Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The difference between the rapture and the second coming

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
At the rapture Christ does not appear on the Earth.He meets the Church in the air.

The resurrection takes place in the blink of an eye. It's probably a lot quicker than that but that's how the Word describes it.

1 Corinthians 15
51 Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed—
52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

The time difference between the resurrection of the dead and the living is so quick it won't even be noticeable. It will be as if it's all happening at the same time. And the time difference between the resurrection and the 2nd coming is just as quick. It will appear as if it's all happening together, at the same time.

The Word describes it as the speed of light.

Matthew 24
27 For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

In the twinkling of an eye, at the speed of light, it all comes together.

The resurrection takes place in the blink of an eye. It's probably a lot quicker than that but that's how the Word describes it.

1 Corinthians 15
51 Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed—
52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

The time difference between the resurrection of the dead and the living is so quick it won't even be noticeable. It will be as if it's all happening at the same time. And the time difference between the resurrection and the 2nd coming is just as quick. It will appear as if it's all happening together, at the same time.

The Word describes it as the speed of light.

Matthew 24
27 For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

In the twinkling of an eye, at the speed of light, it all comes together.
The Resurrection?Do you mean the Rapture?

The last day is "day of the Lord"? The end of history?

2 Peter 3
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.

Isaiah 65
17 “For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth;
And the former shall not be remembered or come to mind.

1Th 5:1 And concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need of my writing to you,
1Th 5:2 for yourselves have known thoroughly that the day of the Lord as a thief in the night doth so come,
1Th 5:3 for when they may say, Peace and surety, then sudden destruction doth stand by them, as the travail doth her who is with child, and they shall not escape;
1Th 5:4 and ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that the day may catch you as a thief;
1Th 5:5 all ye are sons of light, and sons of day; we are not of night, nor of darkness,
1Th 5:6 so, then, we may not sleep as also the others, but watch and be sober,

Here are the verses not in context but the reference numbers are here... to my mind/heart He is the creator He knows what a day is He is not saying last days
He says last day

Joh_6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
Joh_6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Joh_6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Joh_6:54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

Joh_11:24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.
Joh_12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Jesus was the legal heir to David's throne because Joseph(who was the blood line of David) was his adoptive father. Jesus was also of the blood line of David through Mary. Both Joseph and Mary were of David's lineage.

Christ is from both the Priest and Kingly line

He was born King
Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Isa 9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this

He was born King and that kingdom is even for ever.

Matthew 24:43 But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into.
No one knows when He will return.We should always be prepared.This verse refers to the Rapture of the Church.

Matthew 24:43 But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into.
No one knows when He will return.We should always be prepared.This verse refers to the Rapture of the Church.

It also refers to the 2nd coming of Christ.

Matthew 24
36 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only.
37 But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.
38 For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark,
39 and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.
40 Then two men will be in the field: one will be taken and the other left.
41 Two women will be grinding at the mill: one will be taken and the other left.
42 Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming.
43 But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into.
44 Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.

It also refers to the 2nd coming of Christ.

Matthew 24
36 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only.
37 But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.
38 For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark,
39 and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.
40 Then two men will be in the field: one will be taken and the other left.
41 Two women will be grinding at the mill: one will be taken and the other left.
42 Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming.
43 But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into.
44 Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.
I am new to this thread and I hope I come across in a humble and friendly manner. If I don't forgive me but I get excited when talking about the word of God. Matthew 24:38-42 is not talking about a "rapture." Look closely at what the scripture is saying and try not to read into it. 38 - For as the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, 39 - and did not know until the flood came and took THEM all away, so also will be the coming of the Son of Man be. Ok, who was taken away during Noah's time - it was the non-believers, the sinners, who were taken away by the flood and perished. The "rapture" is supposed to take away the church and save Christians from the tribulation. Well, isn't this the opposite of what happened in Noah's time? The sinner were taken and the believers (Noah's family) remained. But what Matthew 24:38 - 42 are saying that - two men will be in the field: one will be taken away. Who is Jesus saying will be taken away. Jesus says "like in Noah's time, the non-believer will perish and the believer will remain. This does not sound like a rapture.

I am new to this thread and I hope I come across in a humble and friendly manner. If I don't forgive me but I get excited when talking about the word of God. Matthew 24:38-42 is not talking about a "rapture." Look closely at what the scripture is saying and try not to read into it. 38 - For as the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, 39 - and did not know until the flood came and took THEM all away, so also will be the coming of the Son of Man be. Ok, who was taken away during Noah's time - it was the non-believers, the sinners, who were taken away by the flood and perished. The "rapture" is supposed to take away the church and save Christians from the tribulation. Well, isn't this the opposite of what happened in Noah's time? The sinner were taken and the believers (Noah's family) remained. But what Matthew 24:38 - 42 are saying that - two men will be in the field: one will be taken away. Who is Jesus saying will be taken away. Jesus says "like in Noah's time, the non-believer will perish and the believer will remain. This does not sound like a rapture.

I was wondering when this was going to come up.

The "rapture" is supposed to take away the church and save Christians from the tribulation. Well, isn't this the opposite of what happened in Noah's time?

Actually it's not. The Ark is a symbol of the "catching up/rapture". Once Noah and his family were safe inside the Ark, the flood waters came. The sinners weren't secretly whisked away. They were destroyed by the flood waters. "Taken away" by the waters that destroyed the earth. Noah and his family were saved from this destruction because of the Ark, much like those who will be caught up just prior to the 2nd coming of Christ.

Why would God secretly remove the wicked from an earth that's going to be destroyed?
shrug2.gif

If the sinners are "taken away", who are the people that are left behind? If you say "these are the ones who were saved during the tribulation", why would God leave them behind to face the coming destruction?
shrug2.gif

It doesn't make sense.

Thank you for your post!

Very well said.

JLB

Back