Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Day of the LORD... The Day of Jesus Christ...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Once again, I couldn't say one way or the other that these men are glorified now (or not) in their resurrected bodies, but I would think not.

It brings me back to David's Tomb.. is it here to this day or not ?
Do you think David's bones remain in the grave?

I would think so in the literal sense of his physical remains, absolutely. Your question reminded me of Joseph.. wasn't it his bones that the Israelites carried out of Egypt ? Just a side thought to illustrate the importance of physical burial as well.

Going back to a question I asked: where do you think paradise is today and who might be in it even if it's only in spirit? Thanks.

I think I agree with your thought here, if in fact it's their spirit only which returns to God, and not their physical body. That's what I think.. disembodied spirits dare I say ?

This wonderous conversation has led me to think on these things from Eze 37...

The hand of the Lord was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the Lord, and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones, and caused me to pass by them round about: and, behold, there were very many in the open valley; and, lo, they were very dry. And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord God, thou knowest.

Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the Lord. Thus saith the Lord God unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live: and I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the Lord.

I think I agree with your thought here, if in fact it's their spirit only which returns to God, and not their physical body. That's what I think.. disembodied spirits dare I say ?
I think you're right for in being caught up to be with the Lord, the dead rise first, and the only thing left of us is our remains in the grave or sea. Whether in spirit, just a vision or in a body, Peter saw Elijah and Moses with Jesus on the mount of transfiguration and he recognized them even though he never had seen them.

I was just thinking of Abraham's bosom and Lazarus being comforted, and Abraham and the rich man speaking. 1 Cor 10:11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come. In other words, if God even in a parable showing us such things of the afterlife there's got to be something more than laying in a grave waiting for our being in Jesus' presence.

Re: The marriage of the Lamb...

Let's shift gears and think upon a most glorious thought..

The marriage of the Lamb to His wife...

Who could begin to comprehend that ?

If I think in terms of the resurrection of the dead, and that we shall each have our own body... likened unto His glorious body.. just think of the multitudes this encompasses.

How is one resurrected and glorified man (The Bridegroom), going to present a glorious church comprised of literally multitudes of resurrected and glorified bodies (the Bride), to Himself ?

I can't even begin to imagine.. but I do believe it shall be.. hereafter, in that Day, the Day of Jesus Christ..

Here's another thought...

Paul tells us that although we are many members, we're ONE BODY.

Could it be that the entire body of Christ will be resurrected into ONE BODY... ie, as in one person ?

Just thinking out loud, so feel free to 'protect' any of these thoughts by refuting them with scripture.. what I mean is.. if there's an obvious conflict to any thought here, just point it out..

I find this rather exciting to discuss things which we perhaps haven't begun to scratch the surface of.. and it's often a difficult refining process to sort through what is biblically sound as to what might be contrary to sound teaching etc.

Because with respect to the things which shall be hereafter, and their staggering enormity.. there's not a person who has it all right in their mind... imo at least.

It takes the entire body of Christ growing together into that perfect man to uncover these marvelous and majestic, even miraculous, things which most assuredly shall be hereafter, in that Day, the Day of the LORD, the Day of Jesus Christ.

I think you're right for in being caught up to be with the Lord, the dead rise first, and the only thing left of us is our remains in the grave or sea. Whether in spirit, just a vision or in a body, Peter saw Elijah and Moses with Jesus on the mount of transfiguration and he recognized them even though he never had seen them.

My thoughts on Peter seeing Moses and Elijah would be more likened to 'future revelation'.. seeing the future, more than it being a present reality... like John being given the revelation etc concerning the things which shall be hereafter.

I was just thinking of Abraham's bosom and Lazarus being comforted, and Abraham and the rich man speaking. 1 Cor 10:11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come. In other words, if God even in a parable showing us such things of the afterlife there's got to be something more than laying in a grave waiting for our being in Jesus' presence.

Again, who can understand these things... although sometimes I think that in God's timeline it's only been a week if a day to Him is as a thousand years... and that makes perfect sense to me for the One who inhabits eternity. So in God's eye's it's all happening in a fairly short time, whereas for us it's seemingly ages ago etc..

As for what happens before we receive our glorified bodies (body), there does seem to be more than just laying in a grave without any knowledge of what's happening.. but then again, these are difficult things to see and understand imo.

The hand of the Lord was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the Lord, and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones, and caused me to pass by them round about: and, behold, there were very many in the open valley; and, lo, they were very dry. And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord God, thou knowest.

Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the Lord. Thus saith the Lord God unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live: and I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the Lord.
As a type it certainly has significance but spiritually I believe that to be an allegory of Israel being restored and God's work going on in them. 1 Cor 10:11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

Something I have not put together before is this in Ezekiel 37:12 Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.
Eze 37:13 And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves, Eze 37:14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.

I will look further into this sometime as time allows, but doesn't this sound like that which occurred in Matthew 27:52-53 where many came out of their graves and appeared into many?

As a type it certainly has significance but spiritually I believe that to be an allegory of Israel being restored and God's work going on in them. 1 Cor 10:11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

Something I have not put together before is this in Ezekiel 37:12 Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.
Eze 37:13 And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves, Eze 37:14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.

I will look further into this sometime as time allows, but doesn't this sound like that which occurred in Matthew 27:52-53 where many came out of their graves and appeared into many?

Ezekiel 37:11 says that these bones are the whole house of Israel. So with respect to Matthew 27 I would say that this is once again a demonstration of the power of God and not a complete fulfillment. The word of God is a two edged sword in this sense imo..

I believe that Matthew 19 shows us the entire house of Israel in the REGENERATION, when the Son of Man shall sit in the throne of His glory, His twelve Apostles ruling over the twelve tribes of Israel.. and I would also expect to see Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob all there at His table, in His Kingdom, in that Day, when the kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our God and of His Christ.

Gotta run, talk later... great stuff imo.

Give this a thought brother. What do you suppose finally happened to them that rose when Jesus died?

Yes, I understand what you are saying.
Just a thought, we know that Jesus is sitting at the right hand of the Father. Is it possible the John 3:13 could be saying that none have appeared before the throne? Or is there another scripture that makes this a definite no?

Give this a thought brother. What do you suppose finally happened to them that rose when Jesus died?

Yes, I understand what you are saying.
Just a thought, we know that Jesus is sitting at the right hand of the Father. Is it possible the John 3:13 could be saying that none have appeared before the throne? Or is there another scripture that makes this a definite no?
[MENTION=93058]Deborah13[/MENTION]:

The term 'day of the Lord' has a strongly Old Testament ring to it, which would suggest a relation to Israel and future events on earth.

Blessings.

The term 'day of the Lord' has a strongly Old Testament ring to it, which would suggest a relation to Israel and future events on earth.

Please explain further.
@Deborah13 :

Well, for example, it would link in with Zechariah, and the church isn't in the Old Testament, dispensationally.

Blessings.

The Day of The Lord and The Day of Christ both are associated with the Coming of The Lord and The resurrection from the dead.

13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus. 15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words. 1 But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you. 2 For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. 3 For when they say, "Peace and safety!" then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape. 4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief. 1 Thessalonians 4:-13 - 5:4

Here in these passages, The Day of The Lord is associated with the Coming of the Lord and the resurrection.

1 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. 2 Thessalonians 2:1-4

The Day of Christ is associated with the Coming of the Lord and gathering His people at the resurrection of the dead.

The Day of the Lord is the Day of Christ.

Jesus Christ is Lord, even though Jesus Christ is spelled different than Lord, they are both the same.

JLB

JLB: The term 'day of the Lord' isn't mentioned in 1 Thess. 4.

Blessings.

Here, I will copy and paste it from my post for you, so you can read it yourself.

Please read -

The Day of The Lord and The Day of Christ both are associated with the Coming of The Lord and The resurrection from the dead.

13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus. 15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words. 1 But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you. 2 For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. 3 For when they say, "Peace and safety!" then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape. 4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief. 1 Thessalonians 4:-13 - 5:4

Paul's letter to the Thessalonians address's the issue of the Coming of The Lord and the resurrection and Rapture and defines this Day as the Day of The Lord.

JLB

[MENTION=90220]JLB[/MENTION]: But the day of the Lord clearly describes events on earth.

Whereas the coming of the Lord for His church, when it is 'caught up', is in the air.

Blessings.

@JLB : But the day of the Lord clearly describes events on earth.

Whereas the coming of the Lord for His church, when it is 'caught up', is in the air.

Blessings.

Jesus comes from Heaven where He is seated at the right hand of God -

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.

1 Thessalonians 4:14 shows Jesus Coming WITH His Church from heaven to earth at the end of the age to gather His people at the resurrection and Rapture.

This is called the Day of The Lord here in 1 Thessalonians, and the Day of Christ in 2 Thessalonians.

Both are the same thing and deal with the Coming of the Lord and the gathering of His people.

JLB

JLB: The aspect of the Lord's coming, the rapture, which relates to the church actually refers to the meeting 'in the air'. The day of the Lord aspect relating to events on earth is later. Blessings.

Blessings.

It is a future event, connected to Judgment and the release of the 6th Seal. I am not sure how this connection can not be understood. The Day of the Lord is a very specific day and every where the Day of the Lord is mentioned it is very specific events that happen. None have happened yet, or we would not have stars.

This is called the Day of The Lord here in 1 Thessalonians, and the Day of Christ in 2 Thessalonians.

Both are the same thing and deal with the Coming of the Lord and the gathering of His people.

If I recall correctly. The day of the Lord is darkness, judgment. It's not the same day as the Day of OUR Lord Jesus Christ.

Mike.

JLB: The aspect of the Lord's coming, the rapture, which relates to the church actually refers to the meeting 'in the air'. The day of the Lord aspect relating to events on earth is later. Blessings.

The resurrection comes before the Rapture.

16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.

Both the resurrected and the raptured are to meet the Lord and be with Him.

Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with themin the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

This event is called the Day of the Lord and The Day of Christ.

17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words. 1 But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you. 2 For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. 3 For when they say, "Peace and safety!" then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape. 4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief.

The Day of the Lord and the Day of Christ are both the same thing and involve The Coming of the Lord with the resurrection of the dead at the end of the age.

He will raise us up on the Last Day, not 7 years prior to the last Day.

JLB

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back