Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Salvation through sanctification

Does God’s plan of salvation include sanctification?

• Yes

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
The Believer must understand if they by pass the Cross, i.e., the Scrafice, i.e., the Blood of Jesus, then judgement must fall of them. Judgement will always fall on the Sacrifice or the one who calls himself a Believer.

Concern this:

The Believer must understand that when God doesn't see the Believers heart exhibiting Faith in His beloved Son "The Lamb of God" in whom He is pleased, you have chosen another Jesus (2 Cor. 11:4) which produces strange fire and strange incenses.

When Aaron's sons Nadab & Abihu, Priests of God, ordained of God, called by God, and anointed by God - failed to take coals of fire from the Brazen Altar (A Type of Calvary), but from another source, and put those coals of fire on the Golden Altar, which sat immediately in front of the Veil, which hid the Holy of Holies, where God dwelt between the Mercy seat and the Cherubim. They were devoured by fire from the Holy of Holies. In other words, to do such was, in effect, to bypass Calvary, which God could not tolerate.

Man can come before God only on one premise, and that is by and through the shed Blood of the Lord Jesus Christ. That and that alone, which the Brazen Altar and its Sacrifices typified, gains entrance to God in any Form. When Jesus said, “No man cometh to the Father but by Me,” He was speaking of what He would do at the Cross of Calvary, which would make all of this possible (John 14:6).

If you bypass the Cross (The Lamb of God-The Blood of Jesus) you enter death!

JSM

“Other than the Cross of Christ, there is no Atonement for sin, no forgiveness of sin, no eradication of guilt, no Eternal Life, no new birth, no Baptism with the Holy Spirit, no Mercy, and no Grace, etc. In other words, every single thing we receive from God comes to us by and through Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross. Perhaps the following little formula will help us to understand it better:

• Jesus Christ is the Source of all things that we receive from God (Jn. 14:6; Col. 2:10).
• The Cross of Christ is the Means and, in fact, the only Means by which these things are given to us (Rom. 6:3-5; I Cor. 2:2).
• The Cross of Christ and the Cross of Christ alone must be the Object of our Faith in order for us to receive what has been given (I Cor. 1:17, 23; Gal. 6:14).
• The Holy Spirit, Who works exclusively within the parameters of the Finished Work of Christ, oversees all of this (Rom. 8:1-2, 11; Eph. 2:13-18).

Let us establish the fact that it is the Cross of Christ alone which addresses sin. And please understand, when we are speaking of the Cross of Christ, we aren’t actually speaking of the wooden beam on which He died. We are rather speaking of the great victories He purchased there with His Own Blood, in other words, the benefits accrued to us. Benefits, I might quickly add, which will never cease, hence, Paul referring to the Cross as “The Everlasting Covenant” (Heb. 13:20).”

JSM

“20 I am Crucified with Christ (as the Foundation of all Victory; Paul, here, takes us back to Rom. 6:3-5): nevertheless I live (have new life); yet not I (not by my own strength and ability), but Christ lives in me (by virtue of me dying with Him on the Cross, and being raised with Him in Newness of Life): and the life which I now live in the flesh (my daily walk before God) I live by the Faith of the Son of God (the Cross is ever the Object of my Faith), Who loved me, and gave Himself for me (which is the only way that I could be Saved).

21 I do not frustrate the Grace of God (if we make anything other than the Cross of Christ the Object of our Faith, we frustrate the Grace of God, which means we stop its action, and the Holy Spirit will no longer help us): for if Righteousness come by the Law (any type of Law), then Christ is dead in vain. (If I can successfully live for the Lord by any means other than Faith in Christ and the Cross, then the Death of Christ was a waste.)

JSM

It is only by Faith in the Lamb of God that God awards Righteousness (Romans 4:5) to understand the Word of God in its Truth and Righteous context (Proverbs 8:7-8) or it will be the letter of the law and not the truth of the spirit of the law.

Jesus warns us that there will be massive religious deception in His Name. Many Churches are bringing the world into the Church. When King David had his men set the "Ark of God" upon a new cart, God was displeased. David used the same method the Philistines used of transporting the "Ark of God (David borrowed an idea from the Philistines)." The Philistines represent the world. God smote Uzzah. 2 Sam. 6
No man or woman can come to God in their own strength!

What is meant by the deeds of the flesh? It means everything that is wrong; the good and the bad, i.e., sin. Paul said, "Which was good deceived me." (Romans 7:11)

No longer halt between two opinions. God demands that everything must be done by the Spirit and not of the flesh. Anything and everything that is borrowed from the world is a new cart.

Remember, If it doesn't Glorify God, it must be casted out. CAST OUT THE BONDWOMAN AND HER SON,...Galatians 4:30

Return to the "Old Paths." Jeremiah 6:16 NKJV

He is the one who is posting the scripture with added words.

He is the one who will be held accountable for this disobedience.

I would advise him to repent, and just post scripture without added commentary.

The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life,
to depart from the snares of death.
Proverbs 14:27

Jesus certainly doesn’t keep His commandments for us because we are in Him.

He empowers us by His Spirit to put to death the sinful deeds of our flesh.

For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. Romans 8:13

• if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

JLB
Well J,,,I couldn't agree with you more.

I very much am against this idea that is current in our society that believes that Jesus does everything for a person and so we are not held accountable.

This idea did not exist did recently.
It might make a good thread.....

How do we enter and stay in sanctification?
We are set apart for God's work (Sanctification) immediately after Justification (salvation).

This is stated in post 60, which I asked you to read...maybe you didn't or you would not have asked the above.

We STAY in sanctification...OR, we can say we remain sanctified by doing God's will.

When God asks us to do something and we do it,,,He will ask us for more; if we do not do as He asks, we are held back and do not progress.

However, we will still be sanctified - that is, set apart for the work of God.

2 Thessalonians 2:13, as in the O.P. covers the above:
13But we should always give thanks to God for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God has chosen you from the beginning for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and faith in the truth.

How do we keep Christ commandments?
I've heard Gabriel Swaggart explain the above more than once when I used to watch JSM.

I think the teaching of that ministry is good and I've watched it many times.

Gabriel does concentrate (with the youth) on the fact that we cannot keep God's commandments on our own. He says we cannot follow God through our own strength and that even HE had a problem coming to understand the following:

We CANNOT do anything on our own. We need the help of the Holy Spirit in order for us to follow God and do as He wishes. We have to come to the understanding that WITH GOD'S HELP, it is up to us to keep His commandments.

You may be a very good person and do not mean any harm from your posts...but there are many out there that will use this as an excuse to NOT follow God; the fact that Jesus has done it all, they "look to the cross" and they feel this is all that's needed.

I don't believe you're saying this,,,,
Unless you've misunderstood this ministry that is very keen on not sinning and teaches discipleship.

We STAY in sanctification...OR, we can say we remain sanctified by doing God's will.
The criterion is faithfulness and not other things (Matthew 25:23). The Foundation of our belief system must be Christ and Him Crucified (Gal 6:14). Scriptural religious activity and Christian disciplines is not the Will of Our Father.

Concerning this, Jesus said:
"21 Not every one who says unto Me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the Kingdom of Heaven (the repetition of the word “Lord” expresses astonishment, as if to say: “Are we to be disowned?”); but he who does the Will of My Father which is in Heaven (what is the Will of the Father? Verse 23 tells us).

22 Many will say to Me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not Prophesied in Your Name? and in Your Name have cast out devils? and in Your Name done many wonderful works? (These things are not the criteria, but rather Faith in Christ and what Christ has done for us at the Cross [Eph. 2:8-9, 13-18]. The Word of God alone is to be the judge of doctrine.)

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you (again we say, the criteria alone is Christ and Him Crucified [I Cor. 1:23]): depart from Me, you who work iniquity (we have access to God only through Christ, and access to Christ only through the Cross, and access to the Cross only through a denial of self [Lk. 9:23]; any other Message is Judged by God as "iniquity," and cannot be a part of Christ (1 Cor. 1:17)." Matthew 7:21-23

The Believer is required to obey the Word of the Lord. He cannot do that within his own strength, but only by understanding that he receives all things through what Christ did at the Cross and his continued Faith in that Finished Work, even on a daily basis. Then the Holy Spirit, Who Alone can make us what we ought to be, can accomplish His work within our lives.

JSM

Last edited:
I've heard Gabriel Swaggart explain the above more than once when I used to watch JSM.

I think the teaching of that ministry is good and I've watched it many times.

Gabriel does concentrate (with the youth) on the fact that we cannot keep God's commandments on our own. He says we cannot follow God through our own strength and that even HE had a problem coming to understand the following:

We CANNOT do anything on our own. We need the help of the Holy Spirit in order for us to follow God and do as He wishes. We have to come to the understanding that WITH GOD'S HELP, it is up to us to keep His commandments.

You may be a very good person and do not mean any harm from your posts...but there are many out there that will use this as an excuse to NOT follow God; the fact that Jesus has done it all, they "look to the cross" and they feel this is all that's needed.

I don't believe you're saying this,,,,
Unless you've misunderstood this ministry that is very keen on not sinning and teaches discipleship.
God has chosen to operate His work from the basis of faith. "The Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus" (Romans 8:2) is God's prescribed order of victory for the Believer over sin, the world, the flesh, and the Devil. This means that the Believer must place and maintain proper Faith the size of a mustard seed exclusively in Christ and the Cross of Calvary, i.e., The Finished Work, i.e., The Blood of Jesus, where the victory was won so that His life would be lived through you. This gives the Holy Spirit the legal means to help and do what is needed to be done in the Believers life because the Believer is glorifying Christ, God's beloved Son in whom He is pleased. You are now operating in the spirit. No Believer can fix the flesh with the flesh. All fruits that are added to the leaves of the Believer most be done by the Holy Spirit or you enter the works of the flesh (Gal. 5:19-21).

The Holy Spirit doesn't require much of us, but He does require one thing, and without reservation. Our Faith must be exclusively be in Christ and the Cross; understanding that this is God's Prescribed Order of Victory (Rom. 8:2).

The Holy Spirit works strictly within the parameters of the "Finished Work" i.e., "The Cross of Christ" i.e., "The Blood of Jesus;" which demands that our Faith be placed and maintained exclusively in the Cross of Christ. The reason is simple, that's were the price was paid, and the victory was forever won (Romans 6:1-14; 1 Cor. 2:2; Gal. 5; Gal. 6:14; Eph. 2:13-18; Col. 2:14-15).

Victory over sin: Romans 8:2
Victory over the world: Galatians 6:14; 1 John 5:4
Victory over the flesh: Galatians 5:24
Victory over the Devil:Hebrews 2:14; Colossians 2:15

The Apostle Paul makes it very clear in Romans 8:10 that the physical body, mind / intellect, and the heart (which is evil - Jeremiah 17:9) has been rendered helpless because of the original sin; consequently, the Believer trying to overcome by willpower presents a fruitless task. Only the Holy Spirit can mortify the deeds of the flesh and make us what we ought to be (Romans 8:13). This means we cannot do it ourselves. Once again, He performs all that He does within the confines of the Finished Work of Christ (Romans 8:2).

If a Christian will and their efforts to live for God is in anything except Christ and the Cross, i.e., Finished Work, The Blood of Jesus (Romans 8:2), Satan can override your will and force you to do things you don't want to do and trying not to do (Ephesians 6:12). Jesus said deny yourself and pick up your cross and follow me (Luke 9:23).

Remember our bodies are dead and useless to God. The heart is prone to wander away from God's love and eat from "The Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil." The reason why the body is dead is because of the effects of the fall has made us totally incapable of yielding spiritual obedience on a regular basis (Jeremiah 13:23). So there must be a source outside of myself that helps me to enter into sanctification which is the Holy Spirit (Romans 8:13).

Note: The Believer must repent not just for the bad they are doing, but also for the good they are doing. Why? Because the Believer can depend on the good to get them through (Jer. 6:13-15). Good things will always follow right living. However, that is not God's way. His way is Faith exclusively in Christ and His Finished Work (Rev. 3:17-22).

How does a Believer maintain Faith exclusively in Christ and the Cross? By just believing in Jesus (who He is - John 1:1-14, 29) and what He accomplished at Calvary Cross where the victory was one. Romans 4:5 - Galatians 2:19-21 NKJV - 1 Corinthians 1:18-25 NKJV - Colossians 2:11-15 NKJV

I very much am against this idea that is current in our society that believes that Jesus does everything for a person and so we are not held accountable.

He doesn’t to the obeying of the Gospel for us, otherwise everyone would be saved.

He doesn’t obey the commandments for us either.

He does give us His Spirit to help us, to teach us, to lead into all truth if we are willing to invest our time towards the Spirit to learn.

He also gives His angels to minister for us.

He is for us.

He loves us.

The question is, do we love Him?

I agree, no one wants to be accountable. No one wants to submit themselves to His authority as Lord.

It’s sad people reject the plain words of scripture in favor of what their ears want to hear.

The Gospel of Entitlement.

JLB

What you have stated is truth and error mixed! The moment we add any rule or regulation to the Finished Work of Christ, we have just abrogated the Grace of God. The Law, with all of its observances, was only meant to point to the One Who was to come, Namely Christ. Christ has already kept all of the Commandments; our Faith in Him and the Cross gives us Victory, and is guaranteed by the Holy Spirit [Rom. 8:1-2, 11].

Colossians 2
“14 Blotting out the handwriting of Ordinances that was against us (pertains to the Law of Moses, which was God’s Standard of Righteousness that man could not reach), which was contrary to us (Law is against us, simply because we are unable to keep its precepts, no matter how hard we try), and took it out of the way (refers to the penalty of the Law being removed), nailing it to His Cross (the Law with its decrees was abolished in Christ’s Death, as if Crucified with Him);

15 And having spoiled principalities and powers (Satan and all of his henchmen were defeated at the Cross by Christ Atoning for all sin; sin was the legal right Satan had to hold man in captivity; with all sin atoned, he has no more legal right to hold anyone in bondage), He (Christ) made a show of them openly (what Jesus did at the Cross was in the face of the whole universe), triumphing over them in it. (The triumph is complete and it was all done for us, meaning we can walk in power and perpetual Victory due to the Cross.)

Romans 8
“3 For what the Law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh (those under Law had only their willpower, which is woefully insufficient; so despite how hard they tried, they were unable to keep the Law then, and the same inability persists presently; any person who tries to live for God by a system of laws is doomed to failure, because the Holy Spirit will not function in that capacity), God sending His Own Son (refers to man’s helpless condition, unable to save himself and unable to keep even a simple Law and, therefore, in dire need of a Saviour) in the likeness of sinful flesh (this means that Christ was really human, conformed in appearance to flesh which is characterized by sin, but yet sinless), and for sin (to atone for sin, to destroy its power, and to save and Sanctify its victims), condemned sin in the flesh (destroyed the power of sin by giving His Perfect Body as a Sacrifice for sin, which made it possible for sin to be defeated in our flesh; it was all through the Cross):”

“4 That the Righteousness of the Law might be fulfilled in us (the Law finding its full accomplishment in us can only be done by Faith in Christ, and what Christ has done for us at the Cross), who walk not after the flesh (not after our own strength and ability), but after the Spirit (the word “walk” refers to the manner in which we order our life; when we place our Faith in Christ and the Cross, understanding that all things come from God to us by means of the Cross, ever making it the Object of our Faith, the Holy Spirit can then work mightily within us, bringing about the Fruit of the Spirit; that is what “walking after the Spirit” actually means!).

5 For they who are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh (refers to Believers trying to live for the Lord by means other than Faith in the Cross of Christ); but they who are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit (those who place their Faith in Christ and the Cross, do so exclusively; they are doing what the Spirit desires, which alone can bring Victory).”

John 14
“21 He who has My Commandments, and keeps them, he it is who loves Me (as stated, we can keep His Commandments only by allowing the Holy Spirit to work within our lives, which He does based on our Faith expressed in Christ and the Cross): and he who loves Me shall be loved of My Father (provides the criteria of approval by the Father), and I will love him, and will manifest Myself to him (means to fully disclose His Person, Nature, and Goodness to the Believer).”

JSM

Last edited:
The criterion is faithfulness and not other things (Matthew 25:23). The Foundation of our belief system must be Christ and Him Crucified (Gal 6:14). Scriptural religious activity and Christian disciplines is not the Will of Our Father.
Hi iL,
I wonder what you mean by "scriptural religious activities and Christian disciplines" not being the will of our Father.
What activity, for instance?

Concerning this, Jesus said:
"21 Not every one who says unto Me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the Kingdom of Heaven (the repetition of the word “Lord” expresses astonishment, as if to say: “Are we to be disowned?”); but he who does the Will of My Father which is in Heaven (what is the Will of the Father? Verse 23 tells us).

22 Many will say to Me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not Prophesied in Your Name? and in Your Name have cast out devils? and in Your Name done many wonderful works? (These things are not the criteria, but rather Faith in Christ and what Christ has done for us at the Cross [Eph. 2:8-9, 13-18]. The Word of God alone is to be the judge of doctrine.)

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you (again we say, the criteria alone is Christ and Him Crucified [I Cor. 1:23]): depart from Me, you who work iniquity (we have access to God only through Christ, and access to Christ only through the Cross, and access to the Cross only through a denial of self [Lk. 9:23]; any other Message is Judged by God as "iniquity," and cannot be a part of Christ (1 Cor. 1:17)." Matthew 7:21-23
I feel like I'm debating Jimmy Swaggart...but OK:
Iniquity is not another message.
Iniquity is something that is greater than sin...

As found in the Bible, “iniquity” is defined as being wicked or immoral in nature or character. Primarily, it indicates "not an action, but the character of an action", and is so distinguished from "sin".

source: https://www.christianity.com/wiki/sin/what-is-iniquity-meaning-and-importance-in-the-bible.html

The Believer is required to obey the Word of the Lord. He cannot do that within his own strength, but only by understanding that he receives all things through what Christ did at the Cross and his continued Faith in that Finished Work, even on a daily basis. Then the Holy Spirit, Who Alone can make us what we ought to be, can accomplish His work within our lives.

JSM
Amen to that.
Agreed.
:thumbsup

The moment we add any rule or regulation to the Finished Work of Christ, we have just abrogated the Grace of God.

The moment we add to God’s word, we make it of no effect, with our tradition (teaching).

He said to them, “All too well you reject the commandment of God, that you may keep your tradition. Mark 7:9

“You have heard that it was said to those of old, You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment.’ But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, Raca!’ shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, ‘You fool!’ shall be in danger of hell fire. Matthew 5:21-22

• But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment.
  • And whoever says to his brother, Raca!’ shall be in danger of the council.
  • But whoever says, ‘You fool!’ shall be in danger of hell fire.

Do you believe this to be true?

“You have heard that it was said to those of old, You shall not commit adultery.’ But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. Matthew 5:17-28

• But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Do you believe this?

He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.” Revelation 21:7-8

• all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

Do you believe Christians who are liars will have their part in the lake of fire?

JLB

15 And having spoiled principalities and powers (Satan and all of his henchmen were defeated at the Cross by Christ Atoning for all sin; sin was the legal right Satan had to hold man in captivity; with all sin atoned, he has no more legal right to hold anyone in bondage), He (Christ) made a show of them openly (what Jesus did at the Cross was in the face of the whole universe), triumphing over them in it. (The triumph is complete and it was all done for us, meaning we can walk in power and perpetual Victory due to the Cross.)

Sin doesn’t hold you to in bondage if you don’t obey it.

Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness?
Romans 6:15-16

You pervert God’s word by adding your own words to it.

JLB

Last edited:
We have to come to the understanding that WITH GOD'S HELP, it is up to us to keep His commandments.

Big Amen !

It is by His grace, the Spirit of grace, we can obey the Lord.

In our own strength we will fail.

JLB

God has chosen to operate His work from the basis of faith.

The principle of faith is clearly seen in the scriptures, in the examples we have been given.

When a person does something “by faith”, it means God spoke to them and they obeyed Him.

This is why it’s called the obedience of faith.

But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith: Romans 16:26

• the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Here are some examples of faith; the obedience of faith

By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out to the place which he would receive as an inheritance. And he went out, not knowing where he was going. Hebrews 11:8

• By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out...

This event is where Abraham was justified by faith, in which he obeyed the Gospel.

We will use Abraham and this event that is referred to in several places of scripture to illustrate the principle of faith; the obedience of faith.

And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand, saying, “In you all the nations shall be blessed.” Galatians 3:8

• foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand

Same event illustrating how we are justified by faith in obeying the Gospel.

Without obedience faith is dead, and can not justify or save.

This is the principle of faith; obedience.

Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar?
James 2:21

Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son

Again we see this principle whereby Abraham was justified by his obedience, the obedience of faith, when he faithfully obeyed the Lord to offer his son on the altar.

We can not separate faith from obedience, for it is by our obedience to what God tells us to do, that faith is made complete to justify and save us.

JLB

God has chosen to operate His work from the basis of faith. "The Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus" (Romans 8:2) is God's prescribed order of victory for the Believer over sin, the world, the flesh, and the Devil. This means that the Believer must place and maintain proper Faith the size of a mustard seed exclusively in Christ and the Cross of Calvary, i.e., The Finished Work, i.e., The Blood of Jesus, where the victory was won so that His life would be lived through you. This gives the Holy Spirit the legal means to help and do what is needed to be done in the Believers life because the Believer is glorifying Christ, God's beloved Son in whom He is pleased. You are now operating in the spirit. No Believer can fix the flesh with the flesh. All fruits that are added to the leaves of the Believer most be done by the Holy Spirit or you enter the works of the flesh (Gal. 5:19-21).
I agree with your entire first paragraph,,,but, again, I don't know what you mean by:
This means that the Believer must place and maintain proper Faith the size of a mustard seed exclusively in Christ and the Cross of Calvary,

What else are we to place our faith in if not what you state above?
I believe this would go back to my question of what you mean by
believing in religious activities and/or rituals.

The Holy Spirit doesn't require much of us, but He does require one thing, and without reservation. Our Faith must be exclusively be in Christ and the Cross; understanding that this is God's Prescribed Order of Victory (Rom. 8:2).
Again,,,what else could our faith be based on??
And I know you believe that the Holy Spirit also requires our obedience, but you never say this.

The Holy Spirit works strictly within the parameters of the "Finished Work" i.e., "The Cross of Christ" i.e., "The Blood of Jesus;" which demands that our Faith be placed and maintained exclusively in the Cross of Christ. The reason is simple, that's were the price was paid, and the victory was forever won (Romans 6:1-14; 1 Cor. 2:2; Gal. 5; Gal. 6:14; Eph. 2:13-18; Col. 2:14-15).[/QUOTE]
I thought you said that the Holy Spirit works with our faith??
(or through our faith).

Victory over sin: Romans 8:2
Victory over the world: Galatians 6:14; 1 John 5:4
Victory over the flesh: Galatians 5:24
Victory over the Devil:Hebrews 2:14; Colossians 2:15

The Apostle Paul makes it very clear in Romans 8:10 that the physical body, mind / intellect, and the heart (which is evil - Jeremiah 17:9) has been rendered helpless because of the original sin; consequently, the Believer trying to overcome by willpower presents a fruitless task. Only the Holy Spirit can mortify the deeds of the flesh and make us what we ought to be (Romans 8:13). This means we cannot do it ourselves. Once again, He performs all that He does within the confines of the Finished Work of Christ (Romans 8:2).

If a Christian will and their efforts to live for God is in anything except Christ and the Cross, i.e., Finished Work, The Blood of Jesus (Romans 8:2), Satan can override your will and force you to do things you don't want to do and trying not to do (Ephesians 6:12). Jesus said deny yourself and pick up your cross and follow me (Luke 9:23).
Agreed.
Doesn't every Chrisitian person agree with the above?

Remember our bodies are dead and useless to God. The heart is prone to wander away from God's love and eat from "The Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil." The reason why the body is dead is because of the effects of the fall has made us totally incapable of yielding spiritual obedience on a regular basis (Jeremiah 13:23). So there must be a source outside of myself that helps me to enter into sanctification which is the Holy Spirit (Romans 8:13).
This was debated in the church a few hundred years after Jesus' death, and what you explain above about not being able to follow God on our own is what was accepted as doctrine.

Note: The Believer must repent not just for the bad they are doing, but also for the good they are doing. Why? Because the Believer can depend on the good to get them through (Jer. 6:13-15). Good things will always follow right living. However, that is not God's way. His way is Faith exclusively in Christ and His Finished Work (Rev. 3:17-22).

How does a Believer maintain Faith exclusively in Christ and the Cross? By just believing in Jesus (who He is - John 1:1-14, 29) and what He accomplished at Calvary Cross where the victory was one. Romans 4:5 - Galatians 2:19-21 NKJV - 1 Corinthians 1:18-25 NKJV - Colossians 2:11-15 NKJV
I agree with all in these two paragraphs except that you say that good is not God's way. I'd have to say that, yes, faith is the instrument through which God works....but good IS God's way.
UNLESS, you mean that our works alone (without faith) cannot save us -- then I'd agree. Jesus WILL judge our works, John 5:28-29.

I think this is what iLOVE is saying but in a different way.

Honestly, I don’t think he really knows what he is saying.

He is just repeating things he was taught, that is mainly someone else’s opinion mixed with scripture.

It’s frightening to think people would actually their own words,
(those in bold red letters) to the scriptures to “explain” their
theology, then tell you the scriptures you post is false doctrine.

That would be the text book definition of a stronghold.

Then I asked him to explain how we “place our faith” the gift we have received from God, exclusively in the cross and the finished work of Christ.

I gave him many opportunities to explain, even saying, I think you mean we are to trust in Christ, but no explanation was given.

Then he tells us that Jesus has fulfilled all the commandments for us, so if we try to obey the commandments of Jesus Christ, then we are practicing the works of the flesh.

He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
1 John 2:4

Don’t be deceived Wondering, it’s Heresy.

JLB

Back