Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Route pics

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I was right the diesel plant did indeed have an awning. Here whilst I post the photos and story going back to the early 20s.the arial based in the source is no earlier then My date but since I can make out another marker the arial is a ww2 era.the drive in park isn't there.

http://www.tcpalm.com/story/special...al-bunny-boy-brought-bug-vero-beach/98293106/

What a great article! I rather like the line about Bunny accepting Confederate money for a VW. Now that really proves a deep interest in the Civil War!

The migration took place earlier today. They're still working on settling all the details.
Ok.if I can get two photos posted the diesel plant is in it and how young it was.the water tower was rebuilt and moved.interesting.I made out grants furniture, and also seen the current buguy bunch building. This puts that in the late 40s.if I'm right.I will look it up .

Nothing of his home,dealership remains..

The article spoke of the home & cabana falling into the ocean .... and I figured the lot where the dealership was had long been sold & turned into something else.

Bunny and his wife must have been really cool people to know .... the article was great!

Ok.if I can get two photos posted the diesel plant is in it and how young it was.the water tower was rebuilt and moved.interesting.I made out grants furniture, and also seen the current buguy bunch building. This puts that in the late 40s.if I'm right.I will look it up .
IF I'm not mistaken this is after 1948 at the earliest. wow.

The article spoke of the home & cabana falling into the ocean .... and I figured the lot where the dealership was had long been sold & turned into something else.

Bunny and his wife must have been really cool people to know .... the article was great!
you have seen the photo of what home is at 3630 ocean drive. that is the spire's route. named after the village spires.

the county was right, the old gal was built in 1921. you will love the article if I can post it. pre separation from st.lucie county. the plant fires aren't mentioned and also the city was running it then. the plaque at big blue which was in the diesel plant originally is a dedication of the 1926. I figured the plant was 30s but knowing what I know now it has that roaring 20s. it is predepression. still it can easily fit into the art deco of the 30s .

Moving a water tower away from a power plant makes sense in case the power plant goes awry. But the city fathers probably thought moving the water tower to a more convenient location made more sense when they needed to enlarge the tower.

Moving a water tower away from a power plant makes sense in case the power plant goes awry. But the city fathers probably thought moving the water tower to a more convenient location made more sense when they needed to enlarge the tower.
It was moved a few hundred feet west and use up to the late 80s.it was blue and a lot like the Gifford one.

I use the diesel plant to find old things.can I see the shadow of the tower? If yes then I can know that 19th pl is there and the diesel plant.

Only a few hundred feet? Curious!
Yup. It would be about where the old garage like structure next to the tower in the photo is.remember that 19th pl was widened two a four lane and had the culture de SAC up to the mid 80s.I remember when they changed it.commerce ave lights then sucked .still do.

Yup. It would be about where the old garage like structure next to the tower in the photo is.remember that 19th pl was widened two a four lane and had the culture de SAC up to the mid 80s.I remember when they changed it.commerce ave lights then sucked .still do.

The entire area has undergone changes in one form or another

The entire area has undergone changes in one form or another
Funny I was driving to work and was asked by a Hispanic dump truck driver,a convoy of of six with him,where the power plant was.I asked which adress and he is like after I told him ,oh the old one.the amount of concrete they are removing is staggering

Funny I was driving to work and was asked by a Hispanic dump truck driver,a convoy of of six with him,where the power plant was.I asked which adress and he is like after I told him ,oh the old one.the amount of concrete they are removing is staggering

What a small world! What are the odds of that actually happening, the timing of the dump truck driver asking directions like that!

What a small world! What are the odds of that actually happening, the timing of the dump truck driver asking directions like that!
City hall,I park at a city hall designated parking lot .we keep the trucks there.19th pl and 19th St is confusing there.they were looking for 1133 19th pl
11 th ave and 20th pl is about where I was .so it's a confusing.

Understandable the confusion.

My middle adult child lives on a street that is designated a 'Drive' .... there's also a street by the same name but is a "Road" .... and in a new suburb, there's the same name but is a "Circle".

The post office isn't happy.

Understandable the confusion.

My middle adult child lives on a street that is designated a 'Drive' .... there's also a street by the same name but is a "Road" .... and in a new suburb, there's the same name but is a "Circle".

The post office isn't happy.
Lol.live oak ln,live oak rd,Sable palm ln,sabal palm drive,saba palm rd.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back