Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Route pics

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
ah there is one old grove home to the west of trillium that is as old or close to the Peterson groves. I know from the owner of the horse barn the age of it. 1924. I will be able to take a pic. the owner likely wont care. he will know my truck. if he asks I will tell him why.

Now where's the challenge of taking photos from your truck????? :hysterical

It would be the mere fact that you're in the neighborhood, reading meters, that would have the neighbors on edge. Potential dread of next utility bill.............

There were quite a few old horse barns/stables that were converted into homes in and around Chicago. Some of the carriage houses are now quite stunning.

Now where's the challenge of taking photos from your truck????? :hysterical

It would be the mere fact that you're in the neighborhood, reading meters, that would have the neighbors on edge. Potential dread of next utility bill.............
I get the comments. I had one today with captain obvious. im lifting a lid to read a water meter and was asked what I was doing. I should have said her is your sign when you get your bill. and moved on. I didnt

I get the comments. I had one today with captain obvious. im lifting a lid to read a water meter and was asked what I was doing. I should have said her is your sign when you get your bill. and moved on. I didnt

Some people delight in asking the obvious.

Some people delight in asking the obvious.
the best one is while I was reading a hotel. do you have to read those meters? I responded. no they are all talking to me now. he was taken back by that for a second or two and then said here's your sign.

the best one is while I was reading a hotel. do you have to read those meters? I responded. no they are all talking to me now. he was taken back by that for a second or two and then said here's your sign.

That's hilarious!

So the meters talk to you, do they?

Do they sound like Homer Simpson?

That's hilarious!

So the meters talk to you, do they?

Do they sound like Homer Simpson?
I wasn't really in the mood for that stupid question. I still feel bad with the tone but he did appreciate the sarcasm about why must I walk a gazillion miles to get the reads when the darn transformer was out front and close to ocean drive. this was on that south beach route.

lol. homer simpson. I hate when they scroll. they can be set to scroll or not to scroll. I usually rant when they do that. come on. I don't have all day. oh I see its like that. you have a headache and don't want to corporate.the demand meters can take forever. the mall route, ugh I hate that one, which has the 100 meters in that old folks home has one southern wall where the meters do that. I will take a pic of those meter banks. those are the most in one place for an edifice but not the largest amount of meter rooms are on that route. for me that is the sea oak /ji condo route where I started this thread on. that has about 700 reads and most of its meters rooms. the first edifice I talk about that has the h shape has about 80 reads but in separate rooms

I think the reads would go alright. It's more the unwelcome critters and the 'captain obvious's that would provide some negativity towards the task.

I think the reads would go alright. It's more the unwelcome critters and the 'captain obvious's that would provide some negativity towards the task.
ah I get irritated too easily as I set goals of time hacks to beat. most of the time I can be more cordial.

Being cordial would be somewhat essential in the over-all nature of your job. You obviously do well with being cordial.

Being cordial would be somewhat essential in the over-all nature of your job. You obviously do well with being cordial.
I'm not rude.but I can be abrasive if in a rush.new routes are where I struggle with that.routes like idlewild/12th St it's easier to deal with questions since I know how long as how much time I need.last month I did 1.5 routes in one day.I had to finish the oak harbor route and the gifford middle route.I was in a rush. I finished both by 12:45.

Do you have time constraints on the routes due to management's say-so ?
Not really.as long as I finish.he doesn't mind but if I have a long route and need to be shown one the next day.I will be starting later the next day if I can't be shown.I don't want to be in the heat all day. I'm taking pics while cooling off. I took those three pics before 1pm. I wanted to finish the reads.get the inside reads that I have to use a bio to get and the dig outs as well. I dig up meters when I'm done

I can well understand about not wanting to be out in the heat.

I'm quite thankful for air conditioning in my home. That's one technology I wouldn't want to be without.

I can well understand about not wanting to be out in the heat.

I'm quite thankful for air conditioning in my home. That's one technology I wouldn't want to be without.
The route today ends at Waldo's secret garden the more I go there the more I appreciate the style of Waldo sexton.eccentric all the way.driftwood,block,Spanish styling,but not all in one place. The homes were cracker homes with driftwood and the diary has the Spanish touch.I wish I could snap those.so much to see there.I will snap the other Waldo locations .I have no concerns there as its public.ie driftwood inn,McKee jungle,the patio.

due to the weather, it got nasty fast, I wasn't able to get the pictures I wanted I have two to post. but the old Peterson home at Peterson's groves is what I wanted. I remember when that was all that was out there.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back