Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Route pics

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
It's actually close to the plant where I took that. I wish it was chugging steam or cng fumes when take the photos as it would run non stop years ago.

Hint to find the old diesel plant .the water tower which is also in this photo. With the packing house.this is before the diesel plant but not before vero electric. 1919 at the oldest.

The upper right with the label vero beach on the water tower.notice the diesel plant isn't there.there were two wooden buildings that housed turbines prior to the diesel plant.both burned down.View attachment 11256

Great old pictures! Thank heaven that someone knew it would be important to hang on to the old photos!
Historical photos from the citrus museum.the one on the wall is at McDonald's and that one has alot.I use it to reference old names.I have used it for verification. Old church photos,etc.

The old maps & aerial photos of older Vero are great, too!
I found at least five still standing references.the theatre,the old farmers bank,the diesel plant.the original gas station now a car wash.one home.ironside press,then the vero press journal.

It's great the old landmarks can still be found & identified. Far too many cities, towns have torn down the old to make room for the new

It's great the old landmarks can still be found & identified. Far too many cities, towns have torn down the old to make room for the new
Just by the old plant I noticed a few changes.the water tower was way bigger when I was a kid and also the plant has more turbines later on.homes gone .packing houses in city limits is just not something most will know. In the image there's three.

Back