Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The difference between the rapture and the second coming

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I believe the Rapture will be a sign to the Jews. In 1 Thess 5:5 it says that we are children of light. This phrase "children of light" occurs 4 times in the Bible and automatically makes me think of Gen 1:14(fourth day)
ad 70 and the cross is enough.

if jesus were come to day and this event of the trib was going on. most jews in isreal wouldn't amount to a full third of the jews on the earth. most jews live in America.

ad 70 and the cross is enough.

if jesus were come to day and this event of the trib was going on. most jews in isreal wouldn't amount to a full third of the jews on the earth. most jews live in America.
What makes you think thats enough? I would think alot of the signs that were given to the Jews was enough, but it wasn't. The Rapture is not going to be enough, but it is a sign.

What makes you think thats enough? I would think alot of the signs that were given to the Jews was enough, but it wasn't. The Rapture is not going to be enough, but it is a sign.
the fact is the the cross devasted the law so bad its in fulfillement. the jews even see ad 70 as sign of not pleasing god. tish ma bav is rememberance of that event. a jew need not a sign to believe. I didn't, my brother didn't. great uncle as well. our lives were messes and then god revealed himself to us. we repented. I know far more about my land and lineage as a Christian then before. many jews in isreal don't know the torah. I also talk to a jew that is a blogger and sent her a message of this simple common thing any jew would know"chag shameach" she had to look that up. its said during channukah. it means happy holidays. yet she attends the temple.

Please review post #6.You have made your statement.I will not comment.God's Blessings :)

Here are some scriptures that Jesus' Coming is when He Gathers His people at the Resurrection/Rapture, which is one event.

15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17

The main points in these passages are:
  • The Resurrection takes place at His Coming.
  • the dead in Christ rise first.
  • The Resurrection and Rapture are one event where all are caught up together.

21 For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. 23 But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ's at His coming. 1 Corinthians 15:21-23

The main points in these passages are:

• For as in Adam all die...
  • in Christ all shall be made alive.
  • All those who are Christ's will be Resurrected/Raptured together at the same time, at His Coming.

so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation. Hebrews 9:28

JLB

then its nothing but a church. you futurist have made distinction where there is none. if "isreal" is in the millennium is the doing the same as we are supposed to know. what is the difference? none! I submit that lord cant love either group less. both are in the body.

Umm, I'm a dispensationalist, I reckon...

Blessings.

Umm, I'm a dispensationalist, I reckon...

Blessings.
ok when one sees that then one must ask is the idea of scholfied valid? if not then what?

one nationality doesn't matter any more , not that it really did. any goy who called on the lord and heard the testimonies of isreal's god could be saved. its all in one chr 7.

ok when one sees that then one must ask is the idea of scholfied valid? if not then what?

one nationality doesn't matter any more , not that it really did. any goy who called on the lord and heard the testimonies of isreal's god could be saved. its all in one chr 7.

jasoncran:

I tell people that I am generally sympathetic with Scofield and J N Darby.

Blessings.

jasoncran:

I tell people that I am generally sympathetic with Scofield and J N Darby.

Blessings.

yet if darby was alive. he would side with the anti-credal types here and anti-church here. and he also wasn't into music during worship.he was into home churches. not all of the Plymouth brethren are. but that is beside the point.

the point is what does the bible really say. I have heard that some Christians seem to glee full if isreal goes to war.

yet if darby was alive. he would side with the anti-credal types here and anti-church here. and he also wasn't into music during worship.he was into home churches. not all of the Plymouth brethren are. but that is beside the point.

the point is what does the bible really say. I have heard that some Christians seem to glee full if isreal goes to war.

jasoncran: Not sure what you mean about Darby; maybe you could expand a bit, pls?

Blessings.

and take note.

http://www.preteristarchive.com/StudyArchive/h/hanegraaff-hank.html

what he does say seems to have a lot of truth.

AP Wire: Bible Answer Man Opposes Christian Zionism "CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- Hank Hanegraaff , radio's Bible Answer Man, says he's written a book that refutes the idea that modern Israel is a fulfillment of Biblical prophecy. He says the Zionism that's popular among Christians -- and which has influenced U.S. foreign policy -- is actually a form of racism that misinterprets the Bible. In "The Apocalypse Code," Hanegraaff argues that Christians, whether they're Jews or Gentiles, are God's chosen people. He says the notion that God cares more about DNA than salvation has led many Christians to support Israeli Jews instead of Palestinian Christians. Hanegraaff also seeks to refute the kind of end-times beliefs popularized by the "Left Behind" novels and advocated by some Christian leaders. (Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved

im not saying all that espouse this are racists. but he has a point. if isreal is for the Hebrews only then well wouldn't god be the one and only that should be the one to restore us to the land not the un? aslo well while I agree that isreal has a right to exist because its our land, but, it was for the jews in the land to make the choice. not the Christians. I don't support it because im a Christian at all. I suppor them because im a jew. I know the sad facts of why isreal must be. only a jew would protect a jew.

I think I am one as well.

Ms Kathi: My two cents' would be that whether one uses the label 'dispensationalist' or not, the question of mainting the Scriptural distinction between Israel and the church, and the Lord's coming for His church in the air, and His coming in power and glory on earth, is an important one (which, as it happens, some people called dispensationalists often stress).

Blessings.

I think you could call me a fundamentalist too but that is a whole different story.

I know exactly what you mean, Ms Kathi. :)

Like you say, a different story; all sorts of ideas and 'sacks of rocks' that ppl bring with them are involved; and not just eschatological ones.

Blessings.

Yes,I have studied all of the escatology views.Pre,post,mid,no trib.And the only one that my heart settled on was pre-trib.It just seemed the most logical with our God's love,grace and mercy.

I have been studying the account of the rainbow covenant and I just began to notice something I never seen before. We have always tended to take the phrase 'gathered in the clouds' as literal. What if it's linked to the symbolism of the rainbow covenant?
" that the bow will be seen in the cloud"

It
seems that there can be a strong case made for the coloured gem stones of both the breast piece of the high priest and the foundation stones of New Jerusalem as being an illustration for the resurrected righteous ones. That at a great storm time of worry for the world something truly beautiful happens, the resurrection of the righteous which is part of Gods plan for saving mankind? Maybe this language for being in the cloud is illustrative talk like a rainbow is in the clouds.....something that looks like a miracle from God.

Just some thoughts to consider....

Digging

http://christianforums.net/Fellowship/index.php?threads/a-pattern-with-the-rainbow-covenant.51945/

I have been studying the account of the rainbow covenant and I just began to notice something I never seen before. We have always tended to take the phrase 'gathered in the clouds' as literal. What if it's linked to the symbolism of the rainbow covenant?
" that the bow will be seen in the cloud"

It
seems that there can be a strong case made for the coloured gem stones of both the breast piece of the high priest and the foundation stones of New Jerusalem as being an illustration for the resurrected righteous ones. That at a great storm time of worry for the world something truly beautiful happens, the resurrection of the righteous which is part of Gods plan for saving mankind? Maybe this language for being in the cloud is illustrative talk like a rainbow is in the clouds.....something that looks like a miracle from God.

Just some thoughts to consider....

Digging

http://christianforums.net/Fellowship/index.php?threads/a-pattern-with-the-rainbow-covenant.51945/
If you say that then you are not taking the Bible literal.I take the Bible literal when ever possible.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back