Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The TOP TEN Game Returns!!! Top Ten Pet Peeves of Drivers!!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Mike

It's been almost 10 months since I was last able to pull this off, but I'm feeling rather ambitious today!! I used to call these "Monday Madness", but it's Saturday, so... Saturday Insanity!!
Remember, the SAME RULES APPLY:

1. No cheating by looking for this or any other similar list that would give you an unfair advantage. This is on your honor.
2. Only 1 response per post, but you are free to post as many times as you'd like.
3. I'll post the link to the lists when they are completed.
4. I'll fill in the lists on this OP in the order that they are given.
5. I'll fill in Post #2 with wrong answers as they are given.

So, this week's Top Ten List is the "Top Ten Pet Peeves of Drivers". No complaining please. It's not my list, but one I found on the net. My final judgment stands if your answer is close but not on. ;) Think a little outside the box. If you have tunnel vision, some answers will be very elusive!

Top Ten Gripes by Drivers

1. Texting - reba
2. Able-bodied drivers parking in handicapped spaces - Handy
3. Tailgaters - Handy
4. Drivers who cut you off - Handy
5. Speeders weaving through traffic - Handy
6. Double-parking - reba
7. Talking on cell phone - reba
8. Not allowing you to merge into a lane - Nick
9. Not dimming high-beams when approaching - Sinthesis
10. Not using turn signal - reba

It's a grand day, folks! The funnest thread in the history of the entire universe has returned for another run!! :clap

Let's have at it! You guess 'em, and I'll fill 'em in! Now, git guessin'!!

Last edited by a moderator:
INCORRECT ANSWERS

Applying make-up while driving
Back seat drivers
Bicycles (also mentioned, tricyclists :rolling)
Bumperstickers
California stoppers - not coming to a complete stop & rolling through an intersection
Cattle drivers holding up traffic
Cops
Dogs as airbags (This is both funny to read AND disturbing to see! :lol )
Door dings in parking lots
Drive-thru's - people taking too long
Drunk drivers - I think this would be #1 on a list of something much worse than pet-peeves.
Eating while driving
Emergency vehicles, not giving right of way to them
Gas price collusion
Gestures (with hands and fingers)
Gunfire
Hitch hikers (ugly ones) :lol
Last minute turns (not knowing where they're going)
Light glare
Littering
Loud music - good one, but no
No lights
Nothing on the radio (also mentioned, Glenn Beck on the radio :rolling )
Old people (for the record, Nick gave this answer) He doesn't like old drivers. :lol
(the) Other guy
Parking lots - not enough of them or spaces too small
Parking spaces - inventing them
Passing lane abuse (driving in the left lane) - not on the list somehow, but my personal #1!!
Passing and then slowing down
Pedestrians
People afraid to make left turn
Potholes (good one!, but no :thumbsup)
Putting on make-up
Roundabouts (These are the best invention since the automobile was invented!!)
Slow driving
Speed bumps
Staying in other drivers' blind spots
Stealing your parking spot
Tolls
Too courteous - holding up traffic by letting people go
Too fast for driving conditions
Traffic creeping slowly
Trash/debris in the road
Trucks (semi's)

Last edited by a moderator:
Love this game!!!

OK...with one response per post, I'll post my own driver pet peeves in the order that I think of them.

Starting with my own number one pet peeve...

Tailgaters!!! :mad

People who do not keep to the right in passing lanes, thereby nullifying the whole purpose of the lane!

GRRRNESS!

You said to think outside the box...which reminded me of Jack in the Box...which made me think of how irritating it is when people are in the drive through lane and can't make up their mind about what they want, causing a great big line.

Go inside, stand to the back until you figure out what you want, then get in line to order!!!!!

People who clearly have the right of way, but want to be nice or something, so will sit there...and sit there...and then wave one one.

I don't know, maybe this is an Idaho oddity...I've lived in California, North Carolina and have spent a good deal of time in Oregon and Arizona...and I've never experienced this anywhere but here.

It works like this...Two drivers approaching an intersection from opposite directions, one going straight and one making a left turn. Now, clearly the one going straight has the right of way...but will sit there. The one turning left sits there as well, wondering exactly why isn't that other person going when they have the right of way...longer pause... then a friendly little wave from the person with the right of way... all of this taking much longer than if everyone just went in the order they should have in the first place.

Irritates me....:eeeekkk

Cattle drivers who don't move the livestock out of the way when folks with Boise license plates are on the road. Those dang city slickers don't know how to work their way through the herd, so they hold up the traffic.

(You said to think outside the box!)

:lol

I can't believe passing lane abuse didn't make the list!!!! Passing lane abusers should be given one last wish and a pizza, then be shot at dawn.

Well, maybe not....

Anyway, back to the list:

Weavers...people going way faster than the traffic flow and passing people on both the left and right.

Cattle drivers who don't move the livestock out of the way when folks with Boise license plates are on the road. Those dang city slickers don't now how to work their way through the herd, so they hold up the traffic.

(You said to think outside the box!)

Okay, get a little closer to the box! :)

California stoppers...drivers who merely slow down then roll through the intersection, rather than making a full and complete stop and *gasp* waiting their turn.

Hey Mike! I just noticed you're Mike now...congratulations...now we have someone to keep Nick and Vic in line!!!

Thanks. I'm thinking it has something to do with "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.". ;)

I was just about to say that Nick!!! Sure gripes me.

People who will have a long train of cars behind them but won't use the turnouts.

I'm running out of ideas... probably because I do most of my driving on isolated country roads that really don't have many drivers.

Back