Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I've said several times--Matthew was an apostle and Mark and Luke were close companions who traveled with Peter and Paul, respectively. They recorded what the apostles either told them to or just wrote what they heard the apostles say, as well as any other eyewitness accounts.

Well, then there was an error in your beliefs somewhere, but it had nothing to do with the authors of the gospels.

Not at all. What proof is in the gospels?
I promise to address any evidence you provide to back up your claims For the authors. I’m a firm believer in Jesus so I’m not sure what you mean that I must have an error in my beliefs. The analysis is too long and detailed for this forum, but I’m happy to point you to it and discuss any of the data and conclusions if this is something you are interested in.

I promise to address any evidence you provide to back up your claims For the authors. I’m a firm believer in Jesus so I’m not sure what you mean that I must have an error in my beliefs. The analysis is too long and detailed for this forum, but I’m happy to point you to it and discuss any of the data and conclusions if this is something you are interested in.
Well, since there is no internal evidence for the authors you claim, and since none of the authors identifies themselves, I'll stick with what was believed in the early church. There simply is no good reason to believe otherwise.

Please explain in detail how you came to your decisions on these men as the authors .
In general, i compared accounts of stories to look for eyewitness details then backed out the authors based on who could have née present to witness events. There are enough variations in the stories with eyewitness details to indicate different writers and when I took into account who copied from who and why, the answers were revealed. There are certain events captured in Matthew that only a Pharisee could witness. Acts is clearly Peter telling his story to Silas who tags along with Paul for a good while.

Excellent thought everyone - I appreciate your comments. My analysis confirmed eyewitness accounts of the phenomenal story of Jesus, therefore I have eliminated long-term doubts that I had for many years. I am a 100% believer in Jesus, but not so in the theological stew of the gospel author story. I’ve always had problems with it. For example, if they are eyewitness accounts, how could Matthew write them when he didn‘t witness munch of what was written in that book?
mk3
14 And he ordained twelve, that they should be with him, and that he might send them forth to preach,
2pet1
16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.

LK.1;
1 Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us,

2 Even as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning were eyewitnesses, and ministers of the word;

3 It seemed good to me also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write unto thee in order, most excellent Theophilus,

4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.

Well, since there is no internal evidence for the authors you claim, and since none of the authors identifies themselves, I'll stick with what was believed in the early church. There simply is no good reason to believe otherwise.
The evidence for Nicodemus and James is provided in detail in the last half of the book “Course Corrections to Faith and Identify the Real Gospel Authors.” Silas/Peter took more time because the first investigation was only based on the Gospels. That analysis is captured in “The Gospel Naming Fraud” along With the motive for three Gospels being misnamed.

The evidence for Nicodemus and James is provided in detail in the last half of the book “Course Corrections to Faith and Identify the Real Gospel Authors.” Silas/Peter took more time because the first investigation was only based on the Gospels. That analysis is captured in “The Gospel Naming Fraud” along With the motive for three Gospels being misnamed.
Are there any legitimate scholars that believe any of that? Not that it matters. I don't see how any of this really has any bearing on anything.

mk3
14 And he ordained twelve, that they should be with him, and that he might send them forth to preach,
2pet1
16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.

LK.1;
1 Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us,

2 Even as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning were eyewitnesses, and ministers of the word;

3 It seemed good to me also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write unto thee in order, most excellent Theophilus,

4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.
On the flip side do you want me to present all the scripture that warns against false teachers? The 2 Peter reference is great as well as 1 John 2:18-19. Do you choose to believe the people who took over the church after the disciples and created the stories of tradition? John, Peter and Paul among others warned about them. I only believe scripture and take everything in context.

Are there any legitimate scholars that believe any of that? Not that it matters. I don't see how any of this really has any bearing on anything.
It has everything to do with scripture verse tradition. What is the truth? I’m an investigator who searches and reports on the truth. The truth is scripture and that points to Jesus!!!

You are the author of the book then? Sounds like you in the description. I don't have major problems with you expressing these things, btw, even though I disagree. Just strikes me as a curiosity is all.

On the flip side do you want me to present all the scripture that warns against false teachers? The 2 Peter reference is great as well as 1 John 2:18-19. Do you choose to believe the people who took over the church after the disciples and created the stories of tradition? John, Peter and Paul among others warned about them. I only believe scripture and take everything in context.
I did not say anything about that ,did I?

It has everything to do with scripture verse tradition. What is the truth? I’m an investigator who searches and reports on the truth. The truth is scripture and that points to Jesus!!!
Many hold tradition tight to the chest because it is taught alongside scripture, but Jesus condemned tradition and the apostles warned about it. i have not presented anything that points away from scripture.

You are the author of the book then? Sounds like you in the description. I don't have major problems with you expressing these things, btw, even though I disagree. Just strikes me as a curiosity is all.

Yes this is me. The Lord has me in prophecy now and the results are making me step back and say, “WOW Lord God you are almighty and planned everything in advance.”

I’m not here to sell books or promote crazy and wild ideas, I’m here to share what the Holy Spirit has been showing me in the hopes that some may find Jesus through my work.

Yes this is me. The Lord has me in prophecy now and the results are making me step back and say, “WOW Lord God you are almighty and planned everything in advance.”

Ok. Well that would be another discussion in and of itself.

But let me ask, why do you think the Lord would allow the church throughout the last 2 millennium to believe the Gospels were written by those who didn't actually write them? And if it were true, why would it be spiritually significant? Again, I have my own view, but I'm searching for what you think is the spiritual import in needing to know this information, assuming it is true.

I’m not here to sell books or promote crazy and wild ideas, I’m here to share what the Holy Spirit has been showing me in the hopes that some may find Jesus through my work.

Again, I don't wish to sound confrontational - just trying to understand - but why can people not find Jesus by simply accepting that tradition that the Gospels were written by the four men the church said wrote them? Is it that timing thing again? I don't think I've heard of anyone professing that this was an obstacle to believing before.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back