Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Route pics

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
In some climates, I can understand flat roofs. In the Midwest, flat roofs leak after a time, and the patching & re-patching is a continuing project.

In some climates, I can understand flat roofs. In the Midwest, flat roofs leak after a time, and the patching & re-patching is a continuing project.
less common now given the problem of collapsing roofs when the drains are clogged. it has happened. those homes are wood and stucco with no brick. they can be torn down within an hour. I saw one being torn down before I could record it. it was the home of a vet that was a bit out there from his war time service and his parents and brother all lived in that smaller Spanish style home. my mom, and I went buy it prior to its demolition and reminisced. she remembered the home clearly and described it without having been it for over two decades. it was on a route that basil did and I have been by it looking around when it was vacant to see what was there.

The problem with flat roofs in my part of the US is the built-up weight of snow & ice.

Only an hour to demolish a wood & stucco (no brick) structure? Incredible!

The problem with flat roofs in my part of the US is the built-up weight of snow & ice.

Only an hour to demolish a wood & stucco (no brick) structure? Incredible!
track hoe or back hoe or front loader will do it. they usually use a front loader and it simply rams the walls down and so forth then once down they use the bucket to scoop up the big stuff and finish with a skid steer and or shovels. these aren't that big. I haven't seen the two stories ones come down. I could have gotten a photo of one today that had a parking garage(wealthy for that time). I talked to that owner a year ago the house was built in 1925.

I'd enjoy seeing photos from dives in that area :sohappy
I will see what I can find .btw the cemetery on dove plum road isn't the earliest .Oslo cemetery has that one beat.date of death at John island cemetery is 1889.I know that one is earlier then that that at oslo.let alone the winter beach one.

Interesting history, nice to have a pic. too.
Nothing left of it save the tower foundstions.im talking about the wreck of the ss brechonshire.the link has a pic of the rebuilt bethel creek refuge.I will post an old topo image of it as well.the narrows is on some older maps.so I will throw that on too

the above is a virgin image from the topo of my county dated 2-25-1981. I could have used google imagery but this will suffice since little has changed. if you looked to the west of the roads and see those tiny dots in the river. that is the city marina where in this thread I posted images. you all have prayed for many routes shown just in this image. the easiest to see is the big lakes with the docs and homes around it ,(cache cay) I will label all and post. then post an older ww2 image of the same area to show where the bethel creek refuge house was. it was there then and used by the coasties.

Back