Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Salvation through sanctification

Does God’s plan of salvation include sanctification?

• Yes

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I now walk according to the Spirit, because His Spirit within me, empowers me to practice righteousness rather than practicing the works of the flesh.
We can only walk in the Spirit by placing and maintaining our Faith in Christ and the Finished Work at Calvary Cross (Rom. 8:2). This allows the Holy Spirit to deliver the Believer unto the death, burial, and Resurrection of Christ (Resurrection Life). 2 Cor. 4:11-12

Last edited:
Why do YOU think YOU can keep the over six hundred plus laws through YOUR obedience?

The law of Moses has been abolished.

For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace, Ephesians 2:14-15

• having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances,

Moses was the mediator of the covenant of Sinai.

Jesus is the mediator of the New Covenant.

We are to obey Jesus Christ our Lord.

When we come to the cross and repent, we have confessed Jesus Christ as Lord.

He is now our Master, our Lord, our King, our God, the One we obey.

But why do you call Me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do the things which I say? Luke 6:46

We are to obey His commandments and His doctrine as our Lord.

His Commandments are all about love; loving God and loving our neighbor.

For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome. 1 John 5:3

Did you read that?

His Commandments are not burdensome.

And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him, Hebrews 5:9

• the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him

If you read and study the Bible you will begin to discover there is a whole treasure chest of understanding that you will never hear by only listening to Jimmy Swaggert.

He loves us, and has paid the price for us on the cross, to be cleansed of our sin, in which His Spirit dwells in us to be with us and teach us all things; to empower us and bless us to live a life of victory and peace, loving our God and loving people.

Why would anyone who has been delivered from the bondage and misery of sin and Satan, want to return to that life?

Obeying HIS DOCTRINE and HIS COMMANDMENTS is part of our new life living as citizens of HIS KINGDOM.

Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. 2 John 9

He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
1 John 2:4

Obeying His Commandments is how we walk in love.

If you love Me, keep My commandments. John 14:15

Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law. For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not bear false witness,” “You shall not covet,” and if there is any other commandment, are all summed up in this saying, namely, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law. Romans 13:8-10

If you murder your neighbor you are not loving him, but hating him.

Love does no harm.

JLB

We can only walk in the Spirit by placing and maintaining our Faith in Christ and the Finished Work at Calvary Cross (Rom. 8:2). This allows the Holy Spirit to deliver the Believer unto the death, burial, and Resurrection of Christ (Resurrection Life). 2 Cor. 4:11-12

How do you “place your faith”, the gift that you received from God, in Christ.

The way you trust God is to obey what He says.

JLB

Last edited:
The Believer commits acts of sin. We do not practice sin. Yes, we confess our sins to stay in fellowship with our Father. Also, ALL sin was remitted, paid for, and put away on the basis of the satisfaction offered for the demands of God's Holy Law, which sinners broke, when the Lord Jesus died on the Cross.

Jesus, our Lord told us that we must remain “in Him”, or be cast out and thrown into the fire and burned.

If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. John 15:6

People who are no longer “in Christ” are no longer in relationship with Him, they no longer “have Him”, they are no longer joined to Him, nor are they one spirit with Him.

But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him.
1 Corinthians 6:17

Here is how we are instructed to remain in Him.

Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us. 1 John 3:24

• he who keeps His commandments abides in Him

JLB

Last edited:
“3 Know you not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ (plainly says that this Baptism is into Christ and not water [I Cor. 1:17; 12:13; Gal. 3:27; Eph. 4:5; Col. 2:11-13]) were baptized into His Death? (When Christ died on the Cross, in the Mind of God, we died with Him; in other words, He became our Substitute, and our identification with Him in His Death gives us all the benefits for which He died; the idea is that He did it all for us!)

4 Therefore we are buried with Him by baptism into death (not only did we die with Him, but we were buried with Him as well, which means that all the sin and transgression of the past were buried; when they put Him in the Tomb, they put all of our sins into that Tomb as well): that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the Glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life (we died with Him, we were buried with Him, and His Resurrection was our Resurrection to a “Newness of Life”).

5 For if we have been planted together (with Christ) in the likeness of His Death (Paul proclaims the Cross as the instrument through which all Blessings come; consequently, the Cross must ever be the Object of our Faith, which gives the Holy Spirit latitude to work within our lives), we shall be also in the likeness of His Resurrection (we can have the “likeness of His Resurrection,” i.e., “live this Resurrection Life,” only as long as we understand the “likeness of His Death,” which refers to the Cross as the Means by which all of this is done):”

Gal. 2:20-21
“20 I am Crucified with Christ (as the Foundation of all Victory; Paul, here, takes us back to Rom. 6:3-5): nevertheless I live (have new life); yet not I (not by my own strength and ability), but Christ lives in me (by virtue of me dying with Him on the Cross, and being raised with Him in Newness of Life): and the life which I now live in the flesh (my daily walk before God) I live by the Faith of the Son of God (the Cross is ever the Object of my Faith), Who loved me, and gave Himself for me (which is the only way that I could be Saved).

21 I do not frustrate the Grace of God (if we make anything other than the Cross of Christ the Object of our Faith, we frustrate the Grace of God, which means we stop its action, and the Holy Spirit will no longer help us): for if Righteousness come by the Law (any type of Law), then Christ is dead in vain. (If I can successfully live for the Lord by any means other than Faith in Christ and the Cross, then the Death of Christ was a waste.)

JSM

You seem to have grown very comfortable adding to God’s word.

This is disobeying the Lord.

For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
Revelation 22:18-19

JLB

How to live for God. Rom. 8:2, 1 Cor. 1:17-18
Romans 8:2 tells us why Jesus died on the cross.
He came to free us from the grip of satan.
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.

I don't really understand why you posted 1 Cor 1:17-18
It speaks about preaching the Word of God.

So, yes, Jesus came to kill the power of satan over those who wish to avail themselves of this.....
We are to preach the word of God to whomever we can.

But that is not sanctification.
Please read post no. 60

Sanctification is a life-long process in which we strive to do the good that God would want us to do. This is a cooperative effort between us and God. We do this through the strength that the Holy Spirit gives to us and through the death of the great effects of satan in our lives...however, WE have a part in our sanctification...we are set apart to do the will of God.

Romans 6:16, 19, 22 explains this well.

It's unclear to me how you understand sanctification.
What do you NOT agree with regarding the above?

You seem to have grown very comfortable adding to God’s word.

This is disobeying the Lord.

For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
Revelation 22:18-19

JLB
I believe the words in red are the words of JS and not of iLOVE ...JS must have a commentary....

I believe the words in red are the words of JS and not of iLOVE ...JS must have a commentary....

He is the one who is posting the scripture with added words.

He is the one who will be held accountable for this disobedience.

I would advise him to repent, and just post scripture without added commentary.

The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life,
to depart from the snares of death.
Proverbs 14:27

Jesus certainly doesn’t keep His commandments for us because we are in Him.

He empowers us by His Spirit to put to death the sinful deeds of our flesh.

For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. Romans 8:13

• if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

JLB

Romans 8:2 tells us why Jesus died on the cross.
He came to free us from the grip of satan.
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.

I don't really understand why you posted 1 Cor 1:17-18
It speaks about preaching the Word of God.

So, yes, Jesus came to kill the power of satan over those who wish to avail themselves of this.....
We are to preach the word of God to whomever we can.

But that is not sanctification.
Please read post no. 60

Sanctification is a life-long process in which we strive to do the good that God would want us to do. This is a cooperative effort between us and God. We do this through the strength that the Holy Spirit gives to us and through the death of the great effects of satan in our lives...however, WE have a part in our sanctification...we are set apart to do the will of God.

Romans 6:16, 19, 22 explains this well.

It's unclear to me how you understand sanctification.
What do you NOT agree with regarding the above?
How do we enter and stay in sanctification?

He is the one who is posting the scripture with added words.

He is the one who will be held accountable for this disobedience.

I would advise him to repent, and just post scripture without added commentary.

The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life,
to depart from the snares of death.
Proverbs 14:27

Jesus certainly doesn’t keep His commandments for us because we are in Him.

He empowers us by His Spirit to put to death the sinful deeds of our flesh.

For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. Romans 8:13

• if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

JLB
Again, how do we keep the laws and commandments?

How do I do that?

To obey the command to not lie, means you don’t lie.

To obey the command to not commit adultery means you don’t commit adultery.

To obey the command not to make carved images
and bow down to them and serve them, (idolatry), means we don’t Bowen down to idols and serve them.

And He said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.” Revelation 21:6-8

• the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

JLB

How do we keep Christ commandments?

You do what He tells you to do.

You don’t do what He tells you not to do.

Sin = Hate

Obedience = Love

Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.
James 4:4

JLB

To obey the command to not lie, means you don’t lie.

To obey the command to not commit adultery means you don’t commit adultery.

To obey the command not to make carved images
and bow down to them and serve them, (idolatry), means we don’t Bowen down to idols and serve them.

And He said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.” Revelation 21:6-8

• the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

JLB
So your god tells you to use your willpower and strength (the "Law") that is routed in flesh to be successful over sin, the world, the flesh, and the Devil? The truth is 90% of those who call themselves Christians will believe this.

Last edited:
The answer you seek, is found in the Cross. Jesus Christ is the solution for mankind - there is no other! It takes the Power of God to set the captive free. Many bypass the Cross for their solutions and Grace is cancelled. These problems we face are too severe to be talked out of anybody. Bondage (taskmasters are demon spirits that come to afflict - Exodus 1:11) can be broken only by the Power of God. This is why Jesus had to come from Heaven and die on the Cross in order that the power of sin may be broken. Sin has a power behind it and his name is Satan.

If a Christian will and their efforts to live for God is in anything except Christ and the Cross, i.e., Finished Work, The Blood of Jesus (Romans 8:2), Satan can override your will and force you to do things you don't want to do and trying not to do (Ephesians 6:12). Our willpower is routed in flesh. This is why Jesus said deny yourself and pick up your cross and follow me (Luke 9:23). In other words, receive my benefits daily I have provided for you.

The Christian is doomed to failure if he thinks he can face the sin business and simply say yes or no. That's not the way it works. Those who try that (and almost all have) will conclude by failing every time. You may win for awhile, but after awhile, you're going to fail.

Now, stop and think about this for a moment: If it were possible for us to defeat sin and the attacks of Satan by willpower, then Jesus would not have had to come down here and die on a Cross. He could have merely taught us how to function within our willpower, and that would have solved the problem.

However, He didn't do that, did He? The truth is, the problem of sin is so deadly that it took the Cross to defeat this monster, and even then, we have to have the help of the Holy Spirit to get this thing done. That's why Paul said, "But if the Spirit (Holy Spirit) of Him (God the Father) who raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, He who raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by His Spirit who dwells in you" (Rom. 8:11).

This tells us that sin is so powerful that it takes the same power to overcome this thing as it did to raise Jesus from the dead, which, of course, is the power of the Holy Spirit. Understanding that, we should come to the conclusion that our personal willpower is totally inadequate.

However, most Christians little understand the victory of the Cross and try to do this thing on their own, which always results in failure.

The majority of Christians know nothing about the Cross of Christ for sanctification. Justification delivers us from the penalty of sin, while sanctification delivers us from the power of sin. The Cross of Christ is as necessary for sanctification as it is for salvation (1 Cor. 1:18).

Because we are in this body of flesh, as Paul said, "We have not been perfected yet (Philippians 3:12-13)," and because we have a enemy within and a enemy without (the world, the flesh, and the Devil), you can still get tired of trusting. This is why the scripture says:

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. Galatians 5:1

JSM

Proverbs 21:27
The sacrifice of the wicked is abomination: how much more, when he bringeth it with a wicked mind?

The wicked are those who do NOT have their faith in the promise of Christ and His sacrificial work at the cross, and God has declared that whatever other sacrifice they may bring, such as Cain did, it is a wicked abomination to God. The Lord also says that when one brings a sacrifice to Him with a wicked mind, that it is even much more an abomination. The wicked mind is without a doubt the mind that actually thinks his own works are pleasing to God just as Cain thought and expected God to be pleased with the work of his hands.

God only looks at the object of one’s faith, and when He sees the heart of man believing unto righteousness, which is in the cross of Christ alone, He is pleased. Outside of that one object of faith, He cannot be pleased (Hebrews 11:6). It is the faith of the Son of God who loved us and gave Himself for us which we live by (Galatians 2:20), and in which God is pleased, or we aren’t living and He isn’t pleased.

Seeking God in His Word and experiencing Him through faith in the sacrifice of Christ!

Pastor Curtis

Back