.
Jos 21:45 There failed not ought of any good thing which the LORD had spoken unto the house of Israel; all came to pass.

Here is the difference after 200 years. Prophecy says that God would put Israel back in her land and give her a new fleshy heart, that the land that was cursed desolate would produce again after God put them back in their land. He also said that Israel would be surrounded by enemies and also be threatened by Russia and China near end times and that inequity would abound and that the Harlot church would corrupt into politics and material gain near the end times blaspheming God.(Ezek. 36: 26-38) (Revelation chapter 17) (Rev. 9: 13-21) Israel has one of the most successful agriculture exports in the middle east. Where the land was desolate and produced nothing, became fruitful after Israel came home.. Russia are the descendants of Tubal (Gen. 10:2) and are in the battle of Magog or the valley of Meggaddo against Israel.. And Israel returned to her land in 1947.

You mean false isreal, or the real Israel?.

Yes, Paris was a tragedy, but less than half the number of people were killed than usually die in one single plane crash.

Yes, Paris was a tragedy, but less than half the number of people were killed than usually die in one single plane crash.

No kidding. Everybody freaked out about Paris needs to ask themselves why not the same emotional response to a Russian airliner bombed out of the sky over Sinai with greater loss of life?

LOL! I take it your being funny or sarcastic here.

But if not, I guess I would have to ask how much time you have lived in California in order to be able to know these things. I lived there most of my life, right by the ocean, and I can assure you California is not sinking into the ocean, droughts have always been reality in California as well as a lot of other places even from before the time of Christ, and the "evils of Hollywood" are not taking over the morals of the world. If the morals of the world are worse today than at any other time in history (I don't believe they are) it came from a lot of places. How much time have you spent living or working in Hollywood to know what "evils" lurk there? A large part of Hollywood today is mainly a slum full of homeless bums and drug addicts or just a residential suburb of Los Angeles. Hardly the kind of people to influence the world. The majority of movies (that some people always like to demonize) aren't even made in Hollywood anymore.

Reba knows the answer.
Ask Reba.

I'm going to church.
I hope you will all spend some time with God and prepare yourselves for the end when it comes, because it is coming.

Sometimes, I think all the secularization of the church might be a sign that the end times are upon us.
Without a doubt:
“What shall I compare the kingdom of God to? It is like yeast that a woman took and mixed into about sixty pounds of flour until it worked all through the dough.” (Luke 13:20-21 NIV)

"1But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. 2For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, 4treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power" (2 Timothy 3:1-5 NASB)

I'd say both of these passages are well on their way to fulfillment.

(although...if everybody's narcissistic...then is it even a disorder, or is it the new normal?)
Yep. Precisely why, I believe, they declassified it as a mental disorder.
The world does not see it, but sin is a mental disorder. Christ puts people back into a rational, right mind.

I think "post-Christian" society is just reverting to pre-Christian, pagan ways of being, with some post-modernism thrown in for flavor. Sure, it seems terrible, but...probably a (for now, at least) milder version of what went on pre-Christ and during the early days of the faith.
True. It's interesting to note how the church acts just like the Israelites did, mirroring their powerless hypocrisy and unbelief, taking false comfort in a relationship with God they really don't have.

I'm going to church.
I hope you will all spend some time with God and prepare yourselves for the end when it comes, because it is coming.
"for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3While people are saying, “Peace and safety,” destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape." (2 Thessalonians 5:2-3 NASB)

Just when we think it won't happen, 'BANG'.
Be ready, folks.

But you, brothers and sisters, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief. 5You are all children of the light and children of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness. 6So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be awake and sober.
8 ...let us be sober, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet." (2 Thessalonians 5:4-6,8 NASB)

How does that work out?. What do you do if say 6 people agree on what something means, and the other 4 disagree?. Is it majority rules, or do you all get in the boxing ring and fight it out?. Lol.

Or is there one person who teaches?
This is how God intends it to work:
29Two or three prophets should speak, and the others should weigh carefully what is said. 30And if a revelation comes to someone who is sitting down, the first speaker should stop. 31For you can all prophesy in turn so that everyone may be instructed and encouraged." (1 Corinthians 14:29-31 NASB)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back