Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The TOP TEN Game Returns!!! Top Ten Pet Peeves of Drivers!!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Handy, this thread has me thinking about how blessed i am to not have these problems.... You and i can stick with the cows, tractors, etc:yes

Having to pay too much for parking spaces in parking lots.

handy: Yes, absolutely! Some unscrupulous managers and executives use parking lots (some of them full of huge potholes) as a cash cow, yet don't even use the money to repair the potholes.

Sorry if I don't go and add to the second post, but no correct answers so far for the final slot. I'm posting from my phone now, and that's too much work. :)

Parking lots. How some drivers make their own rules... :gah

One last parking lot pet peeve that I can think of... and it really irritated me a LOT when I had a wheel chair bound friend that I was taking places... perfectly healthy people parking in the handicapped parking spaces.

I know not everyone who looks fine is... and there might be folks out there who have a perfectly legitimate reason to park in a handicapped parking spot and yet still look hale and hearty...

But, trying to maneuver a wheelchair to an open door and have room for the person getting out of the car and into a chair all in a "regular" parking spot ...GRRRNESSS! Believe me, when one is dealing with someone in a wheelchair, that extra space on the side of the car is vital.

With that, I think my parking lot pet peeves is exhausted.

drive ways you cant get out of or into.

:lol Well, heck...that's our drive way pretty much every winter when it snows more than 5 inches. Which didn't happen this winter... first winter since we moved here that we had no vehicles get stuck in the driveways... Nice!

Nick: parking inspectors, like planning officials, air traffic controllers, tattoo parlor check-out staff and striking postal workers, must be in among the least popular professions.

we call them parking enforcement here and yes they are hated. my small town has one of them. and we do lock them wheels and tow them to the compound.
Over here they often travel in pairs - probably for fear of getting bashed.

How do they wake up each morning knowing they will make someone's life miserable?

:gah

Over here they often travel in pairs - probably for fear of getting bashed.

How do they wake up each morning knowing they will make someone's life miserable?

:gah
as an nco i can do that job well if i so choose and nathan will find out friday as he will be trained by the blue rock of knowlege. its not to heavy and will teach him much, such as to listen and learn. to shut up and to do as told when told and how instructed. a taste of that for "fun" was done yesterday and his legs couldnt handle the pain. :yesim sore as well but not as much as him.:yes ruck marching never though of how corrective it could be.he was bored and well had been begging me friday to throw the ball and then i saw his look and how he was making so obvious that he had nothing to do. so i took him up on that challenge.

that is how one can make one miserable if so needed.:biggrin

One last parking lot pet peeve that I can think of... and it really irritated me a LOT when I had a wheel chair bound friend that I was taking places... perfectly healthy people parking in the handicapped parking spaces.

DING DING DING DING!!

And there you have it! One thing I can't believe didn't make the list is when people wait until the last second to merge when a lane is closing or at a crowded exit. A close second is dude in front of me who lets him in after the guy speeds past a half mile of traffic. ;)

Thanks for playing! :clap

Here's the complete list: http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/2012/03/survey-reveals-top-gripes-among-drivers/index.htm

Back