Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Salvation through sanctification

Does God’s plan of salvation include sanctification?

• Yes

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
It's difficult to separate the three words:
FAITH
BELIEVE
TRUST

If I BELIEVE you can drive,,,I'll TRUST you to drive my car.
If you can drive...I have FAITH that you'll get me where I'm going.

We're never getting to the top of that hill !

You being a grammar teacher know the difference between a noun and a verb.

Faith is a noun.

It is substance.

Believe and trust are verbs; something we do.

JLB

How does a believer “place their faith” in Christ...?
By being awarded "Righteousness." Righteousness is only awarded by God when the Believer's Faith is placed and maintained in Christ and Him Crucified ONLY. Romans 4:5

Eating His flesh and drinking His blood is “Covenant language” used in that culture to indicate that those who entered into covenant relationship share “one common life”.

Jesus explains this at the Passover meal -

And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, blessed and broke it, and gave it to the disciples and said, “Take, eat; this is My body.”
Then He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you. For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
Matthew 26:26-28

JLB
Proverbs 8:7-8 says, that every Word that God has ever spoken is in "Truth and in Righteousness." According to the gospel that Paul preached, "Righteousness is only awarded by God if our Faith is placed and maintained exclusively in Christ Jesus and the Finished Work of the Lamb of God at Calvary Cross (Rom. 4:5). Therefore, no man or woman can see, hear, or understand if "Righteousness is not awarded and will be operating from a make believe and pretend salvation that Jesus says that they may have a name but they are dead (Rev. 3:1). Everything they have and everything in their life will become a hinderance to them because of the "Law of sin and death." Confusion - conflict and death.

Only those who obey Jesus Christ will receive salvation.
Spiritual Adultery (Rom. 7:1-4); proclaiming Jesus, but forsaking the Cross (lukewarm-The Law of sin and death).

The role of obedience in a Christian life is Faith exclusively in Christ and His Finished Work at Calvary Cross (The Law of the Spirit of Life In Christ Jesus - Romans 8:2). This gives the Holy Spirit the legal means (who only works in this parameter) to help us and transforms us into what we ought to be (Christlikeness - Romans 8:13). Faith in anything and everything else, the works of the flesh will manifest (Gal. 5:19-21). You are now committing Spiritual Adultery (Romans 7:1-6).

It is difficult for Believers to place their Faith exclusively in the Cross of Christ because it goes against the flesh (Romans 8:7; Gal. 5:17).

If you leave the Cross, you walk away from God and enter death!

Hey iLove,,,,
I know what JS means when he speaks of spiritual adultery.
He means that we turn away from the cross.

Above you state that Christian disciplines or religious activity does NOT give the believer victory over sin and that it is only by faith.
You refer to the above as LABOR.

This thread is about sanctification. It become tiring to read that there seems to be no difference between Justification and Sanctification. You say God will consider all as iniquity.

Could we understand the difference please?
What you're speaking about is Justification.
No amount of good deeds/works/labor could get a person saved.
They could do all the good deeds they want to, without faith they will be of no avail.

Justification lasts but a few seconds. A person repents of their sins and looks to God for salvation. God justifies that person...an act solely by God and in which man has no part, except for his repentance and acceptance of God in his life.

Immediately following this, Sanctification comes into the life of the believer. At this point...prayers do matter, fasting does matter, ANY religious activity does matter...and this is because of what Sanctification means.

It simply means to be set apart for service to God. Every activity you mentioned is service to God....anything of good that we do to promote the Kingdom of God on earth is service to God.

Do you agree with this?
Sanctifying peace allows the Holy Spirit to deliver the Believer into the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ, so that the life of Christ is manifested and lived through the Believer by the power of the Holy Spirit. This is a living sacrifice that is pleasing and acceptable to God (Matthew 5:8; John 14:21; Romans 8:2, 13; 2 Corinthians 4:11; Galatians 2:20-21).

Hebrews chapter 4 in telling the Believer that we must enter into God's rest which is called SANCTIFYING PEACE. Failure to do so, the Believer will die (spiritual) in the wilderness. Most do!

There are two kinds of peace with God the Father:

1. Justifying Peace - This is Peace with God, a legal standing (Rom. 5:1, 8:7; Eph. 2:14-15).
2. Sanctifying Peace - This is the Peace of God in the heart (Rom. 8:6, 14:19, 15:13; Gal. 1:3; 1 Thess. 5:23).

The first is the result of a legal standing. The second is the result of the Work of the Holy Spirit. The first is static, never fluctuates, the second changes almost from hour to hour. The first, every Christian has, the second, every Christian may have.

Sanctifying peace allows the Holy Spirit to deliver the Believer into the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ, so that the life of Christ is manifested and lived through the Believer by the power of the Holy Spirit. This is a living sacrifice that is pleasing and acceptable to God (John 14:21, Rom. 8:2, 13; 2 Cor. 4:11; Gal. 2:20-21).

The LORD shall fight for you, and you shall hold your peace (Exodus 14:14). "In Justification, the Lord fights 'for' us, and in Sanctification, He fights 'in' us."

SANCTIFYING PEACE = The LORD's REST / ONLY A FEW FINDING IT (Matthew 7:13-14)

Question for all? How do we enter into His rest?

By being awarded "Righteousness." Righteousness is only awarded by God when the Believer's Faith is placed and maintained in Christ and Him Crucified ONLY. Romans 4:5

The question I asked you, is “how” does a Christian “place their faith in Christ”.

Faith is received from God.

Faith is a noun.

Faith is a substance.

What your saying is we must take the faith we received from God when we hear the Gospel, and place it back in Christ?

Makes no sense.

I think what you mean, or I should say, what Jimmy Swaggert means, is we should place our trust in Christ.

JLB

Proverbs 8:7-8 says, that every Word that God has ever spoken is in "Truth and in Righteousness." According to the gospel that Paul preached, "Righteousness is only awarded by God if our Faith is placed and maintained exclusively in Christ Jesus and the Finished Work of the Lamb of God at Calvary Cross (Rom. 4:5). Therefore, no man or woman can see, hear, or understand if "Righteousness is not awarded and will be operating from a make believe and pretend salvation that Jesus says that they may have a name but they are dead (Rev. 3:1). Everything they have and everything in their life will become a hinderance to them because of the "Law of sin and death." Confusion - conflict and death.

What does this have to do with Jesus saying that the wine and bread are His body and blood?

Eating His flesh and drinking His blood is “Covenant language” used in that culture to indicate that those who entered into covenant relationship share “one common life”.

Jesus explains this at the Passover meal -

And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, blessed and broke it, and gave it to the disciples and said, “Take, eat; this is My body.”
Then He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you. For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
Matthew 26:26-28

JLB

Anything and everything is law if the Believers Faith is not placed and maintained exclusively in Christ and Him Crucified. Rom. 8:2

As I asked before, how does a believer “place their faith” that they received from God, into Christ?

Please show me the scripture that says - “Anything and everything is law if the Believers Faith is not placed and maintained exclusively in Christ and Him Crucified.”

Here is what Romans 8:2 says -

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. Romans 8:2

This certainly doesn’t come close to saying what you claim.

JLB

Faith in anything and everything else, the works of the flesh will manifest (Gal. 5:19-21).

The works of the flesh is not having faith in something else, other than Christ, the works of the flesh is called out specifically in Galatians 5:19-21 and is sin.

Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. Galatians 5:19-21

Do you bother to read the scripture you make reference to?

• Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like;

No mention of faith in something else.

The works of the flesh are sin.

Adultery is sin
Fornication is sin
Heresy is sin
Murder is sin
Hatred is sin

JLB

You being a grammar teacher know the difference between a noun and a verb.

Faith is a noun.

It is substance.

Believe and trust are verbs; something we do.

JLB
Hey J,
I wasn't disagreeing with the meanings....
I just think we Christians all have our own language (for which I'm sorry) and that's just the way it's going to be.

I DO wish, as do you, that there could be a Christian dictionary that we would all be required to study - but, alas, there is not.

Believe is a verb...
Belief is a noun...

It could get confusing. I just accept whatever word the member is using since it's obvious what they mean.

That's all I was saying.

Reactions: JLB
The question I asked you, is “how” does a Christian “place their faith in Christ”.

Faith is received from God.

Faith is a noun.

Faith is a substance.

What your saying is we must take the faith we received from God when we hear the Gospel, and place it back in Christ?

Makes no sense.

I think what you mean, or I should say, what Jimmy Swaggert means, is we should place our trust in Christ.

JLB
Yes,,,this is what JS means. I used to follow that ministry years ago and the way he spoke could be confusing at times.

If iLOVE does not agree with me, I hope he explains this better.
Maybe using HIS OWN WORDS?? That would be nice.

As I asked before, how does a believer “place their faith” that they received from God, into Christ?

Please show me the scripture that says - “Anything and everything is law if the Believers Faith is not placed and maintained exclusively in Christ and Him Crucified.”

Here is what Romans 8:2 says -

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. Romans 8:2

This certainly doesn’t come close to saying what you claim.

JLB
All commandments and laws are for filled by the Believer being in Christ Jesus. Any Believer that tries to keep any commandments or laws in their own strength, will power, or their own ability is a “transgressor” (Gal.2:18).

This is why Jesus said in Matthew 5:20, “For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the Scribes and Pharisees (which was self-righteousness), you shall in no case enter into the Kingdom of Heaven (the absolute necessity of the New Birth is declared here as imperative in every case).”

Any person whose Faith is not placed and maintained exclusively in Christ and the Cross of Calvary where the victory was won, is “under the law.” Because this person is not in Christ they must keep the law perfect that is impossible for man or woman to do. This is why Jesus said in Matthew 5:19, “Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least Commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the Kingdom of Heaven (those who are disloyal to the authority of the Word of God shall be judged; “He shall be called the least,” means that he will not be in the Kingdom at all): but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the Kingdom of Heaven (the Lord sets the Bible as the Standard of all Righteousness, and He recognizes no other).”

The Apostle Paul said in Romans 3:31, “Do we then make void the Law (Law of Moses) through faith? God forbid: yes, we establish the Law (the Law ever pointed to Faith in Christ).”

You are reading Romans 8:2 and other scriptures from the letter. Unless you place and maintain your Faith exclusively in Christ and the Finished Work at Calvary Cross where the victory was won, the Father Commands the Holy Spirit to bar all entrance [Eph. 2:18]). You will not understand the spirit of what is written.

How does a Believer maintain faith exclusively in Christ and the Cross? By just believing in Jesus (who He is) and what He accomplished at Calvary Cross. Romans 4:5 - Galatians 2:19-21 NKJV - 1 Corinthians 1:18-25 NKJV - Colossians 2:11-15 NKJV

All commandments and laws are for filled by the Believer being in Christ Jesus.

This is certainly not what the scriptures teach.

The way we are instructed to remain “in Christ” is by keeping His commandments.

Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us. 1 John 3:24

Here is what the scriptures say about keeping His commandments -

He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
1 John 2:4

again

For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome. 1 John 5:3

His Commandments are about love; loving God and loving people.

His Commandments are not burdensome.

JLB

Any person whose Faith is not placed and maintained exclusively in Christ and the Cross of Calvary

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, Ephesians 2:8

Please explain how you place your faith, the faith you received as a gift from God, in Christ.

Please explain how you maintain your faith, the gift you received from God.

JLB

All commandments and laws are for filled by the Believer being in Christ Jesus.

Please show me the scripture that says “all commandments and laws are fulfilled by the believer by being in Christ”.

Here is how a believer who is “in Christ”, remains “in Christ.”

Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us. 1 John 3:24

JLB

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, Ephesians 2:8

Please explain how you place your faith, the faith you received as a gift from God, in Christ.

Please explain how you maintain your faith, the gift you received from God.

JLB
“8 For by Grace (the Goodness of God) are you Saved through Faith (Faith in Christ, with the Cross ever as its Object); and that not of yourselves (none of this is of us, but all is of Him): it is the Gift of God (anytime the word “Gift” is used, God is speaking of His Son and His Substitutionary Work on the Cross, which makes all of this possible):

9 Not of works (man cannot merit Salvation, irrespective what he does), lest any man should boast (boast in his own ability and strength; we are allowed to boast only in the Cross [Gal. 6:14]).

10 For we are His workmanship (if we are God’s workmanship, our Salvation cannot be of ourselves), created in Christ Jesus unto good works (speaks of the results of Salvation, and never the cause), which God has before ordained that we should walk in them. (The “good works” the Apostle speaks of has to do with Faith in Christ and the Cross, which enables the Believer to live a Holy life.)

JSM

He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

again

For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome. 1 John 5:3

JLB

again

JLB
1 John 3:24
“24 And he who keeps His Commandments dwells in Him, and He in him. (Faith in Jesus Christ and what He did for us at the Cross proclaims the fact that we are dwelling in Him, and He is dwelling in us [Jn. 14:20; Rom. 6:3-5].) And hereby we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit which He has given us. (The knowledge that God is abiding in the Saint comes from the Holy Spirit. He bears witness in connection with our human spirit, as energized by Him, that we are children born of God [Rom. 8:16].)

“4 He who says, I know Him, and keeps not His Commandments (if our claims do not correspond with His demands, then we really don’t know Him), is a liar, and the Truth is not in him. (If one’s life is not changed by what is professed then one really doesn’t have what is professed.)

1 John 5:3-5
“3 For this is the Love of God, that we keep His Commandments: and His Commandments are not grievous. (This is easy to do, providing we look exclusively to the Cross. Otherwise it is impossible [Mat. 11:28-30].)

4 For whatsoever is born of God overcomes the world (if we follow God’s Prescribed Order, we will overcome the world): and this is the victory that overcomes the world, even our Faith. (John is speaking here of Faith in Christ and the Cross, which then gives the Holy Spirit latitude to work within our lives [Rom. 8:1-2, 11].)

5 Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God? (It is not he who “does,” but who “believes.”)

JSM

Sanctifying peace allows the Holy Spirit to deliver the Believer into the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ, so that the life of Christ is manifested and lived through the Believer by the power of the Holy Spirit. This is a living sacrifice that is pleasing and acceptable to God (Matthew 5:8; John 14:21; Romans 8:2, 13; 2 Corinthians 4:11; Galatians 2:20-21).

Hebrews chapter 4 in telling the Believer that we must enter into God's rest which is called SANCTIFYING PEACE. Failure to do so, the Believer will die (spiritual) in the wilderness. Most do!

There are two kinds of peace with God the Father:

1. Justifying Peace - This is Peace with God, a legal standing (Rom. 5:1, 8:7; Eph. 2:14-15).
2. Sanctifying Peace - This is the Peace of God in the heart (Rom. 8:6, 14:19, 15:13; Gal. 1:3; 1 Thess. 5:23).

The first is the result of a legal standing. The second is the result of the Work of the Holy Spirit. The first is static, never fluctuates, the second changes almost from hour to hour. The first, every Christian has, the second, every Christian may have.

Sanctifying peace allows the Holy Spirit to deliver the Believer into the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ, so that the life of Christ is manifested and lived through the Believer by the power of the Holy Spirit. This is a living sacrifice that is pleasing and acceptable to God (John 14:21, Rom. 8:2, 13; 2 Cor. 4:11; Gal. 2:20-21).

The LORD shall fight for you, and you shall hold your peace (Exodus 14:14). "In Justification, the Lord fights 'for' us, and in Sanctification, He fights 'in' us."

SANCTIFYING PEACE = The LORD's REST / ONLY A FEW FINDING IT (Matthew 7:13-14)

Question for all? How do we enter into His rest?
Could you, in your own words, please explain what sanctification is?

Are there verse in the bible that speak about sanctifying peace?

The Believer who attempts to do this in their own ability is eating from the "tree of the knowledge of good and evil"who is a transgressor of the "law" (Gal. 2:18); they have fallen from grace! Therefore, the works of the flesh will manifest (the sin nature). This is called Spiritual Adultery! (Romans 7:1-4)
If "Righteousness" came come by what I do, Christ in dead in vain. Gal. 2:20-21

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back