Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Route pics

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
1) the referenced are where they wanted to make an inlet and it is also at times called the narrows as a reference to about where they had this bethel refuge. it was a small natural inlet that was filled in
2) the pier. this will not be in any old image I post. but if you feel up to looking up it via google earth. you can easily find this. I have taken jaci there.(file I uploaded is called jaci beach as I named it.lol)
3.bethel creek
4)jaycee beach now and then(not much has changed save a few new playgrounds)also called Jaci beach!
5)cache cay. this will not be seen in the next older image but note the location of it too the creek for a reference to find the refuge
6)the city marina, it is posted in this thread. its the same. the boats and moorings are the same. it has been there and only one addition. there has been some shifting of the bridges. the image here shows the old draw bridge, and bigger mcwilliam park
7) the narrows, this was really narrow still is. it was the only way to pass through this area until the 1920's as just east of that is fritz island and on the other side the river was able to be waded across to the island.

the above is the ww2 image. things to notice. not much of roads. the pdf talks about a1a.(shown then). the refuge is visible. its to the northeast of the of circled plane crash(most likely what those are). its the only edifice on that road and use the reference of jayce beach and the new bethel creek with cache cay to help you find it with the new image. its amazing what we have changed from these to images merely in just under 40 years

The maps are fascinating ... particularly the first one that shows where Jaci's Beach is located!

The scenes of the Breconshire were so clear .... I used to appreciate dives like that!

That's how I'll be thinking about Jaycee Beach: as Jaci's Beach!

Not every little girl has a beach named after her!

Unusual architecture works for me .... or stunning landscaping...... or palm trees. One can never view too many palm trees :wave2

Unusual architecture works for me .... or stunning landscaping...... or palm trees. One can never view too many palm trees :wave2
I posted one, that home with the gothic doorway. take a gander. there was on other that is odd in that area. I wanted a better pic of that Spanish stucco one but stopping on 43rd ave is a bit dangerous.oh. ah I know the competitor to hale groves and one of the oldest groves in my county. its homes still stand. sadly most of his groves are gone. Peterson groves. I will get that pic and dig the stories

Very true about the gothic doorway. Too bad that the front door didn't quite go with the entry.The front windows should have been replaced to coordinate with the doorway ........ that would have been interesting!

Very true about the gothic doorway. Too bad that the front door didn't quite go with the entry.The front windows should have been replaced to coordinate with the doorway ........ that would have been interesting!
that house sticks out. the gothic door way is about 20 feet from the door. I don't understand why they did that. the other homes in that 50's era neighborhood are cookie cutter for the most part.

The design of the house (minus the gothic doorway) is quite similar to what is seen in far too many subdivisions in the Midwest. Cookie cutter all the way.

this home is one of four I think that were studios onced owned by the sexton family as in the waldo sexton. my mother rented one of the others. she said the others no longer stand. this home isn't very big and true to the form of the era it has a separate garage one the east side. I will randomly pic one of these located elsewhere and show how common these were and are.

The design of the house (minus the gothic doorway) is quite similar to what is seen in far too many subdivisions in the Midwest. Cookie cutter all the way.
yet it doesn't fit with the others. I wish I could have taken pics of the others to make the case. but I feel im being watched when I do this.

yet it doesn't fit with the others. I wish I could have taken pics of the others to make the case. but I feel im being watched when I do this.

You probably are being watched! People are a bit cautious when there's someone snapping photos in their neighborhood.

You probably are being watched! People are a bit cautious when there's someone snapping photos in their neighborhood.
I seldom dismount from my truck. most of those pics are NOT taken with me outside the truck. only the airfield ones . that is where it doesn't matter. I zoom the homes in from my truck. the white cracker home(not racial in intent) is where I ate lunch. the florida cracker home is similar to this. im unsure the age of that home. I cant find it in ww2 images. it may be newer and made to look old. I will find some well known cracker homes and post them

Back