Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The TOP TEN Game Returns!!! Top Ten Pet Peeves of Drivers!!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
OK...more serious answers:

Drunk Drivers.... can't say enough about how they should be forever banned from driving....

1) People incapable of turning left.

This seems unique to Georgia. You get to a GREEN light, and want to turn left - everywhere else, you get out in the intersection under the light and wait for the light to turn red, stopping oncoming traffic - then you go. As many as 3 cars can do this per light, if the first two GET OUT THERE.

But not down here, I've seen people sit thru two lights because they would NOT get out there. Fact is, under Green, you have the right to enter the intersection!

2) Improper lane use - if there is no one ahead of you, and someone is behind you, mover over right one lane. :bigfrown The speed you are going has nothign to do with it, slower traffic keeps right, and we let the law deal with the speeders.

(And I know I violated the one-per-post rule, but I already know neither of these is probably on the list, anyway.)

1) People incapable of turning left.

This seems unique to Georgia. You get to a GREEN light, and want to turn left - everywhere else, you get out in the intersection under the light and wait for the light to turn red, stopping oncoming traffic - then you go. As many as 3 cars can do this per light, if the first two GET OUT THERE.

But not down here, I've seen people sit thru two lights because they would NOT get out there. Fact is, under Green, you have the right to enter the intersection!

2) Improper lane use - if there is no one ahead of you, and someone is behind you, mover over right one lane. :bigfrown The speed you are going has nothign to do with it, slower traffic keeps right, and we let the law deal with the speeders.

(And I know I violated the one-per-post rule, but I already know neither of these is probably on the list, anyway.)

Both of those are terribly annoying, but the second was already in the second post on the "incorrect answers" list. This is my greatest frustration!!

Handy what do you do when fred and bob are using the road to catch up on the lastest... we just drive around...

Handy what do you do when fred and bob are using the road to catch up on the lastest... we just drive around...

Oh yeah, just go around with a friendly wave and possibly a shout out to Fred to see how Wilma's doing....

Then there is the ultimate of "fast food drive through"...when you flag the Schwan's guy down and buy some pizza and ice cream, right there in the middle of the road...happened just a couple of weeks ago with us. Gotta love where we live.

Isn't it a little ironic that 6 out of the 10 have been answered by the two here who probably deal with less traffic than anyone else!

:lol

How about not giving right of way for emergency vehicles....

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back