Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Salvation through sanctification

Does God’s plan of salvation include sanctification?

• Yes

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
God does not give victory to the flesh. All victory is in Jesus Christ; all victory is in Who He Is and What He accomplished for us at Calvary. Those who are proclaiming Jesus, but forsaking the Cross are wrestling with God. They are trying to bring about victory other than the "Law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus-God's prescribed order of victory over sin, the world, the flesh, and the Devil (Rom. 8:2)." This is why God (Jehovah, i.e., "a pre-incarnate appearance of the Lord Jesus Christ") touched the hollow of Jacob thigh (type of the flesh). We learn form this, "Jacob the heel catcher," went from wrestling to clinging, (the flesh is now crippled) depending on God's blessing(s). The sentence of death must be written on the flesh-the power of the Cross must be entered into before we can steadily walk with God.

Remember, if you leave the Cross, you walk away from God! Most Christians have left their First Love. They are proclaiming Jesus, but forsaking the Cross (lukewarm). This is called "Spiritual Adultery." If it continues, the scripture says the light is removed! Revelation 2:1-7; Revelation 3:14-19

Evangelist Torrance Nash Ministries

...have no confidence in the flesh (Phil. 3:3)

How is one's mind renewed under God?

God has chosen to operate His work from the basis of faith. "The Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus" (Romans 8:2) is God's prescribed order of victory for the Believer over sin, the world, the flesh, and the Devil. This means that the Believer must place and maintain proper Faith the size of a mustard seed exclusively in Christ (who He is) and His Finished Work (what He has done), i.e., The Cross, i.e., The Blood of Jesus. Why? Because whatsoever that is not faith is sin. By doing so this enters the Believer into justification and progressive sanctification that gives the Holy Spirit the legal means to keep all commandments and all laws that is impossible for us to do. The Holy Spirit renews the mind when Faith is placed and maintained in Christ and Him Crucified. Why? Because we are now operating in the spirit. The presenting of your body as a living sacrifice and the renewing of the mind is not a Christian discipline nor a work of labor, but an act of Faith to believe only - daily. No Believer can fix the flesh with the flesh. All fruits that are added to the leaves of the Believer most be done by the Holy Spirit or you enter the works of the flesh (Gal. 5:19-21).

The Holy Spirit, He Works strictly within the parameters of the "Finished Work" i.e., "the Cross of Christ", which demands that our Faith be exclusively in the Cross of Christ. The reason is simple, that's were the price was paid, and the victory was forever won (Romans 6:1-14; 1 Cor. 2:2; Gal. 5; Gal. 6:14; Eph. 2:13-18; Col. 2:14-15).

For whatsoever is not of faith is sin. (Romans 14:23)

The Law Of The Spirit Of Life In Christ Jesus gives the Believer victory over sin, the world, the flesh, and the Devil.

Victory over sin: Romans 8:2
Victory over the world: Galatians 6:14 ; 1 John 5:4
Victory over the flesh: Galatians 5:24
Victory over the Devil: Hebrews 2:14 ; Colossians 2:15

How does a Believer maintain faith exclusively in Christ and the Cross? By just believing in Jesus (who He is) and what He accomplished at Calvary Cross. Romans 4:5 - Galatians 2:19-21 NKJV - 1 Corinthians 1:18-25 NKJV - Colossians 2:11-15 NKJV

Last edited:
Please understand, justification is for Believers who commit acts of sin; not those who practice sin (un-believers). There is a difference.
Question,
From your perspective, can a non- believer be a person who can parrot back all the "right" doctrines, yet fail to "know" Christ?

I'd like to understand what constitutes a non- believer from your perspective.

Question,
From your perspective, can a non- believer be a person who can parrot back all the "right" doctrines, yet fail to "know" Christ?

I'd like to understand what constitutes a non- believer from your perspective.
Any person whose Faith that is not in the Finished Work at Calvary Cross, i.e., "The Perfect Sacrifice (The Lamb of God)," i.e., "The Blood of Jesus."

Jesus said, “I know your works, that you have a name that you are alive, but you are dead. Rev. 3:1, Matthew 7:21-23

When we say place your Faith in Christ, they understand that. However, when you say place your Faith in Christ and the Cross (ONLY), that's when the problem comes in. The non believer anointed by Satan say we must go beyond the Cross and bring in other biblical Christian disciplines and religious activities that appeals to the flesh. This is called Spiritual Adultery (lukewarm); Christ shall profit them nothing. Galatians 5:2

If you go beyond the Cross, you walk away from God and enter death! Romans 8:2

Last edited:
The sentence of death must be written on the flesh-the power of the Cross must be entered into before we can steadily walk with God.

Please explain how the power of the cross is entered into?

Here is how the scripture says that the deeds of the flesh are put to death.

For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.
Romans 8:13

if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body

It is up to each born again Christian to “put to death” the deeds of the flesh.

Remember, if you leave the Cross, you walk away from God!

Please give us an example of leaving the cross, so we can understand what you mean.

JLB

Any person whose Faith that is not in the Finished Work at Calvary Cross, i.e., "The Perfect Sacrifice (The Lamb of God)," i.e., "The Blood of Jesus."

Could you please quote the scripture that says we are to place our faith in the finished work of the cross?

I want to discuss what the scripture and context say.

JLB

This means that the Believer must place and maintain proper Faith the size of a mustard seed exclusively in Christ (who He is) and His Finished Work (what He has done), i.e., The Cross, i.e., The Blood of Jesus. Why? Because whatsoever that is not faith is sin. By doing so this enters the Believer into justification and progressive sanctification that gives the Holy Spirit the legal means to keep all commandments and all laws that is impossible for us to do.

Actually the scripture says that His commandments are not burdensome, which is a stark contradiction to your statement of
“keep all commandments and all laws that is impossible for us to do.”

For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome. 1 John 5:3

Did you know, by saying it’s impossible to keep His commandments, you are saying it’s impossible to love?

We have been given His life, His divine nature, empowered by His Spirit, so that we can now do the things He did, to practice righteousness rather that to practice the works of the flesh.

We have been given all things that pertain to eternal life and godliness.

JLB

Please explain how the power of the cross is entered into?
When the Believer Faith is placed and maintained exclusively in Christ and the Finished Work at Calvary Cross. The Believer now receives the help of the Holy Spirit. This is a Law; "The Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus, i.e., how the Holy Spirit works in the Believer. Romans 8:2
It is up to each born again Christian to “put to death” the deeds of the flesh.
Amen. Whosoever will. John 3:16, Romans 10:13
Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts. Zechariah 4:6
Please give us an example of leaving the cross, so we can understand what you mean.
John 6 KJV

“53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you (instead of softening or modifying this seemingly harsh Doctrine, He instead intensified it by declaring it indispensable to Salvation), Except you eat the Flesh of the Son of Man, and drink His Blood, you have no life in you (this terminology addresses the Cross; Christ would give Himself on the Cross for the Salvation of mankind; to fully believe in Him and what He did for us is what He means here; however, this Verse tells us the degree of believing that is required; it refers to the Cross being the total Object of one’s belief; failing that, there is no Life in you).

54 Whoso eats My Flesh, and drinks My Blood, has Eternal Life (once again, Christ reiterates the fact that if the Cross is the total Object of one’s Faith, such a person has “Eternal Life”); and I will raise him up at the last day (constitutes the fourth time this is spoken by Christ; consequently, the Believer has a fourfold assurance of the Resurrection).

“55 For My Flesh is meat indeed, and My Blood is drink indeed (the idea is that one must continue eating and drinking even on a daily basis, which speaks of bearing the Cross daily [Lk. 9:23]).

56 He who eats My Flesh, and drinks My Blood, dwells in Me, and I in him (the only way that one can dwell in Christ and Christ in him, which guarantees a victorious, overcoming life, is for the Cross to ever be the Object of Faith and, as stated, on a daily basis).

57 As the Living Father has sent Me (“Life-giving Father”), and I live by the Father (speaks of the Incarnation): so he who eats Me, even he shall Live by Me (proclaims the Truth that as Jesus did not live an independent life apart from the Father, so the Believer does not, and in fact cannot, live an independent life apart from Christ; we obtain and maintain this “Life” by ever looking to the Cross; the Believer never departs from the Cross; to do so is to invite spiritual wreckage [Gal. 2:20]).

“58 This is that Bread which came down from Heaven (once again points to Himself, and extols the outsized superiority over the Law, etc.): not as your fathers did eat Manna, and are dead (makes the comparison between that bread, a mere symbol of the True Bread which was to come, and the True Bread which now has come): he who eats of this Bread shall live for ever (He Alone, as the True Bread of Life, could give Eternal Life, but one had to “eat of this Bread” in order to have this Life, which means to accept Him as for Who He is and What He would do, which speaks of Calvary).

59 These things said He in the Synagogue, as He taught in Capernaum.

60 Many therefore of His Disciples, when they had heard this (spoke of those other than the Twelve), said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it? (They were unwilling to accept the bloody death of their Messiah, or to entrust themselves to a Divine Personality Whose most distinctive act would be His Sacrifice of Himself. This was the gross and terrible offence which made the Cross a stumblingblock to the “to the Jews [Mat. 16:21; I Cor. 1:23; Gal. 5:11].)

61 When Jesus knew in Himself that His Disciples murmured at it (registered unbelief), He said unto them, Does this offend you? (In fact, the Cross is an offence to the entirety of the world, and regrettably even most of the Church [Gal. 5:11].)

62 What and if you shall see the Son of Man ascend up where He was before? (Jesus points out that if His Death were a stumblingblock to them, how much more would be His Resurrection? But would not that prove the reality and value of His Death, and the depth of their unbelief?)

“63 It is the Spirit Who quickens (the Holy Spirit); the flesh profits nothing (in effect, says, “If you could literally eat My Flesh, and drink My Blood, it would not save your souls”; the word “flesh” as it is used here speaks of man’s efforts, whatever they might be, apart from Christ and the Cross): the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are Life (of the Holy Spirit, Who gives Life by and through the Finished Work of Christ).

64 But there are some of you who believe not (they did not believe what He said about Himself, which referred to the Cross; millions presently in the Church fall into the same category). For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who believed not (not the individuals per se, but rather that which would occasion their unbelief), and who should betray Him (it is speaking here of Judas Iscariot and the occasion of his betrayal, which was the Cross).”

“65 And He said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto Me, except it were given unto him of My Father (the invitation is to “whosoever will”; however, if the person rejects the Cross, the Father Commands the Holy Spirit to bar all entrance [Eph. 2:18]).

66 From that time many of His Disciples went back, and walked no more with Him (the claims of Christ were so profoundly different from what they anticipated that they now refused to accept Him at all!).”

JSM

Could you please quote the scripture that says we are to place our faith in the finished work of the cross?

I want to discuss what the scripture and context say.

JLB
See Gal. 2:20-21

How do we obtain "Righteousness?"

Last edited:
Actually the scripture says that His commandments are not burdensome, which is a stark contradiction to your statement of
“keep all commandments and all laws that is impossible for us to do.”

For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome. 1 John 5:3

Did you know, by saying it’s impossible to keep His commandments, you are saying it’s impossible to love?

We have been given His life, His divine nature, empowered by His Spirit, so that we can now do the things He did, to practice righteousness rather that to practice the works of the flesh.

We have been given all things that pertain to eternal life and godliness.

JLB
For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. Gal. 2:18

In other words, if I use my own strength and ability and try to do what the scriptures ask of me to do, I become a transgressor!

Under Grace, the Holy Spirit carries out the will of God in the Believer (Romans 8:2). Under the Law, the flesh (your own ability) carry's out the Law of God. Under Grace, the New Covenant, if Christ is a Law keeper, than I am a Law keeper because I am in Him (Romans 6:3-5, Gal. 2:20-21).

If the Believer does not understand this, all scriptures become enticing words to the flesh, that will be attempted by the flesh to perform (Romans 8:2-3, 1 Cor. 2:4). The Believer now becomes a transgressor (Gal. 2:18).

The Way Of The Spirit
Focus: The Lord Jesus Christ (John 14:6)
Object Of Faith: The Cross of Christ (Romans 6:1-14)
Power Source: The Holy Spirit (Romans 8:1-2, 11)
Results: Victory (Romans 6:14)

Man's Way
Focus: Works.
Object Of Faith: Performance.
Power Source: Self.
Results: Defeat!

It is by "Grace" through "Faith" that the "Temple" is built (our Temple). The "Temple was to be built under Solomon; not the sound of a hammer, not the sound of a tool, i.e., not one sound of mans labor.

The only thing that God will accept from any Believer is "Faith" in His Son Jesus and the Cross of Calvary where the victory was won, i.e., The Finished Work, i.e., The Blood of Jesus. ONLY!!!!!!!

If a Christian will and their efforts to live for God is in anything except Christ and the Cross, i.e., Finished Work, The Blood of Jesus (Romans 8:2), Satan can override your will and force you to do things you don't want to do and trying not to do (Ephesians 6:12). Jesus said deny yourself and pick up your cross and follow me (Luke 9:23).

Last edited:
How does the Holy Spirit carry out the will of God in a Believer life both to will and to do for His good pleasure {Phil 2:13} - (in other words, how do we walk and be led by the Holy Spirit so that the works of the flesh will not manifest (Gal. 5:19-21)?

Christian disciplines or religious activity doesn't give the Believer victory over sin, the world, the flesh, and the Devil. It is by "Grace" through "Faith" the humble receive the help of the Holy Spirit (Rom. 8:2). It is NOT by an act of LABOR, but an act of Faith placed and maintained exclusively in Christ and the Finished Work at Calvary Cross, i.e., the Blood of Jesus.

Anything and everything else, no matter how scriptural it may be, will be judged by God as iniquity (Matthew 7:14-23)! That includes fasting, praying, or any other Christian disciplines and/or religious activity that you are using to bring victory. The Christians who do this have just made a "LAW" by changing God's prescribed order of victory over sin, the world, the flesh, and the Devil. Rom. 8:2

Every blessing the Believer receives comes through the Cross!

Last edited:
When the Believer Faith is placed and maintained exclusively in Christ and the Finished Work at Calvary Cross.

How does a believer “place their faith” in Christ...?

It’s like your using the word “faith” in place of the word “trust” or believe.

Faith is a noun.

Faith is what we receive from the Lord when He speaks to us, whether directly or through those He sends to preach the Gospel.

Two Examples

1. How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written:“How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace,Who bring glad tidings of good things!” But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our report?” So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:14-17

Key Verses:

• And how shall they preach unless they are sent?
  • So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word (rhema) of God.

In this example, God spoke through, moved up, or inspired those He sent to preach the Gospel.

2. By faith Noah, being divinely warned of things not yet seen, moved with godly fear, prepared an ark for the saving of his household, by which he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness which is according to faith. Hebrews 11:7​
In this example we see that God directly spoke to Noah to build the Ark and Noah obeyed and was declared to be righteous;
The righteousness which is according to faith.

By faith, means God spoke to a person and the person obeyed.

JLB

John 6 KJV

“53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you (instead of softening or modifying this seemingly harsh Doctrine, He instead intensified it by declaring it indispensable to Salvation), Except you eat the Flesh of the Son of Man, and drink His Blood, you have no life in you (this terminology addresses the Cross; Christ would give Himself on the Cross for the Salvation of mankind; to fully believe in Him and what He did for us is what He means here; however, this Verse tells us the degree of believing that is required; it refers to the Cross being the total Object of one’s belief; failing that, there is no Life in you).

54 Whoso eats My Flesh, and drinks My Blood, has Eternal Life (once again, Christ reiterates the fact that if the Cross is the total Object of one’s Faith, such a person has “Eternal Life”); and I will raise him up at the last day (constitutes the fourth time this is spoken by Christ; consequently, the Believer has a fourfold assurance of the Resurrection).

“55 For My Flesh is meat indeed, and My Blood is drink indeed (the idea is that one must continue eating and drinking even on a daily basis, which speaks of bearing the Cross daily [Lk. 9:23]).

56 He who eats My Flesh, and drinks My Blood, dwells in Me, and I in him (the only way that one can dwell in Christ and Christ in him, which guarantees a victorious, overcoming life, is for the Cross to ever be the Object of Faith and, as stated, on a daily basis).

57 As the Living Father has sent Me (“Life-giving Father”), and I live by the Father (speaks of the Incarnation): so he who eats Me, even he shall Live by Me (proclaims the Truth that as Jesus did not live an independent life apart from the Father, so the Believer does not, and in fact cannot, live an independent life apart from Christ; we obtain and maintain this “Life” by ever looking to the Cross; the Believer never departs from the Cross; to do so is to invite spiritual wreckage [Gal. 2:20]).

“58 This is that Bread which came down from Heaven (once again points to Himself, and extols the outsized superiority over the Law, etc.): not as your fathers did eat Manna, and are dead (makes the comparison between that bread, a mere symbol of the True Bread which was to come, and the True Bread which now has come): he who eats of this Bread shall live for ever (He Alone, as the True Bread of Life, could give Eternal Life, but one had to “eat of this Bread” in order to have this Life, which means to accept Him as for Who He is and What He would do, which speaks of Calvary).

JSM

Eating His flesh and drinking His blood is “Covenant language” used in that culture to indicate that those who entered into covenant relationship share “one common life”.

Jesus explains this at the Passover meal -

And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, blessed and broke it, and gave it to the disciples and said, “Take, eat; this is My body.”
Then He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you. For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
Matthew 26:26-28

JLB

See Gal. 2:20-21

How do we obtain "Righteousness?"

I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain.”
Galatians 2:20-21

How many people are living the life that Paul lived, in which he constantly lived a life of fasting and prayer, being sent out by the Spirit, and led by the Spirit, and walked according to the Spirit in which he completely obeyed Christ in all things?

Please don’t try to insinuate that every born again Christian is crucified with Christ and is living by faith, in obedience to the Son of God.

Only Christians who actively crucify the flesh can claim this.

As Paul goes on to say in His letter to the Galatians -

I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
Galatians 5:16-24

However, here is how we continue in the righteousness we receive by obeying the Gospel.

We practice righteousness.

Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous.
1 John 3:7

JLB

Faith is a noun.

Faith is what we receive from the Lord when He speaks to us, whether directly or through those He sends to preach the Gospel.

Two Examples

1. How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written:“How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace,Who bring glad tidings of good things!” But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our report?” So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:14-17

Key Verses:

In this example, God spoke through, moved up, or inspired those He sent to preach the Gospel.

2. By faith Noah, being divinely warned of things not yet seen, moved with godly fear, prepared an ark for the saving of his household, by which he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness which is according to faith. Hebrews 11:7​
In this example we see that God directly spoke to Noah to build the Ark and Noah obeyed and was declared to be righteous;

JLB
There is a duality based on the faith purported by the person you are responding to. Or more likely by JSM

It's faith in Jesus and the cross.
In reality for me it's not the cross that saved us but what happened on the cross that saved us.

Faith in the risen Lord Jesus.

Reactions: JLB
For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. Gal. 2:18

In other words, if I use my own strength and ability and try to do what the scriptures ask of me to do, I become a transgressor!

No sir. (Although I agree we can not accomplish anything in our own strength)

The context of Galatians 2:18 is returning to the law of Moses and that fallacy.

Now when Peter had come to Antioch, I withstood him to his face, because he was to be blamed; for before certain men came from James, he would eat with the Gentiles; but when they came, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing those who were of the circumcision. And the rest of the Jews also played the hypocrite with him, so that even Barnabas was carried away with their hypocrisy.
But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, “If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews? We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.
“But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin? Certainly not! For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law died to the law that I might live to God. I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain.” Galatians 2:11-21

Why so many people think that if we obey the Spirit of Christ, then that is somehow the same as the “works of the law of Moses”

Utterly ridiculous!!!!

Only those who obey Jesus Christ will receive salvation.

And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him, Hebrews 5:9

JLB

Christian disciplines or religious activity doesn't give the Believer victory over sin, the world, the flesh, and the Devil. It is by "Grace" through "Faith" the humble receive the help of the Holy Spirit (Rom. 8:2). It is NOT by an act of LABOR, but an act of Faith placed and maintained exclusively in Christ and the Finished Work at Calvary Cross, i.e., the Blood of Jesus.

Anything and everything else, no matter how scriptural it may be, will be judged by God as iniquity (Matthew 7:14-23)! That includes fasting, praying, or any other Christian disciplines and/or religious activity that you are using to bring victory. The Christians who do this have just made a "LAW" by changing God's prescribed order of victory over sin, the world, the flesh, and the Devil. Rom. 8:2

Every blessing the Believer receives comes through the Cross!
Hey iLove,,,,
I know what JS means when he speaks of spiritual adultery.
He means that we turn away from the cross.

Above you state that Christian disciplines or religious activity does NOT give the believer victory over sin and that it is only by faith.
You refer to the above as LABOR.

This thread is about sanctification. It become tiring to read that there seems to be no difference between Justification and Sanctification. You say God will consider all as iniquity.

Could we understand the difference please?
What you're speaking about is Justification.
No amount of good deeds/works/labor could get a person saved.
They could do all the good deeds they want to, without faith they will be of no avail.

Justification lasts but a few seconds. A person repents of their sins and looks to God for salvation. God justifies that person...an act solely by God and in which man has no part, except for his repentance and acceptance of God in his life.

Immediately following this, Sanctification comes into the life of the believer. At this point...prayers do matter, fasting does matter, ANY religious activity does matter...and this is because of what Sanctification means.

It simply means to be set apart for service to God. Every activity you mentioned is service to God....anything of good that we do to promote the Kingdom of God on earth is service to God.

Do you agree with this?

Faith is a noun.

Two Examples

Key Verses:

JLB
It's difficult to separate the three words:
FAITH
BELIEVE
TRUST

If I BELIEVE you can drive,,,I'll TRUST you to drive my car.
If you can drive...I have FAITH that you'll get me where I'm going.

We're never getting to the top of that hill !

But we are bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth, 2 Thessalonians 2:13

• God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth.

I’m hoping to have a good discussion about the subject of sanctification, and how it pertains to our salvation.

Let’s start with what sanctification means.

Sanctification is the process by which we become pure, holy, and set apart for the Lord.

Sanctification; Strongs G38 - hagiasmos

The KJV translates Strong's G38 in the following manner: holiness (5x), sanctification (5x).

1. consecration, purification
  2. the effect of consecration
    1. sanctification of heart and life

Here are the 10 verses where this word appears in the New Testament, 5 are rendered as holiness, and 5 as sanctification.

I pulled these from the Strongs so they are in the KJV.

Rom 6:19 - I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.

Rom 6:22 - But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

1Co 1:30 - But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

1Th 4:3 - For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:

1Th 4:4 - That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour;

1Th 4:7 - For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.

2Th 2:13 - But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

1Ti 2:15 - Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

Heb 12:14 - Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

1Pe 1:2 - Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Do we believe as a Christian community that God’s plan of salvation for our lives and family, involves sanctification?
Sanctification is a process.
Some verses sound as if we have already achieved sanctification...
such as
1 Corinthians 6:11
Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

Paul is mixing in sanctification and justification.
Yes, we were justified in the name of the Lord...
Yes, we were sanctified in the name of the Lord...
but a careful study of scripture (which you have presented here) shows us that sanctification begins after justification,,,and then progresses through our life.

I like Hebrews 12:14
Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord.

Sanctified means to be set apart...
Holy means to be set apart...

We serve God our whole life...we are set apart forever if we allow it....so it must certainly be a process and at the end of that process, we will see glorification (at our passing).
Romans 6:22

1 Timothy 2:15 states that women shall be preserved through the bearing of children IF THEY CONTINUE in faith, and love and sanctity --- an on-going process.

1 Thessalonians 4:3 states that the will of God is our sanctification...to abstain from fornication....an on-going process since the abstinence is meant to be life-long.

Justification is immediate.
Sanctification is life-long.

Reactions: JLB

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back