Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Study For What Is The Sin Against The Holy Ghost's Finished Sin

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Jason -

Elijah doesn't know when the OT Laws are mentioned, it includes all of the ordinances, statutues and the 10 commandments.

Good grief friend, your post here is as bad as ALL of the Rev. 17:1-5 ones with that post!:screwloose

What law keeps you from now going out as 'they are doing' and painting the world all red pink purple & blue in [[OPEN SIN]] 'teaching that LORD, LORD! [IT IS ALL FINISHED!] NO LAW!!:yes:yes so you have saved me in sin! GREAT, huh?:screwloose

And how did God COME TO TELL YOU THAT ALL OF THESE ONES ARE THE ABOMINATION OF THE EARTH???????????

No: The Eternal Law is still there! 1 John 3:3-4! Rev. 10:19 + Rev. 12:17 & you are correct, James 2:10 finds that these ones of Rev. 17:1-5 are ALL Condemed to Eternal Death as a Prophesied [LAST DAY] DONE FINISHED DEAL!

And you might just add in 1 John 2:4 also, as Prophesied END TIME TRUTH of all of these ones being LIARS!

And the only hope for [ALL OTHERS] were seen in John 10:16 + our day of Rev. 18:4! Just think of what you would be a [[PARTAKER OF]] today?? The very open vilest seen sin, (again 1 John 3:3-4) one is a PARTAKER OF just as if they did the thing theirself!

But you say, that we are saved Lord in that mess????? NO LAW LORD??????? Wake/up kid'o! For you are following the BROADWAY CROWD, (Jer. 17:5) not the one that you posted about that you were to follow!:crying:crying

--Elijah
I am awake, Elijah.
My post was great! Jesus fulfilled the Law!

I am awake, Elijah.
My post was great! Jesus fulfilled the Law!

He came to [MAGNIFY] His Law & [MAKE IT HONORABLE]. Isa. 42:21, not to DESTROY IT. Christ still lives His law in every detail!

Toss it out?:screwloose:screwloose That is satan & his 'desired' crew's job. Gen. 4:7 + Dan. 7:25.

You best do some Jer. 17:5/less study!:study And stick to the Matt. 4:4 + 2 Tim. 3:16's Truth along with Isa. 28:10's only way to grow up!:thumbsup Even the sincere cradelroll ones understand that.:seehearspeak

--Elijah

No offense intended, none!:thumbsup but do the honest Christian thing, & put up scripture where you ever see 'circumcism' even hinted at in the ETERNAL COVENANT TEN COMMANDMENT'S OF ANY OF THE GODHEAD!

You are readin from the WRONG LAW! 2 Chron. 8:13. READ!:study Deut 31:9 & then verse 24-26 and note that [the side of the Ark] is not [INSIDE OF THE ARK!];)

--Elijah
well what would a man that read the ot first know? what was the simple of the covenant in the days of abraham and up to the messiah?

circumision! moses was nearly slain by the lord for not circumising his sons.
exodus 4
4And it came to pass by the way in the inn, that the LORD met him, and sought to kill him. 25Then Zipporah took a sharp stone, and cut off the foreskin of her son, and cast it at his feet, and said, Surely a bloody husband art thou to me.
26So he let him go: then she said, A bloody husband thou art, because of the circumcision.

so i guess the torah doesnt include this part eh.

and paul well he said this in romans 2

5For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.

well what would a man that read the ot first know? what was the simple of the covenant in the days of abraham and up to the messiah?

circumision! moses was nearly slain by the lord for not circumising his sons.
exodus 4

so i guess the torah doesnt include this part eh.

and paul well he said this in romans 2

No, circumcism was a law that meant the circumcism of the heart! See Gal. 3:10 & then verse19. There was NO hint of such in these verses that God penned.:study

So, your post is still off base!;) God ONLY SPAKE & PENNED & THEN WROTE one part of the Bible in the Born Again Heart + Isa. 8:20's first part. The Books of the Bible are all written as the 'TESTIMONY' of what each [HOLY MAN] were moved to testify of. That is why Matt. Mark Luke + John are not the same exact Wordings! (see 2 Peter 1:20-21)

And these verses verify the Lords Eternal Laws! Exod. 31:18, 'And He gave unto Moses, when He had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, [two tables of testimony], [tables of stone], writen [with the finger of God].'

Exod. 34:28, '... And He wrote upon the tables the [WORDS OF THE COVENANT], the [TEN COMMANDMENTS].'

Exod.24:12, 'And the Lord said unto Moses, Come [up to Me] into the mount, and be there: and [I will give thee tables of stone, and a law, and commandments which I have written]; ..'

And the New Covenant has these same Identical Laws written in the Born Again heart + Mind by the Holy Spirit! Heb. 8:10 + Heb. 10:15-16. (If one is Born Again???)

--Elijah

No, circumcism was a law that meant the circumcism of the heart! See Gal. 3:10 & then verse19. There was NO hint of such in these verses that God penned.:study

So, your post is still off base!;) God ONLY SPAKE & PENNED & THEN WROTE one part of the Bible in the Born Again Heart + Isa. 8:20's first part. The Books of the Bible are all written as the 'TESTIMONY' of what each [HOLY MAN] were moved to testify of. That is why Matt. Mark Luke + John are not the same exact Wordings! (see 2 Peter 1:20-21)

sigh pray tell me why then would god slay moses for not circumising his sons? when you have that figured out then talk.

and uh while we arent to simply to ingnore the law as what is the standard. but paul and and the whole jerusalem council said the the gentiles werent under the law meaning the entire shabbang. this includes the sabaath and also the idea of kosher laws.

and on the sabaath.

its for whom? the jews or the gentiles forever.

exodus 31
17It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

and uh read up on what i quoted as circumcision it involved the male genitialia. it was a syumbolic act but was quite permanent.

He came to [MAGNIFY] His Law & [MAKE IT HONORABLE]. Isa. 42:21, not to DESTROY IT. Christ still lives His law in every detail!

Toss it out?:screwloose:screwloose That is satan & his 'desired' crew's job. Gen. 4:7 + Dan. 7:25.

You best do some Jer. 17:5/less study!:study And stick to the Matt. 4:4 + 2 Tim. 3:16's Truth along with Isa. 28:10's only way to grow up!:thumbsup Even the sincere cradelroll ones understand that.:seehearspeak

--Elijah
Elijah,
I said nothing about destroying the law - please show me where I said it.
Toss Jesus out? No way! He's who I follow!

It didn't mean that Elijah. That would mean Moses circumcised all the males for nothing.

Hi, 'i' am starting to think that your posting are becoming LAZY + LUKWARM as seen in Rev. 3:16 Spewed out Warnings! Who are you listening to???

You say that 'It did not mean that Elijah', Well you are saying that GOD did not mean that friend! It is HIS WORDS, 'i' do not amount to a hill of beans!

Read :study:thumbsup
Deut. 10:16 + 'Circumcise therefore the [forskin of your heart], and [[BE NO MORE STIFFNECKED]]'.!:screwloose

Deut. **30:6 'And THE LORD WILL CIRCUMCISE THINE HEART], and the heart of thy seed, [to love the LORD THY GOD], [[TO KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS AND STATUES WHICH ARE WRITTEN IN **THIS BOOK OF THE LAW]]..' (Moses Book! that was FINISHED! When the SEED 'CHRIST' CAME & DIED! The Law that was Gal. 3:19 says added!)

Rom. 2:**24-29! + many other verses!
[24] For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.

[25] For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law:
but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.

[26]
Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision?

[27] And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfil the law, judge thee, who by the letter and circumcision dost transgress the law?

[28]
For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

[29] But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

And NO, I agree with you, that you are NO 'SPIRITUAL' Jew yet!:crying:crying

--Elijah

Hi Jason,

If we look back at Circumcision, it was pre- Moses and stems back to the Promise God made to Abraham and was a sign of the Covenant with Abraham which God swore on himself.
Genesis 17:11-12 And you shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskins; and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and you. And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every male child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any foreigner, who is not of your descendants.

As far as Moses and the passage in Exodus, the story goes that Moses was in a hurry to go to Egypt and do Gods will. On the way to Egypt Zipporah gave birth to Eliezer, yet Moses was in too big of a hurry to circumcision him because he thought the task God had given him was greater than the promise given to Abrham, which angered God and causes God's anger to burn against Moses to the point of killing him for his disobedience per the passages in Exodus you've posted.

The circumcision from the law of Moses was a circumcision of the heart, not the flesh.

Deuteronomy 10:16 Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked.
Deuteronomy 30:6 And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

As far as Jesus fulfilling the Law, this is stated within the context of Matthew 5-7 which is a summary of the Law.

This really raises the question of what it is to be a disciple of Christ. Jesus summerizes his teachings of the sermon on the mount by saying,

Matthew 7:24-26 Therefore whosoever hears these sayings of mine, and does them, I will liken him unto a wise man, who built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. And every one that hears these sayings of mine, and does them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, who built his house upon the sand:

I'm not ashamed to say that as a Christian, we have been assigned some tough work to do... Simply believing Jesus is the son of God and the Christ isn't enough.

Hebrews 6:7-10 For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God: But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned. But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak. For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.

Hi, 'i' am starting to think that your posting are becoming LAZY + LUKWARM as seen in Rev. 3:16 Spewed out Warnings! Who are you listening to???

You say that 'It did not mean that Elijah', Well you are saying that GOD did not mean that friend! It is HIS WORDS, 'i' do not amount to a hill of beans!

Read :study:thumbsup
Deut. 10:16 + 'Circumcise therefore the [forskin of your heart], and [[BE NO MORE STIFFNECKED]]'.!:screwloose

Deut. **30:6 'And THE LORD WILL CIRCUMCISE THINE HEART], and the heart of thy seed, [to love the LORD THY GOD], [[TO KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS AND STATUES WHICH ARE WRITTEN IN **THIS BOOK OF THE LAW]]..' (Moses Book! that was FINISHED! When the SEED 'CHRIST' CAME & DIED! The Law that was Gal. 3:19 says added!)

Rom. 2:**24-29! + many other verses!
[24] For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.

[25] For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.

[26] Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision?

[27] And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfil the law, judge thee, who by the letter and circumcision dost transgress the law?

[28] For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

[29] But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

And NO, I agree with you, that you are NO 'SPIRITUAL' Jew yet!:crying:crying

--Elijah
Circumcision of all males was a requirement for the Israelites, I'm surprised at you Elijah, that you do not know this!

Even though God has mentioned circumcision of the heart, does not change the requirement of the other circumcision.

The entire point here is, if you are following the Laws of the OT, then this would still be a requirement for you.

Rocky,

Genesis 17:11-12 And you shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskins; and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and you. And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every male child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any foreigner, who is not of your descendants.

If we look at circumcision, it was a sign of a covenant between God and Abraham in regard to the Promise where God swore by himself

The way I see it, Christ was the fulfillment of that Promise, after all, like the covenant with Abraham where God swore by himself, the new covenant is founded on the blood of Jesus, God's son. :)

Agreed!:thumbsup

And here is another of the rock'man messed up Jer. 17:5 ones Chapters!:crying
Acts 15

Finds ALL 7th Day Sabbath Keepers. Nothing is found disputing against the Eternal Ten Commandment Law that God Spoke & Penned Himself in Tables of Stone + in every one who has a Born Again Heart! ( Heb. 8:10 + Heb. 10:15-16 ) If they have been Born Again!
This Inspiration here in Acts 15 finds exactly what the problem was that the New Church was having, it was about the Book of the Law which Moses wrote & that he required in Deut 31: 9-11 + verses 24-26 which says.. write in 'a book' & have placed in the [SIDE OF THE ARK], not inside where the Lord's Eternal Covenant of His Testimony even still is! Rev. 11:19!!

OK: You can read it all, but 'i' am only going to give the exact versed FACTS!

[1] And certain men which came down from Judaea taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved.

(And these are documented as brethren! And as 'teaching' only that they 'must be circumcised to be saved' And there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT GOD ETERNAL COVENANT IN THAT VERSE)

[2] When therefore Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and disputation with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas, and certain other of them, should go up to Jerusalem unto the apostles and elders about this question.

(so here 'also' enter the Rev. 17:1-5 false teachers teaching that it was the Eternal Commandments that 'they' will attempt to toss out! Dan. 7:25. And surely that 'reason' has got to be the Lords 7th Day Sabbath that they hate with their Gen. 4:7's devilish passion!)

[5] But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.
[6] And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter.

(Again: It would take a 'spiritually brain dead' or a Heb.. 6:6 worse one to 'teach' that this is not 'simple' to understand!!)

[7] And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
[8] And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
[9] And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

[10] Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?

(and what was that 'yoke' all about? [[Moses Law & circumcism!)

[11] But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.
[12] Then all the multitude kept silence, and gave audience to Barnabas and Paul, declaring what miracles and wonders God had wrought among the Gentiles by them.

[13] And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me:
[14] Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.
[15] And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,
[18] Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.
[19] Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:

[20] But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollution's of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.
[21] For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every Sabbath day.
[22] Then pleased it the apostles and elders, with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas; namely, Judas surnamed Barsabas, and Silas, chief men among the brethren:
[23] And they wrote letters by them after this manner; The apostles and elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia:

[24] Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:

(OK: Here come the one verse Rev. 17:1-5 ones, as document there as heretics, saying & teaching that this was the Law of God, & particularly Their 7th Day Sabbath. Where as the meeting of Acts 15 has NO HINT EVEN of anything other than what verse 5 DOCUMENTS! 'But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed saying, That it was needful to [circumcise them and to COMMAND THEM TO KEEP THE LAW OF MOSES.'] Even that is interesting with these ones all of today celebrating an Easter Feast day!)

[25] It seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,
[26] Men that have hazarded their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

[27] We have sent therefore Judas and Silas, who shall also tell you the same things by mouth.
[28] For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;
[29] That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.
[30] So when they were dismissed, they came to Antioch: and when they had gathered the multitude together, they delivered the epistle:
[41] And he went through Syria and Cilicia, confirming the churches.

(And what does the Jer. 17:5 ones teach today, with hardly any two agreeing on anything much except to 'teach' that these Laws or Moses + 'ordinances' are Penned of God in the Ten Commandments? Or at least that they are all FINISHED! You my friend can believe what ever your hearts 'Gen. 4:7's DESIRE IS'? That is your God allowed CONDITIONAL FREEDOM!

--Elijah

Rocky,

If we look at circumcision, it was a sign of a covenant between God and Abraham in regard to the Promise where God swore by himself

The way I see it, Christ was the fulfillment of that Promise, after all, like the covenant with Abraham where God swore by himself, the new covenant is founded on the blood of Jesus, God's son. :)

Yes, I realize this, it's exactly what I have been saying. Christ fulfilled all of the OT laws, we do not keep them.

On the other hand, Elijah here is insisting that we do have to keep the OT Laws. The problem is Elijah is simply picking and choosing which ones to keep. My Bible says, if you break one of those laws, then you break them all, so for Elijah circumcision is a requirement for him.

Hey Brother E, you preaching circumcision? :lol

Rockie,

Open your bible to Matthew 5 and keep reading till Chapter 7. What does Jesus say about his words?

Something to keep in mind also, "You have heard it said, but I say". To what is he speaking about and from where did those, "To whom you have heard" get their basis from?

Hey Brother E, you preaching circumcision? :lol

Rockie,

Open your bible to Matthew 5 and keep reading till Chapter 7. What does Jesus say about his words?

Something to keep in mind also, "You have heard it said, but I say". To what is he speaking about and from where did those, "To whom you have heard" get their basis from?
Our heritage is Israel, God gave the OT laws, statutes and ordinances - TO THEM before the Church was Israel. Jesus was Jewish and bound to follow the Jewish laws given to them by God, that was prior to His sacrifice and resurrection. Now we have a new covenant, which was given to us, which do not include the laws, ordinances and statutes of the old testament.

If we are obedient to the Spirit, in remembering the two commandments Jesus gave us, we will do well......

Mark 12:30 And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all of your soul, and with all of your mind, and with all your strength.

GALATIANS 5:14 NKJ
14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
JAMES 2:8 NKJ
8 If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself," you do well;

Hi Rocky,

Have you looked at these passages?

Jeremiah 31:31-33 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

The Hebrew writer quotes this passage in Hebrew 8. What we have, is a better Covenant with better promises :yes

It is true that the old covenant based on the law is no longer binding. We have a new covenant! And it's based on the work of Jesus.

This is why I was saying to read Matthew 5 through 7. There is responsibility with being a disciple.

Jesus himself says,

Matthew 7:24-27 Therefore whosoever hears these sayings of mine, and does them, I will liken him unto a wise man, who built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. And every one that hears these sayings of mine, and does them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, who built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

So, it's not enough to simply believe in Jesus. We have to believe in his ideas too. But as well, we have to be doers of His will.

The above words are not my words. They are the words of Jesus. Be a doer, not just a hearer.

And no, this is not works based salvation. We are saved by grace through faith. The question then becomes, do you have the faith to do what Jesus tells us to do? It's not always easy and I couldn't imagine what Abraham went through when he offered Isaac.

GALATIANS 5:14 NKJ
14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
JAMES 2:8 NKJ
8 If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself," you do well;

Both of those sound great Rockie. But how are they lived out? I mean, what does it look like to live out these commands? A cool way to say it would be, "How do you put flesh on the commandment?"

You don't just love your neighbor one time and it's done. No, it's a continual thing. But moreso we are called to be that neighbor.

Luke 10:36-37 Which now of these three, think you, was neighbor unto him that fell among the thieves? And he said, He that showed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do you likewise.

The Samaritan didn't just love the guy that got beat up and layed in the ditch. he helped him out, set him up for two weeks in a safe place etc. Loving is more than an idea, it's doing.

John 3:16... For God so loved the world, that he sent his only begotton son... How tough that must have been.

Back